Earl Grey

Is gendao worth having on this forum?

Recommended Posts

Just now, moment said:

 

How do you know?

Can you prove some spiritual authority has spiritual abilities? Scientifically that is? If so please provide evidence. Until then spirituality doesn't need gurus or masters telling people what to do when they can't prove their own claims.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Boerewors said:

Can you prove some spiritual authority has spiritual abilities? Scientifically that is? If so please provide evidence. Until then spirituality doesn't need gurus or masters telling people what to do when they can't prove their own claims.

 

No, I freely admit that I do not know the answer to any of those assertions you made above.  Again, my question is how do you know?

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boerewors said:

Can you prove some spiritual authority has spiritual abilities? Scientifically that is? If so please provide evidence. Until then spirituality doesn't need gurus or masters telling people what to do when they can't prove their own claims.

I have have test tubes and chemicals.  I could mix up a batch of something and sprinkle it on aspirants and see what color it turns thus producing the evidence you're looking.  What kinda powers you looking for?  Superman, Wonderwoman.. Aquaman?  No.. probably Doctor Strange.. he's got another movie coming out so you can see him. 

 

If you'll only listen to Masters who can levitate, well.. good luck with that.  I got 3 words for you Western Mo Pai.. Look to the Magus book, that's got high level guys shooting fireballs, destroying villages, a level 35 killing off a level 27.  Cool stuff..  dude. 

 

<kidding sortof> I think there are lineages and traditions and excellent teachers that, if they connect with you, one should commit and learn from them.  The conceit that one doesn't require instruction is often the ego blowing smoke up one's ass.  That's not to throw common sense out the window either.  There are frauds but they're more often the ones touting powers.  Imo the best you can do is find wisdom that'll improve your spirituality, mind and body.   

 

 

You want powers look to an electrician, you want wisdom look to the wise.  While siddhi's happen, most traditions seem to think aiming for them rather then letting them happen naturally is a mistake.  

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, moment said:

 

No, I freely admit that I do not know the answer to any of those assertions you made above.  Again, my question is how do you know?

Fair enough. Seeing as they are not able to objectively (scientifically) prove themselves to be immortals, they are thus not objectively immortals, thus not authorities. And since I subjectively don't believe them to be immortals, they are thus both objectively, and subjectively not immortals, and thus not authorities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, thelerner said:

I have have test tubes and chemicals.  I could mix up a batch of something and sprinkle it on aspirants and see what color it turns thus producing the evidence you're looking.  What kinda powers you looking for?  Superman, Wonderwoman.. Aquaman?  No.. probably Doctor Strange.. he's got another movie coming out so you can see him. 

 

If you'll only listen to Masters who can levitate, well.. good luck with that.  I got 3 words for you Western Mo Pai.. Look to the Magus book, that's got high level guys shooting fireballs, destroying villages, a level 35 killing off a level 27.  Cool stuff..  dude. 

 

<kidding sortof> I think there are lineages and traditions and excellent teachers that, if they connect with you, one should commit and learn from them.  The conceit that one doesn't require instruction is often the ego blowing smoke up one's ass.  That's not to throw common sense out the window either.  There are frauds but they're more often the ones touting powers.  Imo the best you can do is find wisdom that'll improve your spirituality, mind and body.   

 

 

You want powers look to an electrician, you want wisdom look to the wise.  While siddhi's happen, most traditions seem to think aiming for them rather then letting them happen naturally is a mistake.  

I'm not looking for superpowers or MoPai. I'm looking for all these "Authorities and masters" to go get scientifically monitored so as to determine whether they're really authorities, as you and your little cult of orthodox quacks like to claim. Why waste your time learning to achieve a state of immortality from somebody who cannot be verified to be one? If Chinese Traditional Medicine or Daoist cultivation can improve longevity, then why is the Chinese life expectancy not the highest? Maybe because they're talking shit.

 

I'm not saying I'll "only listen to masters who levitate", I'm saying there's no use in spending your life blindly following frauds and people who aren't any more advanced than you are. If they are more advanced, the burden of proof falls upon then, until then they're all frauds out to make a fortune off gullible fools. Obviously I'm a spiritual person myself, but that doesn't mean I'm going to fall in with your submissiveness and willingness for blind belief in others. 

 

The conceit that you think spiritual wisdom is restricted to only a certain group of cultures from a certain geographical area, clearly stems from a lack of knowledge. It might hurt your feelings to hear that your heroes and idols aren't the only ones with spiritual knowledge, doesn't change the fact that they aren't though.

 

I'm not looking for siddhis, I was looking for those who claim to be "authorities" in a highly subjective subject to come out and prove why exactly anybody should believe them to be authorities. Also, if people could not teach themselves, I guess your Daoist religion would not exist, because guess what, the original masters didn't have authorities, or masters, they taught themselves. The idea that you need to blindly obey people is ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Boerewors said:

I'm not looking for superpowers or MoPai. I'm looking for all these "Authorities and masters" to go get scientifically monitored so as to determine whether they're really authorities, as you and your little cult of orthodox quacks like to claim. Why waste your time learning to achieve a state of immortality from somebody who cannot be verified to be one? If Chinese Traditional Medicine or Daoist cultivation can improve longevity, then why is the Chinese life expectancy not the highest? Maybe because they're talking shit.

 

I'm not saying I'll "only listen to masters who levitate", I'm saying there's no use in spending your life blindly following frauds and people who aren't any more advanced than you are. If they are more advanced, the burden of proof falls upon then, until then they're all frauds out to make a fortune off gullible fools. Obviously I'm a spiritual person myself, but that doesn't mean I'm going to fall in with your submissiveness and willingness for blind belief in others. 

 

The conceit that you think spiritual wisdom is restricted to only a certain group of cultures from a certain geographical area, clearly stems from a lack of knowledge. It might hurt your feelings to hear that your heroes and idols aren't the only ones with spiritual knowledge, doesn't change the fact that they aren't though.

 

I'm not looking for siddhis, I was looking for those who claim to be "authorities" in a highly subjective subject to come out and prove why exactly anybody should believe them to be authorities. Also, if people could not teach themselves, I guess your Daoist religion would not exist, because guess what, the original masters didn't have authorities, or masters, they taught themselves. The idea that you need to blindly obey people is ridiculous.

Anyone who may be more advanced may not care what you think.  You make so many blanket assertions.  There are many people here that do not believe in immortals and most, if not all of the stuff you are railing against.  The position you are taking, is one, most of us have heard over a hundred times before.  It is invariably a rant by someone who is relatively new to TDB.  When you stop knowing so much, you will know so much more.

Edited by moment
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Boerewors said:

I'm not looking for superpowers or MoPai. I'm looking for all these "Authorities and masters" to go get scientifically monitored so as to determine whether they're really authorities, as you and your little cult of orthodox quacks like to claim. Why waste your time learning to achieve a state of immortality from somebody who cannot be verified to be one? If Chinese Traditional Medicine or Daoist cultivation can improve longevity, then why is the Chinese life expectancy not the highest? Maybe because they're talking shit.

 

I'm not saying I'll "only listen to masters who levitate", I'm saying there's no use in spending your life blindly following frauds and people who aren't any more advanced than you are. If they are more advanced, the burden of proof falls upon then, until then they're all frauds out to make a fortune off gullible fools. Obviously I'm a spiritual person myself, but that doesn't mean I'm going to fall in with your submissiveness and willingness for blind belief in others. 

 

The conceit that you think spiritual wisdom is restricted to only a certain group of cultures from a certain geographical area, clearly stems from a lack of knowledge. It might hurt your feelings to hear that your heroes and idols aren't the only ones with spiritual knowledge, doesn't change the fact that they aren't though.

 

I'm not looking for siddhis, I was looking for those who claim to be "authorities" in a highly subjective subject to come out and prove why exactly anybody should believe them to be authorities. Also, if people could not teach themselves, I guess your Daoist religion would not exist, because guess what, the original masters didn't have authorities, or masters, they taught themselves. The idea that you need to blindly obey people is ridiculous.

You make 6 or 7 wrong assumptions above.  I admit my post was provocative, sarcastic and abrasive, (I'll even throw in rude) for which I apologize. But its not  my Daoist religion??  I'm not sure what 'cult of orthodox quacks' you think I belong to. This is an eclectic site, not just Daoist.  People here follow diverse teachings..  You are projecting much.  Like, do you think all China is Daoist?   actually I don't care. 

 

You don't have to be blind but you have to be able to listen and not have so much attitude.  Otherwise guys like you end up in Mo Pai or its equivalent.  There's nothing wrong going solo.  In truth I am, though I listen and am influenced by people here I respect.  Much of my current meditation regime comes from Spotless.    Is he a master?   Don't know, but he knows more then me.  As do many here.  If I'm respectful I can pick things up.  The soloists path is twisty but hopefully moving in an upwards trajectory.  I'm happy spending my time in 'good and better', not looking for perfect. 

 

I don't think people are going to be coming out of the wood work to 'prove' anything to you.  

 

If you have specific questions you should create threads asking them.  Or don't.  Why post questions if you don't have an open mind.  You don't have to believe what people say, but to discuss you can't immediately attack others views.  Discussion has some back and forth to it. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, thelerner said:

 

I don't think people are going to be coming out of the wood work to 'prove' anything to you.  

 

 

Exactly.  Suppose I´m a master.  (Big leap, I know.)  What upside is there for me to arrange a bunch of scientific testing to confirm abilities?  Probably not much.  My ego isn´t invested in being famous or having people think I´m a spiritual bigwig because in my mastery I´ve gone beyond caring about such things.  Maybe I could get more students but who wants more students?  If anything, I want less students!  A few highly devoted students is more than enough.  

 

Would-be students are free to demand any level of proof or scientific confirmation they like.  Nobody is forcing anybody to take up any particular practice (or at least I hope not).  At the same time, nobody is forcing teachers to provide any empirical proof (or at least I hope not).  Everybody can do what they want.  

 

 

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One guy I respect was Doc Glenn Morris, rip.  His definition of enlightenment was purely electric.  Not what you thought or preached, it was how much juice you had; if your circuits/meridians were clear and qi/chi/energy was running strong, Kan & Li, Kundalini.  He had tests.. from clarity of mind to unusual strength.. to well.. mostly he saw it with his 3rd eye. 

 

But would we see it?  Idk. 

 

Course it also didn't mean you were sane or could teach, just that you made it through Kundalini and stabilized it.

 

If you're interested in his work.  Look up KAP. 

https://kundaliniawakeningprocess.com/blog/kap-explained/

 

Dr Glenn J Morris’s Kundalini Awakening Process Explained:

What is Kundalini?

“Kundalini is the ancient, accepted term for the biological and
spiritual potential of the human body – a tiny replica of the huge
potentials that exist in nature (think lightening) and the cosmos
(think “Big Bang”). In 99.99% of people, kundalini goes unharnessed,
lying dormant deep within their nervous and endocrine systems. In the
unawakened human being, these systems are poorly connected, “rusty,”
poorly synchronized, and unable to carry much more “signal” than keeps
that person alive.

 

Kundalini awakening occurs when the various parts of the brain, spine,
and nerve ganglia, along with the different endocrine glands, begin to
rejuvenate, better link, and synchronize. The gonads, adrenals, and
digestive glands (connected to the experience of lower emotions)
connect to the master glands at the heart, throat, and brain.

 

These systems rapidly rejuvenate, function more efficiently, and
begin to carry larger quantities of bio-electric (neurotransmitter and endocrine) traffic through the body.

It’s a little like comparing a 56k Modem to a Broadband T1 line. EEG and EKG scans show

that “awakened” individuals have more efficient mental and biological processes.

 

Kundalini is what causes the great visible physical illumination, charisma, and healing abilities of saints and prophets.

Every art lover has seen countless representations of the “illumination of the sages” –

the halo and golden sheen around saints and holy figures of all traditions.

Kundalini has been symbolized by the caduceus (medical
staff entwined with snakes), Moses’s burning bush, the Oroboros (the
world-encompassing serpent swallowing it own tail, Excalibur (King
Arthur’s sword), the Apostolic flame, the Descent of the Dove, the Kabbalistic Tree of Life, and more.

 

Kundalini is responsible for the powerful intuition, and mental and nervous-system

domination of legendary martial arts masters like “Book of Five Rings” author Miyamoto Musashi and Aikido’s founder Morihei Ueshiba.

The presence of kundalini, which is also the “enlightened body” of
esoteric buddhism, grants many of the siddhis, or miraculous
powers like heightened intuition, expanded charisma, personality,
willpower, and genius. Da Vinci, Michelangelo, and Einstein were all
“awake”

 

More importantly for the genuine seekers, the increased vital energy
(prana or qi) in the body of the awakened individual makes the last
step through the door to absolute awareness (the fully enlightened
mind) that much easier when in one-pointed meditation.”

 

What Dr. Morris’s KAP is, and what you can do using it…

Dr. Morris’s Improved Kundalini Awakening Process is a simple set of skills that engages the actual physiological shifts experienced during kundalini awakening, and then smoothly expands the body’s neural and endocrine networks to make the physiological shifts permanent. Rather than using abstract rituals to engage the biological changes indirectly, KAP is an ordered, synchronized practice of the biological phenomenae of kundalini arousal and awakening, using movement, emotion, breathing, visualization, and directed sensory awareness to awaken and move kundalini, evolving the consciousness as the neural and endocrine signals evolve.


The sequence of skills, some traditional, some modern, assembles into a daily practice of approximately 40 minutes daily, with supplementary skills that can be done in free moments throughout the day, or even while doing mundane activities.


KAP’s side effects are an added bonus: all of the KAP skills not only develop biological and metaphysical capacities, but also serve the KAP practitioner in work and family relationships and in times of both stress and great enjoyment.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, silent thunder said:

Mostly Norwegian... but a fair amount of the rest is Scot.

The Kilt is not a bad idea... have a buddy who sometimes works our crew, he wears one every Friday.

 

Two years ago I banned pants as a New Year's Resolution.

Decided I was only going to wear Pajama Bottoms that year.

 

Nailed it.

 

Second year, it was, only Linen pants with draw strings.

 

This year, pants it seems, are back... 

  Hide contents

though now I keep forgetting about the fly... :lol:

 

 

 

Stupid things ... invented horse riding  raiders  to keep their legs warm .

 

I was explaining this recently to a female friend -   woman should wear them ! Consider a man's anatomy , we dont need  something with no space there and a seam right up the middle !

 

bring back the codpiece I say !

 

 

 

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Boerewors said:

You don't have authority, and even though I have no problem with Walker, neither does he. Nobody is an authority on spiritual matters, not some Celestial Master, not the Dalai Lama, not the Pope, nobody, because it's all subjective. So sorry to burst your superiority bubble. Guess who the real supremacist is, the guy kissing some false authority's ass so he can talk about his supposed authority. You can't get to immortality by holding your masters hand.

 

 I went and read your 'introduction post ' (it wasnt )  that you complained about the 'reception'  you got  from  EG  - the very beginning of it (from you) and EG's first responses are telling .... to someone with an objective view ..

 

Its rather disingenuous  to  start up a little war with someone that is absent  and on 'stress leave '   ... unless you think he isnt and are trying to smoke him out .

 

Also in the above you totally misunderstood the whole context of EG 's comment on authority ; it wasnt 'spiritual' but the authority of someone working in the field with real life experience .

 

For eg . if someone with no  in the field , in reality , experience  of . say, refugee relocation, argued with me about that , I would say similar - they have no 'authority'  .   The comment related to  gendao and his criticism of EG's humanitarian work .  Eg asked gendao numerous times to show his work and expereince to prove EG wrong and show that he did have 'authority' ( ie due to personal  experience  ) to speak on the matter as he did .  As far as I saw ; Gendao was not forthcoming with that .

 

I think you just got a bit   ***hurt  when EG caned you  for going against the valid advice (you first sought and asked for yourself  )  that he and  a few people here gave you  .

 

Now you got a chance to  get  ' even   '    ;) 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Boerewors said:

Can you prove some spiritual authority has spiritual abilities? Scientifically that is? If so please provide evidence. Until then spirituality doesn't need gurus or masters telling people what to do when they can't prove their own claims.

 

Oh ... so you relate 'spiritual authority' with 'spiritual abilities '  but not 'spirituality' ?

 

Okay .... now, what exactly do YOU mean by 'spiritual abilities' ?

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Boerewors said:

Fair enough. Seeing as they are not able to objectively (scientifically) prove themselves to be immortals, they are thus not objectively immortals, thus not authorities. And since I subjectively don't believe them to be immortals, they are thus both objectively, and subjectively not immortals, and thus not authorities.

 

So , immortality (again  :rolleyes: )  then  .  

 

To be a spiritual authority (even though the original discussion had nothing to do with spiritual authority ) you have to be immortal .

 

:D  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, moment said:

Anyone who may be more advanced may not care what you think.  You make so many blanket assertions.  There are many people here that do not believe in immortals and most, if not all of the stuff you are railing against.  The position you are taking, is one, most of us have heard over a hundred times before.  It is invariably a rant by someone who is relatively new to TDB.  When you stop knowing so much, you will know so much more.

 

Well , he has made 50 posts   ;) 

 

and got uppity on his 2nd thread , as he came here to ask advice and didnt get what he expected  ... that is ... he GOT the advice he asked for , just didnt like it .

 

I detected this stream in him earlier on , thats why I  offered   him my  shit sausage eater    'pun'     :)

 

Boerewors

Boerewors ([ˈbuːrəvors]) a type of sausage which originated in South Africa, is an important part of South African cuisine and is popular across Southern Africa.

Boerewors-1-e1497289429527.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

 

Exactly.  Suppose I´m a master.  (Big leap, I know.)  What upside is there for me to arrange a bunch of scientific testing to confirm abilities?  Probably not much.  My ego isn´t invested in being famous or having people think I´m a spiritual bigwig because in my mastery I´ve gone beyond caring about such things.  Maybe I could get more students but who wants more students?  If anything, I want less students!  A few highly devoted students is more than enough.  

 

Would-be students are free to demand any level of proof or scientific confirmation they like.  Nobody is forcing anybody to take up any particular practice (or at least I hope not).  At the same time, nobody is forcing teachers to provide any empirical proof (or at least I hope not).  Everybody can do what they want.  

 

 

 

You would have to prove to be immortal  though .... according to Mr Turdsausage .

 

I could help you with the demonstration  ;

 

 

mediaval-weapons-gistpad.jpg

 

Now .... what shall we try first ?

 

:) 

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Nungali said:

 

So , immortality (again  :rolleyes: )  then  .  

 

To be a spiritual authority (even though the original discussion had nothing to do with spiritual authority ) you have to be immortal .

 

:D  

 

Used to be loads of immortals in the old days - but now the whole things died out.

 

 

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

11 hours ago, Boerewors said:
On 1/22/2020 at 4:40 PM, Walker said:

He doesn't seem to learn anything here, he hasn't convinced anybody of anything, he makes it so people can't have serious conversations about the very real problem of colonialism

11 hours ago, Boerewors said:

I wasn't aware that we had to prove anything to anybody here? Hmmm, I guess you're closer to a cult than you'd like to admit. What is it one would have to "convince" others of? Superpowers?

 

I said "convince," you said "prove." 

 

My point is that he fails to make cogent arguments, therefore he has not established grounds for his tendentious rambling in things that normally convince people: excellent logic, strong evidence, successful appeals to conscience, poignant anecdotes, and the like.

 

I would not say he is the only person here who fails at making cogent arguments.

 

Read more carefully. Careful reading would be a good skill for a boy who wants to learn Daoist magic (or anything else) from books. 

 

11 hours ago, Boerewors said:

The very real problem of colonialism, hmmm. Does that extend to Chinese, Indian, and Japanese colonization of others? Does it extend to Turkey having been a colonial nation since the 11th century after they committed genocide against the Byzantines? Or reparations from Mongolia, or North Africa for conquests in Europe? How about Bantu tribes displacing the Khoi people in South Africa? 

 

Sure, it extends to those. We could talk about those questions. If it is important to you and you have something intelligent and convincing to say, why not make a new thread about it?

 

11 hours ago, Boerewors said:

When are you telling the Turkish to fuck off back to Central Asia then? Or does nativistic ideology only apply when it's at the expense of the white people you hate? 

 

Hmm, is your favorite superhero Projecty the Projecting Projector? No? Rearry? Oh, hmm, huh, no, no reason...

 

By the way, I don't hate white people as a group, but I do find insular, paranoid, racist white South Africans who pronounce "white South Africans" in this Emperor Palpatine sounding-ass voice as "whet Seth Efrikens" rather distasteful. 

 

Are you perchance one of those? Emperor Palpatine had quite the magic powers, I guess...

 

9 hours ago, Boerewors said:

I'm not looking for superpowers... I'm not looking for siddhis

 

Liiiiiiaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

 

You directed us to the following video to show us your role model and source of goals:

 

 

I direct everybody's attention to 18:00. Napoleon Dynamite-ass... I will not be responsible for peed pants (make it raaaaiiinnn!)

 

Also, Boerwors you have plainly stated that your desire is to explore the far reaches of the universe as an immortal whose personality is never obliterated.

 

You.

 

Are.

 

Seeking.

 

Siddhis.

 

Beware of self-deception and other-deception if you're really trying to walk the path you think you want to walk. I doubt they will serve you well. But then again, I'm no authority. 

 

9 hours ago, Boerewors said:

Obviously I'm a spiritual person myself

 

Whuh-whuh-whuh-well, buh-buh-buh-but, obviously!

 

11 hours ago, Boerewors said:

even though I have no problem with Walker

 

Now you do! Toodles! :wub:

 

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

Boerewors-1-e1497289429527.jpg

 

I see the resemblance! :D

 

Image result for poop emoji angry

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmmm  ... yeeeeesss .  

 

So yesterday , I am sitting  waiting for come chips at the beachside cafe here , as others are . Its taking some time .  near me are 4 young holiday girls, teens  ..... muckin up .   One starts laughing and  does the  -   cant stop, then everything makes you laugh, you are now gone  to convulsing laughter,  hard to get a breath -   thing was,  it  was a really funny laugh  ... a great crazy laugh.  

 

Her friends are"Shut up !  Embaras ING! "   but that just made it worse .   It finally stopped so I turned to stare at them  ..... off again ...  finally stops. So I ; " I wish  I had my phone , I would record that ! "   .... on again ... finally stops . Her fiend ; "You sound like a whale!"    .... on again .... finally stops .  Me ; " A BEACHED  whale ! "   .... on  again .... finally stops

 

Point is  .... I was laughing like that through this thread  :D

.

 

2 hours ago, Walker said:

 

 

I said "convince," you said "prove." 

 

My point is that he fails to make cogent arguments, therefore he has not established grounds for his tendentious rambling in things that normally convince people: excellent logic, strong evidence, successful appeals to conscience, poignant anecdotes, and the like.

 

I would not say he is the only person here who fails at making cogent arguments.

 

Read more carefully. Careful reading would be a good skill for a boy who wants to learn Daoist magic (or anything else) from books. 

 

 

Sure, it extends to those. We could talk about those questions. If it is important to you and you have something intelligent and convincing to say, why not make a new thread about it?

 

 

Hmm, is your favorite superhero Projecty the Projecting Projector? No? Rearry? Oh, hmm, huh, no, no reason...

 

:

:D     Oh shit !   I'm off again . 

 

 

 

 

... finally stops .  

 

Lets see what happens if I do  .....  THIS  

 

{ No it isn't another Christa McAuliffer  joke ... I am looking it up on the internet  .... it seemed  good candidate for the Nunagli ' Hey Dude You thought up something NOT already on the internet award  ' .    But actually , I might have found the little bugger , ie.

 

Projecty the Projecting Projector

 

6108dwvLrbL._SY355_.jpg

Amazon.com : Per Drawing Projector Set Cartoon Shape ...

 

Per Drawing Projector Set Cartoon Shape Painting Desk Music Art Projection With 24 Patterns &12pcs Color Pen For Kids Learning And Doodle-Blue

 

:)

 

Sorry Walker .   Close though .

 

Perhaps a consolation prise ;

 

 

Spoiler

african-sausage.jpg

 

 

 

2 hours ago, Walker said:

 

By the way, I don't hate white people as a group, but I do find insular, paranoid, racist white South Africans who pronounce "white South Africans" in this Emperor Palpatine sounding-ass voice as "whet Seth Efrikens" rather distasteful. 

 

Now you have done it  !

 

DUDE!  I used to put on that accent at work ... it lead to ALL  sorts of ... things .   What I can say here  is , sometimes new people would " Oh  , are you from South Africa ? "  and I would lie and say yes and go with ....  bosses and crew would  crack up s they knew me and .... 'my prejudices' .

 

Also , during the aftermath scuffle that ensued from such a 'joke'  one time , I admitted I was racist - against whites .  Maori workmate enlightened me " You're white, ya can't be racist against your own race ; that's not racism , thaat's shame . "

 

 

 

2 hours ago, Walker said:

 

Are you perchance one of those? Emperor Palpatine had quite the magic powers, I guess...

 

 

Liiiiiiaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

 

You directed us to the following video to show us your role model and source of goals:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 hours ago, Walker said:

I direct everybody's attention to 18:00. Napoleon Dynamite-ass... I will not be responsible for peed pants (make it raaaaiiinnn!)

 

Laundry bill for one sarong heading your way .

 

 

2 hours ago, Walker said:

 

Also, Boerwors you have plainly stated that your desire is to explore the far reaches of the universe as an immortal whose personality is never obliterated.

 

You.

 

Are.

 

Seeking.

 

Siddhis.

 

Beware of self-deception and other-deception if you're really trying to walk the path you think you want to walk. I doubt they will serve you well. But then again, I'm no authority.

 

Another one .  

 

You would think there is enough info out about this already - even for the casual beginning seeker .

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, silent thunder said:

omg... thank you Bums!

 

I needed this after the day I just finished with...

 

Big Viking Gratitude

 

Now I know what you mean  :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Walker said:

By the way, I don't hate white people as a group, but I do find insular, paranoid, racist white South Africans who pronounce "white South Africans" in this Emperor Palpatine sounding-ass voice as "whet Seth Efrikens" rather distasteful. 

Nope. Those are the English-speaking South Africans, they have a variety of different accents depending on where they came from in the second Anglo-Boer war, since they segregated themselves, Canadians with Canadians, Australians with Australians, Brits with Brits, etc. I'm Afrikaans, from the North-West originally so have a very Northen Dutch-like accent. You could also be talking about Afrikaners from the Cape, however we are different people, and have only recently been united under the Afrikaans blanket. 

 

I never said that guy is my role model. I pointed out that I regard him highly, he's been doing this for over a decade, without a teacher. He's dedicated to his practice, and practices daily. I wonder if you go tell some audience about the things you believe in if they won't start laughing at you? Hmmm. I guess there's very little to learn from such a sanctimonious individual. I highly doubt you have all the answers, nor any that I'm looking for. Have a pleasant day.

Edited by Boerewors
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nungali said:

DUDE!  I used to put on that accent at work ... it lead to ALL  sorts of ... things .   What I can say here  is , sometimes new people would " Oh  , are you from South Africa ? "  and I would lie and say yes and go with ....  bosses and crew would  crack up s they knew me and .... 'my prejudices' .

 

Also , during the aftermath scuffle that ensued from such a 'joke'  one time , I admitted I was racist - against whites .  Maori workmate enlightened me " You're white, ya can't be racist against your own race ; that's not racism , thaat's shame . "

 

5 hours ago, Walker said:

 

By the way, I don't hate white people as a group, but I do find insular, paranoid, racist white South Africans who pronounce "white South Africans" in this Emperor Palpatine sounding-ass voice as "whet Seth Efrikens" rather distasteful. 

I also think it's ironic how certain kinds of discrimination are apparently prohibited, and yet ethnic discrimination against other minorities are openly welcome. How tolerant and progressive of you. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nungali said:

Projecty the Projecting Projector

 

6108dwvLrbL._SY355_.jpg

Amazon.com : Per Drawing Projector Set Cartoon Shape ...

 

Amazing! Literally giggling out loud. I need that thing!

 

 

2 hours ago, Nungali said:

Per Drawing Projector Set Cartoon Shape Painting Desk Music Art Projection With 24 Patterns &12pcs Color Pen For Kids Learning And Doodle-Blue

 

"Doodle-blue" also happens to be Boerwors' permanent mood. Coinky-dink? I don't think so! 

 

2 hours ago, Nungali said:

DUDE!  I used to put on that accent at work ... it lead to ALL  sorts of ... things .   What I can say here  is , sometimes new people would " Oh  , are you from South Africa ? "  and I would lie and say yes and go with ....  bosses and crew would  crack up s they knew me and .... 'my prejudices' .

 

Lol, it's an accent that was designed for caricature!

 

2 hours ago, Nungali said:

Laundry bill for one sarong heading your way .

 

Oooooooh, did I make you P at a D? I just love water sports!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Boerewors said:

 

I also think it's ironic how certain kinds of discrimination are apparently prohibited, and yet ethnic discrimination against other minorities are openly welcome. How tolerant and progressive of you. 

 

Oh, well I never!

 

Well, since we're sharing our feelings, I think think it's ironic how you cast insults left and right simply so you can have a showy little personal pout parade of Glenn Beck-y butthurtedness about it the moment any of it comes back atcha! 

 

Kinda laaaaaame for an aspiring immortal flying around the galaxy for all eternity, but hey, maybe when you run into the Annunaki you can defeat them with your petulant, witless snarkiness and your teenboy sneer. I hope you have bangs, they make the sneer soooo much better, plus bangs will look totally kewl when you make your first Daoist Thundermagic Cosplay YouTube vid. First one to 40 views wins! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Walker said:

 

Oh, well I never!

 

Well, since we're sharing our feelings, I think think it's ironic how you cast insults left and right simply so you can have a showy little personal pout parade of Glenn Beck-y butthurtedness about it the moment any of it comes back atcha! 

 

Kinda laaaaaame for an aspiring immortal flying around the galaxy for all eternity, but hey, maybe when you run into the Annunaki you can defeat them with your petulant, witless snarkiness and your teenboy sneer. I hope you have bangs, they make the sneer soooo much better, plus bangs will look totally kewl when you make your first Daoist Thundermagic Cosplay YouTube vid. First one to 40 views wins! 

It's easy to kick people when they're down. I guess herd mentality is what one should expect from cowards who need their hands held. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites