Sign in to follow this  
Boundlesscostfairy

Theory by Bruce Lee

Recommended Posts

Why were non of the ideas argued again.

 

I just don't get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Starjumper said:

(quote edited slightly for clarity)

 

This is correct.

 

Bruce got his philosophical wisdoms from Mr. Yueng, which he was parroting, which is not wisdom.

 

Mr. Yueng told me several times: "Take the best from each system and leave the rest"

 

What's your opinion on that Starjumper? "Take the best from each system and leave the rest"

 

I wouldn't say Bruce Lee wasn't wise though. Just listening one can know.

 

Edit: Nvm i think you did state your opinion.

 

Would you agree with the testing aspects? It's not quite as obvious as it may seem right? It's a tricky process to figure out truths.

Edited by welkin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Earl Grey said:

 

Saddle up, Welkin!

 

Why does what you say invalidate my ideas?

 

All you're claiming is, "don't listen to that guy." Is that not all you're doing?

Edited by welkin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, moment said:

Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

People with narcissistic personality disorder may be generally unhappy and disappointed when they're not given the special favors or admiration they believe they deserve. They may find their relationships unfulfilling, and others may not enjoy being around them.

 

 

I agree with you.

 

Thanks for making me aware of this. I do struggle with it.

 

The beauty of life is that we're all human, and therefore should not be judged only by how we may appear sometimes based off emotions. As sometimes it gets in the way of the main message.

 

That being said, i don't believe i created that type of energy in this specific thread, which seems that you are accusing me of.

 

So thank you for that.

 

This was a good Moment of thought :)

 

Edited by welkin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, welkin said:

 

Why does what you say invalidate my ideas?

 

All you're claiming is, "don't listen to that guy." Is that not all you're doing?

 

You've got a choice: actually seek to learn and understand, or keep making things up as you go along. You will then see what you will be able to do or how far you can get with whichever decision you decide to commit yourself to then.

 

Until then, none of what you say has much merit to it both as an argument itself and as a demonstration of skill and understanding, especially when you are essentially declaring yourself to be proud of not having studied what you talk about (let alone read the TTC and understood it) and telling those who have studied and have their own understanding of it that they don't know anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

 

You've got a choice: actually seek to learn and understand, or keep making things up as you go along. You will then see what you will be able to do or how far you can get with whichever decision you decide to commit yourself to then.

 

Until then, none of what you say has much merit to it both as an argument itself and as a demonstration of skill and understanding, especially when you are essentially declaring yourself to be proud of not having studied what you talk about (let alone read the TTC and understood it) and telling those who have studied and have their own understanding of it that they don't know anything. 

 

I actually study a lot. Probably more than you currently at least. Which i don't take pride in. I'm just simply letting you know the truth.

 

Someone close to me told me, "why do you sell yourself short in telling them that you don't read if it's not true".

 

The truth is i do read. I just don't remember things in the same manner other people do to explain it as if i remember the text how it is written. Because that means you don't understand it. You simply memorized it.

 

I understand it and decipher it in a strange unconscious way, but then try to explain it in a more utilizable sense after deciphering. Because the meaning of the texts have way more meaning than just interpreting letters and words with the logical mind.

 

Which is what i first off, criticized you for. Yet you are turning the criticism on to me. I just don't know why. if it's not true.

 

But don't worry, i'm reading the Tao right now. And i agree with a lot  of it so far.

 

And yet, my ideas don't get argued.......

 

I guess a human didn't write the Tao huh. Therefore no one else could come up with similar ideas. And yet, to counter that there are similar ideas in practically every ancient teaching out there.

 

And as for your last statement. Can  anyone tell me when i said that "they don't know anything"?

 

You are literally putting words in my mouth...

 

Again,

 

What idea do you disagree with???

 

 

Also, just to clarify. I'm not categorizing everyone in the forum by anything. It's a specific group in here, you included that i don't know why but i get the feeling of a lot of deception. But i think it's really ego more than deception. it's deception as a result of ego.

 

Just saying....

 

 

 

Also not to be petty like you, and your little gangbanger crew.

 

And also not meaning to include Starjumper in this. But you will be disagreeing with him, in case he does agree with some of my ideas.

 

Which is okay too :). Just saying your gangmember crew seems to be the only ones policing and disagreeing.

Edited by welkin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, welkin said:

 

What's your opinion on that Starjumper? "Take the best from each system and leave the rest"

 

I wouldn't say Bruce Lee wasn't wise though. Just listening one can know.

 

Edit: Nvm i think you did state your opinion.

 

Would you agree with the testing aspects? It's not quite as obvious as it may seem right? It's a tricky process to figure out truths.

 

Bruce was very smart, and wise in a way, however wisdom usually comes with age and experience, which he didn't get to experience.  It  takes a pure heart to discern wisdom and he did have that.

 

I was just saying that those who repeat wisdom are not necessarily wise, although it does take some wisdom for people to appreciate the truth of what they hear.

 

Definitely agree on the testing aspects, it is the only way to discover what is useful or not, in addition, like you said, it requires much experience to know what is useful.  It takes an open mind to test one's methods, and a pure heart to accept the results of the tests.  Both seem quite rare around here.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, welkin said:

I actually study a lot.

 

"By the fruits ye shall be known" and what you have shown is that what you study is as important as how much you study, in addition to how well you understand.

 

19 minutes ago, welkin said:

Which i don't take pride in.

 

You sure seem to show it in a lot of your other posts such as over in this thread

 

19 minutes ago, welkin said:

I'm just simply letting you know the truth.

 

Your truth, not mine, or reality itself.

 

19 minutes ago, welkin said:

Someone close to me told me, "why do you sell yourself short in telling them that you don't read if it's not true".

 

The truth is i do read. I just don't remember things in the same manner other people do to explain it as if i remember the text how it is written. Because that means you don't understand it. You simply memorized it.

 

I understand it and decipher it in a strange unconscious way, but then try to explain it in a more utilizable sense after deciphering. Because the meaning of the texts have way more meaning than just interpreting letters and words with the logical mind.

 

Doesn't seem like you understand what you've read at all, given how much you go by the reduction to absurdity fallacy. 

 

You can read books and have your own interpretation, but your interpretation must have reasoning that does not betray the meaning of the text or what is being said, especially if you represent it as what is being said when it is not what is said. Look at the arguments for gun ownership and control in the United States now and how they both look at the language of the constitution but interpret the context their own way. Look at why we pay lawyers to read the law books and interpret for us...

 

19 minutes ago, welkin said:

Which is what i first off, criticized you for. Yet you are turning the criticism on to me. I just don't know why. if it's not true.

 

 

No, you invaded a lot of threads and spread misinformation while passing yourself off as an authority and rejecting others and their experience when we had enough to back it up, which we didn't need to because the more you posted, the more you revealed how little you actually understand.

 

19 minutes ago, welkin said:

But don't worry, i'm reading the Tao right now. And i agree with a lot  of it so far.

 

 

Good, now read some more and understand more with the other translations. Don't forget Zhuangzi and the canon from other teachers who learned from calligraphy, martial arts, poetry, and even in related philosophies of China such as Confucianism (but NOT Neo-Confucianism, it is utter garbage) or Liezi and others. 

 

19 minutes ago, welkin said:

And yet, my ideas don't get argued.......

 

 

The OP was about heart of Tao. Yours was not about Tao but conjecture.

 

19 minutes ago, welkin said:

I guess a human didn't write the Tao huh. Therefore no one else could come up with similar ideas. And yet, to counter that there are similar ideas in practically every ancient teaching out there.

 

And as for your last statement. Can  anyone tell me when i said that "they don't know anything"?

 

Look in your old posts in case you have amnesia. 

 

19 minutes ago, welkin said:

You are literally putting words in my mouth...

 

 

Hmm you seem to forget that you were the one who did that but a couple days ago...and it wasn't the only time. I've only responded to what you did say.

 

19 minutes ago, welkin said:

Again,

 

What idea do you disagree with???

 

That none of what you said is Tao but you're insisting that it is Tao, which it isn't because it's your own conjecture. 

 

19 minutes ago, welkin said:

Also, just to clarify. I'm not categorizing everyone in the forum by anything. It's a specific group in here, you included that i don't know why but i get the feeling of a lot of deception. But i think it's really ego more than deception. it's deception as a result of ego.

 

Just saying....

 

 

Say less and think more.

 

21 minutes ago, welkin said:

Also not to be petty like you, and your little gangbanger crew.

 

Ah, grouping together me and others who seem to agree that you are a pest, but otherwise are not part of the same nakama because we are separate individuals with shared interests and manage to provide both informed and educated opinions while staying on topic and flow whereas you like to jump in and demand attention.

 

22 minutes ago, welkin said:

And also not meaning to include Starjumper in this. But you will be disagreeing with him, in case he does agree with some of my ideas.

 

The man can speak for himself just like I can speak for myself, so let him speak for himself if he wants to take it up with me. 

 

23 minutes ago, welkin said:

Which is okay too :). Just saying your gangmember crew seems to be the only ones policing and disagreeing.

 

Normally, I'd say "Are you lonely? Are you looking for friends? Google is your friend." But apparently, you've been too friendly with Google with all the absurdities you like to use to fuel your non-sequitur statements. 

Edited by Earl Grey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

 

Bruce was very smart, and wise in a way, however wisdom usually comes with age and experience, which he didn't get to experience.  It  takes a pure heart to discern wisdom and he did have that.

 

I was just saying that those who repeat wisdom are not necessarily wise, although it does take some wisdom for people to appreciate the truth of what they hear.

 

Definitely agree on the testing aspects, it is the only way to discover what is useful or not, in addition, like you said, it requires much experience to know what is useful.  It takes an open mind to test one's methods, and a pure heart to accept the results of the tests.  Both seem quite rare around here.

 

I can definitely see what you're saying. makes a lot a lot of sense.

 

Is a pure heart something that can be developed or is it something only those born with will have?

 

This is a big question i've had my whole life.

 

I feel like the potential will always be different. But one can develop a certain purity that would be further conducive to ones practice. As receptiveness opens up, and knowledge from the source comes in.

 

Just to clarify, i'm well aware pure hearts do cause harm and do wrong things. So for all those sensitive people out there who critcize and want to judge what that pure heart means. It's not as simple as looking at the words.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

 

 

That none of what you said is Tao but you're insisting that it is Tao, which it isn't because it's your own conjecture. 

 

I'm sorry dude. I am going to say this in the kindest of ways.

 

You are a snake oil salessnake. I don't know how else to put it. I feel like you slither around with your ideas.

 

Why do you still not debate any ideas. you only criticize.

Edited by welkin
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, welkin said:

 

 

I'm sorry dude. I am going to say this in the kindest of ways.

 

You are a snake oil salessnake. I don't know how else to put it. I feel like you slither around with your ideas.

 

Why do you still not debate any ideas. you only criticize.

 

 

metal-gear-solid-3-snake-eater.jpg?w=736

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, welkin said:

 

I agree with you.

 

Thanks for making me aware of this. I do struggle with it.

 

The beauty of life is that we're all human, and therefore should not be judged only by how we may appear sometimes based off emotions. As sometimes it gets in the way of the main message.

 

That being said, i don't believe i created that type of energy in this specific thread, which seems that you are accusing me of.

 

So thank you for that.

 

This was a good Moment of thought :)

 

I have to be very careful here. 1.  What in my post would make you believe I was talking about you?  2.  Why would you think I was personally accusing you?  To be honest on point one; I did have you mostly in mind but, that is not the point of the point.:) On point two: It was not an accusation,  if you think about it for a second, I believe you will understand what I mean by that.

Having said all of that, your response was a surprise.  Kudos!  It was excellent.  Thank you

Edited by moment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think all Tai Chi people ( I more than most) sometimes forget we are Tai Chi players. Our lives in many ways are an extension of our Tai Chi and if it is no longer play--- we are doing something wrong!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, welkin said:

What's your opinion on that Starjumper? "Take the best from each system and leave the rest"

 

Since Mr. Yueng had in depth exposure to many dozens of kinds of kung fu, and since he was smart, he naturally used the best for fighting, and it was very important, because he was sometimes the 'champion' of the opera, so he had to fight in many deadly duels.  When the Red Boat Opera got to a new city to perform they were required to have a match with the champion of the city.  If the city won then the opera had to pay txes, if the boat won then they didn't have to pay.  This was in addition to the opera being a cover for a troupe of assassins.

 

So you see, the testing was real, and practicality and survival depended on being clear as to what was most effective.  This is the philosophy that Mr. Yueng taught Bruce.  The opposite of this is some egomaniac who learns one competition/sporting art at the strip mall dojo, and believes it when he's told it's the best.

 

This concept of testing and using what is best also applied to our chi kung, and Mr. Yueng worked his way up to wizard/immortal, so he should know.  I find that no one here is looking for such things, when some  'seeker' comes aboard and asks for what is powerful the 'regulars' refer him to someone who is 'popular', being clueless as to the fact that what is best in the internal arts is usually hidden from the public.

 

Of course, in kung fu you can prove what's 'best' by beating people up, but it gets more complicated when it comes to spiritual paths.

 

I've seen popular wisdom quotes from Bruce, and they are all things that I heard from Mr. Yueng, so it is clear that Bruce's job was being Mr. Yueng's mouthpiece, not only of Taoist philosophy, but of kung fu, later it would also have been of chi kung, but he didn't make it to that so it's my job now ... to keep it hidden ... in a way.

 

 

Edited by Starjumper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bruce was adding Daoist pinciples to martial arts and with that managed to save lots of time by not doing things that didn't work.

 

I don't think it's the be-all-end-all, but a good lesson to go back to when something you're doing isn't working out.

 

Aka, common sense.

 

That's a big part of Daoism. It's practical....

 

...hang on, isn't there a thread on that? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this