Sign in to follow this  
mvingon

For the Dumb Liberals, Especially Progressives

20% of homosexual men are HIV positive (40 times higher rate than average population), the African American homosexual 50% at risk of HIV. I can't see such behavior as normal/ healthy obviously and why it continues to be promoted as such.

CDC statistics. The LGBTQ etc community seem more and more to be pushing pedophilia also.

Pesticides have been shown to modify sexuality in frogs, fish, birds etc in females it causes different cancers. Interesting was that the same company that sells the pesticide also sells the breast cancer treatment. It's all natural though right?

A recent discovery is showing that parasites may be playing a significant part in this behavior too.

Needs to be looked at reasonably. Doubtful that is going to occur here.

• Like 1

Move on and see what can be accomplished? The first thing is that millions will be without health insurance with no replacement, more pollution, tax cuts for the rich, potentially another war in the middle east with ISIS. Shall I continue?

Are you sure about these things or just pulling stuff out of your behind?

I think my example went way over folks heads... sorry for that :)

I see you are still having problems with finding the proper words for expressing your thoughts.  Seems you have more political correctness training to do.

• Like 4

Abstract fears drive actions that give reason for substantial fear of those who act on them.

Abstract fear is a deliberate choice made to manifest a reality of one's choosing.

No fears here Baby.  I'm just going to continue living one day at a time.  Still 15 days before Trump gets sworn in.

• Like 1

Evolutionary theory does not make judgements regarding sexuality. In fact there are primate species that are homosexual and bisexual. Moreover, you must be referring to religious fundamentalist teachings that believe the universe is 6000 years old and sex was designed for procreation rather than pleasure.

See?  I still get to agree with you now and then.

Can gay sex acts (sex with the same sex) lead to procreation?

No, they can not.

I actually speak to this often when I am talking about the world's over-population of humans.  Gay sex can be considered population control.

So, is gay sexuality a normal and natural function or is it against nature?

If it happens it cant be against nature, can it?  It can be against a person's moral ethics though.

Edited by Marblehead

Interestingly, Wikipedia states the definition of "disorder" as "a functional abnormality or disturbance". Homosexuality doesn't necessarily cause disturbance, but the first part of the definition is still pretty solid from certain points of view, and sadly the issue went from being shunned right to being politically protected and declared positive or even worthy of pride, thus PC culture skipping a sincere and objective examination and free exchange of ideas that could bring further enlightenment and that of course also fueling the manifestation of the other side of the divide.

I don`t consider being gay a shining life accomplishment.  It`s not like graduating from a prestigious university summa cum laude, playing the trumpet, or making a marinara sauce that passes Italian grandmother scrutiny.  And gay sex, much like it`s heterosexual cousin, is a low-skill activity -- at least at the rudimentary level.  I didn`t become gay through hard, dedicated practice; on the contrary, my sexual preferences slowly dawned on me in the usual manner during early adolescence.  So why be proud?

The short answer: because it`s such a useful antidote to shame.  Most gay people, particularly young gay people, need a little pride.  Society is becoming more and more friendly towards gay folk, and I have hope for a future in which pride won`t be necessary.  Maybe someday gay people won`t be any more proud of their gayness than straight people are proud of their straightness.  Ditto for race.  Nobody will feel the need to say that black is beautiful or that black lives matter -- because nobody will be saying otherwise.  And, lest the heterosexual white males feel left out, nobody will be claiming this group is any less deserving of cultural pride either.  We`ll be free to be proud for being Irish or German or West African.  Free to be proud of being male or female.  Proud of being 80% heterosexual except for that brief experimental lesbian fling in Spain.  And because we`re all free to be proud, we`ll find pride less necessary.  Everybody will just quietly go about the business of being who they are with a lot less fanfare.

Unfortunately, as some posts in this thread make clear, our society is not there yet.  I know I have some friends here -- and thank you! -- and yet I`m struck by how many Bums seem so full of hate and spite.  Intelligent people can disagree (and, I suspect, do disagree) about whether homosexuality is a disorder or not.  Forgive me though, if I`m skeptical of academic neutrality: hate often uses intellectual positions as camouflage.  

I`m remembering something I read awhile back written by the mother of a child with down`s syndrome.  She said that if she had a magic wand and could eliminate developmental disabilities with a wave of her hand, she wouldn`t do it.  Down`s syndrome is indisputably a medical condition, and yet she felt that these people brought a certain kind of magic into the world, a magic she wouldn`t want to do without.  Maybe homosexuality is a little like that.  If it`s a disorder, it`s a beautiful and necessary one.  Gay men (I won`t speak for the women) have their own special kind of magic.  

Do I sound proud?  Well I guess I am.  You might not think I`ve got the right, but if I`m proud it`s because I need to be.  I`ve worked harder than you know for this pride -- and I`m not about to give it up now.
Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 4

Just to be clear:

I don't have any personal problem with gay people.

Personally I avoid such disclaimers whenever I can, because they signal to PC bigots that you are giving the control to them that they so lust for. It's a dominance game; the power trip for the insecure. I prefer to let people freely entertain and signal their perceptual distortions so that I quickly learn about their personal bias and character. It's saving me a lot of otherwise wasted effort.

• Like 2

Personally I avoid such disclaimers whenever I can, because they signal to PC bigots that you are giving the control to them that they so lust for. It's a dominance game; the power trip for the insecure. I prefer to let people freely entertain and signal their perceptual distortions so that I quickly learn about their personal bias and character. It's saving me a lot of otherwise wasted effort.

By posting the so called functional abnormality from Wikipedia and not quoting any substantive evolutionary science documents, you have only stated personal bias. What scientific basis are you positing that substantiates your point?

Oh No!  I'm too old for any kind of sex.  But I remember how its done.  Kinda like riding a bike - once you learn you never forget.

• Like 1

Sometimes I wonder about that.

In what way? It can be proved genetically, anatomically, behaviorally, and by scaling principles.

In what way? It can be proved genetically, anatomically, behaviorally, and by scaling principles.

Common sense wise.  I've seen cats with more wisdom than some humans.

• Like 3

Back in the day when I was in the Army and had to remain in some kind of formation then it was pouring down rain or snowing like crazy I realized that even a jackass has enough sense to go to the barn when it's raining or snowing.

• Like 2

I've seen cats with more wisdom than some humans.

I've seen some humans who are also cats. ^^

• Like 1

Back in the day when I was in the Army and had to remain in some kind of formation then it was pouring down rain or snowing like crazy I realized that even a jackass has enough sense to go to the barn when it's raining or snowing.

Be glad you weren't in Navy Seal or Delta Force training. Insane!

• Like 1

Be glad you weren't in Navy Seal or Delta Force training. Insane!

I knew some of those folks when I was serving.  You are right, insane.  But they do know how to do their job.

It appears that the US taxpayers will be funding the Great Wall of Trump and not Mexico. Promises, promises.

Sign in to follow this