dwai

Central channel or Heart Field?

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, freeform said:

 

Ok - interesting!

 

So - is there a point where you draw a line?

 

I mean I’m pretty sure you’re not saying that every adaptation any teacher cares to make is legitimate because Daoist practice is not fixed...

 

Sure there must be a line I guess.  But maybe that's the wrong way to look at it.  It's rather whether the master is staying true to Daoism.  On the other hand if they are so eclectic that it ceases to be Daoist and becomes just a manifestation of their fantasies.  Well it is what it is, it may have merit of maybe not.  You have to judge.

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Apech said:

 

Sure there must be a line I guess.  But maybe that's the wrong way to look at it.  It's rather whether the master is staying true to Daoism.  On the other hand if they are so eclectic that it ceases to be Daoist and becomes just a manifestation of their fantasies.  Well it is what it is, it may have merit of maybe not.  You have to judge.

 

 

 

I agree that there’s a line. But how do you judge whether they’re staying true to Daoism?

 

I have my answer, but curious about yours.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, freeform said:

 

I agree that there’s a line. But how do you judge whether they’re staying true to Daoism?

 

I have my answer, but curious about yours.

 

 

Well I guess you'd have to start by deciding what you include in Daoism and what you don't.  Are the wu-shamans Daoist? for instance.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, freeform said:

 

I agree that there’s a line. But how do you judge whether they’re staying true to Daoism?

 

I have my answer, but curious about yours.

 

A true Daoist knows this...

 

SIX

The valley spirit never dies;

It is the woman, primal mother.

Her gateway is the root of heaven and earth.

It is like a veil barely seen.

Use it; it will never fail.

 

Anything else is slower games of the mind...

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jeff said:

 

A true Daoist knows this...

 

SIX

The valley spirit never dies;

It is the woman, primal mother.

Her gateway is the root of heaven and earth.

It is like a veil barely seen.

Use it; it will never fail.

 

Anything else is slower games of the mind...

 

 

Slower?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Apech said:

 

Slower?

 

Yes, in a relativistic time based perception. That is the inherent nature of games of the mind... :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Apech said:

 

 

Well I guess you'd have to start by deciding what you include in Daoism and what you don't.  Are the wu-shamans Daoist? for instance.

 

Yeah - it gets complicated right?

 

My view is that this problem was already solved by people smarter than me. Within a specific system you will have specific, objective, testable milestones. This is how one’s level of development is tested.

 

It’s one of the strengths of Daoism, because for every shift in consciousness, there’s a shift in the Qi and every change in your Qi is reflected physiologically and is testable.

 

This is why my teachers keep poking and prodding me :)

 

What makes Daoism a living system, IMO, is that there are living teachers able to achieve milestones and demonstrate their level of development within a system. These are unambiguous. 

 

Daoists being a pragmatic lot are not shy about changing methods, training techniques that bring about these specific, unambiguous milestones in quicker/simpler/more accessible ways. 

 

I think it may also be worthwhile to clarify that I’m talking about the authentic inner-door practices. These practices, th when done incorrectly, can cause very serious issues - from health problems (cancers, heart attacks) to mental problems (psychosis, schizophrenia, mania etc) and even death. I’ve known fellow students experience some of these deviations!

 

There are of course outer door variations of these systems for the public and the casual practitioner or for medical Qi Gong - but these are generally harmless. 99% of all ‘accessible’ systems fall into this group.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

“Thoughts about birth-old age-illness-death;
Longevity, eternal life, immortality;
Realization of the Tao, awakening to the Tao;
the thought of unification with the higher self;
Abandon all of them!”

 

love is not an emotion if one thinks love comes from the heart one is mistaken. The heart with no discipline is set on the course of death. This is why people get confused about love and if love can change to hate, that is a major misunderstanding. Love follows good times and bad times up and down if one can endure then the true meaning becomes apparent. love conquers all.
.
Utmost stillness is its chief aim. Return to the void and enter concentration and deep meditation. Wipe out the three heart-minds: the past, the present and the future altogether. Extinguish completely the four appearances: birth-old age- illness and death, the fate of humankind and the four miseries in human life.
After having waited for the heart-mind ‘s character to be tranquil and one’s nature being clear and cool, unrestrained, and comfortable, pure and tranquil, clear and still like the heavens, concentrate the Spirit and enter deep meditation. Be absorbed in absent-mindedness long term, not interrupted for one instant. One heart-mind replaces the ten thousand thoughts, count own breath, follow the frequency of the breath exiting and entering, one opening- one closing, one ascending- one descending,
It is exactly the mechanism of one inhale and one exhale.

 

Without dreams then the heart-mind is dead and the Spirit is alive.
When the heart of the human dies, the heart of the Tao opens and the Spirit will find the path of eternal life and immortality.

 

This is a major event of the Now, right in front of one’s eyes, a very important occurrence.
Because the heart-mind is not refined, the spirit is not settled and un-stable. Consequently one’s thoughts will run about disorderly. The luminescence of one’s character, the whiteness within the blackness, is agitated and the power of life is consumed and dispersed. When the intent, thoughts and desires are not extinguished and not refined, then the emotions are un-dying, therefore the root of life-destiny root is not firm. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, dwai said:
Quote

 

Anything we experience, is only within us already. No external object can evoke anything in us. If we focus on the "positive" feelings, like love, joy, etc...these are also within us. If we consider negative feelings like "fear, hatred, etc", are they not just a result of masking of the natural feeling of love, joy, etc? How does this masking process work? With the help of the mind and mental constructs (like us vs them, good vs bad, etc etc). 

1

Spotless:

It is not so much "masking" - it is still mostly futures and pasts - and investment in one's positions - which are investments in past and in future projections. This is the trance of accumulated compressions and held beliefs and "our story".

 

 

dwaii:

By Gut you mean the Lower Dan Tien or comparisonthe gut? My teacher always tells us to balance out the energies by sinking to the lower dan tien. 

 
4
2

Spotless:

Lower Dan Tien or in Yoga - the abdomen - or in most meditation - just below the navel in the abdomen - but yes this is the base and from there the mountain rises. One can breath in this and be in this and all that one is given will shine from there - and all that is too hard to bear will burn up there and not run to the head and heart and become part of the trance. 

 

Ownership of the base means the Heart will not fear and send the mind racing. Ownership of the base means the Mind will not project and send the heart racing. 

 

When one is fully abiding in the base with the heart and head fully incorporated - one is far beyond mere Awakening - it is much closer to what Enlightenment is associated with. The head and the heart will not be tamed without this - they will not be whole - they are like rabbits in a race with a turtle - the three transcend to a level that is immense even by comparrison to the enormity of the three individually 

 

 

Quote

 

 

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, OldDog said:

Wasn't aware taiji needed an alternative ... christian or otherwise.

 

;)

This is akin to Christian yoga,  Muslim Yoga etc. 😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, freeform said:

 

Yeah - it gets complicated right?

 

My view is that this problem was already solved by people smarter than me. Within a specific system you will have specific, objective, testable milestones. This is how one’s level of development is tested.

 

It’s one of the strengths of Daoism, because for every shift in consciousness, there’s a shift in the Qi and every change in your Qi is reflected physiologically and is testable.

 

This is why my teachers keep poking and prodding me :)

 

What makes Daoism a living system, IMO, is that there are living teachers able to achieve milestones and demonstrate their level of development within a system. These are unambiguous. 

 

Daoists being a pragmatic lot are not shy about changing methods, training techniques that bring about these specific, unambiguous milestones in quicker/simpler/more accessible ways. 

 

I think it may also be worthwhile to clarify that I’m talking about the authentic inner-door practices. These practices, th when done incorrectly, can cause very serious issues - from health problems (cancers, heart attacks) to mental problems (psychosis, schizophrenia, mania etc) and even death. I’ve known fellow students experience some of these deviations!

 

There are of course outer door variations of these systems for the public and the casual practitioner or for medical Qi Gong - but these are generally harmless. 99% of all ‘accessible’ systems fall into this group.

Are you aware of every inner door system? :)

 

I draw the line based on the master and his personal attainments. And what he tells me (my master predominantly does direct transmissions - I’ve written about  that in my PPF). 

 

At one point you have to stop worrying about qi and focus on awareness (if spiritual enlightenment/Self realization  is the goal). The qi takes care of itself after a certain stage.

 

the heart field is really a development of the macro cosmic circuit being fulfilled imho and very crucial.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dwai said:

the heart field is really a development of the macro cosmic circuit being fulfilled imho and very crucial.

 

I don't disagree - I’m not at that stage. So I’ve no idea.

 

But whether it is or not, still doesn’t mean that love is the fundamental ground of being. 

 

2 hours ago, dwai said:

 

At one point you have to stop worrying about qi and focus on awareness (if spiritual enlightenment/Self realization  is the goal). The qi takes care of itself after a certain stage.

 

 

Yup - I agree.

 

2 hours ago, dwai said:

Are you aware of every inner door system? :)

 

 

Of course not. :) Not sure what you’re getting at...

 

I had a look at your personal practice section. Its interesting. Lots visual stuff going on for you.

 

I would actually like to hear your opinion on why it’s a good idea to mix elements of different traditions. It’s a genuine question, I’d like to understand your perspective. There’s clearly a mix in your PPF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, freeform said:

 

I don't disagree - I’m not at that stage. So I’ve no idea.

 

But whether it is or not, still doesn’t mean that love is the fundamental ground of being. 

 

If you’ve not reached that yet, how would you know? :) 

13 hours ago, freeform said:

Yup - I agree.

 

 

Of course not. :) Not sure what you’re getting at...

Your posts suggest something to that end...

13 hours ago, freeform said:

I had a look at your personal practice section. Its interesting. Lots visual stuff going on for you.

 

I would actually like to hear your opinion on why it’s a good idea to mix elements of different traditions. It’s a genuine question, I’d like to understand your perspective. There’s clearly a mix in your PPF.

Behind the traditions lies a simple and basic unity - pure awareness, which people call Dao, Brahman, Buddha nature etc. 

 

my background as a born and raised Hindu, helps me get better insight into Dao. My Daoist practices helped me get mental clarity which led me to grasp the higher disciplines of Vedanta. 

 

My yoga background helped open up and activate the central channel and my Master’s initiation (call it lineage transmission) resulted in a profound awakening. Where all these processes (I’ve not even gone into the past life stuff...) begun are so tightly interwoven that I no longer have the luxury of maintaining simplistic and naive distinctions between traditions. I love and respect each one for what it showed me. 

 

 

What I am authorized to teach by my master i transmit faithfully to my students. I add my insights where I think they might help them, just the way my master does for me. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dwai said:

Behind the traditions lies a simple and basic unity - pure awareness, which people call Dao, Brahman, Buddha nature etc

 

A tradition isn’t a concept, a philosophical framework or a description of ‘what is’. A tradition is a roadmap, a path. It’s a sequence of steps, that when followed, allows one to move through a process that evenutally brings them to embody this ultimate state. 

 

I’ve trained with many teachers in many traditions (like you have, it seems). I’ve made many sacrifices and dedicated a good portion of my life and resources in tracking down and training with the very best teachers ( and ‘non-teachers’). 

 

I’ve experienced some completely unbelievable things and met with many highly realised people.

 

But the sad truth is that the vast majority of ‘masters’ out there are completely deluded about their level of attainment. Ranging from the smooth talking charlatan to the guy that developed some siddhis but got completely derailed from the path.

 

This is why the Daoist path really appeals to me. Every step down the path is reflected physically, objectively in the body. This stops you kidding yourself. And it stops others kidding you.

 

The one recognisable pattern connecting many of the deluded ‘masters’ out there has been the gradual moving away from the path that brought them whatever gong they’ve managed to achieve and the appropriation of other traditions (or new inventions) into their teachings.

 

Yes - several of the authentic, highly developed people I’ve met have trained in various different systems. But they always keep them completely separate - not only not mixing practices, but also not mixing theoretical frameworks that underpin the traditions. Kundalini, chakras and nadis simply have no place in Daoism (and neither does ‘divine love’!) A number of them have been quite explicit in warning to keep traditions pure - particularly if teaching others.

 

Maybe you’re so far along the path that you can call these views naive and simplistic - maybe they really are completely beneath you... But judging by our interaction here, I somehow doubt it...

Edited by freeform
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, freeform said:

 

A tradition isn’t a concept, a philosophical framework or a description of ‘what is’. A tradition is a roadmap, a path. It’s a sequence of steps, that when followed, allows one to move through a process that evenutally brings them to embody this ultimate state. 

 

I’ve trained with many teachers in many traditions (like you have, it seems). I’ve made many sacrifices and dedicated a good portion of my life and resources in tracking down and training with the very best teachers ( and ‘non-teachers’). 

 

I’ve experienced some completely unbelievable things and met with many highly realised people.

Thats excellent! 

 

Quote

But the sad truth is that the vast majority of ‘masters’ out there are completely deluded about their level of attainment. Ranging from the smooth talking charlatan to the guy that developed some siddhis but got completely derailed from the path.

And there are also absolutely genuine masters too...individuals of great attainment 

Quote

This is why the Daoist path really appeals to me. Every step down the path is reflected physically, objectively in the body. This stops you kidding yourself. And it stops others kidding you.

Yes the problem is in getting too caught up in said physicality. 

Quote

 

The one recognisable pattern connecting many of the deluded ‘masters’ out there has been the gradual moving away from the path that brought them whatever gong they’ve managed to achieve and the appropriation of other traditions (or new inventions) into their teachings.

Goes back to my question about you knowing every single one of them? Or is it possible that you made an inference that tied the syncretic approach to these delusional individuals due to false associative logic? 

 

Quote

Yes - several of the authentic, highly developed people I’ve met have trained in various different systems. But they always keep them completely separate - not only not mixing practices, but also not mixing theoretical frameworks that underpin the traditions. Kundalini, chakras and nadis simply have no place in Daoism (and neither does ‘divine love’!) A number of them have been quite explicit in warning to keep traditions pure - particularly if teaching others.

It is important for teaching, not for practice after a point, imho. 

Quote

Maybe you’re so far along the path that you can call these views naive and simplistic - maybe they really are completely beneath you... But somehow, judging by our interaction here, and by the posts in your personal practice forum, I somehow doubt that...

That’s very hard for someone on the internet to decide :) 

 

I’d recommend you err on the side of caution and pay no heed to what I wrote. If you one day find that you were mistaken, that’d be a wonderful discovery. But after it happens (awakening) , it won’t matter  one iota :) 

 

Edited by dwai
Smartphones can be dumb sometimes
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, dwai said:

Goes back to my question abort you knowing single one of them? Or is it possible that you made an inference that tied the syncretic approach to these delusional individuals due to false associative logic? 

 

 

I’m sorry but I don’t understand your question. Knowing single one of them?

 

Yeah it’s an inference I drew from my  reasonably broad experience. But more importantly from what a number of highly realised masters emphasised to me and other students. These are people that don’t waste time on words that aren't important.

 

52 minutes ago, dwai said:

Yes the problem is in getting too caught up in said physicality. 

 

 

:) I’ve heard that one before. Commonly from Daoist practitioners who sadly have no physical signs of progress.

 

1 hour ago, dwai said:

That’s very hard for someone on the internet to decide :) 

 

 

Agreed - that’s why I stick to doubt rather than certainty.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, freeform said:


 

 

Yes - several of the authentic, highly developed people I’ve met have trained in various different systems. But they always keep them completely separate - not only not mixing practices, but also not mixing theoretical frameworks that underpin the traditions. Kundalini, chakras and nadis simply have no place in Daoism (and neither does ‘divine love’!) A number of them have been quite explicit in warning to keep traditions pure - particularly if teaching others.

 

Maybe you’re so far along the path that you can call these views naive and simplistic - maybe they really are completely beneath you... But judging by our interaction here, I somehow doubt it...

 

 

This  :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, freeform said:

 

I’m sorry but I don’t understand your question. Knowing single one of them?

Every single one :) 

 

14 minutes ago, freeform said:

 

Yeah it’s an inference I drew from my  reasonably broad experience. But more importantly from what a number of highly realised masters emphasised to me and other students. These are people that don’t waste time on words that aren't important.

Yes. Typically words are reserved for those who can’t “get it” non-verbally. Some teachers  know both ways. Heck some of them even employ thousands of pages of words (aka books) to disseminate the knowledge... 🙄

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is interesting to note that at the mention of the word "Love" the beginnings of completely derailing this topic has begun.

 

It happens time and again - speaking of the Heart field or heart chakra or heart center or Higher Heart - is time and again polarizing. 

 

It is not as bad as trying to discuss male/female differences or topics along those lines which here tend to lead to banning people but here it is again - a very tricky subject to discuss without positioning and personhood investment yanking the ground from reasonable discourse and then with the addition of incredibly vague overriding words that have hugely personalized meanings and very flexible and vague meaning even to each persons own definition.

 

This has been a nice discourse and reasonable for what it is - but it has become one of trying to force the square peg into a round hole.

 

Everyone is correct from their position.

 

And some are positionless which makes argument pointless - but fun to try.

 

Some of the best students are those that have no previous training or reading or even prior known interest. 

 

Some of the worst students are the very best students but they are so coiled up in mousetraps waiting to find fault according to their unrealized positions and personhood that they are sooo Very invested in that they are nearly dead on arrival - while at the same time being the most active in the cage.

 

All real Practice (practice with the idea of it as a way of life to reach Self Realization and then onward from there in an ever Enlightening Grace) leads to highly increased energetic levels which beg for some discipline regarding diet and generally a clean approach vs a mixed bag approach. The Mixed bag approach is the Rabbits Way - highly engineered by someone who does not know what they are actually engineering - it leads to the house of babble - possibly one with tons of Siddhis - but siddhis are trifles.

 

The more easily words come out of one's mouth regarding Heart - the more one is full of oneself and one's views and in love with one's words - it is like a sweat lodge for one's Self - words distract from it and box it - they are so tiny.

 

Imagine for a moment the color - poasidjga;oegin - just take your time - this is like saying the word Love - it has only reasonably specific meaning for the person saying it - for the persons hearing it is - poasidjga;oegin.  The only agreement is in a club setting like a religion - yet Love has been what many have killed for in those clubs.

 

People LOve the word Love and will continue to pound it out like a square peg into a round hole endlessly - it is at this time basically an unfortunate word that should be used as though it is just about the last cup of water on the planet.  In a setting of pointing as in a teacher pointing the way to Awakening - the word Love is a poor pointer - it is not even a good pointer to Unity Consciousness. It is about as effective as using the word God as a pointing.

 

In general discourse about these subjects - club words such as these (in their best sense - meaning where some reasonably generally understood notion of them is agreed upon within the club words and usages) become only reasons for derailing the conversation and not getting to any pith.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Spotless said:

It is interesting to note that at the mention of the word "Love" the beginnings of completely derailing this topic has begun.

 

It happens time and again - speaking of the Heart field or heart chakra or heart center or Higher Heart - is time and again polarizing. 

Haha if love can do this, what can the word “God” do? 😂

Quote

It is not as bad as trying to discuss male/female differences or topics along those lines which here tend to lead to banning people but here it is again - a very tricky subject to discuss without positioning and personhood investment yanking the ground from reasonable discourse and then with the addition of incredibly vague overriding words that have hugely personalized meanings and very flexible and vague meaning even to each persons own definition.

 

This has been a nice discourse and reasonable for what it is - but it has become one of trying to force the square peg into a round hole.

 

Everyone is correct from their position.

 

And some are positionless which makes argument pointless - but fun to try.

😁

Quote

 

Some of the best students are those that have no previous training or reading or even prior know interest. 

 

Some of the worst students are the very best students but they are so coiled up in mousetraps waiting to find fault according to their unrealized positions and personhood that they are sooo Very invested in that they are nearly dead on arrival - while at the same time being the most active in the cage.

 

All real Practice (practice with the idea of it as a way of life to reach Self Realization and then onward from there in an ever Enlightening Grace) leads to highly increased energetic levels which beg for some discipline regarding diet and generally a clean approach vs a mixed bag approach. The Mixed bag approach is the Rabbits Way - highly engineered by someone who does not know what they are actually engineering - it leads to the house of babble - possibly one with tons of Siddhis - but siddhis are trifles.

It depends on what is being mixed though :) 

 

some actually know what they’re mixing and and serve it in a prescriptive manner. Perhaps that nuance gets lost on discussion forums :) 

Quote

 

The more easily words come out of one's mouth regarding Heart - the more one is full of oneself and one's views and in love with one's words - it is like a sweat lodge for one's Self - words distract from it and box it - they are so tiny.

 

Imagine for a moment the color - poasidjga;oegin - just take your time - this is like saying the word Love - it has only reasonably specific meaning for the person saying it - for the persons hearing it is - poasidjga;oegin.  The only agreement is in a club setting like a religion - yet Love has been what many have killed for in those clubs.

Love is a word that does mean many things to many people. I find that if I want to understand someone, i have to put myself in their proverbial shoes, so to speak. 

Quote

People LOve the word Love and will continue to pound it out like a square peg into a round hole endlessly - it is at this time basically an unfortunate word that should be used as though it is just about the last cup of water on the planet.  In a setting of pointing as in a teacher pointing the way to Awakening - the word Love is a poor pointer - it is not even a good pointer to Unity Consciousness.

The context where my master uses this word is actually as follows —  

 

He is someone who can manifest taijiquan’s mysterious powers...one of the few I know who can actually deliver the goods. 

 

When asked how he does it, he says “I just pour my love into the other person. If they  don’t know how to how to handle it, they will fly away....”

 

In this context he said “to issue power, there are many ways. You can put a strong emotion and it will work. But what you put in will also solidify what you cultivate in your nature. If you choose anger, it will work, but it will make you angrier each time you use it. If you use hatred, it’ll work too but it will poison little by little”. The most effective thing he found is to pour love. “Keep practicing with a loving atttitude and that’ll become your nature”...  unconditioned, unattached feeling of love, compassion is what works best according to him. Having trained in the cold (empty) way of manifesting taiji power and also the loving-kindness way,  I found the love way to the more powerful. 

 

Then he talks about love being the most powerful force in the universe. He said it is the power of love (of God if you may) that results in manifestation.The skeptical person will be rolling his/her eyes at this point. But I’ll say it nonetheless. 

 

I am open to the possibility of the power of love being the necessary and sufficient cause for manifest reality. It works to explain things at the causal level (as in causal body per

Vedantic understanding). 

Quote

It is about as effective as using the word God as a pointing.

Haha 😆 I didn’t read the last part of this paragraph...so wrote about it at the beginning.

 

Quote

 

In general discourse about these subjects - club words such as these are (in their best sense - meaning where some reasonably generally understood notion of them is agreed upon within the club words and usages) only reasons for derailing the

conversation and not getting to any pith.

There’ll always be immature reactions by otherwise mature individuals. To find common ground and understanding should be our objective when possible (imho).

Edited by dwai
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a club word in the sense you have used it - over time you come to know the teacher and the feel of what he is saying. In that context it’s fine - and he might have said another word or two that would mean the specific general meaning he has delivered to his teaching using the word Love. 

In general discourse without that club word relationship it’s just the start of positioning or a big sloppy hug fest.

Sloppy hug fest’s are fine but then they are not discourse.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 The examples from your teacher are not really a mixed bag approach like I was referring too. 

I am not from a Qi Gong lineage that “sends” energy - though I have mastered many of those abilities.

It is something that needs to be taught with great care and subtle awareness of the nature’s that can be transmitted. 

It is also a “doing” school that has this component - I have moved from these practices.

I am also not interested in prove-it practices - though I am by no means saying yours is playing prove-it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Spotless said:

 The examples from your teacher are not really a mixed bag approach like I was referring too. 

I am not from a Qi Gong lineage that “sends” energy - though I have mastered many of those abilities.

It is something that needs to be taught with great care and subtle awareness of the nature’s that can be transmitted. 

It is also a “doing” school that has this component - I have moved from these practices.

I am also not interested in prove-it practices - though I am by no means saying yours is playing prove-it.

I understand my friend :wub:

i too have been moving beyond the “doing” system. Even within the lineage I practice there is the doing way. One where mind and energy are exercised together. That’s how we start. 

 

More and more so, doing is harder. Not saying it’s gone completely. Not doing happens. In order to experiment, the past few days I’ve been actively following the “doing” way. It is hard. 

 

I attended an interview for a job yesterday.   7 hours of back to back sessions. “Tell about a time you did this...that...”

 

That’s a lot of doing for me. I woke up at 3:30 am, mind agitated, racing. So I decided to “workout” the non-doing way. An hour later I finally lay back down, recharged, refreshed and mind still. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every punch, kick, elbow, bump, split, pull down, punch or push is a gift how do we receive these gifts? Can we neutralize,  in the beginning can we listen? Can we follow ,stick, adhere, change direction, change the angle or the time?

 

Well...... whatever, Spotless and Dwai have made me smile and that is very important only to me.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites