TheWhiteRabbit

Under Trump

both parties

Which parties were these? Did Big Brother's Party (or parties) have names?

it is not blind he tweets like an idiotic little kid. No logic required. His cabinet is the worst group of goldman Sachs oligarchs ever assembled. So far it is pure disaster.

all he has to do is stick with his game plan.

• Like 2

To the Trump supporters here.

What is your reasoning for banalizing Trump's behavior? In particular, misogyny, incessant lies, condoning violence and so forth.

• Like 1

I dont understand how democrats are so fixated on sexism, racism, and foul words, especially in the modern age. It all seems like bait to me. 

• Like 1

I dont understand how democrats are so fixated on sexism, racism, and foul words, especially in the modern age. It all seems like bait to me.

Especially given their own history!

I'd point out the basis for this particular strategy (chapter and verse) but I'd be accused of ranting...

:D

I asked an honest question which proceeds from observation, not fixation. Further, you proceed from the incorrect conclusion that I am a democrat.

Edited by ralis

Given the modern age of the 21st century, sexism, racism are only in the minds of liberals and not real events?

• Like 1

I asked an honest question which proceeds from observation, not fixation. Further, you proceed from the incorrect conclusion that I am a democrat.

Heck, no, ralis! I'd never mistake you for a garden-variety Democrat.

;)

Heck, no, ralis! I'd never mistake you for a garden-variety Democrat.

;)

Given that I am a Scorpio, I tend to be a bit complicated. Many proceed from mistaken conclusions.

not everyone here who dislikes trump is a democrat. I am neither republican or democrat. Both too authoritarian for my tastes and to plutocratic. It is just that trump so far acts like a buffoon on top of picking Goldman Sachs helpers.
  • Like 2

Given the modern age of the 21st century, sexism, racism are only in the minds of liberals and not real events?

Most of the time yes.

• Like 2

Most of the time yes.

What I find more troubling is the way "Progressives" never notice their own problems but project everything on their opposition. The pattern is quite remarkable. Human nature to an extent but not to this extent.

Did you see the news footage of people freaking out because the electoral college largely did what it was supposed to do? It would be funny if it didn't seem portentous.

Edited by Brian
  • Like 3

Affirmative action is real.

Yes, racism is ugly.

What's even uglier is when political leaders intentionally use race as a tool to repress & subjugate the very people they claim to represent.
  • Like 2

What's even uglier is when political leaders intentionally use race as a tool to repress & subjugate the very people they claim to represent.

I agree. That is one of the problems of the false progressives called Democrats. True progressives know better.

Edited by blackstar212

I think there`s two things going on.  First off, we`ve got racism and sexism and all the rest.  And I agree with Brian that it`s a problem that cuts across party lines.  Second, we`ve got a reaction against racism and sexism which isn`t flowing forth from an emotionally clear centered place.  How could it?

When the body is sick it tries to heal with sometimes drastic measures that can provoke further problems.  We don`t go from the sickness of hatred to pristine harmony in one fell swoop.  Sometimes there`s pus.  Sometimes there`s a dangerous fever.  And occasionally a person dies from the fever rather than the infection.  We`ve gotten so polarized with some people objecting to infection and claiming the fever is never harmful, while others object to the fever and claim the infection doesn`t exist. The wise physician, I think, acknowledges both.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1

I think there`s two things going on. First off, we`ve got racism and sexism and all the rest. And I agree with Brian that it`s a problem that cuts across party lines. Second, we`ve got a reaction against racism and sexism which isn`t flowing forth from an emotionally clear centered place. How could it?

When the body is sick it tries to heal with sometimes drastic measures that can provoke further problems. We don`t go from the sickness of hatred to pristine harmony in one fell swoop. Sometimes there`s pus. Sometimes there`s a dangerous fever. And occasionally a person dies from the fever rather than the infection. We`ve gotten so polarized with some people objecting to infection and claiming the fever is never harmful, while others object to the fever and claim the infection doesn`t exist. The wise physician, I think, acknowledges both.

And what of the physician who feeds you poison to keep you sick while promising the next treatment will help?

And what of the physician who feeds you poison to keep you sick while promising the next treatment will help?

Oh, you mean chemotherapy?

Anyway, that`s exactly the position we find ourselves with much of modern medicine, in my opinion, so I guess I shouldn`t be surprised if we`re in an analogous position with regard to many social issues.  

Anyway, here`s what I`d do.  Switch doctors.  Get second and third opinions.  Explore alternative treatments.  Arm oneself with information so as not to be at the mercy of so-called experts.  All this and more -- just don`t deny that there`s a problem (racism, for instance) that requires some sort of informed, judicious response.  

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1

Oh, you mean chemotherapy?

Anyway, that`s exactly the position we find ourselves with much of modern medicine, in my opinion, so I guess I shouldn`t be surprised if we`re in an analogous position with regard to many social issues.

Anyway, here`s what I`d do. Switch doctors. Get second and third opinions. Explore alternative treatments. Arm oneself with information so as not to be at the mercy of so-called experts. All this and more -- just don`t deny that there`s a problem (racism, for instance) that requires some sort of informed, judicious response.

No, I mean those who have no intent or interest in helping to heal but instead sustain and grow their own personal power by keeping a population like fish on a stringer.