Patrick Brown

The Brexit Thread

The worst thing which could come out of this is if we end up with a trade deal with the USA which opens us up to the absolute horrors of American agriculture and food. Chlorinated chicken, hormone injected beef, GM crops, all at cut price , the only down side is the long term health and welfare of the future of all our future generations. An abundance of unnatural chemicals and hormones pumped into our bloodstreams in the name of freedom.

After which the American pharmaceutical companies will start pimping their drugs to us at inflated prices in the name of health promotion. 

I just pray that we are entrenched enough in the EU that we can can be saved from such a situation. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jetsun said:

The worst thing which could come out of this is if we end up with a trade deal with the USA which opens us up to the absolute horrors of American agriculture and food. Chlorinated chicken, hormone injected beef, GM crops, all at cut price , the only down side is the long term health and welfare of the future of all our future generations. An abundance of unnatural chemicals and hormones pumped into our bloodstreams in the name of freedom.

After which the American pharmaceutical companies will start pimping their drugs to us at inflated prices in the name of health promotion. 

I just pray that we are entrenched enough in the EU that we can can be saved from such a situation. 

It's not as if we're going to be restricted to trading just with the USA! It's highly probably that even with a hard Brexit we'll continue to trade with the EU but if they want to cut off their noise then there's the rest of the world to trade with isn't there? If we stay in the EU 'dictatorship' we'll be forced to buy from EU countries at the higher EU tariffs whereas if we were outside we get to choose the best deal from every nation on the planet!! Hey it's not always about price but for many items price does win out. 

As for chicken and beef, well people should eat less of it anyway and the government should give organic farming in the UK financial incentives to help them grow. Hey if people are given a choice of eating shit or quality I don't see a problem as long as quality meat isn't overly priced.

I don't see any negative for a hard (WTO) Brexit as we, literally, gain the world from it. All the developing countries will soon be power houses of production and they will undercut the EU as well as want our products so the future looks much brighter outside the EU.

And I'll say it again if the EU doesn't want to trade I don't see a problem we'll just go else where.   

20 hours ago, Chang said:

We find ourselves in something of a hiatus at the moment and all of our musings in this thread are really nothing more than conjecture.

Things will pick up again after the so called meaningful vote on Tuesday but I for one expect only more nonsense and bullshit from the establishment.

For those of you who are interested in this "Meaningful" vote on Brexit this may be worth a shufti https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/explainers/parliament-meaningful-vote-brexit

This link does suggest that one of the future political motions could well be along the lines of having no hard Brexit, and I feel that this will be carried. If this happens then I think remain becomes the most likely final out come.

As it would leave May's deal as the only viable option to leave the EU, which will get voted down.

Phillip Hammond has already said the three options are Hard Brexit, Mays' deal, or remain.

Now, Rudd has started touting a Norway plus deal instead of May's, where we still allow freedom of movement and pay into the EU. The other aspect of this is that it is kind of what Corbyn wants.

But, the EU are suggesting that they wont allow this.

Which is slowly taking us back to another referendum. The key thing here, is that if a hard Brexit has been ruled out by parliament, then the two options on the paper will be May's deal or remain.

And I can't see there being enough support for her deal ...

Whilst we are waffling on about if's and may's the Frenchies are once again rioting in central Paris. The only question we should be asking ourselves is whether we wish to be wedded to a European Union that is rotting from within at an ever increasing rate of knots.

Like most of Europe our politicians are weak and pathetic, we can expect little good from them. More laughs to come in the week ahead chaps.

1220181204028284107124.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chang said:

Whilst we are waffling on about if's and may's the Frenchies are once again rioting in central Paris. The only question we should be asking ourselves is whether we wish to be wedded to a European Union that is rotting from within at an ever increasing rate of knots.

Like most of Europe our politicians are weak and pathetic, we can expect little good from them. More laughs to come in the week ahead chaps.

1220181204028284107124.jpg

Also those French seem to misunderstand cars.  They turn them upside down and stand on them.  They're not going anywhere that way!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Patrick Brown said:

Get your yellow vest's here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/high-visability-vest/132804218547?hash=item1eebbf8eb3:g:WtMAAOSwNtZbc0au:rk:7:pf:0

No I won't be going to London tomorrow as that's designed to create negativity before the vote. I'll be going when the real action starts and the government needs hanging!! 

Close the curtains - Special Branch are surveilling your house.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Patrick Brown said:

RT's stream has ended but here The Sun's (!) stream:

Looks as if RT's stream has started again:

Once the European Army is up and running they will be able to sort this sort of thing our fairly sharpish.:lol:

Edited by Chang
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chang said:

once the European Army is up and running they will be able to sort this sort of thing our fairly sharpish.:lol:

Well it looks as if they have army vehicles there already! 

13 minutes ago, Patrick Brown said:

Well it looks as if they have army vehicles there already! 

The Compagnies Républicaines de Sécurité, abbreviated CRS, the general reserve of the French National Police. These will be their vehicles. They are most famous as the French riot police and were once thought of as a useful bunch for quelling riotous behaviour. In recent incidents of racial unrest in major French cities they have proved ineffectual being light handed and frightened to get stuck in. As most of the yellow jackets appear to be white we may see a greater use of violence however. Plenty of laughs still to come chaps.:ph34r::lol:

• Like 1

Found this in the Grauniad:

The charter

A charter of gilets jaunes’ “suggestions to end this crisis” has been circulating on Facebook. While far from “official” – the movement has no agreed representatives – it does illustrate the diverse, and sometimes contradictory, nature of their demands:

Economy/work A full review of taxation, with no citizen to be taxed at more than 25% of income; an immediate 40% increase in the minimum wage, pensions and benefits; “mass hirings” in the state sector to restore quality of services in hospitals, schools, etc; 5m new homes; make banks “smaller”.

Politics France’s constitution to be rewritten “by the people and for the interests of the people”; lobbying to be banned; France should leave the EU; recover €80bn lost to tax evasion each year; halt and/or reverse all privatisations; removal of “useless” speed cameras; reform of education system, removal of all “ideologies”; quadruple budget of judicial system, which must be simplified, free and accessible for all; break up media monopolies and end cosy relationship between media and the political class; open media up to the people.

Health/environment 10-year guarantee on products to end planned obsolescence; ban plastic bottles; limit power of pharmaceutical companies; ban GM foods, carcinogenic pesticides, monoculture; reindustrialise France to reduce imports and therefore pollution.

Geopolitics Pull France out of Nato and foreign wars; end the plunder of French-speaking Africa; prevent migration flows that cannot be welcomed or integrated given current “civilisational crisis”; scrupulous respect for international law and engagements.

Edited by Apech
mindless chaos
  • Like 2

Yes the people are generally not very happy but it all started because of the increase in fuel prices and has kinda grown into what it is. No expert but it just seems to be the same all over the modern world. Basically people have had enough of being treated like slaves. 

3 minutes ago, Patrick Brown said:

Yes they would burn stuff but they can't afford the fuel prices! :rolleyes:

From the live feed they appear to be trying to break into a sports shop to rob some trainers - or possibly jogging pants given the phrase sans-culottes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Apech said:

Frexit!!!!

General unrest and unhapiness felt by native Europeans towards the European Tyrany or E.U. as it likes to call itself. Please note that the media in general are careful in their reporting and tend towards identifying the rioters as fuel price protesters or at worse anti Macron. Fair enough as regards Macron who is simply an E.U. puppet. Poor Ms Merkel must be ill at ease in her bed at night,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Apech said:

From the live feed they appear to be trying to break into a sports shop to rob some trainers - or possibly jogging pants given the phrase sans-culottes.

I had to look that up as I'm somewhat ignorant. No I think they're just really keen to get the latest iPhone! Kid's hey what they like!! :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Patrick Brown said:

I had to look that up as I'm somewhat ignorant. No I think they're just really keen to get the latest iPhone! Kid's hey what they like!! :lol:

Sacre bleu you ignorant Ingleesh man!  Do you know nothing of ze grande histoire de France!

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Chang said:

General unrest and unhapiness felt by native Europeans towards the European Tyrany or E.U. as it likes to call itself. Please note that the media in general are careful in their reporting and tend towards identifying the rioters as fuel price protesters or at worse anti Macron. Fair enough as regards Macron who is simply an E.U. puppet. Poor Ms Merkel must be ill at ease in her bed at night,

She's going to be replaced by an AKK (which is not an assault rifle apparently).

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Chang said:

Please note that the media in general are careful in their reporting and tend towards identifying the rioters as fuel price protesters or at worse anti Macron. Fair enough as regards Macron who is simply an E.U. puppet. Poor Ms Merkel must be ill at ease in her bed at night,

Yeah the media are playing it down or simply not reporting it. Of course as we're in the modern world so we can watch it unfold on youtube although it's all rather tedious. 

I really do think this kind of thing will happen in London if our government takes the piss, which they will, but it will be much, much worse than what's going on in France.