Yosan

God as Self, Atman

3 hours ago, wandelaar said:

Questioning the double-slit experiment is questioning the facts.

Or possibly the interpretation of the facts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wandelaar said:

I'll be happy to start a separate topic about the double-slit experiment if anyone would like to explore its consequences.

Thanks but I can disagree here just as well as any other place.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Marblehead said:

You're welcome to join in.

I did indirectly but got rerouted.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 3bob said:

I did indirectly but got rerouted.

Funny.  I've experienced that many times during my lifetime.  Sometimes I turned around and walked away, other time I kept going back.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Funny.  I've experienced that many times during my lifetime.  Sometimes I turned around and walked away, other time I kept going back.

yea, just a phase shift in the local frequency along with getting hit by a big RF burst caused by a suddenly induced electromagnetic field from  electrons leaking across the dilithium crystals.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 3bob said:

a big RF burst

I worked around that stuff my entire Army career.  Can't begin to tell you how many times I have been zapped.

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

I worked around that stuff my entire Army career.  Can't begin to tell you how many times I have been zapped.

Interesting - did that have any immediately perceptible bodily and/or psychological effects?

Edited by wandelaar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wandelaar said:

Interesting - did that have any immediately perceptible bodily and/or psychological effects?

As far as I know, no.  There are stories about RF (radio frequency) burns causing all kinds of damage to one's body but as far as  know nothing has been scientifically proven.

But I promise, 500 watts of RF energy will get your attention.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

As far as I know, no.  There are stories about RF (radio frequency) burns causing all kinds of damage to one's body but as far as  know nothing has been scientifically proven.

But I promise, 500 watts of RF energy will get your attention.

true, more so with knowing the distance formula, something like twice the distance equals half the exposure but I'm not sure.

Btw. there have been a lot of studies about EMF around high voltage power-lines and their effect on humans,etc...

I worked around a lot of emf for years, metal shielding is supposed-to knock it down a lot.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 3bob said:

Btw. there have been a lot of studies about EMF around high voltage power-lines and their effect on humans,etc...

I worked around a lot of emf for years, metal shielding is supposed-to knock it down a lot.  

Yeah, lots of talk about that too but as far as I know nothing has been proven such that exceptional protection needs be taken.

And yes, most metals would absorb much of the energy.

@ Marblehead

Somebody once told me a story that he visited a radio broadcasting station and was allowed to see the heart of the broadcasting equipment. That apparently gave him a dizzy and nauseous feeling and he was told that one shouldn't be in the direct proximity of that equipment for too long. That's why I asked about your experiences.

Edited by wandelaar
  • Like 2

Yeah, I suppose that being around a transmitter and/or its antenna of something generating 10,000 watts or more would require certain safety precautions.  I would think that the RF energy would interact with our body's energy, especially our brain.

My experiences can go only to what I have been around.

• Like 2

God is exploring himself through all incarnations including yours, but there is a long way to go to create a sane being out of the many myriad of layers of consciousness and dimensions within a human soul.

One of your layers -which has a developed intelligence- is speaking to another layer, that seems to be what is happening.

Also you say that in the past everyone lived in harmony in ancient India etc... but this is more an intuition of a possible future if you manage to complete your evolution.

All those fables of great beings of the past, I believe they are simply intuitions of a possible future if you are able to actualize yourself rather than falling apart as many acorns do.

To intuit or feel something good one day is a very long way from being whole, but a good sign.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rideforever said:

God is exploring himself through all incarnations including yours, but there is a long way to go to create a sane being out of the many myriad of layers of consciousness and dimensions within a human soul.

One of your layers -which has a developed intelligence- is speaking to another layer, that seems to be what is happening.

Also you say that in the past everyone lived in harmony in ancient India etc... but this is more an intuition of a possible future if you manage to complete your evolution.

All those fables of great beings of the past, I believe they are simply intuitions of a possible future if you are able to actualize yourself rather than falling apart as many acorns do.

To intuit or feel something good one day is a very long way from being whole, but a good sign.

Sorry to come to this thread late... but who is this God who is exploring ?  Have you meet him or visited him? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Don't ask me.  I'm an Atheist.

maybe God also went undercover as an atheist to "explore himself" in seemingly counter or in-congruent ways to old or accepted norms.

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, 3bob said:

maybe God also went undercover as an atheist to "explore himself" in seemingly counter or in-congruent ways to old or accepted norms.

Well, it would be illogical for me to respond to this as it would suggest that I accept the concept of a god.

• Like 1

On 15/11/2018 at 10:53 PM, dawei said:

Sorry to come to this thread late... but who is this God who is exploring ?  Have you meet him or visited him?

Mirrors often come up in certain teachings so perhaps that's a hint.

I've been thinking about time a lot the last year or so and wonder if it has an illusionary quality. The philosopher Henri Bergson gives us some ideas to play with:

In An Introduction to Metaphysics, Bergson presents three images of duration. The first is of two spools, one unrolling to represent the continuous flow of ageing as one feels oneself moving toward the end of one's life-span, the other rolling up to represent the continuous growth of memory which, for Bergson, equals consciousness. No two successive moments are identical, for the one will always contain the memory left by the other. A person with no memory might experience two identical moments but, Bergson says, that person's consciousness would thus be in a constant state of death and rebirth, which he identifies with unconsciousness.[9] The image of two spools, however, is of a homogeneous and commensurable thread, whereas, according to Bergson, no two moments can be the same, hence duration is heterogeneous.

Bergson then presents the image of a spectrum of a thousand gradually changing shades with a line of feeling running through them, being both affected by and maintaining each of the shades. Yet even this image is inaccurate and incomplete, for it represents duration as a fixed and complete spectrum with all the shades spatially juxtaposed, whereas duration is incomplete and continuously growing, its states not beginning or ending but intermingling.[9][10]

Instead, let us imagine an infinitely small piece of elastic, contracted, if that were possible, to a mathematical point. Let us draw it out gradually in such a way as to bring out of the point a line which will grow progressively longer. Let us fix our attention not on the line as line, but on the action which traces it. Let us consider that this action, in spite of its duration, is indivisible if one supposes that it goes on without stopping; that, if we intercalate a stop in it, we make two actions of it instead of one and that each of these actions will then be the indivisible of which we speak; that it is not the moving act itself which is never indivisible, but the motionless line it lays down beneath it like a track in space. Let us take our mind off the space subtending the movement and concentrate solely on the movement itself, on the act of tension or extension, in short, on pure mobility. This time we shall have a more exact image of our development in duration.
— Henri Bergson, The Creative Mind: An Introduction to Metaphysics, pages 164 to 165.

Even this image is incomplete, because the wealth of colouring is forgotten when it is invoked.[9] But as the three images illustrate, it can be stated that duration is qualitative, unextended, multiple yet a unity, mobile and continuously interpenetrating itself. Yet these concepts put side-by-side can never adequately represent duration itself;

The truth is we change without ceasing...there is no essential difference between passing from one state to another and persisting in the same state. If the state which "remains the same" is more varied than we think, [then] on the other hand the passing of one state to another resembles—more than we imagine—a single state being prolonged: the transition is continuous. Just because we close our eyes to the unceasing variation of every physical state, we are obliged when the change has become so formidable as to force itself on our attention, to speak as if a new state were placed alongside the previous one. Of this new state we assume that it remains unvarying in its turn and so on endlessly.[11]

Because a qualitative multiplicity is heterogeneous and yet interpenetrating, it cannot be adequately represented by a symbol; indeed, for Bergson, a qualitative multiplicity is inexpressible. Thus, to grasp duration, one must reverse habitual modes of thought and place oneself within duration by intuition.[2]

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duration_(philosophy) 

• Like 1

Bergson is just another foolish monkey who wishes to describe what "it is" and strings together half arguments and few flowery words some stuff borrowed by some traditions he might have read something about and at the end uses the word "intuition" to mean he doesn't really know but something is there.

No shit something is there.

Here is my suggestion : notice that Buddha, Ramana, Osho, Eckhart Tolle, Milarepa, Bodhidharma, Jesus and so on .... notice that they all shut their mouth and went into deep meditation and study for several intensive years with serious teachers.   And only then did they start speaking.   And that is why the no something.

So that's the opportunity, to work like the sages did, and then acquire knowledge and being.

Or you can play the famous game of the monkeys, which is to have a glass of red wine and make endless mysterious statements coupling together emotionality a few spiritual sayings you heard once, maybe add in a bit of neuroscience or whatever you fancy today and just go on and on meaninglessly.... and then finish your glass of wine.   If that is your level !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rideforever said:

Bergson is just another foolish monkey who wishes to describe what "it is" and strings together half arguments and few flowery words some stuff borrowed by some traditions he might have read something about and at the end uses the word "intuition" to mean he doesn't really know but something is there.

No shit something is there.

Here is my suggestion : notice that Buddha, Ramana, Osho, Eckhart Tolle, Milarepa, Bodhidharma, Jesus and so on .... notice that they all shut their mouth and went into deep meditation and study for several intensive years with serious teachers.   And only then did they start speaking.   And that is why the no something.

So that's the opportunity, to work like the sages did, and then acquire knowledge and being.

Or you can play the famous game of the monkeys, which is to have a glass of red wine and make endless mysterious statements coupling together emotionality a few spiritual sayings you heard once, maybe add in a bit of neuroscience or whatever you fancy today and just go on and on meaninglessly.... and then finish your glass of wine.   If that is your level !

Rideforever, as long as you are naming names I'd suggest you do some research on Osho before adding his name to your list above, if you haven't already?  For instance there is his cult in Oregon in the 80's under the name of Rajneesh: 

"On the surface a happy place with a “Zen Connection” bus terminal, “Zorba the Buddha Rajneesh Deli” and something called “Nirvana Grove,” Oregon’s Rancho Rajneesh metastasized into a dangerous organized crime ring. As Rajneesh indulged a fetish for diamond-studded watches and a caravan of Rolls-Royces, his hand-picked goon squad went to war with local detractors. Commune leaders sprayed salmonella on salad bars in a nearby town, poisoning at least 700 people in the largest bioterror attack in U.S. history. They plotted the assassination of the U.S. attorney for Oregon. And they organized countless fraudulent marriages to harbor foreign-born Rajneeshees, followers of the religion, in the U.S." 

• Like 1

Just now, 3bob said:

I'd suggest you do some research on Osho

I know a lot about Osho, and he was enlightened after a long process of sadhana during which he suffered several existential crises; and that was my point, that one must do a lot of work to reach realisation in almost all cases.

I don't know what your point is ?  That is organisation fell apart and students did bad things ?  Okay - that's sort of par for the course on this planet.  Do you expect something different ?   That's what happens with every organisation in every walk of life.

22 minutes ago, rideforever said:

I know a lot about Osho, and he was enlightened after a long process of sadhana during which he suffered several existential crises; and that was my point, that one must do a lot of work to reach realisation in almost all cases.

I don't know what your point is ?  That is organisation fell apart and students did bad things ?  Okay - that's sort of par for the course on this planet.  Do you expect something different ?   That's what happens with every organisation in every walk of life.

that is not what happens with a True Guru, that is what happens with a half baked fake or a wolf in sheeps clothing, apologize all you want for him but he is directly responsible for his cult and the crimes of his followers... because he was right there in the thick of it - not tens, hundreds or thousands of years later 

Edited by 3bob