Stosh

Trump talk

12 minutes ago, C T said:

Lindsay Graham then: 

"He's a race-baiting, xenophobic, religious bigot," Graham said. "He doesn't represent my party. He doesn't represent the values that the men and women who wear the uniform are fighting for. ... He's the ISIL man of the year."

Lindsay Graham, the sworn defender of conservative values, in real time after he got the lollies promised.... 

“I am like the happiest dude in America right now,” a beaming Graham said on Fox & Friends. “We have got a president and a national security team that I’ve been dreaming of for eight years. I am all in. Keep it up, Donald,” Graham added. “I'm sure you're watching." 

I despised Trump while he was running. Ted Cruz was my candidate of choice. At the time I thought Trump was a bumbling fool and was terrified at the prospect of him winning the nomination. When Cruz dropped out and Trump became the nominee, I was aghast. I even considered voting for Hillary.

Then sanity returned and I realized I had two choices: vote Hillary (whom I knew would be bad for the country) or vote Trump (whom I hoped might not be bad for the country). On election day I crossed my fingers and voted Trump.

When he won and was subsequently sworn in I watched with great trepidation. If he acted as president the way he acted as candidate then I would be quick to take action. To my great pleasure he began keeping his promises and actually started governing quite well. He still speaks off the cuff and says cringeworthly things, but by and large he is showing great leadership and is worthy of high praise.

As you can see, I completely understand the change in Lindsey Graham.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, C T said:

Just one among many... 

Lindsay Graham then: 

"He's a race-baiting, xenophobic, religious bigot," Graham said. "He doesn't represent my party. He doesn't represent the values that the men and women who wear the uniform are fighting for. ... He's the ISIL man of the year."

(DEC 2015)

3 minutes ago, C T said:

Lindsay Graham, the sworn defender of conservative values, in real time after he got the lollies promised.... 

“I am like the happiest dude in America right now,” a beaming Graham said on Fox & Friends. “We have got a president and a national security team that I’ve been dreaming of for eight years. I am all in. Keep it up, Donald,” Graham added. “I'm sure you're watching." 

Open to individual interpretation, but people are not deaf or blind. 

(APRIL 2017)

How well did LG actually know Trump in 2015 vs 2017, and based on what?   One would have to ask LG... but it seems his tune changed after seeing policy level issues.

Many people changed their tune about Trump.  I might not look to politicians, Hollywood and media as a neutral source though.

3 minutes ago, C T said:

The former president of Trump Plaza Hotel, Jack O Donnell, confirmed Trump's unabashed liking for racist & discriminatory slurs, stating, "“Donald Trump makes racist comments all the time. Once you know him, he speaks his mind about race very openly."

That's how one man characterizes another person.  It's not so much right vs wrong but simply his interpretation of a very openly minded speaking person... which may be speaking he is not accustomed to... not sure.    

I was thinking today about why some use the characterizations they do about what another is doing... and it seemed to me it is possible that it is not the speaker who is actually doing it but the listener deciding that the speaker is doing it.  

Like, why does CNN now suddenly want to say Trump is racist because he is saying this to folks 'of color'... when did 'of color' suddenly because the new word of the day?   Because AOC used it against Pelosi... and now the media, instead of jumping on AOC for using the 'race card' (as a few did do), they realize they can use the phrase against anyone White saying anything negative to someone 'of color'.    This type of stuff happens x 1,000,000...  and it is just games being played.

Here was one that seems rather crazy for the blow-up the media and left screamed about:

Ali Alexander tweeted that "Kamala Harris is *not* an American Black. She is half Indian and half Jamaican. I'm so sick of people robbing American Blacks (like myself) of our history. It's disgusting."

So a person of color called out Kamala Harris's ethnicity roots as potentially insincere representation of what she seems to want to say she is (?).

Don Jr retweeted it and said, "Is this true? wow" ... but by the nights end, he pulled the tweet due to the backlash. 

Bernie Sander's saying, "Donald Trump Jr. is a racist too".  

And the 2020 candidates followed suit with the outlandish yelling and screaming about it all.

So now, anyone who says anything against a person 'of color', even if just a question,  is a racist... that is where the left has taken such things...   Wildly irrational in my mind.  

I will add.. that the one person I like on the left did not say anything (from what I can find) about Don Jr...  but she did slam Kamal Harris for falsely accusing Biden of being a racist.    That seemed much more rational overall. 

The problem with the candidates that I see is that they think the more irrational you yell and scream and make a hisy fit, the more likely folks will remember you and hopefully vote for you.  The rational ones are going to get trampled on.  

18 minutes ago, dawei said:

The problem with the candidates that I see is that they think the more irrational you yell and scream and make a hisy fit, the more likely folks will remember you and hopefully vote for you.  The rational ones are going to get trampled on. 

2 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

Trump, via his tweets, is bringing this information to the foreground of the American people and is forcing their rhetoric front and center of the conversation happening now during the Democratic party selection process. He is forcing the Democrats to acknowledge the skeletons in their closet, namely that they are lurching far left towards full blown communism.

Like I said, it's a genius move.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, C T said:

Just because I keep to the topic it will appear as if im not neutral, but i assure you, there is no love for anyone who displays the kind of flaws that Trump does, regardless. 

You keep claiming neutrality and then disprove it. 

Your assertion of flaws is again , your subjective spin, again , it's an insult. 

In This post, you again dodge what the racist gangsterish stuff IS.

You can hang tough but that is not where you diverge from neutrality, you diverge as you pass judgement and claim objectivity. 

They called Pelosi a racist, they called Biden a racist, they called Homan a racist, they claim ICE is racist. 

Trump is called Hitler etc. 

It's ridiculous. 

Do you even know what the Nazis did? It would appear you dont. 

Obama deported more people, and built the detention facilities. Castro and Schumer voted for border controls. Omar and AOC voted AGAINST , funding for toothbrushes and beds.

They,, like you,, are throwing around this slander as a panacea for their own faults. 

A third , a third,  a third of the kids being brought across the border are being TRAFFICKED and are not even related to the people who are exposing them to criminals, rapists, bringing them across the deadly desert, across the churning Rio Grande! The guys dragging them out of the river, are our border guys,,only half of whom are Hispanic themselves!

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Consider this, the Dems think that Blacks and Hispanics are the people in prison, and say it's racist to keep them there. 

When they let them go,, where exactly do they think all these criminals are going to go? Answer, BAck to the communities from whence they came. So Crime will skyrocket in those communities foremost.

Who are all these low skilled illegal workers going to compete with for employment?

Rich white women? 

20 minutes ago, Stosh said:

You keep claiming neutrality and then disprove it. 

Your assertion of flaws is again , your subjective spin, again , it's an insult. 

In This post, you again dodge what the racist gangsterish stuff IS.

You can hang tough but that is not where you diverge from neutrality, you diverge as you pass judgement and claim objectivity. 

They called Pelosi a racist, they called Biden a racist, they called Homan a racist, they claim ICE is racist. 

Trump is called Hitler etc. 

It's ridiculous. 

Do you even know what the Nazis did? It would appear you dont. 

Obama deported more people, and built the detention facilities. Castro and Schumer voted for border controls. Omar and AOC voted AGAINST , funding for toothbrushes and beds.

They,, like you,, are throwing around this slander as a panacea for their own faults. 

A third , a third,  a third of the kids being brought across the border are being TRAFFICKED and are not even related to the people who are exposing them to criminals, rapists, bringing them across the deadly desert, across the churning Rio Grande! The guys dragging them out of the river, are our border guys,,only half of whom are Hispanic themselves!

I am a neutral observer as I have nothing to gain or lose whether Trump remains or gets booted out, other than a bit of satisfaction should it be the latter. 

You have your reasons for believing otherwise, and I have mine for putting forward that position, but you don't have to buy it. 

As stated, Im not really interested in the oneupmanship and other political games being played by both sides, other than to study this interesting character that is now the subject of this thread. And if you can't tell the difference between judgement and opinion, thats something you need to work on, rather than reacting to criticisms directed not at Trump as an individual, but his capacity, or lack of, from the eyes of those who do not have any vested interest in the affairs of the US. It is like watching House of Cards all over again lol, only this appears more real. 

Edited by C T

1 minute ago, C T said:

I am a neutral observer as I have nothing to gain or lose whether Trump remains or gets booted out, other than a bit of satisfaction should it be the latter. 

You have your reasons for believing otherwise, and I have mine for putting forward that position, but you don't have to buy it. 

As stated, Im not really interested in the oneupmanship and other political games being played by both sides, other than to study this interesting character that is now the subject of this thread. And if you can't tell the difference between judgement and opinion, thats something you need to work on, rather than reacting to criticisms directed not at Trump as an individual, but his capacity, or lack of, from the eyes of those who do not have any vested interest in the affairs of the US. It is like watching House of Cards all over again lol, only this appears more real. 

Your potential gain or loss means absolutely nothing in determining whether you are expressing biased sentiments.

Yep, yet Another dodge of explaining your slander.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dawei said:

So now, anyone who says anything against a person 'of color', even if just a question,  is a racist... that is where the left has taken such things...   Wildly irrational in my mind.  

This isn't anything new. They learned it from the Jews. Say anything bad about a jewish person and it's a 100% attack on them being jewish. 

"Persons of Color" have just recently figured out this neat trick that makes weak whites recoil in fear. 

Edited by Dynasty
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, C T said:

slander? projecting much, Stosh? lol

Once again you dodge! 

You do not equate to me. 

You have no dog in the fight. You do not understand that racism was truly being squelched in this country it's being rekindled. 

And you are making phony argument , that your bias is somehow neutral. 

So no it's not "projecting". 

27 minutes ago, Stosh said:

Who are most like Nazi brownshirts, ICE officers ,or masked antifa thugs?

Depends on one's point of reference. To those with the "America Last" viewpoint and Open Borders crowd, it's ICE. 

The America last crowd is nothing but a very large group of ultra liberal losers that just want to watch it all burn down. They stand for nothing, except the signaling of virtue. Yet they have none themselves. 

2 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

Depends on one's point of reference. To those with the "America Last" viewpoint and Open Borders crowd, it's ICE. 

The America last crowd is nothing but a very large group of ultra liberal losers that just want to watch it all burn down. They stand for nothing, except the signaling of virtue. Yet they have none themselves. 

Trueish, There is match of shirt color. 😉

37 minutes ago, Stosh said:

Who are all these low skilled illegal workers going to compete with for employment?

Rich white women? 

One just came to my door shortly after I got home from work selling magazines...  The last time that happened was when I lived in Seattle and it was an ex-con trying to get back on his feet. 

4 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

One just came to my door shortly after I got home from work selling magazines...  The last time that happened was when I lived in Seattle and it was an ex-con trying to get back on his feet. 

Makes sense. 

Wages and jobs for low income blacks and legal immigrants is rising. And rising faster than for low income whites, the wage gap is closing due to Trump's efforts. The job market that causes that improvement ,is going to be undermined if millions of Meso-americans pour into the country to bolster Democrat voter roles. 

This same was true when the Irish poured in. They represented a direct threat to the wellfare of people already here. 

If anyone should have animosity for the illegals , it will be true for American blacks. The question is if they recognize that the party they habitually vote for ,overall, is screwing them over all over again, because entitlements and favoritism undermine in a sneaky way.

There once was an island in the Indian Ocean, inhabited by ferocious and independent cannibals. 

Every attempt by foreigners to even set foot on the island ,was rebuffed under threat of being eaten. 

The foreigners repeatedly left gifts on the beach and made overtures of barter. 

Finally one day the gifts were accepted ,and they were allowed to land. 

Within a single lifetime , the Islanders were sitting around with their thumbs up their ass in govt supported huts ,wondering what happened, petitioning others to defend them ,and were relegated to watching the tourists drive by.

4 minutes ago, Stosh said:

The question is if they recognize that the party they habitually vote for ,overall, is screwing them over all over again, because entitlements and favoritism undermine in a sneaky way.

No. I don't think this will be the case among the African American population at large. Black America is, for the most part, accustomed to getting the shaft. And a bird in the hand today is worth ten times two in the bush at some un-determined point in the future that may never come.  

They'll vote for known entitlements today. 

Regarding the flood of Irish and Italians turn of the century. I always figured it was the Vatican orchestrating that to get a solid Catholic foothold into the country.  Seems our politicians have probably always been for sale to the highest bidder. 

• Thanks 1

Not sure where this is going, but since it's apparently story-time.

"You get more of what you pay for." - that's a basic truth.

If you pay for homelessness then you get more homelessness.

If you pay for welfare then you get more welfare.

If you pay for crime then you get more crime.

If you pay for illegal aliens then you get more illegal aliens.

Alternately,

If you pay for entrepreneurship then you get more entrepreneurship.

If you pay for innovation then you get more innovation.

If you pay for industry then you get more industry.

If you pay for liberty then you get more liberty.

So, basic question: What are we paying for?

Edited by Lost in Translation
removed redundant words
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I am told it's a true story, and is analogous to the strategy of the 'party of the Klan'.

The idea is to remain in power by doing that which is popular, but maintains the inequitable social structure. 

They have to inflame race and gender issues to keep their voter base. 

That's why I fully expect major voter fraud by illegals, fostered by the Dems ,combined with payback ,for opening the border completely. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Stosh said:

I am told it's a true story, and is analogous to the strategy of the 'party of the Klan'.

The idea is to remain in power by doing that which is popular, but maintains the inequitable social structure. 

They have to inflame race and gender issues to keep their voter base. 

That's why I fully expect major voter fraud by illegals, fostered by the Dems ,combined with payback ,for opening the border completely. 

Good point.

If I say that the Big-Pharma doesn't want to produce cures, but instead wants to produce symptom-relief then people naturally say "yes, that makes sense," but if I say that Big-Gov'ment doesn't want to produce solutions, but instead wants to produce a grievance culture around victimhood then I am called a hater.

Go figure...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

Good point.

If I say that the Big-Pharma doesn't want to produce cures, but instead wants to produce symptom-relief then people naturally say "yes, that makes sense," but if I say that Big-Gov'ment doesn't want to produce solutions, but instead wants to produce a grievance culture around victimhood then I am called a hater.

Go figure...

Exactly! 

For a while I was wondering why the heck they would be proposing such insane and destructive policy , Get rid of ,planes, cows, fuel ,hotdogs ,skyscrapers. Undermine,

police, prisons ,border control ,Medicare ,citizenship, babies, flags , profit motive and merit.

They need to foster a sense of victimhood. 

2 hours ago, Stosh said:

Once again you dodge! 

You do not equate to me. 

You have no dog in the fight. You do not understand that racism was truly being squelched in this country it's being rekindled. 

And you are making phony argument , that your bias is somehow neutral. 

So no it's not "projecting". 

How is expressing my view about some president, who, in my opinion, displays habitually the hallmarks of someone unfit for office considered a phony argument?  Granted, he may have his appeal to a percentage of the population who have been waiting impatiently for this current upheaval, and hoping that finally all thats wrong for decades will finally be put right, but its clear, as an observer that have no dog in the fight, that such optimism may be short-lived, and if you believe otherwise, more power to you, and to others who want to maintain that same level of dogged determination to take the side of a leader who will go down in history as the most divisive and partisan the US has ever, and probably will ever see. 

As far as I know, a leader who commands the respect of only half a platoon is an abject failure, or is that too naive a statement? No leader worth his salt wilfully seeks to divide a country the way this current one is doing - and its obvious that should any major crisis of  destabilisation were to occur within the next couple of years, its not hard to imagine where the blame will be directed, judging from how things are unfolding, not only there in America, but all over the world. This president is weakening the very foundation that made America great in the eyes of the world, and is being applauded for it. This in itself speaks volumes as to how the future of your country is going to unfold, sadly. 

Its easy to blame the dems, and whoever else for the mess and make them out to be the bad guys, but in effect, if Trump is truly dedicated to what he says he wants to do for your country, and if he's running a tight ship, he sure has a funny way of going about it. 

Edited by C T