Sign in to follow this  
Oolong Rabbit

Video of African Shaman Levitating

The theories point to the same truth in various awkward, confusing ways. I had an insight into the best explanation some years ago, a simple and obvious truth. The point is, they do know, and I know it better but I'm not telling.

:P

"Please excuse me, but birds and airplanes do defy gravity, using other laws of physics besides gravity. A bird uses no device or mechanism other than their body."

No they don't. They use aerodynamics. If they stop flapping their wings they fall.

I defy gravity everytime I stand up or jump into the air; I just can't defy gravity for very long."

No, you never defy it. Gravity doesn't force you to remain on the planet. It makes you (as long as you are in its influence) fall back down. EVERY time.

"Gravity is defied everytime a space shuttle enters orbit."

Please. No it isn't.

"Whether or not a device is being used is really not germaine. The laws of the universe are being manipulated every day based on our understanding of them."

NO, they are not. EVER.

"That's not my point, nor my angle. My question for you is this: Are you so sure that you have a complete understanding of gravity and whether or not it can be defied, or are you just voicing your opinion?"

It doesn't matter here. I clearly have a better understanding than you. You have presented a false argument.

Nothing what you have said is true. If you want to believe in this horse shit then it's on you. These magical powers, while maybe possible, have never been shown to hold up to real scrutiny, and are NOT germane to spiritual progress. Come see me, I'll show you real provable internal power. You just won't like the outcome.

Buddy is a bad ass and if I am ever in the Boston area am looking him up for a lesson!

Though Buddy, don't you think in this whole vast Universe with it's trillions of stars and billions of galaxies there must exist beings who have learned to overcome gravity?(using super mind powers or something?!)

Just seems that those sorts of abilities must exist somewhere. Probably if there any humans on Earth who can fly(like Neo in the Matrix) they aren't teaching publically but all these stories of Immortals ascending in broad daylight and stuff..you think all of that is complete mythology?

Cam

This kind of thinking simply doesnt work. You take something you have no knowledge of whatsoever and compare it to your own fantasy of it.

What about a virgin talking about sex? How useful would that be?

It works quite well for me, thank you...

During levitation, there is no imbalance. There is no need to rock back and forth and hold the arms and legs rigidly extended for balance. There is no need for darkness or surrounding trees.

Once off the ground, what is there to prevent freedom of movement?

What makes you think I have no knowledge of levitation?

That is simply a gratuitous assertion on your part. The same kind of thinking you accused me of, in fact.

:)

Time for a favorite quote

ONE MANS SCIENCE IS ANOTHER MANS MAGIC.

One of my favorite quotes is 'One man's magic is anothers engineering'.

Seeing the video I thought, can't be positive, but highly doubt it. I'm looking out the window now. If I see the Shaman or someone else floating by, I'll have to revise it.

Still, our minds are amazing, and our bodies are complex electro chemical machines. I don't think we have the tools to fight so powerful a force as gravity. I think psychic phenomena like OBE's and telepathy will be cracked way before we see floaters B)

There are people who are report planned and regular astral meetings with others, then using the internet or phone to confirm what was discussed. Why don't they provide firm evidence of this? Its not there bag. I think it is possible and its not a 1 in million thing. I think it can be taught and learned. Not easy, but not neccessarily a high level Siddhi either.

I can't do it. Any one on board have communicating in there sleep?

Michael

"Buddy is a bad ass and if I am ever in the Boston area am looking him up for a lesson!"

I'm not a bad ass. I'm a recovering martial arts bum.

"Though Buddy, don't you think in this whole vast Universe with it's trillions of stars and billions of galaxies there must exist beings who have learned to overcome gravity?(using super mind powers or something?!)"

I'm fine with potentials and possibilities, but I'm also a pragmatist. I'm older than some of you so maybe my BS detector is set higher. I just don't want any of you to get swept up because you "want to believe." I seriously doubt that a person's physical body can violate the laws of physics. That's all.

"Just seems that those sorts of abilities must exist somewhere. Probably if there any humans on Earth who can fly(like Neo in the Matrix) they aren't teaching publically but all these stories of Immortals ascending in broad daylight and stuff..you think all of that is complete mythology?"

Yes. I'd be happy to be proved wrong but I'm not going to be wearing a tin foil hat until I am. :D

BTW Leo,

I'm sorry if I was rude. But we can't allow ourselves the luxury of delusion.

"What makes you think I have no knowledge of levitation? "

Do you? :rolleyes:

An entertaining video, thanks for posting it. Is it real? Who knows. Its pretty unlikely though isn't it :-) Given the conditions in which is was performed.

Laws of physics and gravity are not broken, the laws remain intact when birds or shuttles fly etc. One could say that birds overcome the effects of gravity when they fly, but they do not defy the "law of gravity", the law is still there, pulling them towards the Earth, regardless of their flying, this is just terminology though. They fly using differences in air pressure, they can't fly in space :-)

Edited by Jakara

Hehe, ok. Fair enough Buddy.

Maybe you are just living in the wrong city to see those sorts of things ;)

ha, buddy, I dont know how old you are of course, and that doesnt actually make any difference to wether you have studied shamanism or not, and know what is documented to be likely or not. Scepticism is common enough, I think we are an intelligent bunch here, and not without experience, and most of us are old enough to be weary of the nay saying ignorance that many many many Taoist points of view encounter in most everyday life.

So speaking for myself, when I dont know something I tend to ask and research and try to find out, and after that process, I know if I'm sceptical or not. Prior to that process, I'm in a state of no - knowledge.

Edited by cat

"What makes you think I have no knowledge of levitation? "

Do you? :rolleyes:

Nope - not a thing.

:)

My shi-ye talks about it being possible at very high levels of cultivation. I haven't gotten there. He has never done it either.

I don't believe everything people tell me (not even him - I respect him deeply but just because he believes something, doesn't mean it's true). It's my journey and my responsibility to find my answers. I agree with you there, cat.

Currently, I don't believe it's possible.

If I'm wrong, that's fine. It doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

I'll keep doing what I'm doing either way.

My primary point is that our fascination with things like this distracts us from

the real thing - our own daily experience and practice. That's the magic.

The daily drudgery of endless practice and personal experience - that's where we will find answers.

Levitation is something that has been reported across the globe and time. Here is a link to some interesting info... Yes, saints in the catholic tradition were canonized for this as well as at least one example of someone who they considered being full of the devil becuase when holy water was springled on the person levitating they fell to the ground. Jeesh, maybe it was just the water startling the person out of their state.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Saints

Regardless of tradition, there are consistent reports about a state of "religious" ecstacy that is entered when this phenomenom occurs. If you have experienced this, then you may know that this is totally possible and don't get overly excited about it becuase you have probably experienced some miracle(s) yourself.

The bizarre thing I found in researching this interesting topic, is that many of these saints practice self inflicted pain techniques, so did the Mayans, to reach Spirit.

Wisdom has it that although levitation may be something that happens to someone on the path, it is not what is being sought but a side effect so to say.

I am not going to comment on this particular video though, lol...

Best,

Matt

cat,

The bottom line is this sort of levitation is impossible. One simply cannot defy gravity.

Edited by Buddy

More likely levitation is probably a *feeling* when one is in an ecstatic state. Over time, it is easy to see how this self reported *feeling* becomes distorted into an actual physical event with witnesses etc.

Also experiences in dreaming/lucid dreaming can go through the same distortions over time.

If it was possible, we certainly wouldn't be arguing about it, we would just accept it as true. We would all either do it or know someone who can do it. There would be levitation competitions around the globe.

Levitation would be exploited by the military...and don't forget the russians lol.

It would be helpful to spend some time or watch a documentary on how magicians do their art.

T

More likely levitation is probably a *feeling* when one is in an ecstatic state. Over time, it is easy to see how this self reported *feeling* becomes distorted into an actual physical event with witnesses etc.

Also experiences in dreaming/lucid dreaming can go through the same distortions over time.

If it was possible, we certainly wouldn't be arguing about it, we would just accept it as true. We would all either do it or know someone who can do it. There would be levitation competitions around the globe.

Levitation would be exploited by the military...and don't forget the russians lol.

It would be helpful to spend some time or watch a documentary on how magicians do their art.

T

You must have had this "feeling" and know what you talk about. But I guess you havent gone any further with it.

As human beings we can never go further than our own limits, we can never see more of reality than our own denial admits. And we can never experience anything outside of these borders. Every impulse we recieve from the great tao, we distort to make it fit inside our own small universe.

Most people are not able to imagine what is possible with a highly dedicated practice. We cannot even begin to see the human potential if we live the western way, watching tv everyday, listening to music every single minute we are not doing anything else, eating burgers and drinking coca cola, listening to the constant noise from cars and electricity in the background. Even though we meditate 1 hour a day and take a walk in the forest every week, we are ridiculously far from the higher potentals. But we can feel very balanced and experience a lot of wonderful feelings. Those master being able to levitate, or have other abilities, are extremely rare because it demans so much work, disipline and practice.

But Im shure millions of people everyday experience the "feeling" of levitation in meditation. That is possible in just 10minutes of meditation. Most people, like the ones that according to you, supposedly would do levitation competitions if it was possivle, would consider a little as 20min meditation every day a waste of valuble time. It will make them miss their favorite realityshow on tv or something like that... so no, levitation would never be in the olympics :)

cat,

The bottom line is this sort of levitation is impossible. One simply cannot defy gravity.

According to Newtonian physics perhaps, but not according to quantum physics. Things are not always so black and white.

T

Actually the Russians spent an enormous effort developing a psychic warfare program. This prompted the United States to do the same. This is how Remote Viewing came into existence. There are also widespread rumors that the Chinese have an extremely advanced program as well.

Actually the Russians spent an enormous effort developing a psychic warfare program. This prompted the United States to do the same. This is how Remote Viewing came into existence. There are also widespread rumors that the Chinese have an extremely advanced program as well.

Not yet psychic warfare but getting close: Nina Kulagina, video where she practices on a frog (and human).

http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid=343...h&plindex=1

The more known docu about her witouth the interference on living subjects:

http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid=-21...h&plindex=5

Edited by minkus

defining the laws of gravity

true meditation is antigravity practise.

it is about neutralizing through fusing of polarities or paradoxes and refining energy into

higher vibration. it is about intentionally using desire as a compass towards light.

it is physical, like Buddy says.

physics is magic. go look at how the scientists present a collision between the andromeda galaxy an the milky way. such grace.

it is spiritual for those who see and hear with their inner eyes and ears,

for those who think abstract and work their way constntly trusting and questioning the inner landscape.

do not forget that a bigger more dense object attracts a smaller one. sucks it down, pulls it "in place".

a very material person litterally sucks down a spiritual person and challenges in every possible way.

(but..)

straightening by fire..............

(smiles)

Edited by rain

The very fact that the language even exists to explain this phenomena should be enough.

A bee weighs a gram and has wings and can fly.

A bird ways an ounce and has wings and can fly.

A 747 weighs many tons, has wings and engines, and can fly.

Enormous battle ships made of cast iron float on water.

A human weighs whatever it weighs, has lungs and can fly.

The lungs are the wings in-turned.

I'd like to gather as much information as possible.

Point of reference has a lot to do with it, as does physics in general.

The moon has a lot to do with it.

Worldpeace,

ben

Sign in to follow this