5 minutes ago, ralis said:

You can Google it so I don't need to do your homework for you.

classic, pure ralis...

cool, your back ^_^

hope you dont pack it in on this thread like 

another thread when it starts to get hot.....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ralis said:

What is the reason for increased human population over the last century?

"You can Google it so I don't need to do your homework for you."

43 minutes ago, ralis said:

You always want to make accusations and yet fail to produce one cogent rational argument.

LA smog which is non-existent now has nothing to do with climate change which was  deceptively renamed from "global warming". A false causal connection between the non-existent pollution and the non-existent climate change does not exist hence it is a totalitarian deception. Cogent enough for you?)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ralis said:

What is the reason for increased human population over the last century?

this one is actually a good question. The increase in population was driven by the increase in consumption by the western white nations (who were ironically declining in number simultaneously)

1 minute ago, windwalker said:

@ralis

its a movie

its a propaganda movie about global warming.

hilariously there was a propaganda movie about global ice age before that

all in the name of enslaving the west and extorting the carbon credits as a would-be  greatest robbery in history

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Taoist Texts said:

its a propaganda movie about global warming.

hilariously there was a propaganda movie about global ice age before that

all in the name of enslaving the west and extorting the carbon credits as a would-be  greatest robbery in history

I know, most of the movies like this are...thought some might find it amusing. 

What you've mentioned about carbon credits is really spot on and the root of whats going on now.

The science is very suspect in this aspect... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

tell people in the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, or Indonesia that climate change is not real and they will never take you seriously because it's an every day reality and government policy.

are those happening to be the countries where the everyday reality is getting beaten with bamboo sticks for questioning the government policy?

8 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Is there some sort of "wokeness" to North Americans and Europeans since they seem to be the main places that have most of the people who dismiss climate change?

No, its called 'thinking for themselves without getting beaten by the bamboo sticks.....yet'. But probably quite soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Taoist Texts said:

are those happening to be the countries where the everyday reality is getting beaten with bamboo sticks for questioning the government policy?

Spent much time here? Based on that ignorant statement about "getting beaten with bamboo sticks" (which does not happen), I'm guessing no. 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Spent much time here?

well i gave it a thought but ...nah

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1409999/Woman-publicly-beaten-stick-Aceh-Indonesia.html

31 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Based on that ignorant statement about "getting beaten with bamboo sticks" (which does not happen), I'm guessing no. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caning_in_Singapore

https://news.mb.com.ph/2019/02/28/duterte-corporal-punishment-produces-law-abiding-citizens/

good guess, good guess

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Taoist Texts said:

Riiiight I've lived in Southeast Asia for 15 years (in all three countries you've linked by the way) and your Googling skills trump the experience I've had in all three places. What a waste of time.

Aceh enforces a certain degree of Shariah law and is not consistent throughout the entire country (unless you seem to think that that's the case). 

Caning in Singapore is a punishment that has been done for a guy who spray painted on the wall, not on people criticizing government policy on social media (which a lot of people do on a daily basis and in public protests). 

The Manila Bulletin, an old and anti-confrontational news source that survived by not offending any regime since the Spanish-American War, is quoting Duterte, who is seen by many as a moron here (and is also supported by many morons). Duterte may say corporal punishment produces law-abiding citizens, but what we see every day here is not people being beaten silly, especially when all I need do is talk about how the police force is killing people instead for reward money for drugs (or alleged drugs), or are extremely complacent because of being underpaid, in addition to prisons being 5x over capacity at a minimum around the country. 

My friends in our Telegram group are laughing at the inanity of these links used to characterize the entire region as a place where people are "getting beaten with bamboo sticks for questioning government policy".

True story: a Frenchman in Cambodia we once met was telling us that the Philippines was an Italian colony, not Spanish. He showed us all these links and everyone in the boarding house were wondering how he could think that Spanish names were Italian or how he could somehow provide such inane information culled from links he didn't seem to understand from his own Google searching. This seems to be a trend with those who use Google but have zero life experience. 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, thelerner said:

Yes bias exists. 

Using an old discredited minority view to justify ignoring current science is foolish.

Wow, so not only are they trying to eliminate the cold periods in the past, but now they're downplaying the number of scientists who were alarmist about things cooling off too much as well :lol:

fkn progressivism, man.  rewrite all of history, throw the old books out.  you dont need to know any of that, we'll tell you everything you need to know.

9 hours ago, ralis said:

I read the paper. However, one must factor in the dynamic effects as CO2 rises. Obviously, you really don't want to understand it in which your entire worldview would be in question!

lmao dynamic!  yeah, dynamically getting smaller per ppm as it rises - but wait that still means runaway heat engine :lol: 

its kinda funny watching AGW jump the shark so hard

9 hours ago, Taoist Texts said:

this one is actually a good question. The increase in population was driven by the increase in consumption by the western white nations (who were ironically declining in number simultaneously)

Partly right but the cause is alluding you. All populations are kept in check by food supply which should be obvious to any student of basic biology. To put it simply, until the discovery that ammonium nitrate could be produced by fossil fuels (natural gas) crop yields were low. High nitrogen fertilizers increased crop yields in which food was more plentiful and any species will naturally reproduce in greater numbers. That is a simplistic explanation given there are myriad variables that factor into the equation.

Natural gas is a pollutant!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

everything's a pollutant at the proper dose :P

the biggest factor is access to energy

alluding, lol...as usual the truth eludes you...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/15/2019 at 10:15 PM, flowing hands said:

Today Many school Children bunked off school in protest of not enough is being done about this ever approaching disaster. We are losing nearly 1000 species every month. There are currently 36% human population, 60% cattle and domesticated animals and 4% wild animals inhabit this earth. Yes its shocking. The sea has also lost massive amounts of species also. As Dao followers what do you think we can do to help this disaster? Give us some ideas to help solve this problem. I know what I have done, but I want to hear what others think. 

Everyone should please stop talking about Climate Change. That's not the problem, it's a symptom, your thread title doesn't address the real issue: humans are destroying the Planet Earth.

58 minutes ago, KuroShiro said:

Everyone should please stop talking about Climate Change. That's not the problem, it's a symptom, your thread title doesn't address the real issue: humans are destroying the Planet Earth.

And what was destroying it prior to humans?  

I hope most know that the climate is/was always changing... easy to google it :P

For the record... I'm not against climate change... it can change all it wants ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, joeblast said:

Wow, so not only are they trying to eliminate the cold periods in the past, but now they're downplaying the number of scientists who were alarmist about things cooling off too much as well :lol:

fkn progressivism, man.  rewrite all of history, throw the old books out.  you dont need to know any of that, we'll tell you everything you need to know.

lmao dynamic!  yeah, dynamically getting smaller per ppm as it rises - but wait that still means runaway heat engine :lol: 

its kinda funny watching AGW jump the shark so hard

You either don't understand or don't read posts.  What I wrote was referring to what windwalker referred to, the 1970's theory that global cooling was beginning.  I put an article by the man who felt responsible for that theory, who explained why he thought it, why it was wrong, and why he was alarmed at global climate change. 

It was a good article by a climate scientist.  I was hoping windwalker would read it, but he didn't and ofcourse you hah.  One of the charts you put down, I traced it back the article, then the people doing Mauder and he would not approve of the chart being to deny climate change, ie he pointed out that when there were fewer sunspots the earth still suffered mini ice age.  Thus in his mind, the researcher, the link was not clear. 

I was going write it up but, research is wasted on you, cause you wouldn't read it and you'd laugh at it.  Cause thats your sad way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dawei said:

And what was destroying it prior to humans?  

I hope most know that the climate is/was always changing... easy to google it :P

For the record... I'm not against climate change... it can change all it wants ;)

Specious argument! Of course the climate of the biosphere changes and if it were static, then life would not exist. If you have read any of the posts here that are based on sound science, it is absolutely clear that human activity is the variable that is responsible for the rapid dynamic changes in the biosphere i.e, CO2 from fossil fuels and methane hydrate ( CH4).

56 minutes ago, thelerner said:

You either don't understand or don't read posts.  What I wrote was referring to what windwalker referred to, the 1970's theory that global cooling was beginning.  I put an article by the man who felt responsible for that theory, who explained why he thought it, why it was wrong, and why he was alarmed at global climate change. 

It was a good article by a climate scientist.  I was hoping windwalker would read it, but he didn't and ofcourse you hah.  One of the charts you put down, I traced it back the article, then the people doing Mauder and he would not approve of the chart being to deny climate change, ie he pointed out that when there were fewer sunspots the earth still suffered mini ice age.  Thus in his mind, the researcher, the link was not clear. 

I was going write it up but, research is wasted on you, cause you wouldn't read it and you'd laugh at it.  Cause thats your sad way.

He is pissed that Dr. James Hansen dissed his belief that solar radiation is the primary cause of AGW and he refuses to let it go. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thelerner said:

33 minutes ago, ralis said:

He is pissed that Dr. James Hansen dissed his belief that solar radiation is the primary cause of AGW and he refuses to let it go. 

After seeing how multiple people here seem to think they know more from Google searches and others take them more seriously than someone who actually lived and still lives in those countries affected by climate change (in addition to being part of my own prior work before), I think it's a useless attempt to even try to have civil discourse here.

The Internet is full of know-it-alls and no one in this country I am sitting in now cares that some people have the privilege to deny climate change because we're too busy dealing with it here. I just survived a 6.1 earthquake here on Monday and somehow I end up reading this garbage. 

Let them play their little games. Some people need to play make-believe while the rest of the world needs to act, and sadly, those playing make-believe are the ones causing most damage not just with their carbon footprint, but the spread of misinformation with disinformation.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thelerner said:

ie he pointed out that when there were fewer sunspots the earth still suffered mini ice age. 

i.e. you dont really even know what you're arguing, do you

56 minutes ago, ralis said:

Specious argument! Of course the climate of the biosphere changes and if it were static, then life would not exist. If you have read any of the posts here that are based on sound science, it is absolutely clear that human activity is the variable that is responsible for the rapid dynamic changes in the biosphere i.e, CO2 from fossil fuels and methane hydrate ( CH4).

what's absolutely clear is that the signal is not properly distinguished from the noise

52 minutes ago, ralis said:

no, I asked him after searching through his repertoire of papers, why so few of them discussed the sun - and his response was to link me to a single article that tangentially mentioned TSI before moving on to trying to explain to me that his calculations proved that humans have a bigger effect on the climate than the sun does.

13 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

After seeing how multiple people here seem to think they know more from Google searches and others take them more seriously than someone who actually lived and still lives in those countries affected by climate change (in addition to being part of my own prior work before), I think it's a useless attempt to even try to have civil discourse here.

The Internet is full of know-it-alls and no one in this country I am sitting in now cares that some people have the privilege to deny climate change because we're too busy dealing with it here. I just survived a 6.1 earthquake here on Monday and somehow I end up reading this garbage. 

Let them play their little games. Some people need to play make-believe while the rest of the world needs to act, and sadly, those playing make-believe are the ones causing most damage not just with their carbon footprint, but the spread of misinformation with disinformation.

I lived somewhere that experienced climate change ergo I believe is like saying dont tell me what happened on 911, I was in new york that day!

and the 6.1 you experienced, that proves what?  jack and shit.  that doesnt prove you are "dealing with climate change," that's a red herring reason to believe in the bastardization of science and appeal to authority taking precedence over the scientific method.

Its useless for you guys to attempt to debate without using logical fallacy, sorry earl its on display hardcore and it doesnt stop.

1 minute ago, joeblast said:

i.e. you dont really even know what you're arguing, do you

what's absolutely clear is that the signal is not properly distinguished from the noise

no, I asked him after searching through his repertoire of papers, why so few of them discussed the sun - and his response was to link me to a single article that tangentially mentioned TSI before moving on to trying to explain to me that his calculations proved that humans have a bigger effect on the climate than the sun does.

I lived somewhere that experienced climate change ergo I believe is like saying dont tell me what happened on 911, I was in new york that day!

and the 6.1 you experienced, that proves what?  jack and shit.  that doesnt prove you are "dealing with climate change," that's a red herring reason to believe in the bastardization of science and appeal to authority taking precedence over the scientific method.

Its useless for you guys to attempt to debate without using logical fallacy, sorry earl its on display hardcore and it doesnt stop.

Get a life. Seriously. Out.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Get a life. Seriously. Out.

yep, that's about the extent of the climate argument - if the fallacies arent accepted, stomp feet and leave room.  happens in politics, too.

59 minutes ago, joeblast said:

yep, that's about the extent of the climate argument - if the fallacies arent accepted, stomp feet and leave room.  happens in politics, too.

I have never had any interaction with you before this (you’ve previously had the sense to keep your mouth shut) and frankly I do not have any interest in interacting further. What you call a logical fallacy dismissing my life experience is actually called “gaslighting”, a common form of abuse and bullying tactic for arguments, which you appear to lack the maturity or decency to consider as you’re focused on trying (and failing) to be funny (or original for that matter).

A part of me thought that the Internet would be a place for discussion of ideas and increase of knowledge and understanding. Yet the pride and absolutely no uncertainty from individuals with zero self-awareness and zero life experience demonstrate to me that perhaps humanity deserves what is coming through climate change and the current populist world order, among other things.

I shall “stomp off in a hissy fit” because it’s a lot better to leave an argument upon realizing that talking sense to a fool leads to him calling you foolish (so said Sophocles), but to continue debating needlessly is to let people watching decide that not only are both of you fools for trying to argue, but have also both become idiots for continuing to argue.

Edited by Earl Grey

bye felicia, have fun experiencing climate change wherever you look

Edited by joeblast
if you dont want to get called out on fallacies, dont use them