22 minutes ago, Zork said:

Video is neither a fact, nor a sign, nor an object.

Star wars is also on video. Is it a fact? Is it a sign? Is it an object?:lol: (is it a bird?, is it a plane?):lol:

So you just admitted you have no evidence. 

Indeed video footage is used in courts as evidence.

Just now, MegaMind said:

Indeed video footage is used in courts as evidence.

No it isn't.

This is a fact where i live.

20 minutes ago, Zork said:

So according to the WMP crowd the following vid is evidence :lol:

Anyone involved in the incidents can lie about it and say it is real. You really have no way to figure out based on your very irregular criteria on what constitutes proof/evidence.

No.

There is a lot of video of other teachers demonstrating abilities similar to John.

There were no scientists and medical doctors present to do their best to rule out fraud in a controlled location during these videos.

We do not regard these videos as good evidence.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, MegaMind said:

Where do you live?

What abilities have you (megamind) observed as a result of practice? ;)

I won't tell you where i live.

Video isn't accepted as proof here. For good reason.

Edited by Zork

5 minutes ago, Zork said:

What abilities have you (megamind) observed as a result of practice? ;)

I won't tell you where i live.

Video isn't accepted as proof here. For good reason.

You have a strange legal system then.

Here everyone I know installs cameras in their car so they have a record of what happens if they are involved in an accident,  police wear body cameras to document their interactions with the public, cameras are everywhere especially in retail stores, and banks where the footage is used against people who break the law.

4 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

I have already seen a group of scientists to check Zhan Yuang Master - Sui Mintan.

He broken a chopsticks with a dollar banknote, and they claimed on the major TV that this is superpower of neigong.

link?

Just now, MegaMind said:

You have a strange legal system then.

Here everyone I know installs cameras in their car so they have a record of what happens if they are involved in an accident,  police wear body cameras to document their interactions with the public, cameras are everywhere especially in retail stores, and banks where the footage is used against people who break the law.

If you live in the US then it is you who have the strange legal system with the most wrongful convictions in the world.

Just now, GSmaster said:

How is it objective, because someone was stripped?

There is financial motivation of movie creators to show a miracle, as it will get views and money back.

I remember this vid. What you say is true. The man is an engineer IIRC. Here is your "evidence" @MegaMind

There is financial motivation of movie creators to show a miracle, as it will get views and money back.

Having a team of scientists and medical doctors strip a subject to their underwear and undershirt, use a metal detector to make sure metallic devices are being hidden, and taking them to a random location, is better than a video where no such scientists and medical doctors were present to do their best to rule out fraud occurring.

3 minutes ago, Zork said:

I remember this vid. What you say is true. The man is an engineer IIRC. Here is your "evidence" @MegaMind

Certainly that is interesting, but no scientists or medical doctors were present to do their best to rule out fraud.

• Haha 2

I want you to know something, MegaMind, aka MildMouse23. I was advocating for your group and willing to be the bridge because of my respect for ilovecoffee and brief friendship with him off-site.

You undid that with your distrust towards me and forcing a Mo Pai conversation in the thread you originally called me out on. You forced the issue and put words in my mouth and refused to apologize.

As a result, whatever grief you endure here is something that I don’t care about because you’re too proud and obnoxious to look in the mirror. It could have been avoided if you hadn’t been so paranoid and actually gave an apology when asked on the original thread. But you made your choice, and so you suffer the consequences.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MegaMind said:

Certainly that is interesting, but no scientists or medical doctors were present to do their best to rule out fraud.

so engineers are not scientists huh? :lol:

By the way the guy did what he could to rule out fraud. He checked for wires.

Edited by Zork

7 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Right, and under your logic, forced confessions on video for Chinese dissidents is proof of their guilt.

I was not referring to confessions.

6 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

I want you to know something, MegaMind, aka MildMouse23. I was advocating for your group and willing to be the bridge because of my respect for ilovecoffee and brief friendship with him off-site.

You undid that with your distrust towards me and forcing a Mo Pai conversation in the thread you originally called me out on. You forced the issue and put words in my mouth and refused to apologize.

As a result, whatever grief you endure here is something that I don’t care about because you’re too proud and obnoxious to look in the mirror. It could have been avoided if you hadn’t been so paranoid and actually gave an apology when asked on the original thread. But you made your choice, and so you suffer the consequences.

I was not the one who brought Mo Pai into the discussion.

I created a separate thread because complaints were made it was being derailed.

There is nothing to apologize for.

Just now, MegaMind said:

I was not referring to confessions.

So evidence depends on context not on the incident being showed?

Just now, Zork said:

So evidence depends on context not on the incident being showed?

I was referring things like interactions between the police and the general public recorded on camera,  dash cam footage used for for insurance purposes to determine fault,  video of bank robberies, video of shoplifting from retail stores, etc.

3 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

Certainly videos like this are interesting, but with no scientists and medical doctors present to do their best to rule out fraud occuring, they are not something we consider to be good evidence.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MegaMind said:

I was not the one who brought Mo Pai into the discussion.

I created a separate thread because complaints were made it was being derailed.

There is nothing to apologize for.

You did on page one and everyone can see that. Your insufferable nature is merely being thrown right back at you.

By the fruits of your practice, you’re known. You are known as an ass and an ignoramus. And that is all you will ever be.

• Like 2

Just now, Earl Grey said:

You did on page one and everyone can see that. Your insufferable nature is merely being thrown right back at you.

By the fruits of your practice, you’re known. You are known as an ass and an ignoramus. And that is all you will ever be.

Please link to where I was the first one to bring up Mo Pai.

6 minutes ago, MegaMind said:

I was referring things like interactions between the police and the general public recorded on camera,  dash cam footage used for for insurance purposes to determine fault,  video of bank robberies, video of shoplifting from retail stores, etc.

No you are making false distinctions. Both incidents happen live on camera. Say i shoplift and then change my mind and put it back. Owner shows only the vid of me shoplifting and i get convicted. How do isolated incidents  become proof all of a sudden? Unless one has access to the whole picture he only holds a fraction of the truth which is insufficient to produce any meaningful argument.

That is why video isn't accepted as proof in court here. It needs to be considered in context with the accusation leveled against someone. 

Edited by Zork

1 minute ago, Zork said:

No you are making false distinctions. Both incidents happen live on camera. Say i shoplift and then change my mind and put it back. Owner shows only the vid of me shoplifting and i get convicted. How do isolated incidents  become proof all of a sudden? Unless one has access to the whole picture he only holds a fraction of the truth which is insufficient to produce any meaningful argument.

Objective video evidence is certainly better than "he said, she said" nonsense.

Personal testimony has proven wildly unreliable.

You have already been told they were present, and they did this recording in an actual Scientific Laboratory, not some random hotel room.

As for the guy not being stripped to underpants or naked, well excuse me, not everyone wants to be like this on a camera, but I am sure he got checked by the scientists involved.

This video was shown on a federal TV channel.

I know what you said, but I haven't seen it.

2 minutes ago, MegaMind said:

Objective video evidence is certainly better than "he said, she said" nonsense.

There is no such thing as an objective video. That is why here the one taking the vid must testify in court under oath. One needs to explain the circumstances and the context in court otherwise it is not acceptable at all.

2 minutes ago, MegaMind said:

Personal testimony has proven wildly unreliable.

Which is what "Magus of Java" is. :ph34r:

Edited by Zork
  • Like 2