Patrick Brown

The Brexit Thread

3 minutes ago, Apech said:

She's going to be replaced by an AKK (which is not an assault rifle apparently).

Heaven forbid that a mere man should take up the reins of government. Annegret is more left wing than Angela, as regards the economy at least. I do not expect her to have anywhere near the longevity of her predecessor and her reign may well be filled with woe. Keep laughing chaps.

images.jpg

Edited by Chang
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chang said:

Heaven forbid that a mere man should take up the reins of government.

images.jpg

I'm tempted to say she's more of a man than you are :)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chang said:

Heaven forbid that a mere man should take up the reins of government.

images.jpg

I'm telling you straight that is not the messiah! 

It's the Christian democrat party or something! Fooking loonies! 

Rene, Rene why are you wearing zat yellow jacket?

Silly woman!  Zere is a riot going on.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Patrick Brown said:

I'm telling you straight that is not the messiah! 

It's the Christian democrat party or something! Fooking loonies! 

Here is a photograph of a younger Annegret looking more feminist and trendy lefty. She will be like an exorcet missile. You can see her coming but can't get out of the way.

KAS-Kramp-Karrenbauer,_Annegret-Bild-2610-6.jpg

2 minutes ago, Apech said:

Rene, Rene why are you wearing zat yellow jacket?

Silly woman!  Zere is a riot going on.

You're cracking me up, sooo funny! :lol:

mm00213140.jpg?width=450

5 minutes ago, Chang said:

Here is a photograph of a younger Annegret looking more feminist and trendy lefty. She will be like an exorcet missile. You can see her coming but can't get out of the way.

KAS-Kramp-Karrenbauer,_Annegret-Bild-2610-6.jpg

Does Annegret rhyme with Regret?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Patrick Brown said:

By the way the France 24 stream above (in english) is really very good. 

yeah I used to watch France 24 in English a while a go - its actually a good news channel.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Apech said:

yeah I used to watch France 24 in English a while a go - its actually a good news channel.

Well the live streams have stopped and France 24 just said the riot is under control! So is it? Hmm always suspicious of the media as we have all experienced media blackouts. Of course it happened a lot more often in the old days when we forgot to put a shilling in the meter!! 

43 minutes ago, Patrick Brown said:

Well the live streams have stopped and France 24 just said the riot is under control! So is it? Hmm always suspicious of the media as we have all experienced media blackouts. Of course it happened a lot more often in the old days when we forgot to put a shilling in the meter!! 

A shilling!  Half a crown more like.

Do you think Brexit will bring back the old coinage.  I can still remember when things were priced for things like 1 pound 19 sh. and eleven pence three farthing.

• Haha 1

Brexiteers marching through London will have little effect (I should really say no effect) on Tuesdays vote in parliament. It will also receive little coverage in the media.

One thing that I will say for these demonstaters though is that they are at the very least woken to the fact that the Government does not represent them or their interests.

Talking of Tuesdays vote I am amazed that no one has yet commented on the sad fact that it is called the "meaningful vote." The funnies are coming thick and fast chaps.

• Like 1

This is a tiny march, Tommy Robinson and UKIP, and the bigger ones will come if the government keeps messing the people about. I wouldn't march with Tommy and many others wouldn't either. 

Edited by Patrick Brown

2 hours ago, Patrick Brown said:

This is a tiny march, Tommy Robinson and UKIP, and the bigger ones will come if the government keeps messing the people about. I wouldn't march with Tommy and many others wouldn't either. 

And herein lies a problem. The Brexiteers are divided and hence fail to have a united front.

The Remainiacs are also divided in views but all pull together in their united aim of keeping the U.K. with the European Tyrany. The Remainiacs also have the media and the establishment behind them.

Think on this.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chang said:

And herein lies a problem. The Brexiteers are divided and hence fail to have a united front.

The Remainiacs are also divided in views but all pull together in their united aim of keeping the U.K. with the European Tyrany. The Remainiacs also have the media and the establishment behind them.

Think on this.

This is true but if the government really don't do what the people voted for then I think we'll see very large Brexit protests. Of course anybody with a gripe will turn up to these large events, including thugs, and it will get nasty. The government know this and perhaps think they can ride the storm. Of course if the government are the cause of civil unrest for not doing what the people voted for they are, again, seen as corrupt and elitists and so the fires will rage even higher!  

Yes looks grim but who's right and who's wrong? :huh:

Edited by Patrick Brown

For balance!

Anti-racist marchers in London claim victory over far-right protest

Thousands of people massed outside BBC headquarters at Portland Place under the banner “No to Tommy Robinson; no to Fortress Britain” before marching through central London, via Trafalgar Square to the north end of Whitehall.

They had gathered to oppose a “Brexit betrayal” march led by Robinson – real name Stephen Yaxley-Lennon – and Ukip, in response to the deal brokered by Theresa May with the European commission. It began at Park Lane and made its way to the south end of Whitehall via Parliament Square.

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/dec/09/antiracist-marchers-in-london-claim-they-had-more-than-double-the-support-of-far-right-protest

Well it's not surprising the 'anti-racist' march was bigger as it was funded my the Labour party and London is full of ethnic minorities who probably had nothing better to do! I did watch some of the Brexit Betrayal march and there were a number of people from different cultures marching with Robinson. So I'm no fan of Robinson but I must say I didn't see, or hear, any racist vibe from the betrayal march so I'm not sure what the 'anti-racist' group proved other than they weren't at work! 

It's all kinda irreverent really as it seems as if the 'power's-that-be' are trying to paint everyone that opposes the 'dodgy deal' as a racist!!! Let them keep digging as people are not as dim as they think and this will only 'fuel' their anger!!! 

Edited by Patrick Brown

2 minutes ago, Patrick Brown said:

For balance!

Well it's not surprising the 'anti-racist' march was bigger as it was funded my the Labour party and London is full of ethnic minorities who probably had nothing better to do! I did watch some of the Brexit Betrayal march and there were a number of people form different cultures marching. So I'm no fan of Robinson but I must say it didn't see any racist vibe from the betrayal march so I'm not sure what the 'anti-racist' group proved other than they weren't at work! 

It's all kinda irreverent really as it seems as if the 'power's-that-be' are trying to paint everyone that opposes the 'dodgy deal' as a racist!!! Let them keep digging as people are not as dim as they think and this will only 'fuel' their anger!!! 

i watched a little of the March live on youtube and it wasn't that large - but there was no sign of the anti-protest - no violence and generally looked like normal people protesting.  the Guardian reported more on the antis and for the main march tried to pick out individual protestors to make them look bad and racist.  very biased reporting.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Apech said:

i watched a little of the March live on youtube and it wasn't that large - but there was no sign of the anti-protest - no violence and generally looked like normal people protesting.  the Guardian reported more on the antis and for the main march tried to pick out individual protestors to make them look bad and racist.  very biased reporting.

Yes that's what I thought and as said I'm no fan of Robinson. UKIP are dead as far as I'm concerned because, bizarrely, they are taking this 'anti Muslim' stance which has nothing to do with Brexit. To be honest it seems that it was a pitiful effort but it wasn't a true Brexit march because UKIP have imploded! Tommy Robinson hasn't done anything to help the Brexit cause and has simply destroyed UKIP so we might suspect that he's a shill!?  

1 hour ago, Patrick Brown said:

Yes that's what I thought and as said I'm no fan of Robinson. UKIP are dead as far as I'm concerned because, bizarrely, they are taking this 'anti Muslim' stance which has nothing to do with Brexit. To be honest it seems that it was a pitiful effort but it wasn't a true Brexit march because UKIP have imploded! Tommy Robinson hasn't done anything to help the Brexit cause and has simply destroyed UKIP so we might suspect that he's a shill!?  

I have mixed feelings about Tommy Robinson.  But one thing is certain, the establishment and media have succeeded in making him into a martyr and much more influential than he really should be.  My understanding of UKIP is that it is actually expanding under Batten - and since the youtubers (Paul J. Watson, Sargon and Count dankula) joined it.  The split with Farage is I suspect something to do with him positioning himself in terms of a possible Tory collapse more than anything.  It is possible (but still unlikely I think) that Brexit will cause the Conservatives to implode and for a Brexit party to emerge, together with a Remain party which will suck a lot of Labour/centrist votes.  Actually this would more honestly reflect the state of the nation than left/right.  So maybe it would be a good thing.  After all even if we have a hard Brexit there's no saying - especially if there are a lot of problems at first - that this will be the end of it - there will still be a movement to rejoin.

• Like 1

Theresa May is to make a statement to MPs at 15:30 GMT amid reports Tuesday's vote on her Brexit deal is being delayed.

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46509288

Oh my! Get the sad sack out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes so she's figured out that when this 'dodgy deal' is voted down it will be the beginning of the chaos and violence! The most despised PM ever, fact!