voidisyinyang

Qigong Grandmaster John Tsai

sry for offtopic, but this voidguy using this board as a spring to piss on others so its all fine i guess.(i do the same, so i can recon easy)

Edited by allinone
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

Master Yan Xin's teacher was the top Shaolin qigong master - Haiden - so the "soft" and "hard" styles blend together at the top level. The teacher I trained from http://springforestqigong.com - I was told by his assistant http://guidingqi.com that the teacher who trained at Shaolin, he split marble with his qi but the energy was too violent so instead he does healing.

So - for example Yan Xin was asked to challenge Japan's top martial artist - it's in the Paul Dong book I linked before -

https://issuu.com/stellarnations/docs/paul_dong_-_china_s_super_psychics

So it states that Yan Xin just absorbed the evil qi of the Japanese qigong master attacking Yan Xin and then he just sent the qi back into the Emptiness so that the qi did not affect him.

So that is an example of how the "soft" style interacts with the hard style.

I remember reading a similar story about Master Yang Meijun - I don't recall the exact details but it was something like this: she went to a city where this qigong master didn't respect her or didn't believe her capabilities so he attacked her with his Qi. She closed her acupuncture points and wasn't affected, this was probably about deflecting Qi not absorbing it. Absorbing probably requires a higher level.

The blending of soft and hard makes sense, I associated hard qigong with physical blows.

Thank you for the link.

11 hours ago, shaq420 said:

It feels really good to see what Qi can really do. In this journey I have always asked myself is Qi just the human mind or is it real? Every thing I have seen from different stories to personal experiences makes me think it is REAL but the human mind always has its doubt. Every one here on this forum has had their fair share of fighting but one thing that unites us is that most if not all of us believe that Qi is real. But we are all wanting to know how far can we really take Qi energy? I am very happy that you posted this on this site and I am very thankful that John Tsai posted this. John Tsai is allowing us to see what is humanly possible so that we can try to achieve something above and beyond ourselves. Now I know it is true when they say there are many hidden masters with a lot of hidden abilities and they do not want to be found. We have only seen less than a percent of whats out there.

Yea it truly is amazing to see a lot of different sources corroborate each other to further prove the existence of Qi to man and what we are truly capable of.

Qi is real there's no doubt about it, you only have to look at Acupuncture.

Acupuncture is amazing but then we look at these Qigong Master Healers and it blows us away again, fascinating stuff.

We probably have seen little of what's out there as you say and there's also the possibility of some ancient knowledge been lost.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, KuroShiro said:

I remember reading a similar story about Master Yang Meijun - I don't recall the exact details but it was something like this: she went to a city where this qigong master didn't respect her or didn't believe her capabilities so he attacked her with his Qi. She closed her acupuncture points and wasn't affected, this was probably about deflecting Qi not absorbing it. Absorbing probably requires a higher level.

The blending of soft and hard makes sense, I associated hard qigong with physical blows.

Thank you for the link.

Qi is real there's no doubt about it, you only have to look at Acupuncture.

Acupuncture is amazing but then we look at these Qigong Master Healers and it blows us away again, fascinating stuff.

We probably have seen little of what's out there as you say and there's also the possibility of some ancient knowledge been lost.

I know qi is real because I fasted for 8 days drinking only a half glass of water while meditating and then I went to the Level 3 retreat to open the third eye of http://springforestqigong.com and then the assistant was there http://guidingqi.com and the next weekend there was a practice Guild meeting at a local university where we practiced qi healing. The assistant asked me to share about my fasting experience. After I talked this old lady asked me to do a healing on her. I stood next to her side as she sat in a chair. I never touched her but I forget to never pull energy blockages out of the top of the center of the skull. I felt this strong electromagnetic blob get pulled out of the top center of her skull and even though she didn't see what I was doing as soon as I felt it she immediately burst out bawling. I realized I had accidentally pulled her spirit out of her body! She kept bawling for 15 minutes at least - as I went downstairs and told me friend who was leaving his practice group - "you're not going to believe what just happened!" and right as I said it, the old lady was bawling as she walked towards us, someone with their arm around her shoulder. So then I saw her again at a later guild meeting and she just gave me a nice smile as she realized I had just made an innocent error.

• Like 1

On 2017-07-02 at 5:18 AM, voidisyinyang said:

https://www.martialartsplanet.com/index.php?threads/your-style-system.82721/

So that's 2008.

Notice no mention of qigong - but instead "Nei Chi"

It just shows how the terminology gets switched around.

How many threads - with serious debates - have occurred on this website about whether qigong or neidan or neigong is real?

Actually "Nei Chi" is the real deal.

haha. Hilarious.

Search "nei chi" on this site and see if there's any hits.

So we get Nei Qi Gong and Nei Chi Kung.

Neidan, Neigong, Qigong, Chigong, qikung?

Nei Qigong is sometimes used by some (shaolin) teachers to differentiate from "smacking your hands on big rocks qigong", sometimes called wai (or is it wei) qigong or hard qigong. 

As usual, terminology differs from teacher to teacher. My teacher used to call methods for practicing healing for external qigong to separate them from the rest of the practices. 

On 7/6/2017 at 9:09 PM, shaq420 said:

This is very interesting and I would like to offer some speculation or insight. If you watch the first video and go to the third clip. You will see John Tsai's teacher doing a demonstration. He is able to move his dan tien from his lower abdomen to his upper abdomen. It almost looks like a big cancerous lump or disease.

As soon as I saw this I was shocked because this looks to me like very high level energy work. If you remember Kosta's book, Kosta mentioned a guy doing demonstrations in the USA (obviously he is not referring to John Tsai's teacher, but another man). This man from Kosta's book had similar abilities to move his dan tien around his body which doctors thought was a cancerous lump. Kosta told John Chang about this man and Chang said he had obtained an equivalency of Mo Pai Level 3! So it makes me wonder if John Tsai's master is at least level 3 for mo pai equivalency. The only reason I mention mo pai here is because this system John Tsai is teaching has the potential to go very far and your seeing possible proof in that demo.

Only people that get confused form Kosta's teachings actually believe that lump is the lower dan tien. 

On 7/17/2017 at 0:54 AM, MooNiNite said:

Only people that get confused form Kosta's teachings actually believe that lump is the lower dan tien. 

Huh?

Hello, I am just finding this thread now and I am not even sure how it came to my attention. It reminds me though of the story about 5 blind persons being led into a large room. there is an elephant in the room which none of these people has ever experienced. Each one grabs a hold of a different section of the elephant and makes a determination on what they think it is........

dear Voidisyinyang- You seem to be a great promoter for GM Tsai, yet know so little of him. You found out who I was and did not reach out?? I lived and practiced and taught with GMT for 4 years and yet you don't reach out to clarify some of the questions running through this thread. Is it a guy thing? No offense intended, just curiosity. I am pretty busy haven't spent much time on this forum except for when I first joined. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, QiBody said:

Hello, I am just finding this thread now and I am not even sure how it came to my attention. It reminds me though of the story about 5 blind persons being led into a large room. there is an elephant in the room which none of these people has ever experienced. Each one grabs a hold of a different section of the elephant and makes a determination on what they think it is........

dear Voidisyinyang- You seem to be a great promoter for GM Tsai, yet know so little of him. You found out who I was and did not reach out?? I lived and practiced and taught with GMT for 4 years and yet you don't reach out to clarify some of the questions running through this thread. Is it a guy thing? No offense intended, just curiosity. I am pretty busy haven't spent much time on this forum except for when I first joined. 

I'm all ears! Feel free to teach us. I don't contact people since I don't have money to pay teachers. haha. thanks.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2018 at 8:26 AM, QiBody said:

I'd love to hear your account of training with your master.

Thanks for your time, if you do :).

John

• Like 1

Hello John,

I would love to share what I can and clarify some of the "gossip", but not tonight as I haven't the proper time to lay out my thoughts. I will tomorrow and thank you for asking kindly.

Leah

• Like 1

Good morning,

It is difficult to know where to begin here, but it does prove out to me how stories about people are manufactured over time. Truth is a rare commodity and even then it is still in the eyes of the beholder. I believe I will start here with a quote by my friend and Sifu, Grand Master John Tsai, "Qi is real if you feel it and it is fake if you don't." Qi may be all around you, but if you can't sense or experience it either you don't believe it or you take it on faith that it exists because other people feel it. 

For this reason GMT would talk endlessly about his experiences with "the Qi" and emit plenty of Qi into his students so that until they were proficient at building their own Qi, they would have a taste of it; so to speak. I have come to understand as a teacher that this whole concept of transmitting Qi is not so much about delivering a manifesto to another person allowing them to all of a sudden become a master. The Qi I cultivate carries the culmination of my changes and discoveries; it has an particular intelligence. That intelligence is the path of awakening the energy potentials in the Mei Hua System. If you practice with me and I am continually sharing my Qi with you then your inner intelligence is learning the pathway. A pathway that was not previously opened up to you. Qi is intelligent and wise. Have you ever gone into a library and all of a sudden you feel smarter? Or perhaps the feeling you get after a long stay in nature. The purer the Qi the greater it's impact or message.

Now onto the Qigong/Nei gong thing. Some of it is just wording to differentiate between approaches and even then the practices nest within each other. I remember the day GMT was teaching the difference between Qigong, Nei gong, Nei Dan, Nei Qi Dan gong...and in the end everyone's eye's were rolling and it never was discussed again. I believe in China that Qigong was a large umbrella that held many different practices. I refer to Qigong now as cultivating the wei (external) Qi energy and slowly if you are lucky it will enter your body through osmosis. I use the term Nei (internal) gong just as broadly and consider it to be the practice of cultivating Qi internally through techniques. These types of techniques are not so common and some are rare indeed. GMT was teaching Nei gong right from the get go.

A little history about GMT: He began his training under Great Grandmaster Su Cheun Sun of Taipei, Taiwan at the age of 7 
Great Grandmasters school was very heavy on combat, Iron palm and Nei Chi. This is true and his Great GM was in his 80's when GMT started going there. GGM Su Cheun Sun was a warrior and held a knowledge that he carefully passed down. GMT told me that his grand master rowed a ferry across a river for income. He was not a wealthy man nor concerned with riches. You would have to be chosen to practice in his school which was just part of his house and then most of your training was given by the sichon's or older brothers. GMT was very fortunate because his great grand master was his grandmother's brother. GMT was a very small youth with attention issues and if not for his grandmother's insistence would not have been accepted into this training. GMT's great uncle took a special interest in his great nephew because of how determined GMT was on becoming stronger. By the time GMT moved to Chicago with his mother and grandmother at the age of 13 he was a very accomplished Kung fu martial artist by American standards. GMT continued to return to Taiwan every year to continue his training.

At the death of Great Grandmaster Su Cheun in his 90's GMT began training with Mei Hua (Plum Flower) boxing Great Grandmaster Zhang of Taipei and has been under him representing Mei Hua ever since as 17th generation Mei Hua. That makes me 18th generation Mei Hua. This is where GMT learned more of the healing aspects of Qi.

GMT became quite well known and respected in Chicago over the years as a martial art champion and coach. During those years of competing and coaching and building up schools GMT billed himself as a Kung Fu man, not a Qigong or Nei gong man. Why? it is simple. While here in America we have separated the martial arts from the healing arts, in GMT's training they went together because one would have to cultivate Qi internally to become a true warrior of Kung Fu. That moving lump in is GGM Sun's body was what GMT calls a Qi ball. It is not a moving lower dantian. Qi ball would be cultivated for the purpose of transferring a deadly blow or to protect oneself from a blow. Can you imagine your fist hitting that qi ball? That is all part of the iron shirt or iron fist training. Having said that it did not mean that GMT did not know how to be soft. GMT's cultivation training was an asset, an advantage that he only shared with people he was training to compete. For a martial artist it is the secret sauce.

Why then is he now teaching the Nei gong skills to non-martial artist? I was introduced to GMT when he was visiting his good friend in Hot Springs AR. and at that time GMT was in his early 60's. Age brings changing needs and perspectives.

This is where I will end for now because I have a client whom I give qigong therapy every Saturday. 

Stay tuned more to come about Qi ball and mo pai etc.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Good morning,

I met GMT in 2010 in Hot Springs Village , Ar. At the time I was a practicing massage therapist and cranio-sacral therapist. I worked out in a gym and I meditated and prayed everyday. In the past I had practiced Tai chi, which was of great benefit to me. I was not seeking a teacher and barely knew what Qigong was. All I did was accept a luncheon date of a casual acquaintance and lo and behold who should I be introduced to in the middle of nowhere, but Grand Master John Tsai. He presented himself as an ordinary person with no airs and did more asking me about my experiences with energy and martial art. A very long story short on that day he was interviewing me and on our next meeting he chose me. He could sense that I had the right energy, but also he saw that my mind wasn't cluttered with other systems and preconceived thoughts about Qigong. GMT is a good poker player, always 10 steps ahead of his opponent. And yes everyone is potentially his opponent because he never loses sight of his mark and will work relentlessly to get it. The thing is you don't actually always see that he is working, but he knows where he wants to go. He also laughs a lot.

GMT, now in his 60's was looking to recreate the success he had in the Kung Fu martial arts as a Qigong or "Qi Man". As I explained earlier his internal knowledge was mostly exclusive of martial artists. His time spent in Arkansas was partly research to see how he could teach an internal martial art system of cultivation to non-martial artist and people 50 - 80 years old. I was his youngest student at that time, still in my 40's

He trained me privately for many hours a day and 7 days a week until he felt I was ready and then together we began to draw others into our practice time. For this venture in GMT's life he was less formal then earlier in his career. He was learning what such a powerful Qigong would do for people with problems. I had the great fortune of being there nearly 24/7 for four and a half years; at every class and every treatment and every thing in between. It wasn't all fun and games. GMT is a task master and needs a constant audience. High maintenance you might say, but a pretty big payoff. He is old school concerning his instructors. You are really a disciple and expected to do everything that is asked of you. There were times i wished I was just a student and could come to class and then go home. Every morning he would hand me a stack of papers he had been scrawling since 5:00 am and say, " fix my chinklish". I learned so much about what he was teaching by fixing his chinklish and I also learned how to interpret for students. I always seemed to understand when others were struggling. Enough about me you want to know about Qi ball.

Grand Master Tsai does not and never has practiced Mo Pai. He calls it devils qigong. There was a man on this site who believed he had ruptured his lower dantian through Mo pai and reached out to me to see if I thought GMT could fix him. I didn't know what Mo pai was so I read the threads on this forum. My initial thought was, what a ridiculous and dangerous practice with no apparent teacher and it appeals to the male competitive ego. Regardless I phoned GMT and asked what he thought and would he see this man. He had no interest because he doesn't like to work with people who are deeply into another system, especially one like Mo pai. In our classes GMT kept it pure and didn't like when people started mixing things up. He called it chop suey. But I get that now, Mei Hua is an internal art and a road map to developing Qi ball. You have to be careful and mindful to orchestrate the energy in proper sequence and manner. Over the years at our school I saw that road map reproduced many times and came to understand the signs and stages of development. I now know how to guide most anyone on how to cultivate Qi ball safely for longevity and vitality in life. 

GMT is not a magician, he is a man of great skill and technical know-how when it comes to internal Qi. He doesn't shock people with electricity to make the bounce around. I am not going to explain everything that is going on because then I have to teach you the whole program. Most of the people you see in the videos that are vibrating as a result of his or a students touch is because they already have highly developed internal Qi. Once you are connected internally your system is easily activated and your qi ball will take off and move through the body healing what is needed. This is both a practice and a skill. GMT taught me early on how to do the Qi Cleaning, as we called it then , so that i could quit my massage therapy practice and start helping to clear out a lot of the older students. It is true that if your system is clearer you will learn faster and begin circulating improved Qi in your body. I have shared a lot of good Qi over the years with people. Qi is real when you feel it, it is fake when you don't.

What GMT's Great GM was moving around was his Qi ball, not the lower dantian. The lower dantian is a nursery where Qi is cultivated. A child matures and moves on, she doesn't take her school with her. There are of course beginner and advanced levels of practice, but you can't skip steps because you are giving birth to a bio energy that is you. You can dress up and go to university, but if you are really a kindergartner, the skill will not lead to growth. Having said that much, the skills/techniques we were learning from GMT were, in the context of everything he knew, maybe nursery - first grade. But in the context of what most people are practicing was University level. I have come to know, mostly since teaching on my own that people are practicing all this crazy and advanced stuff, yet they never learned how to start the birth process and connect the energy system for growth. I have no desire to build my qi ball to the size of GGM and whack it with a mallot, but then I don't need to in order to have the health benefits. The internal practice is going to be the same at the early levels for martial artists and non-martial artists. How you apply it in techniques will obviously differ.

I teach the foundation program of how to prepare yourself for the cultivation of Qi ball. Then I guide the birth of your Qi ball and then techniques to exercise and train Qi ball. Your Qi ball will know everything about you and so only needs to be shown the possibilities for it's innate wisdom to grow and take over naturally. The thing about Qi ball is if you don't pay it any attention, it will become lazy and weak, so like all life, it needs nourishment and attention. When GMT left AR. I preserved the beginner level by professionally producing a 3 DVD set that I call QiBody Cutivation Level 1. QiBody is the nickname he gave me, but I also knew how changed my body was as a result of the practice. I now had a Qi body! Many people have bought the DVD around the world as a result of my You Tube channel and now I am troubled because I want a way to continue teaching these people. 

My next step is to develop a platform on Patreon so that practitioners can feel like they are part of a community and I can help them train their Qi balls beyond the DVD's. For all human beings if you learned nothing else, the fundamental first connection in this system is a treasure for life.

Sincerely,

Leah Franklin 

www.qimastersclass.com

Edited by QiBody
spelling :(
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Leah,

Thank you for your story and share.

I enjoyed reading about your personal account.

Thanks,

John

• Like 1

Your welcome! Writing that down reminded me of how precious that time was. There are others who have had intensive time with Grand Master Tsai and his Qigong, but after he moved on they didn't continue to teach. Truth be told there is not a lot of money to be made teaching a program that requires a personal commitment to moving inward and becoming responsible for your own well-being. I continued because I love teaching and can't imagine a life without my Qi. Teaching keeps my Qi alive and active in the world. 

I thank you for listening.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2