vrihlea

Has anyone met or know anything about these guys

has anyone here been on retreats or met one of these guys ?
http://www.pathgate.org/index.php/audio-teachings-by-lama-dondrup-dorje
http://www.alexanderkrakolinig.com/about-me/
http://www.adlerin.at/kisem.term.php

I'd like to try it for myself, also if you know other similar people that live in the EU (and have visited yourself) please drop a link or something.
PS the closer it is to Romania, Ukraine the better

I am familiar with Lama Dondrup Dorje who is one and the same as Peter Yeung who used to teach Taoist Martial Arts in Newcastle, England. He has reincarnated himself as a Buddhist Lama and is probably best steered clear of.

Never heard of.. I just read some of the texts on the pathgate website and I wonder why some people believe it's a "cult". Because they mention having enlightened masters and buddhists don't usually approve of that possibility and thus it must be bad? :huh: edit: I meant I scanned through the "advice from enlightened masters".

Edited by thursday

15 hours ago, Chang said:

I am familiar with Lama Dondrup Dorje who is one and the same as Peter Yeung who used to teach Taoist Martial Arts in Newcastle, England. He has reincarnated himself as a Buddhist Lama and is probably best steered clear of.

If I may ask, what is/was the nature of your relation ? I've seen a few videos on youtube with him, and would like to hear what people think about him

Just like Chang says, best to stay clear. I've met him many years ago when he was focusing mainly on martial arts.

I do not believe he carries the lineage of the Palyul tradition and may very well be self invented;)...

14 hours ago, vrihlea said:

If I may ask, what is/was the nature of your relation ? I've seen a few videos on youtube with him, and would like to hear what people think about him

I have trained with one of his indoor students from way back. Peter Yeung is a martial artist of high standing but has very much taken the left hand path. I would not consider training with him nor would I advise others to do so.

• Like 2

Chang - what do you think about all the videos with him doing contactless fighting ? How are his students explaining this ?

Do you have any experience with this ?

41 minutes ago, vrihlea said:

Chang - what do you think about all the videos with him doing contactless fighting ? How are his students explaining this ?

Do you have any experience with this ?

The contactless fighting is Kong Jin or Empty Force. Unfortunately it only seems to work on ones own students.

Peter Yeung is a highly competent martial artist but I would not choose to train with him nor would advise anyone else so to do.

5 minutes ago, Chang said:

Unfortunately it only seems to work on ones own students.

Damned by faint praise :rolleyes:

On 2017-11-14 at 4:27 PM, Chang said:

He has reincarnated himself as a Buddhist Lama 

How does one become a lama? 

And is the name Lama Rama Ding Dong already taken? 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mudfoot said:

How does one become a lama? 

And is the name Lama Rama Ding Dong already taken? 

You can purchase anything on the internet. :D

17 hours ago, Chang said:

The contactless fighting is Kong Jin or Empty Force. Unfortunately it only seems to work on ones own students.

People misunderstand this phenomena whereby the student teacher relationship is energetically open and the connection becomes easily made, because its been done with permission enough times.

When this phenomena is not of a friendly nature, this becomes a matter of attacking the opponent's heart energy and crosses into the realm of a killing maneuver, its not something to take lightly "for purposes of demonstration."

This tells me that its not quite the same technique between the two situations.  It also tells me that anyone attempting to demonstrate this - e.g. the kiai master who had his nose bloodied - didnt really understand that there's such a difference, and the gingerly technique that works with implied permission on his students is not the sort of technique that works in a life threatening situation whereby the attacker must be stopped or even killed if necessary.

Years ago when Max stuck me to a tree, it relied upon my generating a resonant energy (and permission!) whereby the interaction could take place.  When it all became so ridiculous that I just couldnt stop laughing to the point that I could not continue generating said energy, it became switched off like an electromagnet.

edited:

To the OP sincere apologess 

I thought by sharing some of my own background considering 

the subject matter.  It might help to clarify things from a first hand experience.

If you have any questions you can always PM me...

Normally I don't post on these types of threads 

they tend to de evolve quickly

Lets see how this works.out

Edited by windwalker
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Chang said:

What seems to work

How does it work

what is the theory by which its said to work

Why would or should  it work.

Asked out of curiosity considering you know that  it only works on 

his students it would be good to know why you or how did you arrive at that conclusion. 

5 minutes ago, windwalker said:

Asked out of curiosity considering you know that  it only works on 

his students it would be good to know why you or how did you arrive at that conclusion. 

No known person today seems to be able to show this effect on persons that are not in a teacher-student relationship, at least not on an aggressive challenger.  This have been commented again and again by various teachers and discussed at length on martial forums. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mudfoot said:

No known person today seems to be able to show this effect on persons that are not in a teacher-student relationship, at least not on an aggressive challenger.  This have been commented again and again by various teachers and discussed at length on martial forums. 

hehehe... :ph34r:

/recalls 5000 dollars a few years ago...but that wasnt really "aggressive challenger" context...just an unwilling to yield mindset of the victim test subject

Edited by joeblast

16 minutes ago, Mudfoot said:

Good kind of  points the way the thread will go not un-expected

this is one when it reaches three those asking can ask by PM 

if there are any real "questions "  not interested in either validating or  in validating..

only share my own experiences and some thoughts. 

Thats not been my experience nor of those there. 

All or most have practiced other arts before meeting Zhang Shifu.  

as I have before meeting him...also note I knew nothing of this aspect nor 

had traveled to meet him expecting this..

Lets look at the logic of the comment considering its posted on  this site

with all the other topics you choose to question this?

why?

Edited by windwalker

1 hour ago, windwalker said:

Lets see how this works.out

It didn't,,,ya I know I said 3 but why wait and dont want my interaction 

to derail the thread.

back to your normally scheduled programming 

2 minutes ago, windwalker said:

Lets look at the logic of the comment considering its posted on  this site

with all the other topics you choose to question this?

why?

Technically, I commented this. 

And this is a subject widely discussed, as my post stated. And the result from others, as stated on for example M.A forums,  is as in my post. Many who have discussed this (claim to be) are internal martial artists of good standard and quite a few years of experience. 

I tend to question many things, like this. If it works on a non- compliant opponent, this should be quite easy to prove. There are probably many seasoned martial artists that are willing to exchange blows with someone who is willing to use only Kong Jin. 

If you say it works, ..... 

But now you are writing that if someone questions this, you will, what, sulk?

As for my self, I practice an art called Kong Jin(g) Gong,  and practiced the pushing, pulling and freezing ages ago. 

It was fun. 

But the other side of Kong Jing is more interesting. 

1 minute ago, Mudfoot said:

If you say it works, ..... 

But now you are writing that if someone questions this, you will, what, sulk?

hardly, by all means no....didnt see any questions maybe I missed them.

It would have been better to start with asking how by what  it is said to work.

or maybe some thoughts on it....

There is a  good clip that kind of goes into some of the theory of it.

But of course most here already "know"  because ?  they know...

good clip showing a way to approach something..actually might be more important

then to to know and understand something.   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mudfoot said:

There are probably many seasoned martial artists that are willing to exchange blows with someone who is willing to use only Kong Jin. 

not to derail the thread you might want to explain what "jin" means and why is it different from 

force.  Kong jin, is one of many different types of "jin"  

the clip is pretty good...the taiji teacher at the end has since passed awhile back...

Thanks everyone for dropping in, I wasn't expecting this to be such a "hot topic".

Please don't speculate or talk about things you overheard somewhere, or read about. The only way to get somewhere is to analyze the facts, and in this case this would be personal experience (because there's no way to measure this any other way)

I was dismissing all this for years, until people that I respect told me this could be possible, or they have seen stuff like this or something similar. Naturally this got me interested.

20 hours ago, Chang said:

Peter Yeung is a highly competent martial artist but I would not choose to train with him nor would advise anyone else so to do.

do you know someone else willing to teach this ?

1 hour ago, joeblast said:

hehehe... :ph34r:

Hide contents

/recalls 5000 dollars a few years ago...but that wasnt really "aggressive challenger" context...just an unwilling to yield mindset of the victim test subject

is the offer still up ?

1 hour ago, Mudfoot said:

As for my self, I practice an art called Kong Jin(g) Gong,  and practiced the pushing, pulling and freezing ages ago. 

It was fun.

Can you expand a little bit on what you mean by: "pushing, pulling and freezing" ?
Who is teaching this ? Where ? and how much does it cost ?

My advice would be to steer clear of the fantastical and restrict your studies to Taoist health and martial arts. Kong Jin, much like Mo Pai, is a road leading nowhere.

• Like 1