LAOLONG

suggestion

But wars bring in more money for the manufacturers and the politicians.

Food has a shelf life, wars can go on for decades.

wars... so seldom fought by those who start them and profit on them...  fought by the young, convinced that they are stamping out demons... but our foes are simple humans.  More in common with us than apart, no matter how far from home they seem...

truly... what if one day... no one showed up?  what if one fine day... young folks realized they can spend their energy building what they love, instead of seeking things to despise and destroy...?

what a day! 

oh, that day is now.  hate never heals hate... only love can do that.

yet how to love my enemy?

who is my enemy?

who am i?

• Like 2

On 6/1/2018 at 11:35 PM, ONE said:

The world is full of MF in global level who are interested in  fighting
 And Wars . I can suggest them instead of fighting , begin to calibrate life , there are so many occasion 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_food_days

War is life. There would be no life with out it.

The First Truth is that all life is suffering, pain, and misery.

The Second Truth is that this suffering is caused by selfish craving and personal desire.

One of the desires is to keep on living.....need to fix it....

Edited by windwalker

On 6/2/2018 at 12:28 AM, silent thunder said:

truly... what if one day... no one showed up?  what if one fine day... young folks realized they can spend their energy building what they love, instead of seeking things to despise and destroy...?

They already do,. some call them homeless. In some places it's a problem.

Stopping states from going to wars or oppressing their populace is one thing, but to take the element of conflict out of human nature is another. Fighting with the family, arguing with the spouse, chastising the kids, disputing with the neighbor, how about all that stuff? It starts there.

4 hours ago, CityHermit! said:

In the spirit of the thread though, I do think food is a good way to bring people together despite their differences.

Music and sex help too.

• Like 2

On 02/06/2018 at 1:35 AM, ONE said:

The world is full of MF in global level who are interested in  fighting
 And Wars . I can suggest them instead of fighting , begin to calibrate life , there are so many occasion 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_food_days

Let me see if I can understand you this time ;

You are going to suggest Putin or other world leaders  give up military pursuits and go make pancakes ?

We used to have a Prime Minister  that celebrated  the first Friday of August  ;

6726eeedeaa71ce6f277e9e60f30e8e1

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CityHermit! said:

In the spirit of the thread though, I do think food is a good way to bring people together despite their differences.

latest?cb=20110813001355

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CityHermit! said:

1 hour ago, Marblehead said:

Music and sex help too.

Put it all together and throw a party. Parties can bring people together despite their differences too.

• Like 2

On 6/3/2018 at 4:25 AM, windwalker said:

War is life. There would be no life with out it.

I think that is a profound thought that we need to realize is a part of human existence. 

On 6/3/2018 at 8:10 AM, CityHermit! said:

Stopping states from going to wars or oppressing their populace is one thing, but to take the element of conflict out of human nature is another. Fighting with the family, arguing with the spouse, chastising the kids, disputing with the neighbor, how about all that stuff? It starts there.

I think it starts from us individually as we age

• Thanks 1

On 6/3/2018 at 8:13 AM, CityHermit! said:

What kind of food? processed food?

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 11:37 AM, Mig said:

What kind of food? processed food?

Well, ideally natural food and various unique cuisines. There's a lot of history to the diffusion of food items and cooking too, that's a thread worthy topic in its own right.

Ideally peace works from the ground up. 

Starting with ourselves, then our families, our communities, our leaders, our nation, our world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, thelerner said:

Ideally peace works from the ground up. 

Starting with ourselves, then our families, our communities, our leaders, our nation, our world.

Peace? at the higher level starting from top: world, nations and leaders, I don't see peace but constant struggle, don't you think so? even at the family level there is always some sort of less peaceful moments

true, I did say ideally though.

Yet there's a bias towards thinking things are 'worse then ever' that runs rampant through the human psyche.  And the truth is percentage wise, there is less war right now, there is less poverty, there are strides being made. 

I'd wager that for all its problems the 21st century is doing better then the 20th.  For example we're not in the midst of a world war right now.  WWI had over 16 million casualties and would spark multiple genocides.   So far we've been plague free.  Let's not forget the Flu pandemic of 1918, ie the Spanish Flu that killed off between 50 to 100 million people at a time, single handed dropping the life expectancy by 12 years at a time when we had a much smaller population.

So.. while its good to see the whole picture, one has to look at the progress and smell the roses too.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2018 at 1:33 PM, Nungali said:

You are going to suggest Putin or other world leaders  give up military pursuits and go make pancakes ?

Is it too much to ask that Trump and Putin immediately and unilaterally dismantle the entire military in favor of government sponsored pancake houses to feed the poor, the hungry, the paleo-diet challenged?  Probably.  But even a few steps in that direction can make a difference.  Let`s rise up as a nation and demand pure maple syrup.  Let`s support organic blueberry farms.  Let`s refuse to attend military parades.  May the change you want to see in the world begin with breakfast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, liminal_luke said:

Is it too much to ask that Trump and Putin immediately and unilaterally dismantle the entire military in favor of government sponsored pancake houses to feed the poor, the hungry, the paleo-diet challenged?  Probably.  But even a few steps in that direction can make a difference.  Let`s rise up as a nation and demand pure maple syrup.  Let`s support organic blueberry farms.  Let`s refuse to attend military parades.  May the change you want to see in the world begin with breakfast.

Apparently it is the interstellar peacemaker as well