nunya

Old lady / new member introducing herself

Hello, Nunya, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Hi Nunya,

50's not old!  Anyway, the "healer" doing that without you knowing/permission isn't cool in my book.  I hope you find some answers and guidance on here. Welcome :)

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

• Like 2

Welcome, Nunya...

Glad you found your way here...

You can connect with a number of avenues for opening up your energetic body here...

Try searching the archives... (using Google is often more effective than the site search.)

Enjoy the exploration!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, nunya said:

Because I'm a rule follower, I'm doing as instructed and introducing myself. 

Last year I met with a spiritual teacher for a healing. I had no doubt of his abilities because I saw flashes of light in my mind's eye when around him and had morse code tinnitus ringing in my ears.

At the end of the healing, he asked what I wanted more than anything and I told him that I wanted to know God and what happens when we die. 

Without warning or asking permission, he came around behind me and whacked my spine in several places. The next day I had a partial kundalini awakening.

What has it awoken me to? The fact that this teacher is unethical and dark, extremely powerful and that the esoteric things I've believed in over the years exist. More than that, I'd prefer not to elaborate on with people who don't know me. 

Who am I? A 50 year old woman who doesn't understand the purpose of her kundalini awakening or how to open up her energetic body more.  

Why Tao? Because the 'healer' is a Taoist magician, and I believe qi gong and nei gong might hold some of the answers to my experience. 

I look forward to reading some of the posts and hopefully gaining insight into the rabbit hole I've fallen into. 

Thanks! 

Hi Nunya,

Welcome to the Taobums. You are currently open and receptive at the heart, but not yet really transmitting. What the Tao magician did was send an energy pulse into your energy body/system. Since you are not yet transmitting, you were not able to to release the excess from his transmission.  That overflow spilled over into your mind and created the kundalini effects that you described. Maybe think of it like you were already doing it subconsciously, and his excess energy pushed it so that it was more easily noticed by your conscious mind.  In Taoist terms you could say that you are currently too yin, and need to balance with more yang.

The energy transmission that the Taoist magician sent was similar to a strong reiki treatment in power. I do not know if your teacher is dark or not, but your experience may also just be a product of your overload from the imbalance as described above. Also, there is a lot of confusions and misunderstanding when people talk about the Kundalini and the meaning of it. Kundalini is more of a hindu concept and not part of Taoist, Buddhist, etc... thinking.  Maybe better to say that you are now part of the top 8-10% of the population who experiences the underlying energy in some way.  While it can be scary, in the broader perspective it is all good stuff.

Feel free to ask any questions. But in general, if your healer/teacher cant explain things in easy to understand terms, they may not really have the knowledge/expertise to be doing it.

Best,

Jeff

• Like 7

On 12/20/2018 at 10:21 AM, nunya said:

Because I'm a rule follower, I'm doing as instructed and introducing myself. 

Last year I met with a spiritual teacher for a healing. I had no doubt of his abilities because I saw flashes of light in my mind's eye when around him and had morse code tinnitus ringing in my ears.

At the end of the healing, he asked what I wanted more than anything and I told him that I wanted to know God and what happens when we die. 

Without warning or asking permission, he came around behind me and whacked my spine in several places. The next day I had a partial kundalini awakening.

What has it awoken me to? The fact that this teacher is unethical and dark, extremely powerful and that the esoteric things I've believed in over the years exist. More than that, I'd prefer not to elaborate on with people who don't know me. 

Who am I? A 50 year old woman who doesn't understand the purpose of her kundalini awakening or how to open up her energetic body more.  

Why Tao? Because the 'healer' is a Taoist magician, and I believe qi gong and nei gong might hold some of the answers to my experience. 

I look forward to reading some of the posts and hopefully gaining insight into the rabbit hole I've fallen into. 

Thanks! 

Hello! and welcome to the rabbit hole.

That's an interesting story!  At 50 years you may qualify for the youth wing of DaoBums :)

Your teacher sounds quite intriguing really.  Dark and unethical!  Well I think you've come to the right place to talk about your experiences - and about qi gong/ nei gong.

Hope you enjoy your stay here,

A.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Yeah - 72 year old lady here.  You're in the right place.  My kundalini energy is still with me after 15 years and I find it a bit bothersome.  I wish it would just explode out of my head already.  I look at my tinnitus as the sound of universal energy and it makes it a bit more tolerable.

• Like 4

Hi Nunya!

Great to have u here!

I am no expert in Kundalini ...but my understanding from Master Clyman is that Kundalini only concerns itself with the "up" but never the "down". Thus, it can lead to massie  imbalances in the individual. 

Hope that helps.

It’s great to have you here!

Astounding given that you are Five Decades Old !

We have several Astounding “individuals” that have reach such an advanced age. According to my abacus 🧮 the numbers are in the hundreds! (It is an Ancient hidden society - recently made public because of anti-hidden society laws)

I hope you are sleeping better and don’t have racing energy or pulsing here and there.

Popping someone’s back channels la di da like that actually is quite easy and a cheap trick that might have you believing it takes great power to do so.

A bit like a sucker punch - a unexpected whack to an open system.

Dont start fearing someone like this - quite a bozo.

On the bright side - you can stop believing and start knowing about what you already know!

The beliefs can be the biggest wall.

Start with Breathing into your abdomen and smiling more than usual.

All the best!

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 3