thelerner

What are your Go to Healing Techniques- mundane & esoteric

1 hour ago, dwai said:

AFAIK, Pre-natal Jing cannot be replenished.

There are two aspects to primordial jing... heavenly and earthly.

Earthly jing is the pre-natal jing we know about.

The heavenly jing is a rare ‘substance’ that is tapped at the bai hui (heavenly lake at the top of the mountain)... it can ‘take the place of’ ones earthly jing - and is accessed through advanced practices.

This is what is used to ‘return to youthfulness’...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I'm gonna share a little anecdotal story of what happened to me recently. It's nothing more than anecdotal keep in mind.

Basically I've been noticing for a while(a few months now) that I've developed a little bit of a belly. Nothing serious, I'm not fat, average weight I think, I used to be somewhat underweight actually. That boy was just getting a little thick, little chubby down there. My appetite went up seriously as I was getting more and more into Neigong.

So I decided, I will cut out dinners from now on, that should adjust things back to normal a little. My belly disappeared in just 3 days of cutting out only dinner. A week-ish at most. I wasn't even very strict about it, only other thing I did was dial down my use of butter and olive oil. It is now at a normal/somewhat over 'thin' level, I guess. Keep in mind that I train fairly seriously (4-5hrs daily) Neigong proper mostly.

Now I don't actually know what it is/was. Maybe I practiced a bit incorrectly to develop a bit of a big belly, or maybe it's the pelvic tilt/tightness in sacrum(which I have also been more seriously looking at this week), maybe it's something completely unrelated or just my own perception playing tricks. (In fact I'd love to get some feedback from @freeform whether this seems possible)

Other than as an advertisement for !!my new $5000 dollar guaranteed 3-day weight-loss program!!, 100% money back guaranteed, maybe serious cultivators could take this as a possible word of warning, proceed with caution when combining fasting + serious energy work!

Edited by Piyadasi
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Piyadasi said:

(In fact I'd love to get some feedback from @freeform whether this seems possible)

Yeah the efficiency of the spleen system to absorb nutrition from food goes up drastically... at which point you simply need to slightly reduce the quantity of food for each meal.

(alternatively, if you’re sinking too much, and not allowing an inner stretch to develop in the Yao as a result of dropping the weight of your pelvis off the upper torso - this can also cause stagnation (followed by fat) in the belly area. But I don’t think that’s what’s going on for you)

Mindful (silent, undistracted) eating (tasting, smelling and sensing the movement of food through your system) will also increase absorption of the good stuff :) Particularly if each ingredient is directly identifiable with the senses.

Three meals a day with no snacking in between is what my teacher recommends.

Great for health :) 

(trying not to get too off topic)

• Like 4