Sign in to follow this  
Lois

"everything can be sold and everything can be bought."

One well-known Israeli figure stated on Russian television that the basic law of America is "everything can be sold and everything can be bought." It's true ?

I'm American, of Norwegian descent.

In my experience, humans own nothing but their presence and attention.

This cannot be purchased, cajoled, bought or sold, but it may be offered... shared, given.

It is the only thing of real value I have ever encountered.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, silent thunder said:

This cannot be purchased, cajoled, bought or sold, but it may be offered... shared, given.

This person further says that the United States bought Poland, Hungary, the Baltic states, Ukraine, and Georgia. How can you refute this?

19 hours ago, Lois said:

One well-known Israeli figure stated on Russian television that the basic law of America is "everything can be sold and everything can be bought." It's true ?

If that is true, then by the same reason ,   Australia's  government   seems to think it can buy and sell  everything   from/to  China.

China 'ownes' our most northerly port

In October 2015, the Chinese-owned Landbridge Group won the bid for a ..... 99-year lease for A$506 million.... Shandong Landbridge Group is a privately-held company with headquarters in the city of Rizhao, Shandong Province, China, which is owned by Ye Cheng, a billionaire with close ties to the Chinese government and the Communist Party of China .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Darwin

(  ' Landbridge '   :rolleyes:              They must be planning to make a lot more islands' . )

Revealed: The Australian airport owned by CHINA - and a secretive firm paid just $1 for a 100-YEAR lease on the land

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5213765/China-owns-Australian-airport-paying-1-lease.html

Now thats the most northerly port and a remote outback NW  airport .  

Just recently our  'American friends' where here asking about putting a missile base on our  north coast .    Now, I wonder what they would be aimed at  ?      'We' declined.

Cause we dont need a base to launch them ..... we  dont even need a missile , we  could just wheel the warheads  over from the docks on a trolley  into Chinese  territory  at Port Darwin and set them off manually

B)

Edited by Nungali

4 hours ago, Lois said:

This person further says that the United States bought Poland, Hungary, the Baltic states, Ukraine, and Georgia. How can you refute this?

I don't.

United States, Poland, Hungary, Baltic states, Ukraine, Georgia are words, ideas, not things.

9 hours ago, Lois said:

Yes, I'd refute it.  the U.S doesn't own them or have a huge influence on there government. 

I don't take what I see on TV, particularly Russian TV as being particularly accurate. 

• Like 3

Well,  apparently Russian TV  only has two channels ;

Ch  1   is the approved government channel that everyone is supposed to watch .

Ch 2  is a KGB officer sitting at a desk  saying  " Turn back to channel 1 !  "

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

On 22.08.2019 at 1:16 PM, silent thunder said:

I don't.

United States, Poland, Hungary, Baltic states, Ukraine, Georgia are words, ideas, not things.

Why are words so expensive?

• Haha 1

Random thoughts.

Words are expensive.. especially vowels.

loose lips, sink ships

but are good for kissing.

Everything has its price

Except Greenland,

it can't be bought or sold. 

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, silent thunder said:

psst.

hey mister...

can you spare an opinon?

About what?

32 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

na, not questions mate...

opinion man... opinion

can ya spare one?

Speak directly. Why these rhetorical questions?

23 hours ago, silent thunder said:

psst.

hey mister...

can you spare an opinon?

Lousy bum !  Get a job ! 

..... and form your own opinion ! 

• Haha 1

Just a random thought on that one, 

basically you cannot buy anything, the only thing you buy is the justification in your mind and from your peers that it is ok what you do.

Even the Land you own is practically not yours, since only the government says its yours, in case of a revolt etc. they could very well change their stance and it would not be "yours" anymore.

Besides there is one simple thruth, and that is, that land cannot be owned by anyone, as it was there before you came and still will be there when you are already dead.

The same goes for matter and  most of anything else.

Or how did one Philosoph say it: "The rules are made for the ones that are to little/poor to break them without consequences."

So basically money can buy you everything, but without the backing to actually achieve it, it would be for naught

Edited by Phantalor

On 22.8.2019 at 3:17 AM, Lois said:

Well going by this, that is not entirely right but also not entirely wrong. This is the mentality of some big shot Americans. And in this point it is true, because who would be insane enough to deny American Government or big shots plans? ... They have Weapons, and people that believe in them, its like religious fanatics, you deny them and they come to you to get what they want. So the most reasonable solution is, give it to them, and get something in return, insteat of getting them to fetch it with force.

Meaning: As long as you have the means to force something that statement is true

Edited by Phantalor
  • Like 1

On 8/21/2019 at 9:24 PM, silent thunder said:

I’ll respectfully suggest that attention is bought, sold, and cajoled daily in America. It is the lifeblood of advertisement and social media, two things that occupy an enormous portion of American attention. As for presence, there is little of that among most Americans, it is occupied with the three poisons most of the time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 25.09.2019 at 5:20 PM, steve said:

I’ll respectfully suggest that attention is bought, sold, and cajoled daily in America. It is the lifeblood of advertisement and social media, two things that occupy an enormous portion of American attention. As for presence, there is little of that among most Americans, it is occupied with the three poisons most of the time.

What are the three poisons?

56 minutes ago, Lois said:

What are the three poisons?

Anger, attachment, and ignorance (not knowing one’s true self)

• Like 2

On 8/21/2019 at 6:17 PM, Lois said:

More true than I would like it to be.   But, there are very good people that believe in honor and service.  We should surround ourselves with those type of people.  We may not be as rich but, honor has its' benefits..

Edited by moment

On 9/24/2019 at 3:23 AM, Phantalor said:

Well going by this, that is not entirely right but also not entirely wrong. This is the mentality of some big shot Americans. And in this point it is true, because who would be insane enough to deny American Government or big shots plans? ... They have Weapons, and people that believe in them, its like religious fanatics, you deny them and they come to you to get what they want. So the most reasonable solution is, give it to them, and get something in return, insteat of getting them to fetch it with force.

Meaning: As long as you have the means to force something that statement is true

We need to modify those type of "bigshots" here in the USA.  It will be an uphill battle!  I have hope.

Edited by moment

Sign in to follow this