Zen Pig

Why are you searching?

What are you searching for?  Why are you searching for "it"?  for power? for immortality?  Or out of fear for the unknown?, or to Know for just Knowing? or for some other reason. Or maybe for no reason?  Rhetorical question's  just to self reflect, no need to answer, or not to answer. it is all fine. Just curious.  cheers. (by the way, i don't argue with folks.  just interested) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dosa said:

All are genuinely in search of the truth so as to escape from reality(生老病死).

Good luck!

生老病死: (originally Buddhism) to be born, to get old, to become ill and to die; fate of humankind; mortality
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/生老病死

To 'escape from reality' is definitely not my reason. In fact it is quite the opposite. This is a rather nihilistic view. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, lifeforce said:

To 'escape from reality' is definitely not my reason. In fact it is quite the opposite. This is a rather nihilistic view. 

Okey dokey, I respect your opinion.
But you don't want death to happen, right?

• Like 1

Because the journey is so great! The journey is so great.

The journey is so great! That it never ends.

And the journey is so great! That it always becomes better.

And if the journey is not so great... You are just a great b8. And that is alright m8!

Soon things will be over. And then you say, the journey can finally begin.

And if you feel pain, then there is always more in life to gain. 

For everything is better, than all that is life in pain.

But don't step on your own feet now! Meet life always in a gracious bow.

He did this, she did that. To you I raise my hat.

For the journey is great, and we can all come to the realization of that.

Together, in the search of the best that life has to offer, is not to sacrifice one another.

But to stand tall as who we are. And let go of that which we are not.

And we will always return home, back to the best that life has to offer.

What we seek is always here, so go forth and search for the best that life has to offer.

For even if you find nothing, your perseverance is what will strangely make you suffer.

In all that you seek, and never find, you will always find greater ability to seek that which you will find.

So you realize that it doesn't have to be a grind.

And the less you seek, the more that life has to offer.

And then realize, it is you who opened that valuable coffer.

For in every slowing down of time, you get more and more value for every dime.

So you can relax, and be the worthy nature who you are.

Timeless, and forever in your newer prime.

The youth of passion creates new fashion.

So that we can forever climb, the ever so slimy crimes of our rhymes!

Only to come back to our full nature, of our everlasting prime.

And there is nothing you need to do, in order to allow your full nature to come through.

And meet every person, as if they are Lao Tzu.

And allow the Awe of compassion, to define the new fashion.

And allow the jigsaw of every moment of aha! And every moment of aha! To come to together, forevermore...

Only to reveal our true core.

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, dosa said:

'Escaping from reality' can be seen two ways. 

1. Nihilism

2. Hedonism

Teachings such as found in the Eastern traditions often point to a 'middle way'. Not escaping from reality, but seeing reality for what it really is and not our usual versions of it 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dosa said:

Was there a beginning of you?

If there was a beginning there will be an end.

Nothing to seriously worry about.

• Like 1

Actually, if I were to admit that I am searching for something I would like say that I am searching for better ways to have fewer attachments.  That is because attachments mess with our emotions and I feel that our emotions are counter-productive.

• Like 2

Fundamentally there is no answer to why-questions, for any supposed answer can again be questioned.

Further I don't see how the question "Why are you searching?" should be any different from the question "Why do you have two legs?" (for instance). We haven't made ourselves or our propensity to ask the kind of questions we do. Both are the result of the way the world evolved, and thus a manifestation of Tao.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Was there a beginning of you?

If there was a beginning there will be an end.

Nothing to seriously worry about.

You are considerate, wisdom and cute. I wish I could be half as good.

fawdw.png

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Actually, if I were to admit that I am searching for something I would like say that I am searching for better ways to have fewer attachments.  That is because attachments mess with our emotions and I feel that our emotions are counter-productive.

You might be the exception to the rule (that wouldn't surprise me for an anarchist ;)), but as regards the overall use of social attachments modern psychology is much more positive:  https://personal.eur.nl/veenhoven/Pub2000s/2008e-full.pdf

Just now, dosa said:

You are considerate, wisdom and cute. I wish I could be half as good.

fawdw.png

Thanks.  You can be.  The first thing we need learn is how to laugh at our self.  And then not be afraid to say what we honestly think.  Yeah, we will sometimes make a fool of our self when we speak before we think but we can always clarify what we screwed up.

3 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

You might be the exception to the rule

I think I have always been an exception to the rule.

6 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Thanks.  You can be.  The first thing we need learn is how to laugh at our self.  And then not be afraid to say what we honestly think.  Yeah, we will sometimes make a fool of our self when we speak before we think but we can always clarify what we screwed up.

original_8+%25281%2529.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

but as regards the overall use of social attachments modern psychology is much more positive:  https://personal.eur.nl/veenhoven/Pub2000s/2008e-full.pdf

I have always considered that for the Chinese, all three, Taoism, Confucianism and Buddhism have been philosophies accepted in tandem.  All three are aspects of Chinese culture.

It's just that Taoism reflected my inner essence better than did Buddhism or Confucianism.  But then, I'm not Chinese so I need not make any apologies.

BTW  We need also to know when it is time to sit down and shut up.  I'm not doing so well with that one but I do try.

I am searching because this is my soul's inner wish - and also an awareness (or inner knowledge so to speak) that life is finite and not much of it is left. 

Regards,

Kara

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Kara_mia said:

I am searching because this is my soul's inner wish - and also an awareness (or inner knowledge so to speak) that life is finite and not much of it is left. 

Regards,

Kara

Nicely put. I feel its in the wiring of our souls to want to find our way “home”. 

Once the distractions of the world lose their attraction, most start looking for something else. What that is - no one really knows until they do. 

• Like 1

First in my youth I searched from fear.

Then I searched for power.

Then I sought enlightenment.

After I left and came back, I searched for balance.

Then in my older years I was looking for something nebulous.

Now I am content with searching and keeping health.

For without health, you have nothing else.

But that knowledge came from losing health from aging.

Now I seek contentment and serenity.

• Like 2

I was not searching today, and found the experience of being tired. Did I ask for it? Not verbally. I was overwhelmed by it, and so I decided to do something about it. Only to come to the realisation, that no matter what I try, I am still tired. So I keep trying, more and more. As I open windows for fresh air, and try to move more. I have energy in my hands, so I moved my hands.  And now the energy is flowing more, and now I can feel my feet wanting to move more aswell. And now I find I wanna move my legs allot, and flex my muscles more and move more and allow the blood to flow more fully all the fresh oxigen of the cool wind all throughout my body. And the more I move and keep moving, the more the energy starts to flow. And I realize, now that I have the ability to overcome this tiredness, now it is no longer something that I am overcome by. Now I have a choice. So next time I am tired, I have the same choice again. To do an excersize of refreshment and awakening, or not. And it is a very easy choice for me. For I know what experience I prefer. So I found this new ability to be more fully awake and allow myself to be more fully energized, by virtue of very small little steps I can take towards that at first, and those small first little steps become more and more steps, and then bigger and bigger steps. And now that I am rewarded by the journey itself, now I am inspired to expand the journey even more so. And even go outside and enjoy the expanded freedom I did not even ask for, or search for. But did that stop me from finding it? I had no choice, but to find that which I seek. Even if I forgot I am seeking, my experience will always remind of who I am. And who I have become and am capable of becoming.

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

Lol.

I saw a man today, about 4000 feet from where I was standing. About 1.5 kilometers from where was standing. Was I looking for him? No, but I saw him. He had no shirt, somewhat of facial hair. Shaking his t-shirt, and wearing a new clean overall.

Then I looked above this man, and there I saw a woman, waiting, at the table of one of the finest restaurants in the city. As the waitre and her date came to the table, where they were sitting.

Was I searching for these people? No, but I can't help that I found them.

So if I was not even searching for these people, then how come I found them doing these things 4000 feet from where I was standing?

Edited by Everything

19 hours ago, dosa said:

All are genuinely in search of the truth so as to escape from reality(生老病死).

17 hours ago, lifeforce said:

17 hours ago, dosa said:

Perhaps there is a miscommunication here. @dosa are you implying the death=reality? Are you further implying that dead is a forever darkness, an oblivion? If so then I can see your response to @lifeforce as making sense. But if you are not implying this, if you are not implying that there is no afterlife then I don't understand what you mean.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lost in Translation said:

Perhaps there is a miscommunication here. @dosa are you implying the death=reality? Are you further implying that dead is a forever darkness, an oblivion? If so then I can see your response to @lifeforce as making sense. But if you are not implying this, if you are not implying that there is no afterlife then I don't understand what you mean.

You don't lose consciousness. It just changes shape and form to where you no longer recognize it as being the same as you are used to in your waking consciousness. Just like when you go to sleep, you reemerge back into the fullness of who you are. And as you wake up early in the morning and let go of thought, by meditating while even lying in your bed, you can then connect to your non-physical consciousness in a way that you can recognize it more fully in your waking mind that is now consciously entering the dream reality of quasi physical plane. Very often early in the morning, waking up 2 hours earlier and then going back to sleep more consciously free from any thought or resistance in anyway, then often at these times people have out of body experiences, waking initiated lucid dreaming, etc. This semi physical reality is also often called astral plane or even called the template reality where upon you decide the themes of your life in your physical waking experience. And one can even enter that more easily if they feel very good and use their powerful ability to focus in more and more good feeling ways so as to enter the full realization of all that you focus upon in more expansive ways. 

Everything is vibration and consciousness. Even 2 dimensional elemental consciousness of a rock is still conscious that it is this rock and not that rock. And that it is solid and not soft to whatever degree it is being that solidity of that which is who it is. And everything is connected via the same consciousness of all that exists who even experiences it self as all that exists even from beyond any dimension of experience of even forms of consciousness that exist completely out of the realm of any physical laws at all.

So nothing is set in stone in a sense. Except the fact that you exist. For even the changing nature of ever change changes into the unchanging of your eternal and infinite nature as existance itself.

But the death experience itself is always the most fully flowing path of least resistance to the full realization of all that you truely are. Does that mean you have to die before you allow yourself to know that? No, only if you like to live a miserable life and then shoot yourself like a rocket into that experience of fully coming to know yourself again and allowing all of that which you are beyond the idea of choice. But if you're living joyfully and then die, it will be like walking into a different reality of further continuation of who you are as who you've already always been allowing yourself to be.

You don't lose identity in the way people think. You just go to the more of the new and the next and the more of all that is who you truely are. And it's not like your soul is judging this experience or your past, at all. For you've always been all of it. You just experience it more and more in every new way of allowing yourself to experience all of it. So you could say that those who died are more fully here and now. They haven't gone anywhere "other." And you didn't lose connection with them, just like you can never fully lose connection with your own soul. You can only pinch off your life force from fully allowing all of it to flow through more fully than you know you can in your moments of despair. But that doesn't mean you are or will ever or can ever be disconnected. Even if you wait a lifelong before fully allowing yourself to flow back in harmony with who it is you really are, as you then leave all of the resistance here with your body and flow back with the natural full free flowing nature of well being that is of all nature.

But the best thing is to allow that full nature to come forth here in your now physical body, while still being alive!

How to do that? You could look for something easy that you can appreciate in your now, and then experience your full nature to flow more fully through you in that moment of appreciation that you have now allowed yourself to achieve.

But even a ceasing of judgement and making peace with your now reality can be of help as then you would also be more able to feel that natural appreciating nature of who it is you really are.

But there is no one true path for everyone. All the paths are valid. And so, everyone exists, by virtue of that unconditionally loving nature and infinite wise nature of who it is you really are as all of that which is who you truely are in ever expanding realizations of more and better and even better yet, forevermore.

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1