mantis

government's trying to fuck you

I look at it like governments, other people, etc are not trying to fuck you, but rather make sweet love to you but they are just a bit inept. We'll all get it right sooner or later. :lol:

Yoda, you're too beautiful.

sincerely

Sam

the moon is fat fill your cup

i am

haha praise be

i_am_sam

x

People don't want to believe in it because it is too awful. I don't blame you for staying ignorant, Taoist81, you can keep believing the lie.

Actually, if you look at the psychology behind conspiracy theories (again, real science with real studies, not nut job speculation), the reason people tend to buy into them is because they have a hard time accepting that shit just happens sometimes. They figure that something as big as 911 or the Kennedy assassination can't have just been done by as petty little terrorist group (despite the fact that they did have our training behind them to use) or one little communist. But, of course, you are right, and we never landed on the moon either.

I look at it like governments, other people, etc are not trying to fuck you, but rather make sweet love to you but they are just a bit inept. We'll all get it right sooner or later. :lol:

Very well put Master Yoda.

It is a great comfort to know that the law of karma/law of attraction protects me 100% from the actions of others.

Now if I can just gain a bit of control over my own mind, I'll be set! :)

There's a lot of half truths in what I've seen already. Don't get too fooled.

And you want to share "half-truths" with us so we see them clearly, right? ;)

It is a great comfort to know that the law of karma/law of attraction protects me 100% from the actions of others.

Now if I can just gain a bit of control over my own mind, I'll be set! :)

You are very lucky indeed. I am not safe from them yet. Perhaps one day. My mind is good but needs a bit of refinement. Step by step we all will get there. One lifetime along the path :)

I saw "9/11 coincedences" videos before. Part 18 has some interesting interviews and videos I haven't seen before.

Personally I think, besides thermite, a some kind of energy weapon or a small hydrogen bomb was used. Here are sites that explore this possibility: Directed-Energy Weapons (DEW) and Hydrogen Bomb.

That's the only way I can explain steel turn into dust.

And you want to share "half-truths" with us so we see them clearly, right? ;)

Really? I was giving mantis some allowances because of his young age. Maybe I was assuming too much. They got a lot of their history wrong, particularly religious history. And it's certainly no secret that there's a lot of pagan influences left in Christianity, for instance. Life's too short for me to go back and watch that. If you want to see it done better, watch the zeitgeist movie.

Also, because I am so easily hypnotized, I am aware when someone is trying to hypnotize me. They used deliberately hypnotic music and other techniques in that thing.

Really? I was giving mantis some allowances because of his young age. Maybe I was assuming too much. They got a lot of their history wrong, particularly religious history. And it's certainly no secret that there's a lot of pagan influences left in Christianity, for instance. Life's too short for me to go back and watch that. If you want to see it done better, watch the zeitgeist movie.

Also, because I am so easily hypnotized, I am aware when someone is trying to hypnotize me. They used deliberately hypnotic music and other techniques in that thing.

Zeitgeist has a whole load of hogwash in it as well. Logical fallacies left and right as well as manipulation and cherry picking of evidence. The beginning about religion has some interesting correlations, but no real evidence.

Zeitgeist has a whole load of hogwash in it as well. Logical fallacies left and right as well as manipulation and cherry picking of evidence. The beginning about religion has some interesting correlations, but no real evidence.

Yes, I know, but less hogwash than this one. :lol:

for my own personal quest out of ignorance, can you share some examples? i say that not as a challenge but as a question for my own understanding. I really want to know the truth, and I understand there are lies heavily on both sides...

i enjoyed the videos. opens your eyes when you think they're already opened.

i'm always reminded of 'the allegory of the cave' whenever i think 'there's something else i'm not seeing here'

on one of the videos, the narrarator mentioned 'dejavu' being connected with quantum physics... does anyone have any information on this? i had some CRAZY dejavu today

Now if I can just gain a bit of control over my own mind, I'll be set!

It's my pet theory that the ability to quiet one's own mind is related to the ability to understand the law of karma/attraction, then one can calm down as they see that life is good. While there's definitely room for improvement in my life, it's nice to see some progress along these lines, too.

for my own personal quest out of ignorance, can you share some examples? i say that not as a challenge but as a question for my own understanding. I really want to know the truth, and I understand there are lies heavily on both sides...

Sorry for the delayed reply. If you look at the links posted earlier to research on the claims of conspiracy theorists (Popular Mechanics, Skeptics Magazine etc) the same old accusations are made in the film. The writers of those articles are much better writers than yours truly so it would probably be best to read that rather than a rehash of all of the varied points. You may also be able to find the Bullshit! episode online that Penn & Teller did, it was quite concise and entertaining. Much of the conspiracy accusations come from comments made right after the events when emotions were high and impressions were clouded, not on physical evidence.

The discussion on religion at the beginning makes some interesting links, also known as coincidences. Correlation does not imply causation. There are no "pure" religions out there now. Islam adopted elements of Judaism and Christianity. Christianity adopted elements of Islam and Paganism (and obviously Judaism). Taoism and Buddhism cross-pollinated with each other, shamanistic religions, Confucianism and Hinduism. Etc, etc, ad nauseum. Thus it is quite obvious that most of the neat links (like 12 disciples and 12 signs of the zodiac) are just that, neat, nothing more, nothing sinister.

People want to believe in conspiracies for a few reasons. 1. it means they are privy to secret information that others don't realize and the world would be better if they did know, i.e. it means they are "special". This is the same thing that makes cults so powerful. 2. it is just so hard to accept that something so "small" or simple could cause such a devastating act. It is easier to believe that our vast government involved thousands of people (of whom none confessed anything or let a memo leak) to kill thousands, than it is to believe that 19 mostly Saudi hijackers killed 3000+ people within a couple of hours. Similarly, people had a hard time accepting that one weirdo (despite the fact that he was an experienced sharpshooter) could kill a president who inspired the country. It was easier to accept that the government or other mysterious "them" arranged for his death.

i enjoyed the videos. opens your eyes when you think they're already opened.

i'm always reminded of 'the allegory of the cave' whenever i think 'there's something else i'm not seeing here'

on one of the videos, the narrarator mentioned 'dejavu' being connected with quantum physics... does anyone have any information on this? i had some CRAZY dejavu today

A recent study suggested that Deja Vu is most likely connected to a misfiring of neurotransmitters. Basically a synapse fires twice in a row (a mistake) and as of the second firing you have a "familiar" sensation because, well, it is the "second" time you have experienced it. You can probably find the research by praying to the Google God.

Similarly, people had a hard time accepting that one weirdo (despite the fact that he was an experienced sharpshooter) could kill a president who inspired the country.

ah the president was killed by a weirdo then the weirdo was killed by another weirdo and then that other weirdo conveniently dies. happens all the time, no conspiracies here folks.

Edited by Procurator

ah the president was killed by a weirdo then the weirdo was killed by another weirdo and then that other weirdo conveniently dies. happens all the time, no conspiracies here folks.

[Read the following with oozingly copious sarcasm]

Of course, you are right. You know it is sooo easy to fake a heart attack....

Really, it was a conspiracy by the CIA and the "man" on the grassy knoll also helped fake the moon landing. He further supplied "Darwinists" with fake evidence to falsly disprove the "real science" of Intelligent Design. If it weren't for the Discovery Institute and the makers of Loose Change (both of whom use the exact same "logic" to "prove" their points) he might have gotten away with that and the "bombing" of the Pentagon....

And while we are at it, it wasn't really a racist redneck who killed Martin Luther King Jr. That was a plot by the roswell greys because they didn't like his dream since aliens weren't mentioned.

[End copious sarcasm]

In truth, for many now it is hard to imagine a time when the office of President was actually noble to American citizens. We, again, find it hard to understand a guy being so wound up over the assassination of his leader that he would kill for it.

First off, just saying the words "Conspiracy Theory" brings to mind UFO's, Bigfoot, Men in Black, Men in camoflage bumfucking little squirrels in the backwoods of Indiana while awaiting the apocalypse.

They're trigger words designed to elicit a response and it's usually to keep the disinfo and the sarcasm flowing.

A few years back, if you came to me and said 911 was an inside job, I would have told you" your out of your fucking mind you godamn Commie!"

Having a lot of time on my hands, I did some research and plenty of reading and as Chanwu stated earlier, it all comes down to $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

There's a term called "False Flag Terrorism" and Countries have been doing it for hundreds of years...........If you want to have a war and you just don't happen to have an enemy at the moment, you attack yourself and then point the finger at your newly created enemy................There's profit in war..........As a matter of fact, a book was written in the in the 30's called " War is a Racket" by Major General Smedley Butler, USMC.

In it, General Butler realised after participating in numerous battles including the Spanish American War, that he was fighting for corporate profit and devoted the rest of his life lecturing on the fraud that had been brought on the American people.

Who or what is the evil behind the curtain?

It's the Banksters............The Federal Reserve.......................who are not Federal and there's no Reserve!.......................They're a private bank and have been printing money out of thin air with no backing (gold and silver) since 1913.

Check out the dvd from the late great Aaron Russo-"America: From Freedom to Fascism"...........It'll blow your mind and put everthing into perspective.

Other authors to check out:

Webster Tarpley

Jim Marrs

Victor Thorn

David Ray Griffin

"Conspiracy Theory......Conspiracy Theory.......You are now in Sing Sing!"

First off, just saying the words "Conspiracy Theory" brings to mind UFO's, Bigfoot, Men in Black, Men in camoflage bumfucking little squirrels in the backwoods of Indiana while awaiting the apocalypse.

When I hear "Conspiracy Theory", I see everything coming out of the White House.

They're trigger words designed to elicit a response and it's usually to keep the disinfo and the sarcasm flowing.

You are right, Conspiracy Theory has come to elicit quite a knee jerk response. However, that doesn't mean the title doesn't fit. Further, the 9/11 conspiracy theories share arguments in common not just with older conspiracy theories, but also "intelligent design". So, perhaps we need a new word for "really badly put together conspiracy theories with less real evidence than UFO's and Bigfoot", after all, we don't want to disrespect Bigfoot.

A few years back, if you came to me and said 911 was an inside job, I would have told you" your out of your fucking mind you godamn Commie!"

Having a lot of time on my hands, I did some research and plenty of reading and as Chanwu stated earlier, it all comes down to $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

It is unfortunate that you would have automatically jumped to the conclusion that a person was lying just because they said it was an inside job. Unlike you, many people were concerned, and thought things like Loose Change may have been right (while remaining reasonably skeptical of both Loose Change and the 9/11 commission). That is the very reason that so many scientists looked into the REAL EVIDENCE and found that the towers fell because of planes and debris and the hole in the pentagon follows the exact physics models for a plane flying into it as did the hole and debris pattern in PA.

There's a term called "False Flag Terrorism" and Countries have been doing it for hundreds of years...........

Sure, Hitler did it. You could even say that Nero did it when Rome burned so he could blame it on the Xtians. Just because something has been done in the past does not mean that it was done in this case.

If you want to have a war and you just don't happen to have an enemy at the moment, you attack yourself and then point the finger at your newly created enemy................

No disagreement here. Our entire planet has seen far too much war in the past 100 years, much of it sadly instigated by the US. However, it is worth noting that this is the very reason that Osama and his goons attacked on 911, because we have been causing wars in their 'hood for so long.

There's profit in war..........As a matter of fact, a book was written in the in the 30's called " War is a Racket" by Major General Smedley Butler, USMC.

In it, General Butler realised after participating in numerous battles including the Spanish American War, that he was fighting for corporate profit and devoted the rest of his life lecturing on the fraud that had been brought on the American people.

Umm.. yeah, war is profitable.... No one said it wasn't. Why We Fight is another good documentary about the "military-industrial complex". This argument applies clearly to the unjust war in Iraq, but it has nothing to do with 9/11. We could still have gone into Iraq (based on the false evidence presented about WMD's) without 9/11. Would it have been a little more difficult? Yeah, but there still would have been enough support to do it.

Who or what is the evil behind the curtain?

It's the Banksters............The Federal Reserve.......................who are not Federal and there's no Reserve!.......................They're a private bank and have been printing money out of thin air with no backing (gold and silver) since 1913.

We can agree all day that the Fed is a damaging institution. We can agree that the gold standard would be a better economic policy. That doesn't have anything to do with whether or not the REAL EVIDENCE points toward 19 hijackers pulling off 9/11. By the way, this (as well as your argument above about war for profit) is one of the characteristics of Conspiracy Theories. Point toward powerful groups that abuse their power and show how they may have benefited from an event. By doing this, you avoid all that nastiness about having to produce evidence to support your "theory" (actually a hypothesis since there is no real evidence for it). If you look at the ID movement they do the same thing. They don't produce EVIDENCE of ID, instead they say "See, the darwinists can't prove how every nit-picky little aspect of evolution works so it must be false...and since evolution is false ID must be true. and since ID is true Jesus is your savior and you will go to hell unless you say a prayer." Now, what does that argument have to do with the evolution of humans? Nothing, but it convinces hundreds of Xtians that IDers are real scientists....

Check out the dvd from the late great Aaron Russo-"America: From Freedom to Fascism"...........It'll blow your mind and put everthing into perspective.

Sounds interesting, the country does seem to be headed that way from both the Republican and the Democratic Parties. Less and less freedom and larger and larger government...

Support your local Libertarian Party!! www.lp.org

When I hear "Conspiracy Theory", I see everything coming out of the White House.

Don't the words "Patriot Act" and "Terrorist Surveilance Act" just make you think 1984.