chino

Hello

53 minutes ago, SongShuhang said:

Please stop fighting, especially in welcome threads. If people want to fight or challenge each other, it would be wise to make a special topic or threads or zone on forum for it, or just go into pm.

People will never stop challenging each other here.  We are a boisterous family and I am fine with that.  We do need to be more mannerly about it though, and I believe we need to STOP using newcomer threads to do it in.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, moment said:

People will never stop challenging each other here.  We are a boisterous family and I am fine with that.  We do need to be more mannerly about it though, and I believe we need to STOP using newcomer threads to do it in.

As far as I know newcomers haven’t been approved yet. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SongShuhang said:

There is an Admin, he should be able to take care of all who break the rules here.kills

One admin cannot do it all.  We need him do the heavy lifting when things get out of hand. As a community we need to be somewhat civilized on our own.  With the exception of going whacko ( which we all do now and then) 95%+ of us are good people trying to keep a viable strong community together.  Sure, there are a few evil, twisted, cultish pieces of shit here, with a certain degree of skills. That is why, you need to proceed with caution and learn the territory and the players involved.

Edited by moment
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ralis said:

Chino joined 12 hours ago, whether approved or not, newcomers are interacting with us.

8 minutes ago, ralis said:

Apparently Trunk had some time to open the door recently, and this is indeed the welcome thread of a new member. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, SongShuhang said:

I think presuming guilty before proven guilty is straight wrong.

This is no different than racism..

You are racist to anyone who follows John Chang?
Why project negativity on everyone who comes and mentions this name?

As wise man say, deal with issues when they arrive..

John Chang might have influenced millions people but not everyone becomes malicious or breaks the rules of the forum.

Being mean and evil to everyone who mentions him in the first post, is racist nonetheless.

No, absolutely not! Ralis is not a racist.  There is a history here about mopai that you probably need to be more aware of.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, SongShuhang said:

I think presuming guilty before proven guilty is straight wrong.

This is no different than racism..

You are racist to anyone who follows John Chang?
Why project negativity on everyone who comes and mentions this name?

As wise man say, deal with issues when they arrive..

John Chang might have influenced millions people but not everyone becomes malicious or breaks the rules of the forum.

Being mean and evil to everyone who mentions him in the first post, is racist nonetheless.

I have no idea as to how you came up with the racist bullshit!

Here is one of many MoPai threads which you will find it anyway or already have. MoPai seems to attract ones that have watched far too many superhero movies. MoPai is dangerous!

• Like 2

One thing regarding newbies in disguise which means duplicate/sock puppet accounts are not allowed. You will be found out. 

• Like 1

Just now, ralis said:

One thing regarding newbies in disguise which means duplicate/sock puppet accounts are not allowed. You will be found out. 

Only if it is a duplicate account, measures have not been taken to reroute the IP addy, and our sole admin has the time (and inclination) to check the available info. 

Unless it is a duplicate and they out themselves - which seems to happen often enough.

For the time being, I'm going with this simply being someone who is curious about the subject.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, chino said:

Hi, greetings from Auckland. 

I read about this site after searching up John Chang. I am interested in the path of self mastery/The Great Work/kung fu. I hope to learn from you and support you. 

Thanks

Best not to try and have a serious discussion about John Chang or Mo Pai here, it is an environment which is hostile to its discussion.

Just my $0.02

Edited by MegaMind

14 minutes ago, ralis said:

Hopefully, VPNs are making it much harder.

2 hours ago, ralis said:

MoPai freaks are guilty of spamming to the nth degree.

Ralis,

No one in our group wants to be here to defend ourselves, our practice, and our teachers from the constant personal attacks and nonsense that this board spews at us.

Not one member of our group wants to be here. 

However we do have an obligation to defend ourselves, so we are here to do that.

Do you not think a moratorium on Mo Pai discussion would be a better solution to the problem than endless flame wars?

Edited by MegaMind

13 hours ago, chino said:

I am interested in the path of self mastery/The Great Work/kung fu.

This is far too broad and abstract. What are your immediate goals? Do you want to be a better fighter? A healer? Do you want enlightenment?

If it is power that you seek, i won't dissuade you but be careful.

• Like 3

Not one member of our group wants to be here. 

If this was actually true, you would not be.

"You" have an investment which leads to a vigilant and defensive stake in this particular game. Nothing wrong with this imo, but "you" are certainly here by choice, and this choice indicates a "want" of some type to be here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

"You" have an investment which leads to a vigilant and defensive stake in this particular game. Nothing wrong with this imo, but "you" are certainly here by choice, and this choice indicates a "want" of some type to be here.

Thank you for spotlighting a certain type of deviousness!

14 hours ago, chino said:

Hi, greetings from Auckland. 

I read about this site after searching up John Chang. I am interested in the path of self mastery/The Great Work/kung fu. I hope to learn from you and support you. 

Thanks

Hey chino.  Welcome to the Bums.

As you can see, the topic of JC brings a lot of baggage with it.

That aside, you are most welcome here and if you don't find many who want to talk with you about it openly, there are many threads on it you can find in the search feature to get some info.  In perusing them, you'll soon see why you got the harsh responses here.

Just know, due to severe trolling by some who claim to follow JC's protocols, you will meet with much ferocious resistence trolling in response when bringing it up. 

Don't take it personally.  It's just how some folks respond to that topic here now.

Edited by silent thunder
clarify
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ilumairen said:

This is rather poor argumentation. 

While @ralis may be tired of the endless dead end arguments this forum has seen regarding mopai, he isn't racist, and is most likely the most active voice we have here speaking against racism. 

If you are curious what this is about use the search feature, look up mopai, and understand the more heated threads ended up in what we call "the pit" - which we presently don't have access to.

So because someone is tired on dead end arguments, you must all group up, gang upon a newcomer like myself, @chino

Beat him up in his welcome thread and scare to death with threats?

4 hours ago, ilumairen said:

And please don't become one of those members who makes spurious and unfounded arguments on behalf of others and then summarily defeats the argument which exists only in their own minds. 

I believe this place should be accomodating to various people, with various views, practices and beliefs. As long as they dont break the rules. Trolls, spammers, and evil people should be banned or punished - by fact, not by prejudice.

Does anyone disagree with this statement or thinks its wrong? Do you think you should banish people for different views and practices to your own? Or we should all follow the universal law and basis of equality and equanimity? Enforced by strict but fair admin policy?

5 minutes ago, SongShuhang said:

Does anyone disagree with this statement or thinks its wrong? Do you think you should banish people for different views and practices to your own? Or we should all follow the universal law and basis of equality and equanimity? Enforced by strict but fair admin policy?

You brought up racism here for some reason of which I don't have clue as to why. Given that many here including myself have questioned the MoPai trip has no bearing of judgement toward a culture or an individual which you implied is racist. Nothing is further from the truth in that regard. The efficacy of MoPai is what is in question here and all the evidence points to it being fraught with dangers and misunderstanding for those that are involved with it. Straining as a way of projecting energy to knock over a cigarette box at a distance of ten feet will cause great stress on the cardiovascular system and the brain. Twelve year olds see this stuff and think  I can be a super hero.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ilumairen said:

No it is absolutely true.

We aren't here because we want to be here, we are here to defend ourselves, our practice, and our teachers from the never ending mudslinging battle.

This is more a situation where we have to be here, rather than we want to be.

2 minutes ago, MegaMind said:

No it is absolutely true.

We aren't here because we want to be here, we are here to defend ourselves, our practice, and our teachers from the never ending mudslinging battle.

This is more a situation where we have to be here, rather than we want to be.

No free will then? A slave to your own defensiveness? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ralis said:

You brought up racism here for some reason of which I don't have clue as to why. Given that many here including myself have questioned the MoPai trip has no bearing of judgement toward a culture or an individual which you implied is racist. Nothing is further from the truth in that regard. The efficacy of MoPai is what is in question here and all the evidence points to it being fraught with dangers and misunderstanding for those that are involved with it. Straining as a way of projecting energy to knock over a cigarette box at a distance of ten feet will cause great stress on the cardiovascular system and the brain. Twelve year olds see this stuff and think  I can be a super hero.

Indeed 12 year olds do see it and think that, but that is not the point of the system.

People who want to be Son Goku are not people we can help.

Also you are very right about it being dangerous.

If people fail to adhere to safety precautions, or if they mix and match practices because they are "eclectic",  if they cannot follow instruction exactly as provided, then they can and they do get seriously injured.

9 minutes ago, ralis said:

No free will then? A slave to your own defensiveness? 

Defamation, libel, slander are all things people do bring lawsuits over, but we neither have the money or energy to endure such an ordeal, not to mention as such matters become a public record it means we would be exposing ourselves to more nonsense.

If we had the money we would buy the forum, implement a moratorium on Mo Pai discussion across the board, and call it a day.

This would end the eternal flame war here.

Unfortunately the best strategy we have without being rich,  is to be here in person to set the record straight about who we are, who our teachers are, and and what our practice is actually about.

Edited by MegaMind

36 minutes ago, ralis said:

The efficacy of MoPai is what is in question here and all the evidence points to it being fraught with dangers and misunderstanding for those that are involved with it. Straining as a way of projecting energy to knock over a cigarette box at a distance of ten feet will cause great stress on the cardiovascular system and the brain. Twelve year olds see this stuff and think  I can be a super hero.

Understood. I am not an expert here, I am a beginner in qigong arts and was recommended Damo Mitchell's course to start with.
If it is a dangerous practice, then, by all means, everyone including those on welcome threads, should be advised and warned about it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SongShuhang said:

Understood. I am not an expert here, I am a beginner in qigong arts and was recommended Damo Mitchell's course to start with.
If it is a dangerous practice, then, by all means, everyone including those on welcome threads, should be advised and warned about it.

It is only dangerous if people cannot follow instruction exactly, or if they mix and match practices to blend together something new, or if they fail to observe clear safety precautions. 

It is like building a fire, if you are respectful of what it is and don't try play with it and carry the red hot coals in your hands you can avoid being burned by it.

If you treat fire as something to play with, and you do not give it the proper respect you can seriously injure yourself.

Edited by MegaMind