On this excellent spring day, a propitious one because of the spring equinox combined with the full moon, I am pleased to announce that the well polished version of my book is available in paperback at Amazon now. It may get you wondering about how real dragons really are.

A LINEAGE OF DRAGONS
The mysterious qigong master who was Bruce Lee's uncle and main kung fu teacher.

On 3/19/2019 at 6:10 PM, dwai said:

Loved the chapter on enlightenment.

Thanks Dwai, a good word from an experienced person like you makes it worthwhile.  I wonder if you could do me a little favor and write a review on Amazon.  Some childish person wrote a review that basically says "My daddy can beat up your daddy" and gave it only a one star rating which really screws up the averages when there are few reviews.  Please upload the latest version, 1.7, after this there won't be any edits for awhile.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2019 at 11:01 PM, Pilgrim said:

@Starjumper will soon be reading your book.

Recomendation add audible however that works. 

I often buy both, listening while driving is a treasure.

Thank you very much.

Excellent idea on the audio book!  I'll look into that.  I wonder if Amazon/Kindle does audio books?  Enjoy the story.

On 3/20/2019 at 9:47 AM, shazlor said:

Hi Starjumper the quote is from this version:

Pages 29-31 

https://chine.in/fichiers/jourwest.pdf

“This page formatted 2005 Blackmask Online. http://www.blackmask.com
Adapted from the WJF Jenner translation (Beijing, 1955) by Collinson Fair.
Copyright 2005, Silk Pagoda.”

Thanks for the details.  I'll look into that.  That passage from 'Journey to the West' fits the book so well because it explains the view on showing off, it's about the Monkey King which is who Bruce's teacher was, and it mentions 'saying I taught myself', which is also what Bruce had to do.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

On 3/14/2019 at 8:55 PM, beachbum78 said:

Im interested in your book I just have no idea who you are or what you do. Is this kung fu or just chi kung you mention wizardly so it\s it taoist magic or something else.?

Are you accepting students?

An so forth. I wish you all the best and hope your book is a big success!

Thank you.

Hi, I see you edited it out, but I had thought that when you said the url didn't work that it was the url to the book, but it just occurred to me that you mean the url to my own website.  taohermitage.com.

I have a bit of time now so to answer your question: the kind of wizards I'm referring to here is not like the kind that make spells.  They are more like super psychic warriors with jedi abilities, enlightened, and the magic is simply the kind where they have a lot of synchronicity, their wishes come true, they can see the future, and they can talk with immortals in the spirit realm.  It is just a different definition for a very high level advanced and powerful chi kung master (nei kung can of worms opens here).  The technically correct term used in china is wizard, it's official.  Yes, and a person can come here to study, but I kind of hate saying that here any more, because the seven years I have said that on this forum it was a complete waste.  Causes regrets you know.  Instead I got to observe the slow motion train wreck called human nature.  Bastardized human nature.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Starjumper said:

Excellent idea on the audio book!  I'll look into that.  I wonder if Amazon/Kindle does audio books?  Enjoy the story.

Audible is owned by Amazon so I would be surprised if there was not a path to Audio Book recording. 

I always love  it when a good voice is used like Peter Coyote, he has done many audio books like zen mind beginners mind by Suzuki Roshi.

Watch this video of him on a phone it is crazy how it moves with the phone but mostly listen to the voice. You will need to open in YouTube to get the effect.

Edited by Pilgrim
  • Like 1

The real reason I came to Earth is so that I could make love to lots of beautiful women ... not all at the same time, of course.

Wingless-dragon.jpg

Edited by Starjumper

I'm going to change the book description.  The first one was just a back cover description and it was aimed at the Bruce Lee crowd.  Well, it turns out that the Bruce Lee and Jeet Kun fan clubs are a pretty small segment of the population.  On Facebook the dragon groups are much bigger than the Bruce Lee groups.  A lot of them are dedicated to computer games, but not all.  Also I think that people who haven't been exposed to chi kung will make better students for this kind of thing ... these days ... in general ... of course.

Anyway, the big point is that Amazon allows a book description of over 3000 words that they put with the book so people can find out about it and see how the author writes.  A big giant free advertisement, and I screwed it up.

So I'm posting the old original description (122 words) here followed by the first draft of the beginning of a new description. (around 500 words)  So you see I can write a lot more in the description.  What I'm looking for here is suggestions as to what you think I can add to the description to make the book look juicier?  Of course too many words sometimes isn't better.  

I'm also going to make a Utube video and read this or something similar.

First book back cover and description:

This is a true story about a secretive Chinese master who was Bruce Lee's uncle and main teacher who lived in Seattle, Washington.  The author, Steve Gray, was this master's qigong student for eight years, making him a kung fu brother of Bruce Lee.  Grandmaster Fook Yueng was one of the old school masters with an astounding story to tell, he was one of the more powerful Chinese chi kung masters in the world, making him a Taoist Wizard.  He had much wisdom and many amazing abilities that are described inside.  This book is about Mr. Yueng, the incredible things that I learned from him, and the things I experienced as I progressed along the Way as a well trained wizard's apprentice.

——————————

New online book description (draft)

I have some good news for those of you who love dragons.  Dragons do exits.  They are real … in the spirit realm, which is just on the other side of the veil.  Can you see through the veil?  Some people who are able to can see and speak with dragons.  There are also immortals, gods, demons, and evil spirits which impersonate monks.  In this book you can read about how these beings and others operate in the spirit realm, how they relate to each other, and what they want from you, if anything.

The book also explains about wizards.  Wizards also do exist.  Wizard is one of the official Chinese definitions for a powerful and advanced Taoist qigong master, a master who is super psychic, who has special abilities, and who is far along on the journey of spiritual advancement.  Basically the same as a very advanced yogi from India and the special abilities they have that they also are able to demonstrate.

This book explains the true nature of dragons and what they like.  It explains the steps that a person takes along the path of growth to become a dragon.  Here I will describe some of the main steps which are described in the book: A person who has a good heart begins by doing the right kind of qigong (there are many wrong types).  Next step is finding a very powerful master to learn from so that the apprentice can ‘get his motor started’.  This book describes in some detail what kind of teachers to look for and which kind of teachers to avoid like the plague, the book also explains which types of qigong systems lead people along this path and which ones are more medically oriented.  If a person is lucky and they practice hard they may themselves become a wizard, at which point they are able to talk with dragons and immortals and others.  When the wizard dies he may become an immortal, what is called a celestial immortal, like an ascended master. Some of these immortals, who then are living in the spirit realm yet are able to interact with the material realm,  become dragons.  There are a couple of ancient lineages of qigong, and a couple of ancient lineages of yoga, in which the masters body’s are inhabited by the spirits of dragon.  Those are the systems which are said to be lineages of dragons, and this book describes one of those lineages in detail.  It tells of Bruce Lee’s secret kung fu teacher in Seattle, Fook Yueng, who was one of those dragon master wizards, and it tells us Bruce would have become one too if he had lived.  Told by a long time apprentice of Mr. Yueng who also has dragon spirit animating his body.

In the book it describes the nature of these kinds of spiritual cultivation systems, it describes the kinds of exercises and meditations that they use to cultivate power, and how they all fits together.  It also gives a few examples and a few hints for the perceptive.

I’ll bet that there were a couple of dragon lineages in Europe too, but the church either ended those or drove them underground, I think ended is the word here, although these things could be revived by students of the Eastern traditions who go on to become dragon masters and then move to Europe.  The author, Steve Gray, has moved to the wilderness of South America.  In the book it explains why the church was against dragons and what they did about it.

and so on and so forth (2500 words still available)

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Starjumper said:

I have some good news for those of you who love dragons.  Dragons do exits.  They are real … in the spirit realm, which is just on the other side of the veil. 

I haven’t read through the whole description yet, but I think you may have missed a trick here.

With any such piece of writing your aim is to intrigue the reader to read a little further.

But here you’ve given away the main point of intrigue right at the start.

I’d suggest building curiosity... set the scene and create intriguing questions in the readers mind rather than give intriguing answers...

If they want the answer, they’ll just have to read your book :)

• Like 1