Mskied

An end to the intellect?

6 hours ago, Integrated said:

Pretty fascinating stuff, I might need to check out Crowley now.

But yeah I've explored it plenty, but from a Jungian frame among others, not in light of Crowley.

It is like going on a vacation to a more liberal country.

Suddenly there is a lot of stuff that is normal and allowed, that previously was forbidden.

That can be both liberating and scary,

^ 

Do what thou Wilt     ;)  

- Let's see what happens if FIRST we introduce this concept to someone BEFORE they get into what Crowley was on about  with his idea of the 'True Will ' 

that is, of course, if our Integrated  new friend doesnt mind us experimenting on him  ?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFQqPlEiaWbLvRUwUbnc5

BEFORE you read about Crowley's concept of the True Will, consider that he may have picked it up from Zoroastrianism  (via the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn and their interest in 'Chaldean magic' ) concept of ' Khvarenah  '  ;

http://www.heritageinstitute.com/zoroastrianism/overview/index.htm#khvarenah

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nungali said:

I promised my self I will not do a commercial  flight again . 

But thanks

A cheese and roast beef sandwich from a farmers market ?   :huh:

Hey!     Thats NOT Kosher  !   ( I'll tell your mother  ! )

My stepdad is the Jew in the family and he’s not a kosher eater, ha!

As for no commercial flights, you can go by boat or if you really want, you can swim. ;) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nungali said:

^ 

Do what thou Wilt     ;)  

- Let's see what happens if FIRST we introduce this concept to someone BEFORE they get into what Crowley was on about  with his idea of the 'True Will ' 

that is, of course, if our Integrated  new friend doesnt mind us experimenting on him  ?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFQqPlEiaWbLvRUwUbnc5

BEFORE you read about Crowley's concept of the True Will, consider that he may have picked it up from Zoroastrianism  (via the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn and their interest in 'Chaldean magic' ) concept of ' Khvarenah  '  ;

http://www.heritageinstitute.com/zoroastrianism/overview/index.htm#khvarenah

Just read that.

It matches pretty well what I had already conceived as will when it was mentioned at first.

Jung talks about these things (zoroastianism) and refers to them, but I've never really followed up on them.

But the ideas that Jung talks about, seem to be pretty similar from a psychological perspective.

Which is why I can be quite hard-headed at times, as I know my "lifepath" so to speak.

So I don't care for people trying to be relativistic about my stances.

It is the path I travel for good or bad, people in my life think I'm mad,

abandoning all semblances of traditional safety, yet always landing on my feet in a way that I can accept.

The only reason I'm entertaining Crowley is to be able to check if he has something to offer my take on Kabbalah.

If I get that information elsewhere I could care less, I sort of always had the feeling that Crowley was disconnected.

That he represented something problematic, if it is true or not I cannot say right now, but that is just my feeling.

Edited by Integrated
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

My stepdad is the Jew in the family and he’s not a kosher eater, ha!

Hmmm ... I was  slightly off ....   my  magical vision ( aka 'snooping powers'  )  must  need some fine tuning .    :)

19 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

As for no commercial flights, you can go by boat or if you really want, you can swim. ;) 

I seriously thought about the first ; next winter I am considering taking passage on a cargo supply boat  that supplies islands up the east coast   of Cape York  and through Torres Straight islands .

Then get another boat over with a stop off at  Raja Ampat  ;

" The Raja Ampat archipelago, part of the Coral Triangle, located at the northwest corner of Indonesia’s West Papua province, encompassing 40,000 km² of land and sea and including a series of more than 1,500 islands which surround the main islands of Misool, Salawati, Batanta and Waigeo.

Located at the intersection of the Indian Ocean and the Pacific Ocean, Raja Ampat has been described as a ‘species factory’.

Powerful deep-sea currents funnel nutrients into Raja Ampat’s delicate fringing coral reefs, blue water drop-offs, mangrove flats, and seagrass beds to form the foundation of the food chain which feeds a spectacular diversity of marine life."

http://wwf.panda.org/knowledge_hub/where_we_work/coraltriangle/coraltrianglefacts/places/rajaampatindonesia/

liveaboard-raja-ampat-fam-islands-xxl.jp

Raja-Ampat-Liveaboard_005-720x405.jpg

raja-ampat-diving.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/2/2019 at 5:26 PM, Mskied said:

Hi Im wondering if there is anyone familiar with a system that is meant to be advanced where the adept no longer thinks.  Ive been initiated into the Kabbalah and Ive experienced advanced Kundalini and fought the serpent to attain wisdom, but the serpent fights back, and now I am forced not to move my mind lest it keep devouring.  I was given over to Thelema, and I know that Therion wanted an end to reason, and I wonder if there are some other systems I could explore that does not want the adept to access their mind.  Ive fortunately finished my studies and no longer seek knowledge, but Im also kept from an interest in writing or broadening my information base, and have to practice a mental stillness, which is quite boring and not at all the promised land of liberty and creativity.  Thanks in advance 

I understand why you are asking this question, but it's a little bit misguided. The purpose of cultivation in most higher level systems isn't to stop thinking, but it's to awaken the mind-body to the wisdom of the soul. Eventually the mind/ego comes into alignment with the soul body and begins to carry out its wishes. The mind/ego then becomes of service. You can never really stop the mind, you can only channel it into better uses.

A lot of modern twists on traditional systems demonize the mind and this is a big mistake. The mind-body is the vessel through which the divine projects its infinite energy into a finite, experienceable form. The the divine, which is non-dual and not experiencing anything, gets to experience its own illumination through the projection of that mind-body. It's a gift, really.

The problem is when the mind is given superiority and preference over everything else, such that faith in the mind becomes priority. This is when societies get ill and start to blame the mind for everything. The problem isn't the existence of mind, it's the misattribution of the mind's purpose and function.

Edited by Orion
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well said !

In a simple hierarchy of the self , using the elemental model  we can utilise  fire, water, air, earth      as      4 'bodies' .

Fire is the spirit and individuation. Wand

Water is the emotions, intuitions, dreams, unconscious. Cup

Air is 'mind'  , the consciousness, the rational faculties, reason and logic, the intellect , etc. Dagger

Earth is the physical body and its systems , the output, the material plane . Disk

We get inspiration  from spirit , we see how that ' feels' , we might even 'sleep on it'    ,  then we evaluate if it makes sense and how it can be achieved , then we put it into practice, or make it .  Without a  vision or inspiration  things dont move forward, if we dont feel for it or 'have our heart in it'  it usually burns out, if we dont run it through the balanced intellect we could end up doing crazy or harmful shit and if we dont put it into practice all the above was just a pipe dream.

Mind is really third in the hierarchy , but many people do not understand their spirit, misunderstand  or cannot regulate or balance  their emotions so mind rises to fill the void , which usually isnt trained , its running amok .

" Therefore, as hath already been said, Establish thyself firmly in the equilibrium of forces, in the centre of the Cross of the Elements."

RWS_Tarot_01_Magician.jpg

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2