Sign in to follow this  
Aetherous

Obama's attempts at undermining American democracy

Which is why they hacked the election to favor a political idiot.

"They" who?

People waive american flags at trump rallies for a reason.. 

Indeed.  <_<

Never have so many waved the American flag while unwittingly waiving what it stands for.  Well, not since the Obama rallies anyways.  Or so I`m told... :blush:

Edited by liminal_luke

Never have so many waved the American flag while unwittingly waiving what it stands for.

Like what, exactly?

• Like 1

Nope. Let's see...

Obama took away choice with regards to healthcare.

He raised taxes.

He took away Americans rights, they could be detained without due process.

He took away the ability to refuse vaccination.

He almost started ww3 with Russia.

He did a lot more, I just cant remember it all. 

Trump is undoing all of that. 

• Like 1

Trump shows a lack of respect for the Congress and the federal courts. He also constantly disparages the press.

American citizens should be - and, fortunately, are indeed - aware of attempts at undermining democracy and replacing it by dictatorship.

Trump shows a lack of respect for the Congress and the federal courts. He also constantly disparages the press.

American citizens should be - and, fortunately, are indeed - aware of attempts at undermining democracy and replacing it by dictatorship.

Baloney 

• Like 1

It is interesting to see how successful the corrupt media have been in promulgating an artificial and highly flattering image of Obama, both domestically and abroad.
  • Like 3

Baloney

If that is your most sophisticated reply to what I've said... I'm so not impressed.

But it's typical of a certain kind of conspiration theorist.

Not that I'm categorically anti conspiration theories. Some of them makes sense... Among loads of pure speculation (read: unevidenced crap).

It's too bad that all these theories are mostly supported by right extremists. Which, in the public's eye, takes so much credibility away even from the actually founded stuff.

<shrug>

• Like 1

If that is your most sophisticated reply to what I've said... I'm so not impressed.

Not that I'm categorically anti conspiration theories. Some of them makes sense... Among loads of pure speculation (read: unevidenced crap).

It's too bad that all these theories are mostly supported by right extremists. Which, in the public's eye, takes so much credibility away even from the actually founded stuff.

<shrug>

Are you aware that Obama had dozens of journalists under surveillance? Wiretaps on work, cell & home phones, computers hacked, etc? Are you aware Obama tried to place government monitors in newsrooms?

Are you aware that Obama had more actions declared unconstitutional than any other President? Or that he typically responded by ignoring the court order?

Are you aware Obama publicly chastised the Supreme Court during a State of the Union address, with them sitting right up front?

Are you aware that Obama had the only Attorney General in the nation's history to be declared in contempt of Congress?

Are you aware he told the nation that he didn't have to wait for Congress to pass laws he thought they should because he had a pen and a phone and would just do their jobs for them?

Are you aware that he was using the White House website to collect the names of anyone in America who said things in conflict with his official positions? (He moved this "enemies list" to his "Organizing for America" website after getting caught.)

Are you aware he was using the IRS to damage those who opposed him?

Through it all, he was protected by a complicit media which referred to him with language typically reserved for messiahs and tyrants.

Edited by Brian
  • Like 1

Are you aware that Obama had dozens of journalists under surveillance? Wiretaps on work, cell & home phones, computers hacked, etc? Are you aware Obama tried to place government monitors in newsrooms?

Are you aware that Obama had more actions declared unconstitutional than any other President? Or that he typically responded by ignoring the court order?

Are you aware Obama publicly chastised the Supreme Court during a State of the Union address, with them sitting right up front?

Are you aware that Obama had the only Attorney General in the nation's history to be declared in contempt of Congress?

Are you aware he told the nation that he didn't have to wait for Congress to pass laws he thought they should because he had a pen and a phone and would just do their jobs for them?

Are you aware that he was using the White House website to collect the names of anyone in America who said things in conflict with his official positions? (He moved this "enemies list" to his "Organizing for America" website after getting caught.)

Are you aware he was using the IRS to damage those who opposed him?

Through it all, he was protected by a complicit media which referred to him with language typically reserved for messiahs and tyrants.

And where have you got all this information from?

And where have you got all this information from?

Answering questions with questions? Personally, I prefer answering questions with answers.

From extensive personal research. Occasionally the mainstream media would/will report a negative about Obama but almost always with a positive spin, and usually dismissing the significance of the story while reporting it. Some things never made it to mainstream media, or only part of the story would. I could go into great detail on this issue, and could present much more underreported information (what I provided above is undisputable) but you make my point for me. You are not only unaware of much of that and you assume it is "conspiracy theory."

EDIT: Fixed a typo which bothered me...

Edited by Brian

Answering questions with questions? Personally, I prefer answering questions with answers.

From extensive personal research. Occasionally the mainstream media would/will report a negative about Obama but almost always with a positive spin, and usually dismissing the significance of the story while reporting it. Some things never made it to mainstream media, or only part of the story would. I could go into great detail on this issue, and could present much more underreported information (what I provided above is undisputable) but you make my point for me. You are not only unaware of much of that and you assume it is "conspiracy theory."

EDIT: Fixed a typo which bothered me...

Alright then - perhaps as one of few intelligent and scientifically minded researchers into the topic you should publish what you have found, also providing your exact sources.

Saving me from sorting out possibly valid tidbits of info from issues of The Nationalist or Sieg und Heil, which I am absolutely not ready to do.

Please apply the same kind of thoroughness then to an analysis of what may be happening under the current administration.

For on some hidden level, the left wingers and the right wingers may be pursuing rather similar agendas after all.

• Like 1

I'm not aware.

((But, then again, I've spent more time on work, school, and qigong/meditation))

If all people were satisfied simply focussing on such things, there would be little need for political systems. :)

• Like 2

Alright then - perhaps as one of few intelligent and scientifically minded researchers into the topic you should publish what you have found, also providing your exact sources.

Saving me from sorting out possibly valid tidbits of info from issues of The Nationalist or Sieg und Heil, which I am absolutely not ready to do.

Please apply the same kind of thoroughness then to an analysis of what may be happening under the current administration.

For on some hidden level, the left wingers and the right wingers may be pursuing rather similar agendas after all.

Indeed. I have been saying for years that the left-wing vs right-wing thing is Kabuki theater intended to distract and divide, diverting attention from the systematic usurpation of liberty and subjugation of populations by a bureaucratic leviathan.

You can choose for yourself whether you trust my judgement and integrity but it isn't my job to write a book for you. If you are sincerely interested, I can recommend a few written by others...

• Like 1

Dinesh D'Souza's take on Obama is very interesting.  Does he think Obama is a Muslim, no.  Or at least, there is not enough evidence to prove that.  He does, however, believe that Obama is an anti-American, anti-colonialist, based on his book Dreams from My Father (not Dreams OF My Father, how intriguing).  This really helped me open my eyes to Obama a year ago, and helped me see past the lies on both sides.

• Like 1

Indeed. I have been saying for years that the left-wing vs right-wing thing is Kabuki theater intended to distract and divide, diverting attention from the systematic usurpation of liberty and subjugation of populations by a bureaucratic leviathan.

You can choose for yourself whether you trust my judgement and integrity but it isn't my job to write a book for you. If you are sincerely interested, I can recommend a few written by others...

I do believe that what you shared about Obama's actions is correct, and actually, I'm not very surprised. I would certainly appreciate your book recommendations. Although this topic is not one I can currently spend much time for personal research on, I do think it's important to take a look at what's happening in humanity's contemporary history.

BTW, do you know this book?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0465027261/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490533926&sr=8-1Ï€=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=brezinski

I haven't read it, but found it quoted on Youtube:

https://youtu.be/lbz9sVw4QsM

Brzezinski seems to have had a strong impact on US foreign policy. Interestingly, Obama was full of praise for this man, calling him "one of our most outstanding thinkers":

https://youtu.be/ASlETEx0T-I

I have also read somewhere that Brzezinski was actually a mentor to Obama, but if this is true I can't say.

But anyway, none of Obama's involvements makes the current government any less of a potential threat to democracy and global peace, and to assume this suggests either naivety or agreement with its imperialistic agenda to me.

Edited by Michael Sternbach

<shrug>

Your response wasn't sufficient enough to get much more than a simple "baloney".

Forget comparing Obama to Trump, I would argue Obama threatened democracy more than any president in US history. 

Taking away choice with regards to health care, is a serious threat to democracy. 

Almost taking away second amendment rights to guns.

Obama's Operation Choke Point finally unmasked

Operation Choke Point was a plot by President Obama’s Department of Justice, the Federal Deposit Insurance Commission, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, and other government agencies to cut off banking and financial services for small businesses and industries that they deemed to be political enemies or otherwise undesirable.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/op-eds/obamas-operation-choke-point-finally-unmasked

• Like 3

yeah, it might lead to people asking questions about Loretta Fuddy's assassination

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this