2ndchance

Martial Artists or Qigong Masters who practise Meditation

Hey all, I like to know any Martial Artists and/or Qigong Masters who also practise Static Meditations.

Shaolin Martial Artists Meditators, Tendai Martial Artists Meditators, Zen Martial Artists Meditators are some people whom I like to connect with.

I am also interested in knowing Qigong Masters who practise Meditations of all types.

Looking forward to all your inputs. 

Thanks.

My primary practice used to be martial arts with meditation secondary. That is now reversed for me. Meditation is far more important in my life, martial arts not so much. 

11 hours ago, 2ndchance said:

Martial Artists and/or Qigong Masters who also practise Static Meditations.

I think my Martial Arts has evolved into Static Meditations.

While at the same time, my Static Meditations are actually doing what I used to do with Martial Arts.

Doing both for so long - they reversed and disappeared.

I am surprised now when I see them at all.

But I know they are still there, like the back of my knees are.

Because that's how the backs of my knees were built.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 2

This just my  greenhorn, Chris Farely  stumbling down the mountain  way of understanding...but does that mean static posture is the missing link as far as power development and cultivation of self is concerned?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zorro Dantes said:

This just my  greenhorn, Chris Farely  stumbling down the mountain  way of understanding...but does that mean static posture is the missing link as far as power development and cultivation of self is concerned?

My martial arts teacher used to say that if you want to develop real power, practice taijiquan; and if you want to take your taijiqian to the next level, practice meditation.

• Like 1

Something like taijiquan can be a meditation in and by itself. It is called meditation in movement and if someone can meditate deeply during the taijiquan form, they’re doing very well from all aspects of meditation.

3 hours ago, Zorro Dantes said:

power development and cultivation of self

I think that you will find these to be polar opposites.

MANY start out looking for "Power".

When they get that, they eventually see what that really means.

That's when "Cultivation of Self" begins.

Because the first idea of "Power" is almost always a False Idea of it.

And "Cultivation of Self" is all there really is for anyone to do, and will produce the only real "Power" they will actually "obtain"

And that "Power" will be exactly NOT what the first idea was about.

-Vonkrankenhaus

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zorro Dantes said:

My teachers called ZZ/standing meditation the "keys to the system" (any internal system).  Too bad for me, I never enjoyed it... I'd rather move around!  But I've stood enough to see the power that lies in it...

• Like 3

On 2/4/2019 at 1:30 PM, Fa Xin said:

There’s many of us here. Any specific questions ?

Yes, I am looking for any practitioners who practice and even combine various teachings of Daoism, Buddhism, Soft Martial Arts, Neigong chinese breathing chinese meditation, Neidang internal alchemy etc of the various schools of spiritualities in Tibet and China.

I am looking to incorporate various practices from Tibet, China, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, South Korea, Mongolia .. Many years ago, I sense the underlying common energies beneath the various practices from these regions but I was unable to tap into it until now..

On 13/02/2019 at 12:33 AM, 2ndchance said:

Soft Martial Arts, chinese breathing chinese meditation, Neidang internal alchemy

What are these ^^

Chinese breathing ????

Do the Chinese breathe differently to other nationalities ???