Aletheia

Breatharianism: Is It Possible To Live Without Food?

9 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

I`ve gone almost a week without chocolate chip cookies

That's far too long.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

Perhaps you can just upload a video?  As we all know, videos are objective, scientific proof -- the (alchemical) gold standard of siddhi confirmation.  While your experience is indeed wondrous, it`s hardly unique.  Here`s an article about the yogic practice of Kevala Kumbhaka, breathlessness.

http://sivanandaonline.org/public_html/?cmd=displaysection&section_id=1326

Someday I hope to attain all these abilities.  One day at a time though.  At the moment I`m still breathing and eating some food, but I`ve gone almost a week without chocolate chip cookies. We start where we are. 

Well, that's just silly. No one can go without chocolate chip cookies.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, thelerner said:

Similarly I talked to a 'breatharian' at a seminar, who claimed he hadn't eaten in a year.  When pressed he did admit he would drink soup, but that didn't count?!

To some extent long fasts can be explained by going into ketosis, ie the body adapts to living off of fat as opposed to carbs.   Where a little bit goes a long way. 

Sounds like you haven't even investigated the research on bigu?

1 Bigu State: Can Meditation Trigger Alternate Metabolic ... - Sfu

journals.sfu.ca/jnonlocality/index.php/jnonlocality/article/viewFile/45/46
by L Sidorov - ‎2013 - ‎Cited by 1 - ‎Related articles

by Yan Xin qigong were able to survive in a nutrient-deprived culture medium for over 8 ... According to Dr. Rustum Roy, conference chair and founding director.

6 hours ago, Brian said:
I was inspired by this thread to try something a bit different.  I am pleased to announce that I no longer need a respiratory system!

That's right -- I decided to stop breathing.  At first, I felt lots of strange sensations: pressure in my chest and then a burning feeling as my lungs released their energy into the microscopic orbit, I saw sparkling lights and then I entered The Void(TM).  I stopped breathing for a really long time!  Well, not sure how long, exactly, but I think it was over 24 hours because, when I woke up from the nap and looked at the clock, it was slightly after the same time as when I started but the next day.  The really awesome part, though, is that I now know how to tim-travel, too, because, when I went to work the next day, I had transported into the past a full day!!!

I'd tell you all how to do it but I've decided to write a book.

... and  ......   you went blue, like Krishna !  

Just remember to use long inexplicable sentences and weird syntax   and make up a few terms yourself  .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nungali said:

... and  ......   you went blue, like Krishna !  

Just remember to use long inexplicable sentences and weird syntax   and make up a few terms yourself  .

The blue is from serotonin.

Same reason Hathor is blue.

Blue monochromatic light increases serotonin levels.

The blues music activates frisson better than any other style of Western music - proven scientifically.

On a deeper level the blues music activates the Mozart Effect from the slow 1 bpm, heart resonance, to increase alpha brain waves as serotonin.

So that is the secret of why blues makes people happy.

The "bent" notes in blues music is actually the natural harmonics - so 5/4 is the bent third.

5 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

Perhaps you can just upload a video?  As we all know, videos are objective, scientific proof -- the (alchemical) gold standard of siddhi confirmation. 

Okay, here it is 

Spoiler

Image result for corpse i a coffin

• Like 2

11 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

Sounds like you haven't even investigated the research on bigu?

1 Bigu State: Can Meditation Trigger Alternate Metabolic ... - Sfu

journals.sfu.ca/jnonlocality/index.php/jnonlocality/article/viewFile/45/46
by L Sidorov - ‎2013 - ‎Cited by 1 - ‎Related articles

by Yan Xin qigong were able to survive in a nutrient-deprived culture medium for over 8 ... According to Dr. Rustum Roy, conference chair and founding director.

Do you investigate the papers you quote?  Even there first paragraph?   Yours by the way starts with Bigu being described " while eating no solid food (or the equivalent of 250-300 calories per day, vs. the recommended 2000)". 

I had eggs for breakfast, they had 70 calories.  I don't consider eating the equivalent of 4 hard boiled eggs a day, or the same in soup to be bigu.   As I wrote, I met a bigu advocate who when pressed, admitted to drinking soup each day.  If bigu happens naturally that's great, ie not hungry for a day or 2 or 3 and you don't eat fine.  I've known practitioners like that.  With incredibly efficient metabolisms.  There are also extremely advanced practitioners who can do it safely and a whole mountain of people who fool themselves. 

Imo, its not something to tout.  People die of starvation.  Lay people and monks have died pursuing bigu, they painfully or joyishly waste away.  This kind of spiritual anorexia is not to be highly praised.  It was fascinating reading the Marathon Monks of Mount Hiei, because early on there death fast was getting a little too real. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thelerner said:

Do you investigate the papers you quote?  Even there first paragraph?   Yours by the way starts with Bigu being described " while eating no solid food (or the equivalent of 250-300 calories per day, vs. the recommended 2000)". 

I had eggs for breakfast, they had 70 calories.  I don't consider eating the equivalent of 4 hard boiled eggs a day, or the same in soup to be bigu.   As I wrote, I met a bigu advocate who when pressed, admitted to drinking soup each day.  If bigu happens naturally that's great, ie not hungry for a day or 2 or 3 and you don't eat fine.  I've known practitioners like that.  With incredibly efficient metabolisms.  There are also extremely advanced practitioners who can do it safely and a whole mountain of people who fool themselves. 

Imo, its not something to tout.  People die of starvation.  Lay people and monks have died pursuing bigu, they painfully or joyishly waste away.  This kind of spiritual anorexia is not to be highly praised.  It was fascinating reading the Marathon Monks of Mount Hiei, because early on there death fast was getting a little too real. 

I'm reminded of a student political group at Yale which conducted a protest fast, except fasters we're encouraged to step out if they weren't feeling well -- or just got hungry -- eat, and then return to the fasting protest.  The rival student political group hosted a free BBQ right next door...

Personally, I am a 96% faster -- I typically spend less an hour out of each day eating and the other 23+ hours fasting, unless I'm not feeling well, of course.

• Like 2

yeah one meal a day is called "modified bigu" whereas the 49 day fast is real bigu.

Lay people and monks have died pursuing bigu, they painfully or joyishly waste away. 

So yes bigu is dangerous.

My question for you is do you think there is a real bigu going on at all?

Or do you think people just "waste away" as you claim?

The research paper details how real bigu would occur - scientifically.

I did the research on myself, so I know bigu is real.

It's called "energy feasting" - so your energy actually increases while in bigu.

For example Wim Hof does "modified bigu" and clearly his energy increases.

So there is something going on - that's what the pdf goes into.

But you couldn't get past the calorie counting in the beginning. haha.

You got your "willful ignorance" breaks on!

21 hours ago, Aetherous said:

It's very important to eat, otherwise you get malnutrition. The body simply doesn't produce all of the amino acids, vitamins, and minerals that we get from eating, which are required for normal functioning. 

Yeah, exactly, it's not just a matter of getting energy to make the body function.

I'd be quite happy to not have to spend money on food shopping, but I think for the time being I'll carry on eating, personally.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, morning dew said:

Yeah, exactly, it's not just a matter of getting energy to make the body function.

I'd be quite happy to not have to spend money on food shopping, but I think for the time being I'll carry on eating, personally.

That is exactly what Yan Xin said - he said that if people learned bigu it would be too much of a threat to big business and so bigu would get attacked.

Let's consider chocolate chip cookies.

Sounds pretty good right?

I like to eat chocolate chip cookies.

Too bad the slave children growing and harvesting the chocolate don't even eat chocolate!

So if you eat chocolate chip cookies - use Fair Trade organic chocolate.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

http://ecoechoinvasives.blogspot.com/2017/08/is-real-bigu-possible-or-breatharianism.html

So the secret of that pdf - I posted it on my blog.

I asked someone here to read the pdf and instead they tell me how many calories were in their eggs! Fascinating! haha.

Nah - there is a real science secret to bigu - in  case anyone is interested.

BTW, you posted your PDF to the forum yet again (in addition to mentioning it in almost every post and linking to it quite often) in a condescending post (not the post I'm quoting but another I see no value in tracking down) in which you suggested I was either unable or too lazy to follow the link and read it on my own.

Truth is, I had read your PDF before your most recent rule-breaking return to this forum.  In fact, I have been reading your posts and blogs and webpages for years.  I find much of what you include in your writings to be quite interesting and I sometimes find extremely fascinating and helpful bits of information there which spur my own investigations and research.  I sometimes even agree with your deductions and conclusions.

Edited by Brian

1 hour ago, Brian said:

I'm reminded of a student political group at Yale which conducted a protest fast, except fasters we're encouraged to step out if they weren't feeling well -- or just got hungry -- eat, and then return to the fasting protest.  The rival student political group hosted a free BBQ right next door...

Personally, I am a 96% faster -- I typically spend less an hour out of each day eating and the other 23+ hours fasting, unless I'm not feeling well, of course.

The President of the U of MN personally emailed me after I told him I was going on "unlimited hunger strike." He said I had done enough already and so he signed for the U of MN to join the Workers Rights Consortium.

haha.

2 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

The President of the U of MN personally emailed me after I told him I was going on "unlimited hunger strike." He said I had done enough already and so he signed for the U of MN to join the Workers Rights Consortium.

haha.

LMAO

• Like 1

Just now, Brian said:

LMAO

yep and the first successful boycott that Workers Rights Consortium was part of, then improved the working conditions in Apopa.

Know were Apopa is? It happened to be where my brother-in-law's mom spent her life sewing buttons in a sweatshop.

Small world.

5 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

yeah one meal a day is called "modified bigu" whereas the 49 day fast is real bigu.

Not in my book.  I've heard one meal a day called the Royal path in Indian circles in the West its often called intermittent fasting, but modified bigu.  Not really.  Nor have I seen numbers of days in relation to bigu.  Bigu, for most is simply going without food.  Others may have different definitions, but that seems to be the tradition one. 

5 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

But you couldn't get past the calorie counting in the beginning. haha.

Yes bigu is dangerous and odds are for all your writing you're not doing it now, cause of that danger and you don't want to waste away.  I know people who've successfully done bigu, but only for days at a time, (heck last week even I fasted for 3 1/2 days) responding to and in touch with there own bodies needs.   For me, good bigu, comes naturally, is not forced, and is relatively short.  One of the mechanism it probably uses is ketosis.  

I think true bigu is possible for a very small, dedicated, long term, well trained, hardcore people.  But I've seen some pushing bigu who don't practice and those who do, caught cheating.  Its the kind of practice responsible people don't push, because.. well starvation.  Anorexia is a nasty mental disease, and the pursuit of bigu can be its killer spiritual counterpart. 

20 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

The blue is from serotonin.

Same reason Hathor is blue.

Blue monochromatic light increases serotonin levels.

Not according to the Vedas  ... blue skin signifies something else .

And regarding  Hathor ;

Image result for Hathor   

Image result for Hathor

Related image

You should really do background research other than your own theories ... or at least show some proof . 

7 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

What , from a 7 day    fast   ?  

haha.

7 hours ago, morning dew said:

Do both and grow some  (good )   food ;) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nungali said:

What , from a 7 day    fast   ?  

haha.

Must be fun setting up little straw-man arguments for yourself.