Stigweard

En*light*enment

In one of the other threads I mentioned that people who have a wide open and dominant crown point have a tendency to have partial ADD and Darin asked me to discuss this.

The following pictures depict energy radiating from the crown point, it's more difficult to see in the first picture.

kwanyinlight.jpgaura.jpg

By dominant crown point and wide open I mean that a person's top chakra has more energy radiating up and out than from any of their other chakras or tan tiens. When you have an open crown point you get what New Agers call cosmic consciousness and Taoists call being connected to heaven, or having heaven reflect into your head. Well, heaven is a big place, there's lot's going on out there in the universe, it's busy busy busy. It's also sort of unfocused and scattered and it's NOT all good. There's both good and bad out there in the big bad heavens. It makes people psychic and empathic in a sort of uncontrolled manner. Like my teacher said, when he became omniscient, it's like being tuned into a news radio station 24 hours a day, and 99% of the news is bad. He didn't like it.

So it's pretty simple, being open to the constantly shifting quicksands of 'whatever' makes for a scattered mind, and leads to a type of ADD. Drifting on the sea of energy, constantly falling into the abyss, sailing through the stars. It's beautiful in a way, if you can let go.

Edited by Starjumper7

As I understand it enlightenment arises as a result of the union of citta and prana (or mind and chi) and is actually about a reflexive realization where energy and awareness come to know their non-difference. It is not about building up huge supplies of chi (like petrol in a tank) - which is illusory anyway - but about how consciousness turns on itself to realise its own nature. The 'light' part of en-light-en-ment is not just light = energy but light = awareness.

All good responses so far.

What I have SEEN is that we bring a certain amount of energy to this world with us. Everyone seems to be different. I believe this quantity depends upon what the real Light Being that is the real you decided to bring in order to learn specific lessons or to contribute in a certain way. When we first get here we glow brightly. But then our parents and peers start filling the mind with nonsense, teaching us that our mind is who we really are. Most eventually develop amnesia and KNOW their mind is who they really are. This whole process dulls and hides our Light behind filters that are the accumulation of everything we "learned".

The process of en-Light-enment is to burn through the filters and awaken to who we really are, then find and fulfill our destiny (what the real immortal Light Being that is the real us decided to accomplish in this lifetime).

From the book A Light Warrior's Guide to High Level Energy Healing,

"We are here on this earth to evolve to the Higher Levels and become one with our Higher Level self. This evolution involves the challenge of awakening to who we really are, then finding and fulfilling our destiny. In order to fulfill our destiny we must learn to create. In order to create, or manifest, we need two things: Energy and INTENT. We can develop both of these things by practicing High Level qigong."

"Qigong is more than simply a study of energy. In addition ro being the single most profound form of preventative and healing medicine, the practice of High Level qigong is a way of life, a way of attaining our highest spiritual goals, and a way of attaining knowledge of who we really are and what we are supposed to be doing on this earth"

In the system I teach and practice a SEER sees the following things happening:

When we first start practicing the Light in our lower Dan Tian gets brighter and denser. Then, as we continue to practice the Light rises upwards opening each energy center until it eventually pops up out of our head and connects us with the universe. Continued practice strengthens this connection allowing us to part the curtain and remember that we are simultaneously operating in multiple dimensions or worlds. We then can integrate the "whole you" and utilize these experiences on any world to enhance our experiences in any other world. But there are continued levels of advancement, so en-light-enment is not the most advanced stage of existence but only the beginning.

By dominant crown point and wide open I mean that a person's top chakra has more energy radiating up and out than from any of their other chakras or tan tiens. When you have an open crown point you get what New Agers call cosmic consciousness and Taoists call being connected to heaven, or having heaven reflect into your head. Well, heaven is a big place, there's lot's going on out there in the universe, it's busy busy busy. It's also sort of unfocused and scattered and it's NOT all good. There's both good and bad out there in the big bad heavens. It makes people psychic and empathic in a sort of uncontrolled manner. Like my teacher said, when he became omniscient, it's like being tuned into a news radio station 24 hours a day, and 99% of the news is bad. He didn't like it.

So it's pretty simple, being open to the constantly shifting quicksands of 'whatever' makes for a scattered mind, and leads to a type of ADD. Drifting on the sea of energy, constantly falling into the abyss, sailing through the stars. It's beautiful in a way, if you can let go.

Did you have an unbalanced awakening? I seem to be getting more focused as my cultivation practice goes on and not less focused. I'd like to think I am working on the Ajna at the moment but nowhere near the crown chakra. Was there a sign or something when your crown opened or was it gradual?

I just wanted to point out how amusing it is that people are giving some very different explanations and yet everyone also seems to be right. Truly there are many paths that lead to the Way.

Merely for a point of interest and diversity consider the Toltec model elucidate by Theun Mares.

In his view the human organism is an egg shaped luminous cocoon comprised of filaments of light. These filaments of light correspond to those in the macrocosm and when the internal and external filaments of light are aligned the relevant perception takes place giving rise to one's 'view of the world'. This whole process can be termed 'awareness'.

The totality of the luminous cocoon is the sum amount of possible perception available to the human experience. However, out of this entire potential most people only ever experience a minute sliver of a bandwidth.

It is the predeliction of the seer to break through the calcification of social conditioning in order to bring fluidity of perception. With a fluid perception the seer then has the liberty to access the full spectrum of awareness achieving the 'totality of self'. With all filaments of light within the cocoon this illuminated the seer can quite rightly be called 'fully enlightened'.

There seems to be quite an emphasis on energy or power, and remember power=d(energy)/d(time) :)

That is, how fast you can release energy or do work.

But isn't it true that those truely enlightened beings completely relinquished power in the world?

It seems to me that the pursuit of power, or more energy, is not going to get you to enlightenment.

While there seems to be a correlation between energy states and conciousness, pursuing power for the sake of power is an ego game, and we all know what that means :lol:

While there seems to be a correlation between energy states and conciousness, pursuing power for the sake of power is an ego game, and we all know what that means :lol:

But even ego games are simply karma, awareness being resisted by the mind. At some point, everyone gets tired of their karma, and their frustration and motivation allows them to transcend it. It's how we learn. To say the mechanism isn't working fast enough is to not fully understand the transformations that take place due to the mechanism.

Edited by Lightbringer

There seems to be quite an emphasis on energy or power, and remember power=d(energy)/d(time) :)

But isn't it true that those truely enlightened beings completely relinquished power in the world?

It seems to me that the pursuit of power, or more energy, is not going to get you to enlightenment.

Chi power is the way to the Way. Chi power is the way to super health. Chi power is the way to bliss. Chi power is the focus and the motivation for all meditations and practices on the Taoist path of the sorcerer. It WORKS. It is the WAY! New Age stuff is in the next stall over to the right ---->

Edited by Starjumper7

But even ego games are simply karma, awareness being resisted by the mind. At some point, everyone gets tired of their karma, and their frustration and motivation allows them to transcend it. It's how we learn. To say the mechanism isn't working fast enough is to not fully understand the transformations that take place due to the mechanism.

So any ego game is as good as any other? we just play on until we are weary and then "instant enlightenment"

And you are saying that ego games are the path to enlightenment.....hmmmm... :lol:

Did you have an unbalanced awakening? I seem to be getting more focused as my cultivation practice goes on and not less focused. I'd like to think I am working on the Ajna at the moment but nowhere near the crown chakra. Was there a sign or something when your crown opened or was it gradual?

Well I never used the word awakening before so I'm not sure :) but if it's what I think it is then it's kind of like Ya Mu wrote, enlightenment is just one of the beginning steps along the Way:

When we first start practicing the Light in our lower Dan Tian gets brighter and denser. Then, as we continue to practice the Light rises upwards opening each energy center until it eventually pops up out of our head and connects us with the universe. Continued practice strengthens this connection allowing us to part the curtain and remember that we are simultaneously operating in multiple dimensions or worlds. We then can integrate the "whole you" and utilize these experiences on any world to enhance our experiences in any other world. But there are continued levels of advancement, so en-light-enment is not the most advanced stage of existence but only the beginning.

Nor do I know what Ajna means =)

Concerning balance, I would say I was well balanced and highly energized at all points but later I ended up focusing on my crown point for many years, until recently, and so I became unbalanced. I just love the feeling of all that energy pouring out my head top. My body is still highly energized, but my crown point is much more energized. Lately I've been working on energizing my third eye and heart so they send out energy that goes quite far and this creates more balance and focus.

Edited by Starjumper7

Show me were your true nature lives?

or

Show me were your true nature doesn't live?

What else could there be

other then this perfect moment

between heaven and earth?

If you have enlightenment

then you have endarkenment.

In the purity of simple stillness

how can anything be achieved?

Chi power is the way to the Way. Chi power is the way to super health. Chi power is the way to bliss. Chi power is the focus and the motivation for all meditations and practices on the Taoist path of the sorcerer. It WORKS!! It is the WAY!!! New Age stuff is in the next stall over to the right ---->

See what I mean, power! power! power! :lol:

you seem to be on an incredible power trip Starjumper

what weakness is the accumulation of power trying to compensate for?

where does the accumulation of power appear in the dao de jing?

Mastrey of oneself does not imply power.

Following the dao, sensing it, acting in accord with it, does not require the accumulation of power.

Suuuuure, and you're speaking from experience, right?

See what I mean, power! power! power! :lol:

you seem to be on an incredible power trip Starjumper

I guess you never heard of chi kung, huh?

what weakness is the accumulation of power trying to compensate for?

Being like you.

where does the accumulation of power appear in the dao de jing?

In it's title.

Mastrey of oneself does not imply power.

DUHHH, power means being effective. But listen very carefully if you have the ability. Having a lot of good clean chi makes people healthy and happy. It's why we cultivate chi power, do you see any value in being healthy and happy?

Following the dao, sensing it, acting in accord with it, does not require the accumulation of power.

It requires clarity, and clarity goes hand in hand with cultivation of chi power.

Edited by Starjumper7

Suuuuure, and you're speaking from experience, right?

I guess you never heard of chi kung, huh?

Being like you.

In it's title.

DUHHH, power means being effective. But listen very carefully if you have the ability. Having a lot of good clean chi makes people healthy and happy. It's why we cultivate chi power, do you see any value in being healthy and happy?

It requires clarity, and clarity goes hand in hand with cultivation of chi power.

you are very defensive :lol:

This thread is about enlightenment and I am pointing that the pursuit of power isn't the way

Your ego is your biggest problem (this is pretty much true of everyone)

But maybe that is your way to enlightenment, as lightbringer says <_<

I'll give you that much

Good post.

But I am curious, why do you think this is true?

Ya Mu,

You are right, that is too general.

More specifically I would say that enlightened beings seem to loose the desire to exercise power, especially for personal reasons.

I don't know much about the Buddha, but the teachings seem to lead one towards humility, not the accumulation of power. Weren't his first followers required to beg for a living basically?

Jesus worked miracles for the benefit of others but would not use power to save his own skin.

Richard Rose after awakening raised a family, lived a humble life, then decided that helping others achieve awakening was the best thing to do, but no exercise of power for personal means. There are several other contemporary awakened people that fit this description.

Adyashanti said something that stuck with me, paraphrased as, "It takes you. You don't do it or earn it. Awakening is an act of grace."

Awakening can happen to people with no spiritual practice or spiritual inclination, and even some who one would not suppose "deserve" it.

In my personal experience-not awakening according to other descriptions, but expansive states, instantly collapse with the first thought of the self. And these states happen. I do not create them. They are completely joyfull and free. And free of any self conciousness.

So it is the pursuit of power for ego satisfaction that is contrary to enlightenment I would say.

I can say that for myself, the pursuit of power would be a pure egotistical game and incompatible with the higher energy states that I would assume approach enlightenment.

I never understood those that shy away from power and think its a bad thing. Sorta like the people why say money is a bad thing too. That always makes me wonder because they are usually poor and powerless. Do people say things like that to make themselves feel better? Whats wrong with power? The Tao Teh Ching is the ultimate book on how to become god-like in power.... so whats wrong with power?

The Tao Teh Ching is the ultimate book on how to become god-like in power.... so whats wrong with power?

may i ask:

have you read it in chinese?

-

Edited by Riyue

I never understood those that shy away from power and think its a bad thing. Sorta like the people why say money is a bad thing too. That always makes me wonder because they are usually poor and powerless. Do people say things like that to make themselves feel better? Whats wrong with power? The Tao Teh Ching is the ultimate book on how to become god-like in power.... so whats wrong with power?

There is nothing wrong with power itself. It is who and how, that can be the problem.

Since the theme here is enlightenment, I would redirect back to this topic.

Loss of the ego self, or of the belief that you are the ego, is a common thread in the descriptions of enlightenment.

Personal suffering due to the dissolving of this sense of ego self is common as well.

So what is your power for?

To protect your ego?

Good health is pleasant :) My tendons are very thankful for some of the qigong I practice.

Feeling good with lots of energy is pleasant :)

Some enlightened beings seem to be able to enjoy anything that happens and understand that resistance to anything is an incorrect orientation.

So what is your power for? Why would one pursue it so keenly? or so much of it?

Some people confuse a symptom with the disease. People see the accumulation of money or power and they see their own greed. They fear themselves falling into that mindset, so they say it's evil. After all, money and power are just energy, and with any energy you are able to express yourself more freely. Ultimately you end up with an amplified version of you. It's a great reward for enlightened individuals and those making great progress. Most people shy away from such things though because they know deep down that they dislike parts of themselves, and they hardly want to amplify their less uplifting characteristics. The concept of a providing universe is a ways off for them.

This kind of ties in to what I was going to mention to SJ (looking back after reading this post over, that's actually an awful segway). Anyways. People seem to confuse the signpost with the road. With limited understanding of what's ahead for us, we focus on goals that may or may not be realistic but they are useful to us because they are tangible. Increase in chi power is one of the many signposts along the Way, and shows us that there is progress being made. But if you're always focusing on the same signpost the result is somewhat comical because at some point you can't do it while moving! The solution is to strive for the next signpost and the next, because with some introspection comes the obvious realization that the signpost does not provide the happiness that the road does. Think of these goals like monkey bars and you get the idea. Stretch as far as you can to grab hold of the next one, heave yourself towards it, but as soon as you're under the bar, trying only to hold on it it for dear life leaves you only a matter of time before your arms get tired and you're forced to let go. Use the momentum of motivation that your goals provided to swing you easily to the next. :)

may i ask:

have you read it in chinese?

-

Kinda. I had a couple transliterated copies with a Chinese dictionary for it plus many, many translations including the earliest found copy that was found in a tomb in the 1990's. So I cant read Chinese but I went through it with a Chinese dictionary. Not the ancient Chinese written ones but the modern Tao Teh Ching, mind you. I did the same thing with Hebrew and the Torah and Greek and the New Testament.

It seems to me that most of this world's philosophy tends to address enlightenment as the attainment and use of power over ourselves, and the understanding of just what it intails to be a human... Political philosophy is more about using power externally... the moralities may differ but the golden rule usually shows up as a basic tenet.

The gist of some of these posts just addresses the empowerment of the ego -not the "lightening up" of the inner self that is more readily accepted as enlightenment...

Power in itself has little to do with enlightenment- Power is just a tool for what ever end is then sought- enlightenment is a seperate goal in my view of internal direction...