2 hours ago, Tryingtodobetter said:

I wasnt talking about him healing ghosts, I knew about that. I was referring to an excerpt I read where he speaks of having to constantly cleanse the areas he was occupying/residing in and himself of low level spirits, that he deemed to be nuisances. It's probably still available somewhere on popular search engines

Drosses as in, for example- the harmony that an accountant reaches on an extended vacation from work where their negative behaviors/thought-loops begin to loosen, only to begin returning once they are back in the office and reimmersed. Or the place inner/outer that a meditator reaches on a two week retreat on an island, versus the quality of that inner space once they've returned to their lifestyles. Sorry if I was too vague 

I dont know why you feel as though I'm attacking your credentials/experience or that of the spring forest qigong organization as a whole. As I stated previously, I dont think what I saw had to do with a fault in his practice 

So you're claiming that him coughing was clearing out low level spirits? Have you read the latest Spring Forest Qigong newsletter?

https://sfq.infusionsoft.com/app/attachment/1140371/432701fbb6bd0281686a90456d72826b?inf_contact_key=1d43140c227c7ad50f90b480cd793c66680f8914173f9191b1c0223e68310bb1

or just go to http://springforestqigong.com to sign up for the free guild membership to get the newsletter as an email.

Edited by voidisyinyang

29 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

So you're claiming that him coughing was clearing out low level spirits? Have you read the latest Spring Forest Qigong newsletter?

https://sfq.infusionsoft.com/app/attachment/1140371/432701fbb6bd0281686a90456d72826b?inf_contact_key=1d43140c227c7ad50f90b480cd793c66680f8914173f9191b1c0223e68310bb1

or just go to http://springforestqigong.com to sign up for the free guild membership to get the newsletter as an email.

No, that is not what I said or implied

Sorry if I offended you

Hope you enjoy the rest of your day 

5 hours ago, Tryingtodobetter said:

No, that is not what I said or implied

Sorry if I offended you

Hope you enjoy the rest of your day 

As a part of their training, all the Lineage holders of ’ Fire Dragon Shen Gong were brought
into the secret “Fire Dragon Cave” on Mt. Qingcheng. There, they did the “49 days Ritual Purification Fasting” under the personal guidance and instruction of their own Master. As a result, they reached the highest level possible. Following in these footsteps, Master Yuanming Zhang has been brought into the Fire Dragon Cave once every three years, since he was 3 years of age, by his Master. The cultivation during these times began at midnight on August 15, the full moon day.
What follows is a description by Master Yuanming Zhang of what one feels like when performing the 49-day fast in the cave. “During the first week, you will feel like you are near a volcano or having a Sauna. You will sweat a lot and with the sweats the whole body and mind will be cleansed and purified and all the ill “Qi” and “evil spirits” will be dispelled.
In the second week, you can feel as if the lower Dantien were a Volcano or steel-smelting furnace, with bright-red energy flowing to all parts of your body. Instead of sweating, the hot feeling in the abdomen rises upwards.
The third week brings the feeling that genuine Qi in the abdomen is turning into a fire dragon floating along the circulation track of the body’s energy channels. All the energy channels and meridians open up, the circulation of both microcosmic and macrocosmic orbits is running smoothly; It’s as if one’s entire body is floating in the space. The happiness and “lightness” of being in this “fairyland” cannot be expressed in words.
By the fourth week, the third eye will be opened and special abilities appear. You can actually see the fire dragon travelling along the body’s energy channels when you “look” inside the abdomen. When your master emits energy directly to your Heavenly Eye Acupoint, you will see a bright red and yellow colour spot gradually growing into a “FireOcean” in the darkness. Colourful scenery can be seen with mountains, rivers, pavilions, buildings, birds, animals and Immortal Images from ancient times. It’s exactly the feeling of being linked with Universal Spirit and Energy.
Over time, you can receive the highest level energy from“viewing” those scenes. This leads to improvement your health, develops intelligence and opens latent abilities. After the 49 days Cultivation, 80% of practitioners are able to see the “Qi light” in the sky with their naked eye. The “Qi light” looks like sperm and ovum. Master Yuanming named this “Qi Light,” “Dragon Sperm.” A few people can even see a giant dragon image in the sky.” Qi Magazine pdf
http://qigongmaster.com
So Chunyi said he went to visit this master but the master was doing the above 49 day meditation in the cave.

The system that you are looking to mix, is your ego, your self with your Self, your greater non-physical consciousness.

So what you're wanting to do, is become a fully realised being. You have to allow your mixing of your physical and your greater non-physical consciousness, in your here and now.

When those two mix, you feel good feeling positive emotions, as your indicator of the here and now alignment of these two.

Your physical is already an inseperable extension from your greater non-physical consciousness. So that is also why you feel the relativity between the two as your here and now emotion. To degree of allowed or not allowed mixing. Where more allowed mixing, gives you a greater positive emotional feedback.

So the blending of you and You. That is the mixing you are seeking. For this is the purification of your mind and ego and allowing everything to come back to full realisation evermore here and now, ongoingly, joyously. 

And this mixing or aligmment or purification or even replenishing, you don't actually need to do anything in order to allow this to happen. But often we have practiced energetic thought patterns, that we keep thinking in the here and now, that block our reception / receiving / blending of our full total realised self, physical and non-physical together as one.

So the only thing you need to do to allow this blending, is to simply do whatever you can to stop thinking those thoughts that you think that block it from happening all naturally and all by itself.

And that is called meditation. To simply focus on anything, consistently holding your attention and awareness on it. To let go of thought. And so your mind quiets, and you open up to your own greater non-physical consciousness, receiving it more fully and consciously, this all happens automatically, as long as you don't do anything that blocks it. Meaning you don't think thoughts and expand on thoughts that contradict and block your full conscious realisation and reception of your own greater non-physical consciousness, and it's infinite intelligence and eternal wisdom, being and becoming evermore here and now for you, as you, with you, through you.

So this blended state of being, physical and non-physical, is actually your natural state of being. And it is indicated by your good feeling positive emotions such as joy and love and freedom, passion, bliss, extacy, and all those positive emotions you call good feeling positive emotions, that indicate your here and now blending and thus your allowed natural state of being a total fully realised being. Physical and non-physical hand in hand together as one.

And since it is your natural state of being, you have to trust that this is so, and just meditate to help you allow yourself to realise for yourself consciously all that you truely are being and becoming evermore here and now. By no longer blocking it, by simply focusing awareness and attention, placing it consistently on an object of focus/attention or awareness, of any of your free choosing, that doesn't encourage thought.

So for example, can be like a candle flame (or whatever you wanna use as your object of attention, even internally), you place your awareness on your visual experience of your perceiving of the candle flame as your eyes are held there consistently and thus your awareness of your here and now experience of it, consistently. And as you do this, your entire experience is this visual experience here and now of the candle flame here and now. Completely immersed in the visual experience, your awareness held there consistently. And if you start thinking thoughts, simply replace your awareness back on the visual experience of candle flame (or whatever your internal/external object of focus) of your here and now visual perceiving of the candle flame. And as your mind is fully focused here and the awareness is held here, you are no longer thinking thought.

So as you release all thought, you also release all contradictory thought which block your clear reception and full receiving and full blown realisation of your own greater non-physical consciousness and all of its greater knowing, and thus, it is simply allowed to be realised by you much more effortlessly and joyously. Because again, receiving pure thought from your greater non-physical consciousness, in full alignment and harmony with the source of all creation, that simply feels like bliss or joy or love or freedom or extacy, or whatever you wanna call those positive good feeling emotions indicating your here and now full allowed and realised alignment of your physical and your greater non-physical consciousness, fully co-blending, co-armonizing, co-creating, co-realising, converging, co-fusing. That feels like joy. That feels very good. That's also how you know, you've entered the receiving mode, the replenishing mode, the allowing You to flow through you mode. That allowance of your full blown conscious allowed realisation mode. The inspired mode. The succesful mode. The satisfaction mode. The enlightening mode. Whatever you wanna call it. It's your natural state of being, a fully realised total being, here and now, being and becoming evermore here and now. Ongoingly, joyously, effortlessly naturally, etc.

• Like 2

On 9/14/2019 at 8:57 PM, Tryingtodobetter said:

Is it possible to combine different methods of energetic cultivation into a workable form?

As of late I've been looking into kriya yoga and qigong in general.

I am interested in the mind purifying facets of kriya yoga and the energetic control of qigong.

Can one practice both daily without any detrimental effect?

You could do them both, but not together as one practice. The energies are different so they need to be done separately.

• Thanks 1

On 9/14/2019 at 8:57 PM, Tryingtodobetter said:

I want to combine a mind purifying practice with qigong because recently I saw an interview with the founder of spring forest qigong and he did the cough at a point when asked a question. That cough people do when they are disturbed by what someone is saying on a deep level, whether it be triggering an old negative experience or them projecting negativity outward and it bouncing back to them, etc.

I did not expect to see this behavior in a master of qigong.

I do not wish to pursue qigong exclusively if such mental dross is still present at such a high level of attainment.

I can assure you that some yoga 'masters' have a huge amount of "mental dross" too. Both practices can be purifying, but the important thing is which one works best for YOU.

Edited by BluLotus
  • Thanks 1

To get anywhere you'll need to find a teacher that you like, that has virtue, skill and attainment and that has students who also have skill, virtue and attainment - then you must follow that teacher's guidance.

Mixing systems will not get you anywhere beyond some initial experiences. The reality is that that's actually what most people are looking for (whether they realise it or not), or at least that's the limit of their dedication to this stuff - so I think it's ok to try stuff out in those circumstances.

But if you want to pursue the internal arts to a more meaningful internal transformation, you'll need a teacher that's done that themselves, and are willing to help you do that too.

Like several of the previous posters, I have once been an ardent believer in well defined, traditional systems. As such, I made an effort to submit to the boundaries set by their masters - while my ever inquiring mind kept peeking over the edge.

I could not help seeing what the others were doing better. And I could not keep myself from integrating what I saw into my own practice, if it fit like a glove. I also learned that that was actually the way new systems had been created all along, and that few of them (including the most 'traditional' ones) had remained unchanged over a time period as short as the last one-hundred years or so.

So here is my advice to the OP: Notwithstanding the warnings of those jealous lineage holders that you will inevitably be going off on a tangent and get lost in space, be free to supplement your current practice with whatever YOU need to truly make it work for you. Although it is  true that as a beginner, generally you should "empty your cup" and be in more of a receptive mode - once you got the basics down, there is no valid reason not to look at the bigger picture and let it inspire you.

Systems are there for the people, it is not the other way around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2