1. 1. What do you do for a living?

• Illegal
    • Top Secret
    • You dont want to know
    • Unemployed
    • Full time taoist(bum)
    • Student
    • Other(specify below)

If it's spiritual progress I'm after, there's plenty of that to be had right here in the cauldron of the city.  It's great to take a retreat once in a while to recharge the batteries.  But when i go out to the woods, the woods reflects me back to me (sometimes, rather harshly!).  When I drive, the traffic reflects me to me.  When I go out in a crowd, I see myself in the crowd.  When i sit and home and meditate or even just think, I still see me.  It appears I don't have to go anywhere special or pure to cultivate.

Very nice :D

in addition to tracker school, i recommend ed binns' urban coyote class.

http://www.urbancoyotes.org

3084[/snapback]

Peter,

Did you do his Coyote Investing? If so what dod he cover and how was it? What are the books he mentions as required reading?

Thanks,

Tenguzake

WELL I HAVE ALWAYS HAD AN INTUITTION ABOUT IT AS A CHILD, I USED TO SPANK MINE BABOON FOR HOURS LOCKED INTO A CLOSET IN DA DARK.

DA BREAK THRU OCUR WHEN YA TAKE OVER YER DREAM MENTAL ACTIVITY. UNLITL THEN, YA WONT GO TOO FAR BECCAUSE YA'LL END UP EJACULLTATTIN IN YER DREAMS WHEN DA FEMALE SUCCUBI LURE YA INTO SURRENDER.

DA BEST MANUAL BE MASTER CHIA'S BOOK. JUST FOLOW IT TO DA LETTER WITH TWO (2) ADDITIONS, VIZ.,

1) DA FINGER LOCK TECHNIQUE AINT DESCRIBBED ACURATTELY BY MASTER CHIA, IT BE *VERY* IMPORTANT TO HIT DA RIGHT SPOT WHICH BE CLOSER TO DA BUNGA-HOWL ELSE YA REDDIRRECT YER SEMEN INTO YER BLADER WITH 100% LOSS O CHING.

2) DA DREAM YOGA ASPECT BE NOT MENTIONNED AT ALL.

BUT MASTER CHIA'S BOOK WILL LEAD YA FOR DA FIRST 3-6 MONTHS, AFTER WHICH YALL NEED DA DREAM YOGA BREAKTHRU USUALY.

BYE NOW

RJ

3088[/snapback]

i got chia's book, i got dr lins cd too (which i find easier to follow than chia).

where do you learn dream yoga from?

yeah i get those women milking me at night from time to time.... succubi huh? damnit.

Peter,

Did you do his Coyote Investing? If so what dod he cover and how was it? What are the books he mentions as required reading?

Thanks,

Tenguzake

3093[/snapback]

yeah, the investing course is awesome. teaches you how to track, what resources, etc. not necessarily convetnional methods.

the required reading for th efirst class is "iron john" and "games people play". both very good books. i think games people play had the bigiest impact on me. i went on to read another of berne's books called "what do you day after you say hello?" probably did more for my psychological work esoterically than any other book.

i got chia's book, i got dr lins cd too (which i find easier to follow than chia).

where do you learn dream yoga from?

yeah i get those women milking me at night from time to time.... succubi huh? damnit.

3107[/snapback]

DREAM YOGA BE YOGA PRACTICED WHILE IN LUCID DREAM STATE,

SO YA NEED TO SEIZE YER DREAM MIND N GAIN CONTROL OVER YER ACTIONS N YER THOUGHTS WHILE IN DA DREAMS. YA CAN READ BOOKS ABOUT IT, BUT ESENTIALLY YA HAVE TO INVENT DA WAY, THRU BECCOMIN OBSESED WITH IT LIKE IT WAS A QUESTION O LIFE N DEATH (WHICH IN A SENSE , IT BE).

RJ

Mugwort can help you with lucid dreaming. Unless you can already lucid dream, in which case it will fuck it up. Be careful, though. If you're avoiding dealing with anything in yr life and you burn the mugwort or use it in a dream pillow, it WILL come up so make sure you're ready for that.

SO YA NEED TO SEIZE YER DREAM MIND N GAIN CONTROL OVER YER ACTIONS N YER THOUGHTS WHILE IN DA DREAMS. YA CAN READ BOOKS ABOUT IT, BUT ESENTIALLY YA HAVE TO INVENT DA WAY, THRU BECCOMIN OBSESED WITH IT LIKE IT WAS A QUESTION O LIFE N DEATH (WHICH IN A SENSE , IT BE).

RJ

3110[/snapback]

RJ

3110[/snapback]

i agree with everything you said about "dream yoga." i'd like to add a few remarks. i go to the point where i could wake myself up before ejacualting. on the rare occasions i did, i noticed something significant. the semen becomes like water--no sperm present, or very very little. if you successfully transmute the jing (sperm) during practice, it leaves none to ejacualte if you run into trouble, or very little and the energy loss is minimal, perhaps insignificant. daily transmutation keeps you clear and nothing is there to feed the succubi. eventually the neutral space becames vast enough that the succubi cant threaten you. its protection. but they will do their damnedest to keep you from developing to that stage.

this is interesting for another reason--this transmuation is not some sort of vague energy work. a physical change takes place. a definite and observable physical change. your very matter is altered. in this case, sperm.

Great thread!

I've not held a real job since my priest gig gave out 10,000 years ago...

How'd you manage that, Yoda?

Simple... I made it my policy to die before the age of 30. So I could joyride my kidchi into the ground and repeat. I couldn't make further as I would invariably run out of sperm and die.

This life, I ran into a High Lama who insisted on giving me a long life blessing and I took it without thinking it all the way through... So this time I just got depressed, but didn't die.

Like what Ron said, you need a strategy to stay happy past 30.

-Yoda

yeah... redfox has hit it.... I have sacrificed nearly all of my spiritual gains... I have sacrificed any pracitical hope at a serious spiritual livelihood when I joined the army....

..but if I were serious about enlightenment then I could have made no better a choice!

I just turned 19... I will be working a cushy job in a little health clinic in germany... I graduate training this wednesday... ...it is not so much graduating from training but this bullshit way of life of the army trainee... it really has been a miserable fucking 6 months... but it is about to pay off !!

hahaha I am so excited to share this news with you guys... get back into the 'community'......... perhaps I have kundalini arousal waiting for me in germany... I bet I do.... especially since I have the money to throw away on teachers...

yes so I am a medic in the army....

Hey guys,

First, sorry for the delay in the answer for this thread.

Looks like a whole lotta bums out there...doing what they can to make a living and continue cultivation.

My job at the moment is in the marketing industry, with demands always high and constantly sucking my energy during the daytime...I have to practice twice as hard in the early regimens to keep myself up and then sustain myself with some whole food "good eats" and then back to the real in depth practices by night...and then I cool down with a walk with my two little furballs...it keeps me constantly busy, let me tell ya. I only have to "do time" for a year or so and then should be ready to launch the business of my dreams. This will be a continued health lifestyle institute...offering many services and products, and will be the product of 4 years in the making. Hopefully my homework has been thorough enough to keep the place in good standing for years! We shall see...in time.

One of the greatest gifts we recieve is the life we live, and what you do with it shows how much you appreciate it...

-Jessica

Sean, how about installing a fucken spell checker? I dont care but maybe some people will be annoyed byt thew spelling msiutakes in this.

Come on now, ONLY EIGHT of you have replied, revealing how you make ends meet(or not). What do you do for a living?????????? 6 of you are taobums full time? 2 students. 3-you dont want to knows....

I hear UK is the "metropolis of cool"? I am thinking of moving somwhere like Amsterdam so I can just become a farmer and chill for a while off that income. Or somewhere cool, perhaps where my $ will go much further? Maybe I could learn and meet people, explore the world or something.

Otherwise, I want to go ahead with this training for your new career in the "Energy healing revolution." I will be training/reading/searching hard with great passion over the next few months, as I have been for the past year, and perhaps my whole life. IanB, I respect your wisdom immensly. And before you rag on this training offered by Jahnke, perhaps look at it a bit closer, as it seems to be very thorough, this Roger Jahnke has good credentials. Perhaps this he offers the cutting edge course in "integral tai chi and qi gong". Good call on the 4 points: partner-money-place to live-time...good thinking. Willl expand on this partner idea and say perhaps more than 1 partner...maybe get 2...5...10,000. Same with $, places to live and time. Perhaps my services would take flight much better in a high class town where people have money to through around, rather than a little town (where I am now living...def something to think about, perhaps use to my advantage one way or the other).

Now, of course, people have thought about this before and either failed or suceeded in being a full time "tao bum" but basic logic tells me that there are INFINITE ways to "market" the truth-specificaly skills in tai chi kung fu yoga meditation-------------oneness.

So, now, lets brainstorm on them infinite ways:

HaPPyMaraXXus, I was wondering if you would reveal more details about your plans/services that you will offer?

Let the brainstorming begin..................................................

tai chi kung fu yoga meditation--1ness.

shamanism techniques

weight loss

ressurection of christ/mohammed/god... in you

enlightenment

healing

transcedence

fulfillment

massage

revolution

energy

truth

HEAVEN***********

cosmic

meditation

rightiousnessssssss

virtues

dance

music

singing

chanting humming and mantras

sex************

age of aquarius

pharmacratic inquisition

alex grey

art that is ill:

-music

-movies

sungazing

martial arts based on qi gong (how its saposed to be)

how to get very flexible in a short period of time

how to transcend time

travel to past and future

remote viewing???????????

aliens!!!!!!!!!

dolphins

montauk...

tantra

the secret destiny of america

alchemy

truth about the freemasons

founding fathers

and secret societies!

(remember to breath)

technology-age of information

investing**************************????

how to get more/better sex/love

how to channel energy

sacraments

(remember to beath)

buddah tao jesus,

just jesus, networking with chuches

networking with sick/old people? ehhh, no thanks, unless they come to me

living in the woods? will be doing that this summer at festivals and training clothing-fashion-brand

bumper stickers

signs

advertisements in papers

make friends at newspaper/s

teach for free to get heads interested

wait for people to come to me to teach them rather than go out into the world trying to make money off of spirituality---what a GRAND PARADOX

affiliating with yoga studios

and the hippie stores

music shops

use internet

write a book

study with best teachers in world, become friends with them

do none of the things in this list

do all of them

dont try to do anything and let them happen in a natural manner

**********~**********use caduceus symbol**********~**********

star of david, cross, yin yang...

baha'i... 9 pointed star

drum circles

incognito

mind control

cia

einstein

lu dong bin

immortals

immortal

eternal

interfaith relations

inter-church relations

yellow surrounded by amber

synagauges, jews

poor people

rich people

swastika!-----crazy mad publicity/controversy is good for business? of course this symbol is used in falun gong too and such, remember people are dying/getting tortured for this falun gong, remember that

spiral

move to caly

stay in this small town

move to NYC

live at home

live with 2 girlfriends

fly

not fly

try

not try

higher than jesus

fuck the police

just kidding

telemarketing

just kidding

balance

core

center

humor

institute

research

research institute

comedy

dojo

comedy dojo??? no what?

stand up comedy

theatre

arts adimistration

psychology

psychiatry

nueroscience

harvard medical school

lawyer/s?

my friends

integral

capoira (Brazilian dance-fighters---this is awesome if you havent seen it you must check it out)

above and beyond all teachers

integrating their essences

going with the flow

relaxing

training

school

now

this could go on forever

or not :D

Okay, I'll bite! I work at the public access TV station as the front desk as a glorified receptionist aka "member service representative." We keep getting our budget cut and have a hiring freeze and people quit, so we get the joy of more work for the same pay. And my hours are really bad...

So sometimes i hate it because most of the people that come in are crazy and draining and want to talk to me about aliens or government conspiracies or how the jews control the media...but then I just started getting into it when people yelled at me, feeding off that energy, and now I realized--and I've been experimenting with this--that when people direct tons of draining or angry energy to me, I can just take a deep breath, and breathe it in, and it feels SO good!!! Like today this guy totally yelled at me on the phone for no good reason and hung up, and it was SUCH an AWESOME chi blast!!! It made me smile for about ten minutes... Then there was the woman who spent about fifteen minutes telling me she wanted to get a pen to her daughter upstairs, but she didn't want to leave the pen here, or leave the pen with someone upstairs, or leave the pen with her daughter upstairs, or anything. Normally this would have frustrated me to no end (as I juggle the six phone lines on the switchboard, do my piles of data entry and deal with five zillion people asking me, 'do you know where so-and-so is?" as if i have the capability of monitoring the whereabouts of three dozen people. But today I just couldn't help laughing hysterically about the absurdity of it all. ANd then I said, "Just go upstairs! You can do it!! We'll be here when you get back! Okay, I'm gonna count to ten!"

So maybe my job is really a blessing in disguise. And I get a lot of free time to check e-mail... Also it gives me a lot of really great comedy routine material. You wouldn't even believe the shit that goes down here on a regular basis... I still want to work somewhere else, though.

I've been toying with ideas to get supplemental income with things I have been doing for free/donation for years, so that should be fun...

The UK is really expensive, btw...

grand trinity, you are one crazy dude.... you have to be the most regular poster of all here lately...

dont worry, its the energy of youth! at least you (like me too) learn about the importance of semen cultivation, we will be able to keep this youth for years to come yet!

holland is a cool place if you like smoking weed, getting drunk, fucking prostitutes and taking other kinds of drugs. the people are cool and crazy. but if the above doesn't interest you (it dont interest me anymore) then dont bother. it is probably the ugliest country i have ever been to in my life.... it did use to be underwater, and it shows.

there is hardly any forest/tree cover. no mountains. and once you go inland away from amsterdam the buildings are the ugliest you could ever imagine.

uk is so expensive. also a big drug capital, especially london (base of the illuminati, of course its gonna be a fucked up place.... wherever these guys have a base, surrounding them is shit. take washington for example, inner city of london for second example). i have been told about people who go to live in london that have never had drugs before, no interest in them.... a couple of months in london however and they are regular ecstasy imbibers, coke snorters and pot smokers, not to mention alcohol drinkers.

but then again the world is fast falling apart... should you want to survive past 2012 and into the future... GET OUT OF THE CITIES!

peace.

grand trinity, you are one crazy dude.... you have to be the most regular poster of all here lately...

dont worry, its the energy of youth! at least you (like me too) learn about the importance of semen cultivation, we will be able to keep this youth for years to come yet!

peace.

3243[/snapback]

quite right. i learned it when i was 23. and people think i still am.......well, ok, they usually guess 28.

i agree with everything you said about "dream yoga."  i'd like to add a few remarks.  i go to the point where i could wake myself up before ejacualting.  on the rare occasions i did, i noticed something significant.  the semen becomes like water--no sperm present, or very very little.  if you successfully transmute the jing (sperm) during practice, it leaves none to ejacualte if you run into trouble, or very little and the energy loss is minimal, perhaps insignificant.  daily transmutation keeps you clear and nothing is there to feed the succubi.  eventually the neutral space becames vast enough that the succubi cant threaten you.  its protection.  but they will do their damnedest to keep you from developing to that stage.

this is interesting for another reason--this transmuation is not some sort of vague energy work.  a physical change takes place.  a definite and observable physical change.  your very matter is altered.  in this case, sperm.

3117[/snapback]

SEMMEN TURN THICK N GOLD IN COLLOR, EVVENTUALY IT BECCOME DA GOLDEN PILL. IT TAKE A WET FLOUR SMELL N A HEAVIER WEIGHT. IT TASTE GOOD, OR SO THEY SAY.

IF YA EJACULATE IT THERE BE NO-THANG TO TRANS-FORM.

RJ

[by the way, I was wonder what all of you Tao Bums do for a living??? I am thinking about dropping out of college and starting a career in Qi Gong, with certification from the HT.

My family is one of the largest importers of rugs from China and India in this country. actually, Europe too. If you plug my last name into any search engine you will probably see a bunch of ads for Rugs. I run a chain of stores here in sunny Arizona . Most of my family is on the East coast, NY and Atlanta. My Unlcles do a ton of traveling to China. When I finally get my MBA I wouldn't mind taking off for a few months and seeing all these beautiful spots.

So basically..I am in business.

[by the way, I was wonder what all of you Tao Bums do for a living??? I am thinking about dropping out of college and starting a career in Qi Gong, with certification from the HT.

My family is one of the largest importers of rugs from China and India in this country. actually, Europe too. If you plug my last name into any search engine you will probably see a bunch of ads for Rugs. I run a chain of stores here in sunny Arizona . Most of my family is on the East coast, NY and Atlanta. My Unlcles do a ton of traveling to China. When I finally get my MBA I wouldn't mind taking off for a few months and seeing all these beautiful spots.

So basically..I am in business.

3253[/snapback]

YA CAPPITTALLIST GUY!!! WHY DONT YA PLOW DA LAND FOR A LIVIN!!! FLY ON YER RUG TONITE IN YER DREAMS, GO TO SAMMARKANDA N SMOKE SUM HASHISH YA TRAITTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6bin1.jpg

quite right.  i learned it when i was 23.  and people think i still am.......well, ok, they usually guess 28.

3245[/snapback]

Okay Peter. What method do you use! I'm 26 now and I'm not gonna age one day more if there is a possibility to stop it! :P

Okay Peter. What method do you use! I'm 26 now and I'm not gonna age one day more if there is a possibility to stop it!  :P

3294[/snapback]

i first learned western alchemy techniques. i learned somethihg that was taught ot me as an egyptian pranayama that involves inhaling the energy up the back channel, holding your breath as long as you can drawing the energy up, and exhaling with the mantram "SAGHHHHHH!" while sending the sublimated energy to the heart center.

the problem with this exercise is that it doesnt utilize the whole orbit and leaves you with too much fire inteh heart center, an issue i'm still dealing with. however, it is excellent for practicing the retention of semen as you tighten your peineum or sphincter to squeeze it upward.

i think a better practice than that though was the tibetan yoga i learned. it was six exercises which would be really hard to describe here. i learned it from a hispanic group and in spanish it was called "la masoneria." those six exercises were awesome.

now i think i've aged a little, very little. i didnt shoot my load for, oh jesus, 8 years or so, and did a western style dual cultivation with my ex-wife. but, it was all too heavily fire. that caused a little aging. then i started ejacualting again due to sexual issues that came up fromt hat practice and could only be resolved thru "normal" sexuality. so that has caused a little aging.

now i use the HT techniques which are much better.

thanks DustWalker, what do you do?

3313[/snapback]

No Probs GT!

I'm pretty much in the same position as you. Looking for a possible second degree/education or a job. In the middle of a smaller life crisis myself I'd say.

What the f**k to do with my life? :o

I've done a B.A. in Business Admin & Economics in the Uk. Then worked in a Retail Bank for 1,5 years upon my return to Sweden. For different reasons, personal circumstances, and circumstances at work i ended up having a smaller burn-out, and also feeling this was not a milieu that fit my character I finally quit my job as agreed in order to continue studying. Did a term of Business-Law. I was motivated at first , but eventually it bored the shit out of me. <_<

Now I'm Unemployed, studying Entrepreneurship part-time 2 hours a week, looking for a proper job and in my spare time co-managing a small electronic dance-music recordlabel that my friend and I have kicked up. It's doing fairly well but it is not the best business to make money from in these times of mp3-downloading. But as a hobby, eventually, who knows what might come out of it? :P

I'm thinking of getting a degree in graphic design, as I have some talent, however I still haven't made up my mind if I should focus on something that I like, and maybe kill off whatever fun I get from doing it, or focus on a job that can make me some money (usually means no sparetime = no life!) The key is probably to find something in between.

Oh well. Those are my *big* problems.

There are people without shelter, food and water in other parts of the world. People that are facing conditions of War, famine and disease and here I am, worrying about whether I will ever get an inspiring work-employment or not. :rolleyes:

Anyway. Whatever it will be, Personal development is priority numero uno for me now. "Gotta look out for number one" as they say! B)