welkin

Damaged lower dantian

1 hour ago, Toni said:

Your dan tian is NOT broken. Whatever it is that is happening to you is not that

Thank you for the advice. I hope you're finding progress with your tinnitus

This is way too much information that I'll pass along but one great practice by Mantak Chia

https://www.mantakchia.com/inner-smile-and-healing-sounds/

I would just do the inner smile.

It doesn't really matter if you sit, stand or lay down.... or just walking.   Don't get hung up on indoctrination of practice. 

This is for the organs but you can do it for the chakras or dan tians too. 

Here is what I'd do:

Start a ledger of your findings with doing an inner smile.  As you feel something is wrong with the LDT, I'd start somewhere else to create a baseline.   Where are you feeling most comfortable, chest?  So just smile for a minute or two... get a picture of the sunset or something you find pleasing and neutral.    Feel that area without trying to feel it; know it and sense it.

The heart is most important so I would use that as the baseline if you can.  And then bring it to the other areas when you smile at them.  WHen you get to the LDT, what do you get?  Whatever you first get in terms of disomfort, think of the baseline picture.   Resude in the moment without attaching to the moment.   Just be. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, dawei said:

This is way too much information that I'll pass along but one great practice by Mantak Chia

https://www.mantakchia.com/inner-smile-and-healing-sounds/

I would just do the inner smile.

It doesn't really matter if you sit, stand or lay down.... or just walking.   Don't get hung up on indoctrination of practice. 

This is for the organs but you can do it for the chakras or dan tians too. 

Here is what I'd do:

Start a ledger of your findings with doing an inner smile.  As you feel something is wrong with the LDT, I'd start somewhere else to create a baseline.   Where are you feeling most comfortable, chest?  So just smile for a minute or two... get a picture of the sunset or something you find pleasing and neutral.    Feel that area without trying to feel it; know it and sense it.

The heart is most important so I would use that as the baseline if you can.  And then bring it to the other areas when you smile at them.  WHen you get to the LDT, what do you get?  Whatever you first get in terms of disomfort, think of the baseline picture.   Resude in the moment without attaching to the moment.   Just be. 

Thanks Dawei,

This is interesting. I'll try them out.

Based on your history of practice, you’re not at a level of even having developed the dantian. If anything, now that you have your advice from Isen, best to stick with that before jumping into something else. Flying Phoenix by the way is not known to go well with Inner Smile according to Sifu Terry. You can ask Isen how good Inner Smile and six healing sounds are for you.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Based on your history of practice, you’re not at a level of even having developed the dantian. If anything, now that you have your advice from Isen, best to stick with that before jumping into something else. Flying Phoenix by the way is not known to go well with Inner Smile according to Sifu Terry. You can ask Isen how good Inner Smile and six healing sounds are for you.

Definitely whenever doing different energetic techniques, give it 30-60 min in-between each so that the energetics of each method don't collide. 

Edited by RiverSnake
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, welkin said:

Let's say i did build my dantien and the lower torso did shape in a particular way to contain it.

I assure you that you didn’t... It doesn’t happen by accident - just as you can’t build strong pectorals by accident. 

It takes specific exercises to do and you don’t have them. 

Unlike muscles, this is working with the fascia like tissues in your body - and they take far longer to grow than muscles do.

So you have to have correct methods (which you don’t) and you have to do them in a dedicated way over 7 to 10 yrs (with specific milestones that need to be achieved beforehand) - which you haven’t done.

However quiet breathing is always a very good idea.

The way to do it is to simply pay attention to your breathing without interfering in it in any way... the practice is basically awareness of the breathing process and constantly noticing how you’re interfering with your mind and letting that go.

This is a very good practice for smoothing your Qi flow and for stilling and building Jing eventually.

Edit: reading back it sounds a bit harsh... but that’s not my intention - my intention is to be real and not pander to delusion - which can come across harsh, but is actually meant with respect.

Edited by freeform
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RiverSnake said:

Definitely whenever doing different energetic techniques, give it 30-60 min in-between each so that the energetics of each method don't collide. 

There are some systems that you can’t even practice by that amount of time separation.

Spontaneous can’t be practiced at all if you do sleeping qigong or relaxation qigong.

Spontaneous can only be done on a different day you did Relaxation but has to not be done at all if you do sleeping qigong—you need to stop one or the other two weeks before doing sleeping qigong or spontaneous.

Flying Phoenix can be done with any of the above three.

But if you do Fragrant? You can’t do ANY of the above due to the abstract breathing and mental focus fragrant forbids.

• Like 3

About rupturing the LDT or the Meridians:

What do you guys think "energy" as in "Qi that flows in the meridians" is?

If it was like radiation, then it wouldn't flow in the meridians.

Now, here's an interesting thing. I've been able to see the flow of energy thanks to my spiritual guides a few times, and it has been very accurate. They opened my spiritual eyes for a bit, and I could see where things where blocked, twisted and etc.

Where there were blockages, there was pain. When I released a little bit of it, the pain lessened. When I released all of it, there was no more pain. Where there was emptyness, the clients' skin where moist and pale. Once I tonifyed it and the flow returned, the skin became healthy.

So, yes, LDT and meridians aren't physical, but they are subjected to laws which closely ressemble the laws that govern blood vessels, organs and so on. They CAN be ruptured, even if you haven't built a "physical LDT".

Think of the Qi that flows in your meridians as a "liquid", not energy like light or electricity. It can form "hematoms" and everything else, and those can be seen if you have your spiritual eyes open.

Your meridians can also be seen and they look like blood vessels in some level. Anyhow. People take Qi too lightly these days. First we need to know WHICH KIND of Qi we're talking about when dealing with an energetic issue. Only then can we infer if there can be some kind of damage to the triple burner, the LDT, the meridians or even the bones, marrow and organs.

For instance, the Qi that most practioneers use, and that feels "hot" and feels like water or electricity flowing through your muscles or right under your skin is usually Wei Qi - which isn't bound by the meridians and can be found near things like the muscular fascia. Once it depletes, you get sick with infectious diseases. If it is strong and healthy, it can stop them. And if properly trained, it can be used even to resist physical things like spears and so on.

That kind of Qi has nothing to do with the Triple Burner of the Tians. It also won't nourish your body and soul, merely make it hot. You need to "build" a new LDT if you want to store it, indeed, because it naturaly goes to the surface of your skin instead of remaining in the inside.

And so on. Qi is more complex than just "energy", and for crying out loud, PLEASE, PLEASE don't call Qi "prana" or other forms of "esoteric energy"! If you feel Qi and then feel Prana, you'll be able to see HOW DIFFERENT those two are!

Not all of esoterism talks about the same thing. Hermeticism has done a BIG disfavor to the world mixing things up and thinking that "it is all the same thing", "the same secret", "the ancient secret veiled under many cultures and names".... BULLSHIT!

Go, try and experiment. You'll see that different systems, different forms of energy and different energies are different things on themselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Desmonddf said:

And so on. Qi is more complex than just "energy", and for crying out loud

precisely

Also - although the meridians themselves aren’t physical, they flow along lines of physical fascia type tissues. These are the ‘river bed’ for the flow of water that is Qi. 

In fact in a practitioner who has developed their channels to a great degree there is a physical change that takes place along the meridian lines - the tissues there build and pressurise in a certain visible and palpatable way.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, freeform said:

precisely

Also - although the meridians themselves aren’t physical, they flow along lines of physical fascia type tissues. These are the ‘river bed’ for the flow of water that is Qi. 

In fact in a practitioner who has developed their channels to a great degree there is a physical change that takes place along the meridian lines - the tissues there build and pressurise in a certain visible and palpatable way.

Yes, in Xin Yi, the body needs to rewire, otherwise, the style and the methods are useless because they will have no power or harmony. You won't even have sensitivity for tuishou. 

For other styles, the body I have noticed rewires differently--if Xin Yi is a martial style, another friend's lineage is for healing and faqi, and both ways of dealing with qi are mutually exclusive--unless you rewire martially then go for healing, but then you can't fight as effectively anymore.

• Like 5

On 12/29/2019 at 3:18 PM, Desmonddf said:

And so on. Qi is more complex than just "energy", and for crying out loud, PLEASE, PLEASE don't call Qi "prana" or other forms of "esoteric energy"! If you feel Qi and then feel Prana, you'll be able to see HOW DIFFERENT those two are!

There are five types of prana :) Called the panca vayu.

of these the one that I would call Qi that flows through the extraordinary meridians is prana vayu. Others have  other functions, like running the mind, heart, excretion and so on. 

Edited by dwai
  • Like 2