Patrick Brown

The Brexit Thread

It's all those onions! 

Just ordered my 'yellow vest', it's the latest fashion you know!! Figure I'll wear it around town just to be provocative although almost everybody where I am are remoaners. More the reason to make a statement perhaps?!  

• Haha 1

OK as I watch tens of fires have been started, cars over turned, boats set of fire etc. The stream once finished will be available to review. When the above stream finishes other streams may become available if the protest is on going, simply search 'Paris Live' on YouTube. 

Whilst it is true that the Yellow Vest unrest is still going strong in Paris, fuelled by anti Macron feeling; it were well to remember that Emmanuel Macron is the Trendy Lefty who was elected as President of France as recently as 2017.

The main opposition, Marine Le Penn, pointed out in no uncertain manner what could be expected from such an establishment figure were he to assume power and yet he won the popular vote. Now that the predictions have come to pass with a vengeance the silent majority are suddenly up in arms.

The likes of Macron will be in no hurry to relinquish power however and I do not doubt that he still enjoys the full support of his masters in Brussels - at least until a replacement can be found whom the populous can be hoodwinked into supporting.

In all of this you must not forget that the E.U. gives not a damn for the citizens or even governments of individual nations so long as they remain subservient to the E.U. The U.K. has given them a bit of a shock but the mess that Prime Drip May is making of Brexit has probably proved comforting to the Brussels Mandarins and even now they are sat rubbing their hands and waiting for us to return cap in hand to rejoin the fold.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Patrick Brown said:

OK as I watch tens of fires have been started, cars over turned, boats set of fire etc. The stream once finished will be available to review. When the above stream finishes other streams may become available if the protest is on going, simply search 'Paris Live' on YouTube. 

Very little of this is appearing on main stream t.v. in the UK and one can but wonder how such unrest in the capitol city of our nearest European neighbour can be overlooked in the midst of Brexit. :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chang said:

Very little of this is appearing on main stream t.v. in the UK and one can but wonder how such unrest in the capitol city of our nearest European neighbour can be overlooked in the midst of Brexit. :D

I'm waiting for a media blackout where even the YouTube streams go offline! I doubt they will but it's certainly warming up in Paris tonight! 

40 minutes ago, Patrick Brown said:

There's been a few minor scuffles in London as well although I think the numbers of protesters are really low at the moment:

the police are wearing yellow vests which could be confusing!

• Haha 1

So anyway the whole Brexit thing will kick off again tomorrow I assume when Parliament returns.  Can't wait.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Apech said:

the police are wearing yellow vests which could be confusing!

Well with any luck the police will beat each other up!

1 minute ago, Apech said:

So anyway the whole Brexit thing will kick off again tomorrow I assume when Parliament returns.  Can't wait.

Yes Christmas has finally arrived, I asked Santa for a yellow vest and a can of petrol!! :rolleyes:

I wasn't there, in London, but I'm sure it went something like this:

"A lackey of the system eh, oppressing the citizens of this country while you mindlessly obey your masters? Get out of my face PIG!"

NINTCHDBPICT000459760911.jpg?w=960

More than 200 MPs from various parties have signed a letter urging the government to take the prospect of a no-deal Brexit off the table.

The politicians are from the Conservative, Labour, Liberal Democrat, SNP and Plaid Cymru parties and the letter was written by Meriden MP Caroline Spelman and Birmingham Erdington MP Jack Dromey.

The group is concerned about the effect of a no-deal Brexit on the manufacturing industry.

They wrote: "The renaissance of manufacturing and its supply chains in this country, bolstered by demand for exports, has markedly improved the lives of our constituents.

"The principal market for these exports has been the European Union.

Read in full: https://news.sky.com/story/more-than-200-mps-want-pm-to-rule-out-no-deal-brexit-11600823

This is asking for trouble! 

2 hours ago, Patrick Brown said:

This is asking for trouble! 

It is a dance called the Westminster gavotte.  Complex, hideous and sickening to witness :)

the-castle-gavotte.jpg

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Patrick Brown said:

And the question still remains do with want to be entangled within the EU as it's on the verge of imploding? 

We're not in the Euro-zone and never have been.

• Like 1