Sign in to follow this  
CedarTree

What Have You Learned

4 hours ago, CloudHands said:

Primarily money a tool to collect power beyond needs and it certainly doesn't reflect one's value. It offers someone an opportunity to drain and gain power from/on society.

If the society has sick will, ill needs and crazy values what does your money reflects ? I constantly observe that people that cover our most important needs go without reward for it.

I don't mean to use you as an example of something bad...but this is what I'm talking about. People involved in spirituality usually have a very negative concept of money, which is the tool for our survival in society. This mindset weakens them, and does no good.

I'm especially sensitive to this problem after dealing with a lot of homeless people in the past few years. Many of them talk quite a bit about spiritual ideas, but it makes them worse instead of better. It's often tied in with mental illness. In truth, I think most people, homeless or not, use spiritual ideas as a crutch in life...it often has to do with giving themselves a false sense of importance. Their ideas almost always lead to no real accomplishment...they aren't improving the world, or even themselves, as a result of their spirituality. They often make themselves worse, by "spiritual bypassing". To put it simply, they aren't grounded, and their money issues have a lot to do with it...you can't think properly without having nutrition and a good night's sleep, and to have those things requires money.

All of this talk about money goes back to "benefit oneself and others, and don't harm". You can't really help someone else if you're flat broke, beyond maybe telling them something useful or providing comforting company to them. You can't accomplish much of anything, or help yourself with zero money...need to get across town without a dollar to your name: good luck. Being without shelter, without normal meals, without transportation, without proper clothing, without a warm bed, without enough hydration...all of this really weakens people.

The mindset that money is bad is at the root of it all. Did you realize that the number one cause of premature death worldwide is poverty? Crime is also inextricably linked to poverty...do you ever go to a wealthy neighborhood and fear for your life? No. But I can take you to some neighborhoods that you'll want to get out of right away.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2017 at 10:59 AM, Lost in Translation said:

.... be aware of whether the fear is appropriate to the cause and in proportion to the cause. I find that most of our actions are a reaction to fear. Knowing your fear is a major step in the direction towards freedom.

Very much so. Well put.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aetherous said:

I don't mean to use you as an example of something bad...but this is what I'm talking about. People involved in spirituality usually have a very negative concept of money, which is the tool for our survival in society. This mindset weakens them, and does no good.

Once again, it's not because I express an opinion that I experience some personal trouble with it. It's going on and on here this kind of belittling. To make it clear, I work (even 2 jobs see ?) I'm not wealthy but rich enough to cover my needs, those of my daughter and I spend every year good money to learn Tai Chi.

So be sure I deal with it...

I'm especially sensitive to this problem after dealing with a lot of homeless people in the past few years. Many of them talk quite a bit about spiritual ideas, but it makes them worse instead of better. It's often tied in with mental illness. In truth, I think most people, homeless or not, use spiritual ideas as a crutch in life...it often has to do with giving themselves a false sense of importance. Their ideas almost always lead to no real accomplishment...they aren't improving the world, or even themselves, as a result of their spirituality. They often make themselves worse, by "spiritual bypassing". To put it simply, they aren't grounded, and their money issues have a lot to do with it...you can't think properly without having nutrition and a good night's sleep, and to have those things requires money.

Religion and spirituality are that too, but not only. I agree more than you could believe with you ahah :) except money and basically capitalism are systems you're satisfied with, I don't.

The mindset that money is bad is at the root of it all. Did you realize that the number one cause of premature death worldwide is poverty? Crime is also inextricably linked to poverty...do you ever go to a wealthy neighborhood and fear for your life? No. But I can take you to some neighborhoods that you'll want to get out of right away.

Of course... you are witnessing the effects of wining and losing, but it's the same game. Losing or wining what ? That's another question. This game, this race for "success" "wealth" is causing earth to be less and less suitable for all forms of life.

Now crime... which kind ? basic violence you get punished for or the others ? Like wars on resources, power abuses (all kinds they are legions), high class corruption, etc etc

Edited by CloudHands
clearings
  • Like 2

Money is a tool.

Like a hammer or a gun it may be used for constructive or destructive ends.

The key is who "owns" what.

There are many routes up the mountain.

Some are quicker and harder than the other slower less arduous routes.

Too much baggage makes the easy way difficult and the hard way nigh on impossible.

• Like 2

On 11/8/2017 at 5:55 PM, CedarTree said:

What are some teachings, perspectives, experiences, or whatever that you have learned a long your walk on the path that have made a lasting and very profound impact in your life?

Learning to be open 

Cultivating empathy

Practicing generosity

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, cold said:

Money is a tool.

Like a hammer or a gun it may be used for constructive or destructive ends.

The key is who "owns" what.

There are many routes up the mountain.

Some are quicker and harder than the other slower less arduous routes.

Too much baggage makes the easy way difficult and the hard way nigh on impossible.

money->metal->blood->life sacrifice

take a loan, buy a car, drink vodka to make your blood active, then drive some people dead

On ‎10‎.‎11‎.‎2017 at 7:36 AM, Aetherous said:

Money is just a representation of value...to get more of it, be more valuable to society. Money is the modern day version of getting food, water, clothing, and shelter from nature...absolutely necessary.

it takes like couple days of work on a potato field to have food supply for entire year. One potato multiplies into average 4.

but when you want to have money and buy things, then you need government aides fund support. Everyone who has land are getting support from special funds.

its because potato yields too much in time it takes away the value of money. So in potatoes the money isn't worth shyt.

Don't be mind controlled...think for yourself. Judge things based on your own reason, experience, and insight. An example of being mind controlled is getting caught up in semen retention practices, and worrying all the time about it. People who tell you to deny your natural drives aren't entirely trustworthy. The same thing also applies to dietary advice, etc...don't blindly believe all the crap people tell you. This brings me to my last point I'll say...

...with practices, your results should be positive.

Something destroy your crop, you have a bad practice of trying to grow food?

Attempt to pull thread back on course:

What I've learned from hobby- gardening

0. Prep work begins in the fall, put layers of mulch (leaves, grass & coffee grounds) over your garden before winter.  They'll protect and break down into humus.  

1. Don't jump the gun, and plant to early.  The cold makes for weaker stunted plants.

2. Grape tomatoes (like Sweet 1000's) are fool proof, regular tomatoes can be picky, heirlooms are painful snobs.

3. Protect your garden when young from animals (it's not all lovey dovey, you are in competitions from a thousand thieves, bunnies, bugs, etc.,), trellis it well too.

4. Keep it watered.

5. Eat it, don't let things go to seed, lettuce especially gets bitter fast.  Drink those veggies w/ a blender.

6. Plant a garden infront of your house- it's great to walk outside and grab a couple sweet grape tomatoes.

7. Imo, thin narrow gardens rock.  Easy to plant and weed.  You can literally put down bags of soil on your lawn and grow from the bag one season, then remove the bags and keep planting the second.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 6

Money is just a representation of value...to get more of it, be more valuable to society.

Money doesn't have any value if you already have everything you need or want or have anything there is possible to have with money.

You will be bored. Anyways good luck with leeching on homeless people feelings.

---

Also if you get actually successful someday, your will give out a signal to have a challenge again. And it doesn't have to be money wise, it can be anything else.

It like pointless to go into spirituality with you? when you do a transaction with money then that is more valuable than money itself since 5 dollars for some triggers a emotion when losing it than someone else losing same amount.

Edited by allinone

An example of being mind controlled is getting caught up in semen retention practices, and worrying all the time about it.

only noobs do semen retention, advanged ones(like me) are beyond it. Get it? there are more to discover but retention is a first step to discover, it starts with the million dollar point(recon the irony and sarcasm potential).

---

I haven't verified if it is million dollar point, but there is a point what not let fluids out, but still have a feeling. So i just assume everyone talks about that same point.

Edited by allinone

4 hours ago, Aetherous said:

The mindset that money is bad is at the root of it all.

Kpop is the best.

i don't really need anything else in my life.

--

i thought i am dumbass to post video, but its the dance animation what can take away desire. Certainly three steps further from retention.

Edited by allinone
  • Like 1

On ‎09‎.‎11‎.‎2017 at 1:29 PM, Marblehead said:

Well, I have learned to not judge so often and just work with or around negative conditions.

i have that weird day today, so you won't slap me?

causing pain for me would help me out faster from this state, but its too late i discovered myself that i am in it. Oh well, i also know what triggered that state, its not internet but my real life event causing the ground for it. Its time to pay the debts AGAIN.(not money debt but much bigger issue but very easy to do physically)

Edited by allinone
  • Like 1

On 09/11/2017 at 8:46 PM, Stosh said:

I dunno bout that being lucky , it is the trade-off we tend to make though , and while that happens we think we get better,, I just really don't know that its true. Its like the thing where a society trades it's primitive origins for modern societies I phones, and plumbing,, there's that which is lost . So we live our high stress lifestyle , grind through our 8 hour workday , and don't know the folks up the block. 

choices

I have lost my "big" certainties like I'm no more certain of what is important, if any at all.

I am without a doubt the most powerful person in my life.

Emotions are deep beautiful complex and archaic. Don't get lost into.

Humor and seriousness are really interdependent. One goes deep to the core but too much of it and you dry yourself, the other fluctuate in lightness around but lack of density.

To be serious heaviness on my step, smiling lightness at the top of my crown and still exist in between.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CloudHands said:

it's not because I express an opinion that I experience some personal trouble with it

Definitely, I was just saying where my perspective stems from. You seem to be even keeled.

16 hours ago, allinone said:

i have that weird day today, so you won't slap me?

causing pain for me would help me out faster from this state, but its too late i discovered myself that i am in it. Oh well, i also know what triggered that state, its not internet but my real life event causing the ground for it. Its time to pay the debts AGAIN.(not money debt but much bigger issue but very easy to do physically)

for continuance, i fulfilled my duty, and went to sleep and things happen related to female connection it wasn't an dirty act, it was connection and the feeling in a new way, but i know it was O. Not evolving in that front, not sure how one could get a way from the need of carnal desires while having a body. Taming it, learning new things about body is a good gift to have a body.

---

maybe i have appearances in a way i could understand and its not that way but well i described it loosely how my brain understands it.

Edited by allinone

Sign in to follow this