Aetherous

Perspective shifting

Recommended Posts

Do you remember how bad it was for you on Wednesday, July 16th, 2008? What if I told you that I remember how you were going through a really rough time on that day, and you weren't sure if you could handle it.

Don't remember? Whatever was happening then is apparently nothing to you now.

At some point in time, all of today's troubles will be the same. Such a distant memory that they are hardly there.

Now try to imagine being 20 years in the future. What will be different at that time for you?

Then, from that perspective, look back on today. In 2039, ask yourself if you're bothered by what happened back in 2019. Can you even remember anything about June 3rd, 2019?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I can't believe they just cut me off in traffic, and are now driving so slow. What an asshole!"  :angry:

Okay, now watch this whole video...

 

 

With all of those stars (suns), honestly, how many planets are in existence? It's countless, as far as any eye can see, and even endlessly beyond that for all we know. Think about that - reality extending without end. How can we even imagine something that doesn't end?

What if the idea behind Stargate is real, and you could travel between certain planets, many light years away. What types of beings exist in these other inhabitable places? Are they similar to us, but merely with different cultures and languages? How far out have they explored? Do other beings know of how to travel to meet others?

 

What if we can figure out how to make connections in the near future with other inhabitable places, and explorers make some expeditions and show us video of these new planets?

Do I still feel like the person driving in front of me is an asshole?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, this planet is not so bad, now is it? 

 

There are planets out there, which have huge and sharp ice crystals blowing in 2000 mph winds. 

 

But the driver in front of you, is a very good driver. Remember that. He is in front of you. You are behind him. You have to love him. Because he deserves it. Otherwise you would not be driving behind him. Let him lead by example. And you just stay behind and stay loyal! Follow the slipstream! It will bring you places! New places! You have never EVER BEEN BEFORE EVER IN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE ALL OF YOUR LIFE! HE'LL LITERALLY SHOW YOU A NEW SET OF EYES ON THE ENTIRE PLANET! IF YOU BUT JUST KEEP FOLLOWING HIM! 

 

LOOK HE IS COME TO A HALT. OH BOY! THIS IS IT! THIS IS IT GUYS! HE'S REALLY GONNA DO IT! HE'S COMING OUT OF HIS CAR! HE'S COMING TO ME! OH MY GOD, I'M SO EXCITED! IM STEPPING OUT TOO NOW! 

 

HE... 

 

*gets punched in the eye*

 

...

 

1 minute later

 

"A whole new world... 

A whole new world
A new fantastic point of view
No one to tell us no
Or where to go
Or say we're only dreaming
A whole new world
A dazzling place I never knew
But when I'm way up here
It's crystal clear
That now I'm in a whole new world with you
Now I'm in a whole new world with you
Unbelievable sights
Indescribable feeling
Soaring, tumbling, freewheeling
Through an endless diamond sky
A whole new world (Don't you dare close your eyes)
A hundred thousand things to see (Hold your breath, it gets better)
I'm like a shooting star
I've come so far
I can't…"
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

YOU ARE A 3000 BOMBS PER SECOND ON WHEELS. 

 

And he is too. What a miracle that you didn't ram eachother untill one or the other is absolutely crushed. He must be really kind.

 

Also, nothing personal. He probably, didn't even see you. He was focused on something else, obviously. Fixated even on something else. 

Edited by Everything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perspective shifting is an important subject that doesn't get much air time on Dao Bums, but they really have a major impact on us energetically.

 

For example, if you have no faith or spiritual understanding in your life, then your perspectives will become your Gods. Think about that. Everything you do will be within the confines of these perspectives. Energetically, you will carry them like an article of clothing.

 

What you wrote about is more like shifting perspectives through intellectual reasoning, but you can shift them energetically too. My Master teaches "perspective shifting" like this.... the image is his, but the words are mine. 

 

Imagine a beautiful flower in a meadow, the flower is you. There is a camera pointing at your flower, which represents your mind, in time lapse mode. Sometimes the camera is positioned in such a way/angle that you only see the ugly parts of your flower. This is your perspective. You forget the meadow, the forest, all sense of separation from the camera. But when you remember your inner self, or true nature, you remember that you are free to position the camera a different way.  You can take a step back, have a more panoramic view and focus on the beauty emanating from your flower.

 

This isn't just poetry, it opens a door for further understanding. Perspectives are not a brick wall that you are doomed to keep driving into. Perspectives become malleable when you remember that they are held together by Light and energy. Energy and Light respond to intent. If you wish, you can release these perspectives to their Light, there is really no one to stop you. Light will help you shift and create new perspectives.

 

Practically, this is as easy as making prayer to release a given perspective to a higher spiritual energy. If you are Buddhist, release them to the Buddha of infinite Light. If you are Christian release them to Jesus Light. Remember that it's not about Jesus or Buddha, it's about the Divine, and the fact that the Divine understands the language of intent perfectly well. So if you just take that meadow metaphor above, and ask the Divine to think of a new perspective for you to see your flower in a new way, the energy will shift almost immediately.

 

Remember to keep you heart open and be sincere to the energy you are releasing your perspective too. The Divine responds to your sincerity. Going through this process with an intellectual mind for example, or being full of doubt would negate the value of this exercise. You need to be curious as a child, and you need to offer your innocent mind to the Divine. Then when your perspective is no longer in your hands, the divine sculptor can work on it again, and the energy can shift.  Most people are not willing to try something like this because it's not scientific, but energetically this is how works.

 

In our tradition we say ... you want to heal yourself ? First heal the Divide. Because how can you be healthy if your perspective is not healthy ? The Divide is your separation from your spiritual center or source. When the Divide is healed, then it will trickle down to your physical body, then you can work on your blockages in a more efficient way. In contrast it can be very hard to heal someone if they choose to attach to unhealthy perspectives about themselves or the world.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Sebastian said:

Perspective shifting is an important subject that doesn't get much air time on Dao Bums, but they really have a major impact on us energetically.

 

For example, if you have no faith or spiritual understanding in your life, then your perspectives will become your Gods. Think about that. Everything you do will be within the confines of these perspectives. Energetically, you will carry them like an article of clothing.

 

What you wrote about is more like shifting perspectives through intellectual reasoning, but you can shift them energetically too. My Master teaches "perspective shifting" like this.... the image is his, but the words are mine. 

 

Imagine a beautiful flower in a meadow, the flower is you. There is a camera pointing at your flower, which represents your mind, in time lapse mode. Sometimes the camera is positioned in such a way/angle that you only see the ugly parts of your flower. This is your perspective. You forget the meadow, the forest, all sense of separation from the camera. But when you remember your inner self, or true nature, you remember that you are free to position the camera a different way.  You can take a step back, have a more panoramic view and focus on the beauty emanating from your flower.

 

This isn't just poetry, it opens a door for further understanding. Perspectives are not a brick wall that you are doomed to keep driving into. Perspectives become malleable when you remember that they are held together by Light and energy. Energy and Light respond to intent. If you wish, you can release these perspectives to their Light, there is really no one to stop you. Light will help you shift and create new perspectives.

 

Practically, this is as easy as making prayer to release a given perspective to a higher spiritual energy. If you are Buddhist, release them to the Buddha of infinite Light. If you are Christian release them to Jesus Light. Remember that it's not about Jesus or Buddha, it's about the Divine, and the fact that the Divine understands the language of intent perfectly well. So if you just take that meadow metaphor above, and ask the Divine to think of a new perspective for you to see your flower in a new way, the energy will shift almost immediately.

 

Remember to keep you heart open and be sincere to the energy you are releasing your perspective too. The Divine responds to your sincerity. Going through this process with an intellectual mind for example, or being full of doubt would negate the value of this exercise. You need to be curious as a child, and you need to offer your innocent mind to the Divine. Then when your perspective is no longer in your hands, the divine sculptor can work on it again, and the energy can shift.  Most people are not willing to try something like this because it's not scientific, but energetically this is how works.

 

In our tradition we say ... you want to heal yourself ? First heal the Divide. Because how can you be healthy if your perspective is not healthy ? The Divide is your separation from your spiritual center or source. When the Divide is healed, then it will trickle down to your physical body, then you can work on your blockages in a more efficient way. In contrast it can be very hard to heal someone if they choose to attach to unhealthy perspectives about themselves or the world.

Hi, thanks for sharing that. 

 

Yes releasing the perspective to a higher intelligence. When I have absolutely no clue whatsoever, and I'm completely and utterly lost, and I cannot find any way or path anymore. Like completely, game over. 

 

Then I just keep praying and often crazy things happen. I mean, NORMAL but I have been so disconnected from that normalcy, that it appears mind blowing. 

 

So I also suddenly understand everything and everyone. 

 

And ofcourse, untill I release the prayer. I'm back to stupid again, and holding on to perspectives which do not serve me. But I CANNOT FIND  A BETTER ONE, UNLESS I MEDITATE OR PRAY 24/7

 

So that is like undeniable. And I hate it. That if I give up everything, my life becomes awesome to the power of infinity. Like, really... That's how stupid I am, or how much I stand in my own way, blocking my own realisation of all the good that is all around me. 

 

And then it almost feels as if, the prayer or mantra has some kind of power. When it doesn't. It's just that that gap automatically closes when I no longer create that gap by thinking thoughts which are out of alignment with my own Soul. 

 

So far, I haven't found anything that works besides praying or meditating 24/7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Everything said:

And ofcourse, untill I release the prayer. I'm back to stupid again, and holding on to perspectives which do not serve me. But I CANNOT FIND  A BETTER ONE, UNLESS I MEDITATE OR PRAY 24/7

 

So that is like undeniable. And I hate it. That if I give up everything, my life becomes awesome to the power of infinity. Like, really... That's how stupid I am, or how much I stand in my own way, blocking my own realisation of all the good that is all around me. 

 

 

"Perspective" is an umbrella term and also includes spiritual perspectives. What you wrote about not being OK unless you meditate or pray 24/7 is a spiritual perspective. You can shift it the same way.

 

Don't be so hard on yourself for holding onto your perspectives my friend. They are hard on every one. Forgive yourself for holding onto them, that can also open the same door.

 

Personally I don't think I would make prayer and meditation more holy than everyday life. That's another perspective. Realize instead that your mundane life is already divine. Otherwise it creates the perspective that you are only OK when you do a certain amount of daily practice, or when you can turn the mundane into the supra-mundane.

 

If you can stay calm and balanced and lead an ordinary life not causing trouble for people, that is already sacred in my book. If you can also face your perspectives with forgiveness and keep an open heart, meaning staying aware of your spiritual nature during daily activities, then you will live in sacredness 24/7. But you can't manufacture it. You can't manufacture what is already yours. You are already sacred and the Divine knows your value, even if you struggle with some limitations.

 

Living like this 24/7 is a matter of spiritual sincerity. You sincerity is the key that can open the door to living an experience like this, without the pull of perspectives.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sebastian said:

 

"Perspective" is an umbrella term and also includes spiritual perspectives. What you wrote about not being OK unless you meditate or pray 24/7 is a spiritual perspective. You can shift it the same way.

 

Don't be so hard on yourself for holding onto your perspectives my friend. They are hard on every one. Forgive yourself for holding onto them, that can also open the same door.

 

Personally I don't think I would make prayer and meditation more holy than everyday life. That's another perspective. Realize instead that your mundane life is already divine. Otherwise it creates the perspective that you are only OK when you do a certain amount of daily practice, or when you can turn the mundane into the supra-mundane.

 

If you can stay calm and balanced and lead an ordinary life not causing trouble for people, that is already sacred in my book. If you can also face your perspectives with forgiveness and keep an open heart, meaning staying aware of your spiritual nature during daily activities, then you will live in sacredness 24/7. But you can't manufacture it. You can't manufacture what is already yours. You are already sacred and the Divine knows your value, even if you struggle with some limitations.

 

Living like this 24/7 is a matter of spiritual sincerity. You sincerity is the key that can open the door to living an experience like this, without the pull of perspectives.

 

 

Yeah, as if sincerity ever got me anywhere. No matter how good I am or do, it's never enough for God. And without God's approval, I am nothing. So there is no sincerity for me. Just 24/7 denial of all that I believe I am, because I have thought that I am it my whole life. 

 

I thought that I am allowed to be who I am, no matter who I am. But life doesn't work that way. God certainly has preferences. And we all must be obedient. And if we don't, well, then the wrath of God we feel. 

 

To me sincerity is suicide. Or death. Beause I know I failed a long time ago. I am not hard on my self GOD IS HARD ON ME. ALWAYS HAS BEEN. And will be eternally evermore. So as always, God says, no you are not allowed to fail, you die you go to hell. So keep on living, and only I can kill you. I want to kill you myself! 

 

And so I have to meditate 24/7 while living my mundane life. It's not like I got a choice. There is absolutely zero sincerity when you torture someone to their absolute limits, and then be like, "OH WOW LOOK, HE CHOSE TO BE IN ALIGNMENT WITH HIS OW  SOUL! BLESSED BE THE WRATH OF GOD." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That started like it was one big oyster in the sky... then my perspective shifted...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted to die when I was 6 years old. And been praying for death ever since. I have experienced impossible things in my life, as a mercy of God's infinite wisdom. But it doesn't change a thing for me. Eternity and infinite is not enough and never ever will be.

 

We are not to speak of hell. It's the fking dirty secret of God. And it is everywhere. And then so is it sincerity when you go to heaven, eternally praising God, while God burns all the lost souls in an eternally consuming flame, that never ceases to revitalize the pain of all demons? 

 

It's just a fking joke, and God's laughing, because I am protected by God. So I'm not even allowed to complain. And eternally my mouth is shut. And if God commands me to laugh, I have to laugh. And praise be to the lord of all the world. I CAN NEVER EVEN SAVE ONE SOUL FROM THE ETERNAL HELLFIRE. WHO AM I? REALLY... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dawei said:

That started like it was one big oyster in the sky... then my perspective shifted...

 

3 minutes ago, dawei said:

That started like it was one big oyster in the sky... then my perspective shifted...

Now you understand, how every child is misled by the shiny things of this world. And so, they are loved and appreciated, by pedophiles. And so, they are forced to have sex. And every demon wants them to jump, because they tell them that they can fly, and then when they finally gather all of their courage and it will be with their entire soul that they jump. And then they fall real hard. And the entire universe has betrayed them. And then the devil says, you should have dived, instead of wanting to fly. So you would know the truth sooner. 

 

And the parents laugh, and say it is cute. Because they didn't die. They only died from within. And that is something that will forever be their pain. And so the parents laugh and love the child. Because misery loves company. And like every pure soul, is born into the hands of horrified people. And cries. Emmediately realising how big of a mistake this physical world is. 

 

And how blessed the fornicators are for having indulged in their sin, and therefor given birth to another innocent soul, to feed eternal flame and stones of the hellfire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How you perceive the world, what you think about, what you seek out to think about and allow yourself to ruminate on, how you feel, this is your own personal functional reality.  No one else even knows what is going on within you, most don't even notice you.  We are all the star of our own little movies aren't we?  And in each other's movies, we are less than extras... background, or simply unnoticed.

 

Consider this... if how you feel on the inside can be determined by the actions and words of other people... then your quality of life is tethered to and enslaved by the whims of others.

 

Is there a greater level of enslavement than this? 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

How you perceive the world, what you think about, what you seek out to think about and allow yourself to ruminate on, how you feel, this is your own personal functional reality.  No one else even knows what is going on within you, most don't even notice you.  We are all the star of our own little movies aren't we?  And in each other's movies, we are less than extras... background, or simply unnoticed.

 

Consider this... if how you feel on the inside can be determined by the actions and words of other people... then your quality of life is tethered to and enslaved by the whims of others.

 

Is there a greater level of enslavement than this? 

Yeah, that's the point. We are all individuals. Supposedly creating our own destiny. And is it just me, or is that eternally lonely? 

 

When you finally find something that is real, that is beyond your ability to create it or control it, it comes with a world of pain. And you'll wish you never asked for it to begin with. But the eternity is a long time to be alone. So you will always seek out that which is greater than all that you have ever known before. 

 

It is not about being a slave to other people, it is about finally being free to understand everything and everyone. To allow the greatest knowledge that has ever existed and just take a cup everyday out of that eternal well of nourishment and well-being. For your own selfish benefit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why does anybody care about this world.

It's all vanity, 

My arms can reach only one metre in front, so it is only this space that I need concern about.

We are small monkeys, so what.

It hurts sorry, but yes it hurts, life hurts.

Make a plan for today, and carry that plan out.

Deal practically with whatever needs doing.

Sit quietly and trust.

Sit quietly and release this world, release the life.

Beneath life, and beneath death.

Going going gone.

Zero.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, rideforever said:

Why does anybody care about this world.

It's all vanity, 

My arms can reach only one metre in front, so it is only this space that I need concern about.

We are small monkeys, so what.

It hurts sorry, but yes it hurts, life hurts.

Make a plan for today, and carry that plan out.

Deal practically with whatever needs doing.

Sit quietly and trust.

Sit quietly and release this world, release the life.

Beneath life, and beneath death.

Going going gone.

Zero.

Yeah you're right. I like the emptiness or nothingness. It's very peaceful, and produces amazing restfulness and sleep. I mean, if anyone with insomnia is willing to simply focus on the nothingness silence, the lack of the mantra when it is no longer sounded. To focus on the absence of something. The lack of that sound has a quality to it, like it's so free from all thought of all experience. It's like instant tranqualizer. I fall asleep almost at will like that.

 

It feels like no longer existing. It's awesome. Especially since I can just do that on will. Just shut off like that. Sleep has so many benefits. But if I sort of do this kind of meditation more wakefully and consciously, like when I am completely and utterly and totally not tired at all, it also produces allot of wake induced lucid dreaming. 

 

That experience, going from fully awake and conscious, to suddenly hearing sounds. And then flashes. And feelings. It blends so well with the surroundings you BELIEVE you are in. Like someone speaking from the other side of the window, and their voice is perfectly simulated by the brain or wherever it's coming from, to sound exactly like how that person would sound if they actually spoke from the other side of that window.

 

And often when I wake up from my dreams, it's always so funny to recognize, how my believe, doesn't match the actual reality of my life in so many ways. Like, there was a hallway to the front door. And my believe, the way it was reflected in my dream, didn't exactly match the reality of it. 

 

Or sometimes I hear a sound in my dream, and then wake up to find out, that sound is something completely different, even tho it sounded exactly like what I thought it sounded.

 

Reality vs dream

The alarm clock  vs  Sirenes going off in a chemical factory.

 

The steel cutting circular saw  vs hundreds of thousands upon thousands soldiers on a giant battlefield filled with steel worn knights, clashing metal on metal, sword on sword, sword on shield, sword on armor. Thousands of them, all the while screaming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/06/2019 at 12:41 PM, Aetherous said:

"I can't believe they just cut me off in traffic, and are now driving so slow. What an asshole!"  :angry:

Okay, now watch this whole video...

 

 

With all of those stars (suns), honestly, how many planets are in existence? It's countless, as far as any eye can see, and even endlessly beyond that for all we know. Think about that - reality extending without end. How can we even imagine something that doesn't end?

What if the idea behind Stargate is real, and you could travel between certain planets, many light years away. What types of beings exist in these other inhabitable places? Are they similar to us, but merely with different cultures and languages? How far out have they explored? Do other beings know of how to travel to meet others?

 

What if we can figure out how to make connections in the near future with other inhabitable places, and explorers make some expeditions and show us video of these new planets?

Do I still feel like the person driving in front of me is an asshole?

 

 

 

 

 

YES !

 

 

 

 

 

 

917bFbg06hL.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Energetically, perspectives look like this.

 

aerial-shasta-dam.jpg

 

The left is what the Universe is offering you, the right is what you receive. The dam is the wall you've built from perspective and/or fear.

 

Example:  "I am unlovable and will never find a partner"

 

If you hold on to this perspective, no matter how many potential partners the Divine brings you from upstream, you will barely collect anything at all.

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

These China walls live within our energetic system, in the acquired 12 meridians of course, but also in the deeper 8 vessels, that's why they are chronic and harder to remove. Just practicing Qigong alone it's hard to change perspectives, but you might regulate your emotions and feel healthier in general.

 

So how can you open a dam like that ? Looking at the picture it looks almost helpless. But really, no matter how big or small the wall you've built, the answer is to simply release the dam to the Universe. You're the beaver that created it in the first place.

 

And how do you do this ? The power of Light. In the physical world we use dynamite, but in the spiritual world, Light does the heavy lifting. Light, and you blow a wish towards the Light, like you do on your birthday cake. The wish is to release the dam. Intent and Light is the definition of prayer. Sincerity is dynamite in the spiritual world.

 

You'll see yourself and your flower in a new Light. But first, you have to ask yourself - do I really want to let go of my perspective ? It might not be the time, but just remember that you aren't forever bound to them, there is always a way out. 

 

spring-276014__340.jpg

 

 

Edited by Sebastian
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyways, I don't want this to be all theory and want to be helpful.... So let's turn the image above into a meditation.

 

Imagine yourself in the meadow, watching your flower, next to the tree. Now, call on the Divine. Imagine a Divine Light in front of you. Not a vulgar light, because this isn't a visualization exercise. So let's say, you call on the Light of Jesus or Buddha, depending on which one speaks to you most. See all the qualities of the Divine in that Light. It doesn't matter if you don't physically see it, just know it's there for you. If you need to see Light, it will be shown to you during the meditation. Then you can say these words: "I am in Light, Light is in me, the Light and I are One". See your flower and the ones next to you emanating light, even the watcher looking at your flower is releasing into the Light. Surrender your expert's mind to that Light, just for one moment, to see what happens.... Offer your innocence to that Light, just for one moment, to see what happens. See if you are starting to feel lighter, if your body feels like it is becoming transparent. What do the sensations of Light feel like to you ? Rest in this vibration. Then ask the Light to create a new perspective for you, so you can see your flower in a more balanced way about something. Then meditate with that Light for 5 to 10 minutes or more as needed, relaxing into it, not actively doing anything anymore. Just trust that it's there, with you during the meditation. And you'll feel energy shifting very strongly.

 

But even if you felt nothing felt nothing, you might not realize that everything about your day will be different. Something is always listening and if you cast a prayer like this a dozen, a hundred times, you can break through any dam you've built for yourself. It's the power of intent and prayer. In this case you're praying to yourself, so you can directly experience how prayer affects someone energetically.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One aspect is "Waking Up".

And another aspects is "Surrendering That Which is Awoken".

 

Waking Up means feeling who you are, recognition of me, and becoming your real self, and releasing the social ego.

Surrendering means letting go into the whole, into the bigger you.

 

It is good to alternate these currents in your practice.

You cannot just surrender, because it leads to beings spaced out, it is a useless surrender.

But if you Awaken, and then surrender, then boom, I Am That.

Feel who is the one that surrenders.

 

Perspectives ..... 

Yes, dial the positive light of truth out of what is in front of you, truth, love, let every breath be love.

Choose love, and choose love again.

Love is the feeling of godliness.

Why am I afraid ?
Why am I ever afraid ?
Choose love, again and again and again.

This is s a kind of surrender to divinity in life.

And it is on the surrender side of the path.

 

Sometimes you must wake up to the practical reality of today.

Get your hands dirty in the fore-world, deal effectively and courageously with today, with right now.

Own yourself and take action in the fore.

And then once again flow into surrender of the far.

 

The fore-shore and the far-shore.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2019 at 10:41 PM, Aetherous said:

With all of those stars (suns), honestly, how many planets are in existence? It's countless, as far as any eye can see, and even endlessly beyond that for all we know. Think about that - reality extending without end. How can we even imagine something that doesn't end?

 

I do something like this almost daily. Have you ever heard the Earth referred to as "The Pale Blue Dot"? There is a distant picture taken by Voyager looking back at the Earth. I often visualize the Earth like this. Then I (my body) seem like an insignificant ant on the surface? Basically, nothing and insignificant. Yet, at the same time I am part of it all.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Paraphrase from a couple of stories that i once heard: there was a man, who was scorned by all in his town for being evil. it was said of him by some that it was because he was always surrounded by 6 demons.

a passer by who was a experienced shaman happened to Perceive the mans sufferings. As he walked into the town to get a closer look, he was met by the controlling devil of the town, who insisted that he leave his town immediately. the shaman not having any agenda to fight the devil agreed, just asking to be granted one request. the shaman asked why was it that there was so many demons harassing one man, when no one else in the town was being bothered. the devil just laughed and said:  The old man had always acted like someone who would have a chance to become a shaman but he hadn't ever decided to make the effort, so the demons where there always trying to cause the man to shift his perspective toward the negative things in life and thus prevent him from taking the shaman form of the path of life. :)

Edited by mrpasserby
typo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In A Course in Miracles a huge change in perspective is invocated, to stop being the body-form and to live as the spirit and trust that God has a plan for you, you need only surrender to it.

 

Florence Scoville Shinn says that we must believe in only one power, the good, for there is only one.   Only our forgetfulness and "false creation" creates a belief in the bad.   All bad things are simply a misuse of our creative imagination.

 

As we believe so we create.

 

It is very much worth disconnecting yourself from the beliefs and obsessions and struggles of human society, and to live inside the Light, and to refuse all else.   Just try that for a while.   Is it okay not to struggle, is it okay to surrender to what you are, is it okay to trust, is it okay not to be insane, is it okay not to be the physical body, is it okay not to fight with people, is it okay to relax.

 

Is pain bad, is death bad, is ... anything bad.   

Anything can be bad if you define it as bad, if you insist on it being bad. 

And what is the alternative?
Just this.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites