Patrick Brown

The Brexit Thread

6 minutes ago, Apech said:

We're not in the Euro-zone and never have been.

Ah OK so that's just about the Euro and not the EU then? It did get a bit complicated but was interesting as the chap basically said private banks have got us all by the balls. He did seem to suggest that a lot of, what is apparently more to do with the euro (now I'm enlightened), is controlled by the London banking system.

He also yapped on about how QE in Europe/EU is just asking for trouble down the road, possibly this year, and that a hard Brexit might start the domino effect!   

- Patrick Scratches Head - :huh:

17 minutes ago, Patrick Brown said:

Ah OK so that's just about the Euro and not the EU then? It did get a bit complicated but was interesting as the chap basically said private banks have got us all by the balls. He did seem to suggest that a lot of, what is apparently more to do with the euro (now I'm enlightened), is controlled by the London banking system.

He also yapped on about how QE in Europe/EU is just asking for trouble down the road, possibly this year, and that a hard Brexit might start the domino effect!   

- Patrick Scratches Head - :huh:

Of course QE and the ending of QE within the Eurozone will affect the UK economy - but that will happen whether we Brexit or not.

We are all heading for a recession probably starting later this year I think.  A kind of adjustment to the adjustment of austerity and post-austerity - which were in any case sticking plasters over an ailing economy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Apech said:

We are all heading for a recession probably starting later this year I think.  A kind of adjustment to the adjustment of austerity and post-austerity - which were in any case sticking plasters over an ailing economy.

Yep that's what the chap said.

As for the Anna Soubry thing, and I quote from the Guardian article above:

"The former Labour leader Ed Miliband said the incidents were “deeply disturbing” and urged the authorities to take action."

:lol:

Just now, Patrick Brown said:

Yep that's what the chap said.

As for the Anna Soubry thing, and I quote from the Guardian article above:

"The former Labour leader Ed Miliband said the incidents were “deeply disturbing” and urged the authorities to take action."

:lol:

Why do they think she is a Nazi?  To be honest I don't know who she is.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Apech said:

Why do they think she is a Nazi?

Perhaps they know something we don't!  

8 minutes ago, Apech said:

To be honest I don't know who she is.

It's that barmaid from the Cock & Bull. 

• Like 1

Of course Soubry could be in cahoots with the French PM in a plan for world domination!

France to crack down on unsanctioned protests

French Prime Minister Edouard Philippe has announced plans to punish people who hold unsanctioned protests after seven weeks of anti-government unrest.

His government wants to draft new legislation that will ban troublemakers from protests and clamp down on the wearing of masks at demonstrations.

He said 80,000 members of the security forces would be deployed for the next expected wave of protests.

Protesters smashed down the gates to a government office this weekend.

In other chaotic scenes in Paris, demonstrators fought riot police, and cars and motorbikes were burnt.

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46788751

1 hour ago, Apech said:

Why do they think she is a Nazi?  To be honest I don't know who she is.

Soubry is a particularly vocal and unpleasant Tory Member of Parliament supporting continued membership of the E.U. by the U.K. That she would receive abuse from Brexiteer protesters outside parliament is hardly surprising.

It should be noted that whilst I find the woman detestable I can in no way excuse such abusive behaviour by the protesters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patrick Brown said:

Of course Soubry could be in cahoots with the French PM in a plan for world domination!

Knowing the French a few 100,000 will appear wearing masks - saying arrest all of us.

• Like 1

Just now, Chang said:

Soubry is a particularly vocal and unpleasant Tory Member of Parliament supporting continued membership of the E.U. by the U.K. That she would receive abuse from Brexiteer protesters outside parliament is hardly surprising.

It should be noted that whilst I find the woman detestable I can in no way excuse such abusive behaviour by the protesters.

Ok but what makes her a Nazi?  Is it that she is literally Hitler? or something.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Apech said:

Ok but what makes her a Nazi?  Is it that she is literally Hitler? or something.

I think some people feel that she's a lackey of the EU therefore trying to push through what many see as a dictatorship disguised as a democratic union that will soon be a federation controlled by Germany hence the Nazi jibe. I might be wrong as I'm pretty thick but... 

23 minutes ago, Apech said:

The writing's been on the wall for for quite a while and shouldn't surprise anybody. Looks like it's perfect timing for us to leave and keep the 39 billion! It'll be interesting to see how much they try and blame this slow down on Brexit and the UK? 

If we remember the photo above of the guy fronting the policeman we might've thought we'd seen him before. His name is James Goddard and apparently he's been outside Westminster everyday since November 2018. I'm about to watch this interview as I'm intrigued to hear what James motivations are.

Edited by Patrick Brown
I thought he was protesting since December but it's November 2018

This is amusing as I can't figure out who is supposed to be the fascist perhaps it's the person disguised as a Cossack? 

As for the 'Drone' surely that was at Westminster?  :lol:

_105110101_met9.jpg

6 hours ago, Patrick Brown said:

This is amusing as I can't figure out who is supposed to be the fascist perhaps it's the person disguised as a Cossack? 

As for the 'Drone' surely that was at Westminster?  :lol:

According to Speaker Bercow - calling someone a Nazi is fascism.  Figure that out.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Apech said:

According to Speaker Bercow - calling someone a Nazi is fascism.  Figure that out.

Nigel is making mince meat out of Bercow on his show!

I think there will be outrage if Bercow doesn't resign:

Thursday’s papers have gone after the Speaker of the House, John Bercow, whose decision to allow a vote giving Theresa May three days to present a Brexit “plan B” if her deal is defeated was considered at best “controversial” and at worst a demonstration of “flagrant prejudice”.

The prejudice line came form the Mail, which ran its story under the headline “Out of order!” and called Bercow an “egotistical preening popinjay [who] has shamelessly put his anti-Brexit bias before the national interest – and is a disgrace to his office”.

2500.jpg?width=1920&quality=85&auto=form

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jan/10/speaker-of-the-devil-what-the-papers-say-on-mays-latest-brexit-defeat

Edited by Patrick Brown

6 minutes ago, Apech said:

Three days seems a bit short for Plan B. (supposing there is a Plan B).

Three days? Perhaps she's planning on ascending to heaven or something!

Well this could work in the Brexiteers favour if May just says we're leaving on WTO rules and that's that. Of course they'd be an uproar but the fact is that we're leaving one way or another and not to do so will simply fuel the possibility of civil unrest. 

1 hour ago, Patrick Brown said:

Three days? Perhaps she's planning on ascending to heaven or something!

Well this could work in the Brexiteers favour if May just says we're leaving on WTO rules and that's that. Of course they'd be an uproar but the fact is that we're leaving one way or another and not to do so will simply fuel the possibility of civil unrest. 

They've already passed some legislation which prevents May from changing Tax laws without going back to Parliament - which essentially prohibits a Hard Brexit until this has happened.

It's obvious that certain factions in Parliament spent the Christmas break plotting - it is taking away control from the Government to prevent hard Brexiteers having influence - I wouldn't be surprised if May is secretly collaborating - as it leaves only her deal and remain as the two options that go to a second referendum ... maybe.  The idea of Parliament exerting control in the case of a weak government is interesting.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Apech said:

They've already passed some legislation which prevents May from changing Tax laws without going back to Parliament - which essentially prohibits a Hard Brexit until this has happened.

Ah, OK I didn't realise the implications as most reporters said it didn't really make any difference. As for plotting that's a taken but we're not seeing much from the leave camp at the mo which is somewhat disheartening. 

We need someone with a ton of money to stand up and do a 'Gina Miller' for the Brexiteers, god I can't stick that women! 

- Patrick Shudders - :wacko: