wandelaar

The Dao Trumps

3 hours ago, s1va said:

Not you.  Please try not to interpret everything I generally state as about or in relation to you.  It truly is not. 

I don't have that problem.  Nobody wants to talk with me.

3 hours ago, s1va said:

Just for your information: The moderators don't need to collaborate with anyone to steer a conversation in the right direction,

And I don't need any help taking a thread off topic.  I'm rather good at that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dawei said:

The Pit (the name was that way so long, folks still like to use it) does not allow starting threads, although at one time it did.

Yeah, I miss those threads that Vmarco started in The Pit.  

3 hours ago, dawei said:

I don't see anything turning the forum away from the main focus of Taoism and Spirituality.

All the other threads are open and available for discussions of Taoism, Spirituality and even Buddhism and Hindu beliefs.  The Trump thread applies to only the Trump thread.

A lot of folks are posting in that thread.  It is useful as it helps those communicating clarify their thoughts.  I don't expect to be able to influence Trunk, Ralis, or 3bob as to their beliefs.  But the discussions are none-the-less valid.

• Like 1

BTW  It is not in the rules that all member must read this and the Trump threads.

We can just ignore them if we wish.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dawei said:

It was already shared that this thread is a Split from another discussion... So the OP is actually me !   :lol:

So yes, I'm opening some doors but one has to decide whether they step through or not :P

I like doors that aren't locked.

2 hours ago, Kar3n said:

Speaking of heated exchanges...

It might be time to let this thread and some of its participants cool off a bit.

I'm cool.  My A/C is working.  (The temp was 95 degrees a little bit ago.)

26 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

Seemingly even a thread that is about a thread that is about Trump leads to trouble... :P

I'm doing my best to take it off topic.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

Seemingly even a thread that is about a thread that is about Trump leads to trouble... :P

See what I’m saying? Lol.

4 minutes ago, Pilgrim said:

See what I’m saying? Lol.

Where's the trouble?  I see no problem talking about stuff that doesn't matter.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

I'm cool.  My A/C is working.  (The temp was 95 degrees a little bit ago.)

That's warm! We have only reached 84 in the greater Phoenix area so far today with a slight cool breeze. Of course anything under 90° here calls for a sweater. ;)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kar3n said:

That's warm! We have only reached 84 in the greater Phoenix area so far today with a slight cool breeze. Of course anything under 90° here calls for a sweater. ;)

Yeah, great difference with the humidity between you and me.  The last time I was out in your area my dry skin started shedding and nearly everything I touched I got electrocuted.

You know sometimes it is really easy to get stuck in the past.

I apologize to S1va. He just reminded me we had become friends. When he wrote these words to me I had to remember this was true. In remembering I realized I was reacting out of old hurts I never let go of.

Apologies S1va.

• Like 8

43 minutes ago, Pilgrim said:

You know sometimes it is really easy to get stuck in the past.

I apologize to S1va. He just reminded me we had become friends. When he wrote these words to me I had to remember this was true. In remembering I realized I was reacting out of old hurts I never let go of.

Apologies S1va.

Hi Pilgrim,  Your apologies accepted!  Thanks for setting this straight.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Your welcome, and just to be clear so others understand when S1va and I were first talking a few years back now I was going through some pretty heavy stuff that just completed earlier this year in March. During that time I had many difficulties and those feelings of hurt got grafted onto this person. It was unfair of me and I am sorry. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Let's see.  Looking for someone to offend so that I can later apologize for offending them.

Maybe Jeff.  He is a forgiving person.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

Your welcome, and just to be clear so others understand when S1va and I were first talking a few years back now I was going through some pretty heavy stuff that just completed earlier this year in March. During that time I had many difficulties and those feelings of hurt got grafted onto this person. It was unfair of me and I am sorry. 

It's all in the past, no need to even look back!  It's a new and beautiful day today! What matters is the differences are gone and we are friends again.

Much Love 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, s1va said:

No one is expecting anyone to bow!  Your post doesn't make much sense to me.  Some of us were just debating the plus and minus if engaging in heated political debates, which often results in name calling, insults, personal attacks etc.  The amount of time and activity that is generally observed by many as spent on this.

To clarify, I was speaking of myself, and my own path, and how things such as my own discomfort have been explored here. 

If you don't like this discussion, then please stay away.  Turning this into someone is trying to make me bow to their discomfort, etc., makes absolutely no sense.

You can happily engage in discussing Trump or anything else you want, as long as it does not break the terms and conditions of the site, like personal insults etc. that happens often in the Trump thread.

Things got quite messy in our interaction quite quickly. 

And I didn't say anything about others trying to make me bow to their discomfort. That was your interpretation, of me sharing that I chose to explore my own difficulties and discomfort. 

I didn't make it about me bowing to others discomfort - you did. And then (based on the misinterpretation) you actually typed the words "please stay away" at me (personally).

That later you suggest that I somehow understand that the last sentence was not personal, when what came before it clearly was, seems somewhat disingenuous to me. 

Edited by ilumairen

1 minute ago, ilumairen said:

To clarify, I was speaking of myself, and my own path, and how things such as my own discomfort have been explored here. 

Things got quite messy in our interaction quite quickly. 

And I didn't say anything about others trying to make me bow to their discomfort. That was your interpretation, of me sharing that I chose to explore my own difficulties and discomfort. 

I didn't make it about me bowing to others discomfort - you did. And then (based on the misinterpretation) you actually typed the words "please stay away" at me (personally).

That later you suggest that I somehow understand that the last sentence was not personal, when what came before it clearly was, seems somewhat disingenuous to me. 

I already said, if something I said troubled you in anyway, I apologize for that.  But I stick with whatever I stated in every single post in this thread.  Not one of them was made with anger or grudge towards anyone including you.  I understand my responses or replies can never satisfy everyone present here.  Some will have difference of opinion or see what I say in negative light.  This is fine with me.

With that I am done here.  Best Wishes! 🙂.

39 minutes ago, s1va said:

I already said, if something I said troubled you in anyway, I apologize for that.  But I stick with whatever I stated in every single post in this thread.  Not one of them was made with anger or grudge towards anyone including you.  I understand my responses or replies can never satisfy everyone present here.  Some will have difference of opinion or see what I say in negative light.  This is fine with me.

With that I am done here.  Best Wishes! 🙂.

I didn't say you were angry.

We can misunderstand each other without being angry or having a grudge. 

I don't know why you wish to stand by your misunderstanding and misrepresentation of what I chose to share, and still accept it is your right to do so.

So be it. 

Just now, ilumairen said:

We can misunderstand each other without being angry or having a grudge. 

I don't know why you wish to stand by your misunderstanding and misrepresentation of what I chose to share, and still accept it is your right to do so.

So be it. 

It is possible I misunderstood or misinterpreted something you said.  I am just a human like everyone else.  This is why I said twice, I apologize if anything I said troubled you in anyway.  I don't mind apologizing if any of my actions hurt someone in anyway even if that was not the intention.  I am not standing by the misunderstanding,  but just letting the bygones be bygones, and not dissecting the misunderstanding.

Much Love 🙂

Just now, s1va said:

It is possible I misunderstood or misinterpreted something you said.  I am just a human like everyone else.  This is why I said twice, I apologize if anything I said troubled you in anyway.  I don't mind apologizing if any of my actions hurt someone in anyway even if that was not the intention.  I am not standing by the misunderstanding,  but just letting the bygones be bygones, and not dissecting the misunderstanding.

Much Love 🙂

Karmic seeds... And the wisdom fire burns them to ash.

Much Love s1va

And, as you are seeking more spiritual matters being focused on here, ligmincha learning is currently offering a six lokas course. I have taken it in the past, and found it to be personally beneficial. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

Karmic seeds... And the wisdom fire burns them to ash.

Much Love s1va

And, as you are seeking more spiritual matters being focused on here, ligmincha learning is currently offering a six lokas course. I have taken it in the past, and found it to be personally beneficial. 

Thanks, it does sound interesting and I will check it out.  If you have any links or details please share here or you can also send it to me in a PM.

2 hours ago, ilumairen said:

If I get angry will you come here and comfort me?

(Please understand that I am just joking.)

8 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

If I get angry will you come here and comfort me?

(Please understand that I am just joking.)

Would offering you a beer and listening to you vent count?