Distribution of I.Q
I.Q  in population is distribute
In a bell shape curve when tha average is 100 and 34% are between 100-120 iQ
And 34% are between 80-100 IQ
14% are 120-140 IQ
And 14% are 60-80 IQ
2% are above 140 iQ
With only 0.1%  above 160 IQ .
50% of any given population are belaw 100 IQ  ( totally stupid )

• Like 2

The geography of IQ
In a global world with open borders
There is a tendency of the 
16% >120 IQ to immigrate to
Developed country's and developed
Townes .

1 hour ago, SHINTO said:

Townes .

If true, is this why more people want to live in  countries

where they would be around others of high IQ who have developed

them and the societies they live in?

The real question might be what determines IQ , is higher IQ reflective 

of countries that are developed "culture" . or by genetics among different populations of humans, or a combination of both ie some humans populations tend to share more of the same genetics allowing them to develop and  live in more developed cultures that others want to live. in?

Edited by windwalker

or find acceptance with archaic spelling and/or misspellings

how does anyone truly define intelligence? an IQ test score?

what if someone had a stroke and lost some brain capacity functioning and fail testing

but know happiness walking the dog in the bitter cold and small joys in a garden?

I watched a documentary recently it. the gist of it was a special woman who (dr.Nise)

opted for mentally ill patients to create art and care for stray animals

many whom would be considered totally stupid- according to THE IQ standard of measure and

be in line for lobotomy or medications

many incredible works of art and healing.....

what can a smart man not see

that a dumb one can?

sorry my thinking is thinking

• Like 4

"

how does anyone truly define intelligence? an IQ test score?" 

In fact yes that's how it's done. 

you do understand what it measures or attempts to measure

Edited by windwalker

5 hours ago, sagebrush said:

what can a smart man not see

that a dumb one can?

sorry my thinking is thinking

High IQ in most cases is in opposite correlation with creativity test scores.  It is the reason why
There are few genius who are breakthrough thinkers .

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SHINTO said:

High IQ in most cases is in opposite correlation with creativity test scores.  It is the reason why
There are few genius who are breakthrough thinkers .

what few, what test did they take.....

How are the test put together, what do they measure.

In imperial china the theory is
That science didn't developed because to be a high rank official
You had to take exam at Confucius classics.
So all the high iQ man in imperial
China studied Confucius instead of
Science .
The same was in EU in the middle age ,the man with high IQ went to be catholic monks and had  no
Offspring's  (there is correlation between parent child IQ ) So in hundred's of years many EU regions
Become stupid.

1 hour ago, SHINTO said:

In imperial china the theory is
That science didn't developed because to be a high rank official
You had to take exam at Confucius classics.
So all the high iQ man in imperial
China studied Confucius instead of
Science .
The same was in EU in the middle age ,the man with high IQ went to be catholic monks and had  no
Offspring's  (there is correlation between parent child IQ ) So in hundred's of years many EU regions
Become stupid.

European culture did develop science - how did they manage this if they were stupid?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SHINTO said:

Become stupid.

considering whats going over there now, this might explain a lot of things. 

although being stupid is not the same as having  low IQ. 

"There is a tendency of the 
Townes ."

The video answers some of the questions posed. 

based on the information presented a take away might be that those groups with higher IQ as measured tend to have more advanced developed cultures. that attract others with higher IQs 

Edited by windwalker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Apech said:

European culture did develop science - how did they manage this if they were stupid?

In the middle ages  they were

Stupid  

From wiki on middle ages,

The medieval period is frequently caricatured as a "time of ignorance and superstition" that placed "the word of religious authorities over personal experience and rational activity

2 minutes ago, SHINTO said:

In the middle ages  they were

Stupid  

From wiki on middle ages,

The medieval period is frequently caricatured as a "time of ignorance and superstition" that placed "the word of religious authorities over personal experience and rational activity

really.  So how did they get from this to the Renaissance? if they were stupid?

• Like 1

I would first like to go back and ask Shinto what is your agenda/hope in presenting the material about distribution of IQ?

I can speculate that you may have above average intelligence. maybe not.

then a few other pot stirring folks want to play the racial card...including Linda's oppositional viewers-she who is just out trying to collect/organize data, perhaps

there are as many different IQ's as grains of sand on the beach.....I can concur with that

someone will be faster

someone slower

someone fat

someone skinny

someone in the middle and someone in the margins..

there would have to be an awful lot of testing and I am not sure what it would then prove.

many smart people that I have read about tend to leave society.....

Thoreau, jung, merton, Pocahontas...tossing in a native American woman to balance out the dominate white male role

another wonderful documentary I watched was about a school called shanti bhavan....

incredibly profound and inspiring. a man sold his fortune 500 business and built a school to educate a select few the lowest of the caste system in India...the untouchables.....from kindergarten to high school age. while the box office accumulates big dollars for nonsense movie making........some info like Shanti Bhavan go unnoticed. most beautiful

not so good with history with middle ages and renaissance although the baroque music sure is beyond compare.

shall we take an IQ test Shinto so we know?

break through thinkers?

I thought there was nothing new under the sun.

what information do you want to present Shinto--do you have any breaks?

man is suppose to be the most intelligent on the planet...but I find that difficult to believe considering

what is happening in developed locations....

Edited by sagebrush
  • Like 3

I love the Bell Curve. Get a big enough population and just about everything will conform to it and that includes other attributes like strength or wisdom. But, I always notice that smart people always want to discuss intelligence and strong ones want to talk about how strong they are in comparison to others. I notice only one person in this thread mentioned "wisdom". I'd put that guy in the top 50% of the Wisdom Bell Curve.

• Like 3

I would first like to go back and ask Shinto what is your agenda/hope in presenting the material about distribution of IQ?

Shinto does not work like that .    But in this thread he has almost become as responsive as he used to be .  The policy seems to be , if questioned or challenged , ignore it .

I can speculate that you may have above average intelligence. maybe not.

He also won;t say if  English is his main language.  So any measure f intelligence must be gleaned from content of posts and how he explains himself. 

then a few other pot stirring folks want to play the racial card...including Linda's oppositional viewers-she who is just out trying to collect/organize data, perhaps

there are as many different IQ's as grains of sand on the beach.....I can concur with that

someone will be faster

someone slower

someone fat

someone skinny

someone in the middle and someone in the margins..

there would have to be an awful lot of testing and I am not sure what it would then prove.

It proves how smart you are ... within modern white western Euro culture .  Which is why other cultures and peoples score lower.

Scientists debunk the IQ myth: Notion of measuring one's intelligence quotient by singular, standardized test is highly misleading

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/12/121219133334.htm

IQ tests are 'fundamentally flawed' and using them alone to measure intelligence is a 'fallacy', study finds

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/iq-tests-are-fundamentally-flawed-and-using-them-alone-to-measure-intelligence-is-a-fallacy-study-8425911.html

Race and intelligence: A sorry tale of shoddy science

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2009/nov/12/race-intelligence-iq-science

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_race_and_intelligence_controversy

many smart people that I have read about tend to leave society.....

Thoreau, jung, merton, Pocahontas...tossing in a native American woman to balance out the dominate white male role

another wonderful documentary I watched was about a school called shanti bhavan....

incredibly profound and inspiring. a man sold his fortune 500 business and built a school to educate a select few the lowest of the caste system in India...the untouchables.....from kindergarten to high school age. while the box office accumulates big dollars for nonsense movie making........some info like Shanti Bhavan go unnoticed. most beautiful

not so good with history with middle ages and renaissance although the baroque music sure is beyond compare.

shall we take an IQ test Shinto so we know?

break through thinkers?

I thought there was nothing new under the sun.

what information do you want to present Shinto--do you have any breaks?

man is suppose to be the most intelligent on the planet...but I find that difficult to believe considering

what is happening in developed locations....

An intelligent person or society does not progressively destroy its own air water and food supply .

Thats called stupidity .    An intelligent person explores, finds and implements solutions which benefit themselves and others at the same time.   A stupid person does actions that neither benefits themselves nor others.  

• Like 1

It proves how smart you are ... within modern white western Euro culture .  Which is why other cultures and peoples score lower.

Which might be true for some if only it was based on fact and studies like

"

The Worldwide Pattern of IQ Scores. East Asians average higher on IQ tests than Whites, both in the U. S. and in Asia, even though IQ tests were developed for use in the Euro-American culture. Around the world, the average IQ for East Asians centers around 106; for Whites, about 100; and for Blacks about 85 in the U.S. and 70 in sub-Saharan Africa."

It should be noted that in gen Asian peoples always felt they were more intelligent then other peoples and labeled them as such "barbarians"    This still goes on today,,if one lives in any Asian culture most will soon come to understand this.

Interesting how physical traits influence it.  

"Brain Size Differences. Studies using magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) find a correlation of brain size with IQ of about 0.40. Larger brains contain more neurons and synapses and process information faster. Race differences in brain size are present at birth. By adulthood, East Asians average 1 cubic inch more cranial capacity than Whites who average 5 cubic inches more than Blacks." https://www.news-medical.net/news/2005/04/26/Race-differences-in-average-IQ-are-largely-genetic.aspx

Looks like size dose matter.

Scientists debunk the IQ myth: Notion of measuring one's intelligence quotient by singular, standardized test is highly misleading

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/12/121219133334.htm

IQ tests are 'fundamentally flawed' and using them alone to measure intelligence is a 'fallacy', study finds

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/iq-tests-are-fundamentally-flawed-and-using-them-alone-to-measure-intelligence-is-a-fallacy-study-8425911.html

Race and intelligence: A sorry tale of shoddy science

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2009/nov/12/race-intelligence-iq-science

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_race_and_intelligence_controversy

An intelligent person or society does not progressively destroy its own air water and food supply .

Thats called stupidity .    An intelligent person explores, finds and implements solutions which benefit themselves and others at the same time.   A stupid person does actions that neither benefits themselves nor others.  

The OP post

"The geography of IQ
In a global world with open borders
Townes ."

Is predicated on IQ being an accepted fact and measurement,.. 

I always find it amusing when others berate, the cultures and peoples that brought forth much of the technologies that they use to berate them with to include laws and cultures,.  all the while extolling the virtues of  cultures or peoples that they do not live with or follow who have not.

There is nothing stopping one from adopting the life style they believe in,.

Edited by windwalker
  • Like 3

I always find it amusing when others berate, the cultures and peoples that brought forth much of the technologies that they use to berate them with to include laws and cultures,.  all the while extolling the virtues of  cultures or peoples that they do not live with or follow who have not.

not sure I understand that statement. I read it several times

maybe I would want to understand what your thought process is can you provide and example-simple.

I do not think I am berating.

I think that IQ has a place somewhere.

it is part of testing for things like act/sat..entrance exams whatnot..

I think that there could be no race superior to any other by matter of intelligence.

I get too bored with statistics. nice that you can zero in on info and like to examine things like that.

I am satisfied that in my heart of hearts and in my own limited intelligence that

we are all equal.

not concerned with color/gender or creeds... it might be good to examine a variety to cultures to pick and choose some better routes to take....like it might be best to eat a Mediterranean diet vs  say an average American diet....

who is the smarter race? no such thing but

now when it comes to cat and dogs...

cats are smarter than dogs by far.

meow

5 hours ago, windwalker said:

Which might be true for some if only it was based on fact and studies like

"

The Worldwide Pattern of IQ Scores. East Asians average higher on IQ tests than Whites, both in the U. S. and in Asia, even though IQ tests were developed for use in the Euro-American culture. Around the world, the average IQ for East Asians centers around 106; for Whites, about 100; and for Blacks about 85 in the U.S. and 70 in sub-Saharan Africa."

It should be noted that in gen Asian peoples always felt they were more intelligent then other peoples and labeled them as such "barbarians"    This still goes on today,,if one lives in any Asian culture most will soon come to understand this.

Interesting how physical traits influence it.  

"Brain Size Differences. Studies using magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) find a correlation of brain size with IQ of about 0.40. Larger brains contain more neurons and synapses and process information faster. Race differences in brain size are present at birth. By adulthood, East Asians average 1 cubic inch more cranial capacity than Whites who average 5 cubic inches more than Blacks." https://www.news-medical.net/news/2005/04/26/Race-differences-in-average-IQ-are-largely-genetic.aspx

Looks like size dose 

ו am aware to this facts ,
My theory is that it is
Because the white and Asiatic
Race have 2-4% Neanderthal gens
In the DNA . The  Neanderthal used to have a larger brain ,
And head size .

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neanderthal

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SHINTO said:

ו am aware to this facts ,
My theory is that it is
Because the white and Asiatic
Race have 2-4% Neanderthal gens
In the DNA . The  Neanderthal used to have a larger brain ,
And head size .

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neanderthal

you do understand that in any "discussion"  about IQ there will be those who seem to confuse intelligence aptitude with ability to put it to use.  Lots of smart people making stupid decisions,. any discussion about higher IQ  will naturally tend to look at race and culture.  

Edited by windwalker

I am satisfied that in my heart of hearts and in my own limited intelligence that

we are all equal.

Good you are satisfied with a fiction that your " limited intelligence" allows for.

Be happy living in a un real world. 

8 hours ago, sagebrush said:

I think that IQ has a place somewhere.

it is part of testing for things like act/sat..entrance exams whatnot..

I think that there could be no race superior to any other by matter of intelligence.

but then there's this 

Notice its never applied  to any type of sporting activity where one is measured on performance.  Why is that?

One could extrapolate this to cultures and countries that people want to move to "because"  

Edited by windwalker
  • Like 2

IQ IS NOT MEASURING THE Quantity OF Intelligence
BUT THE QUALITY OF IT.
IN SPORTS ONE CAN CROSS THE FINISH LINE  BY WALKING
HE WILL BE THE LAST ,BUT HE
CROSSED .IT IS  QUANTITY .
IN  IQ  SEVERAL MAN WITH 80 IQ
Cant solve a problem  at any given time that a 120 IQ MAN would solve.  It is a different quality
Of thinking . People with 100 iQ
Cant understand complicate models , or multidimensional
Theory ,thy just cant no matter
How mach effort thy will make.

• Like 1