TheWhiteRabbit

Under Trump

So, going to take some time to use my skills to make some predictions besides what Trump will actually accomplish.

Monsanto will take excessive heat over then next few years.  It is uncertain if it will be carved up and sold in pieces.  However, the destruction from plant estrogen and GMOs in foods will reach world recognition and be a part of this.  It is uncertain if Monsanto will exist or not.

Watch groups that were a part of the regime that pushed fear in speaking out against left-extremists will undergo legistlation against them.  This will put an end for a while to widespread manipulation of minors to indulge in this type of self-defeating thinking.

The president after Trump may be liberal if it is allowed to happen will encourage and create laws for even greater obscene things causing even more depression in society.  Many good people will probably commit suicide more than during Obama's presidency...

http://www.wnd.com/2013/03/suicide-in-the-age-of-obama/

That should never be allowed to happen.  People need to realize what creates balance and stability in society.  We need to create unity by working together.  Not by doing what Obama has done.  America has strengthened this position by siding against evil this election.  Lets hope this is a trend that continues for years to come.  If not, say hello to the tolerance of much abnormal psychology.  The children are already confused enough and exploited of their childhood empathy to accept strange things already.  If you want the children of this country more confused and more messed up, by all means disregard what I say.  But if you do understand this... At least consider what tearing down how humans have been for thousands of years personally affects everyone.  We are really responsible for one another even if we like it or not.

• Like 2

So, going to take some time to use my skills to make some predictions besides what Trump will actually accomplish.

Monsanto will take excessive heat over then next few years.  It is uncertain if it will be carved up and sold in pieces.  However, the destruction from plant estrogen and GMOs in foods will reach world recognition and be a part of this.  It is uncertain if Monsanto will exist or not.

Watch groups that were a part of the regime that pushed fear in speaking out against left-extremists will undergo legistlation against them.  This will put an end for a while to widespread manipulation of minors to indulge in this type of self-defeating thinking.

The president after Trump may be liberal if it is allowed to happen will encourage and create laws for even greater obscene things causing even more depression in society.  Many good people will probably commit suicide more than during Obama's presidency...

http://www.wnd.com/2013/03/suicide-in-the-age-of-obama/

That should never be allowed to happen.  People need to realize what creates balance and stability in society.  We need to create unity by working together.  Not by doing what Obama has done.  America has strengthened this position by siding against evil this election.  Lets hope this is a trend that continues for years to come.  If not, say hello to the tolerance of much abnormal psychology.  The children are already confused enough and exploited of their childhood empathy to accept strange things already.  If you want the children of this country more confused and more messed up, by all means disregard what I say.  But if you do understand this... At least consider what tearing down how humans have been for thousands of years personally affects everyone.  We are really responsible for one another even if we like it or not.

America voted for evil massive evil in this election. For the love of money is the root of all evil.

• Like 2

America voted for evil massive evil in this election. For the love of money is the root of all evil.

I wish things were as simple, even Daoism is not simple.

If life were made good by something as simple as avoiding pickles?

I wish things were as simple, even Daoism is not simple.

If life were made good by something as simple as avoiding pickles?

Have you considered the problems with Trump's cabinet selections, conflicts of interest and so forth? Trump's phone conversation with the president of Taiwan and one must remember that the USA cut diplomatic ties with Taiwan in 1979. Moreover, his phone call to the president of Pakistan.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-taiwan-idUSKBN13R2NT

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1

Have you considered the problems with Trump's cabinet selections, conflicts of interest and so forth? Trump's phone conversation with the president of Taiwan and one must remember that the USA cut diplomatic ties with Taiwan in 1979. Moreover, his phone call to the president of Pakistan.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-taiwan-idUSKBN13R2NT

As he said... the US sells Billions of arms stuff to Taiwan...  and the news wants to go up in arms about a phone call ?

Lets at least be fair to both sides of an issue... I think this is the ultimate problem.

FWIW: The reason I don't have any reaction to any cabinet selection ?    They have not done anything in the position yet to comment on.    Folks love to look at the past and I sometimes wonder why a site devoted to cultivation looks at the past so much... 

• Like 3

As he said... the US sells Billions of arms stuff to Taiwan...  and the news wants to go up in arms about a phone call ?

Lets at least be fair to both sides of an issue... I think this is the ultimate problem.

FWIW: The reason I don't have any reaction to any cabinet selection ?    They have not done anything in the position yet to comment on.    Folks love to look at the past and I sometimes wonder why a site devoted to cultivation looks at the past so much... 

My PPF is current.  :)  In taiji, only the now matters, no one cares (me least of all) what my taiji was like twelve years ago.  But the art itself is not what was created now, or twelve years ago.  It is what it is for me now because of what Chen Wanting did four hundred years ago, plus what I've been doing for the past twelve.

In politics, it's the same.  So I don't think it's wrong to go far back to figure out the present and anticipate the future. 

Taiwan is currently armed to the upper teeth and Trump had nothing to do with it while all of his predecessors had everything to do with it.  A phone call?  Good grief.

I don't know all the details of the current squabble between the globalists and the imperialists, but Trump may be an indicator of the imperialists having won a round.  That's good news, folks.  Much as I hate imperialism, much as I think it has been the root of all evils past, the evils future embedded in globalism are way, way worse.  If we can delay this future, it is good news.  If we can avert it altogether...  let there be Trump.  I never thought I would derive hope from someone like this, but I swear -- I wasn't following the elections, I thought it was a done deal, and then a friend (who happens to be Taiwanese) called me late at night on the 8th and said, guess what, Trump is winning!  And I swear...  I felt as though a huge weight  which I didn't even know I was carrying was suddenly lifted from my shoulders and from my LDT, the organ whose main function, in my case, is to issue warnings and promises.  Trump is winning?  It means I don't have to live on subliminal red alert for a while, anticipating a global war every minute of every day?  It may be delayed?  It may be even averted, who knows?  Damn...  I couldn't ask for more, for now. 

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 5

It is the kali yuga and America voted to destroy the status quo.

There is deep seated distrust and disdain for the federal government, for good reason.

Their choice will not rebuild but lead to further decay and destruction is my prediction.

Perhaps it is exactly what we need to move forward towards rebirth and awakening.

• Like 5

It is the kali yuga and America voted to destroy the status quo.

There is deep seated distrust and disdain for the federal government, for good reason.

Their choice will not rebuild but lead to further decay and destruction is my prediction.

Perhaps it is exactly what we need to move forward towards rebirth and awakening.

There's different levels of decay and destruction.  A cold is not the flu.   The flu is not the plague.  

As a song goes, Rejoice, rejoice, you have no choice.   

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 4

As far as the phone call... Trump should have every right to make or receive a phone call to or from anyone he wants, right?

But the vast majority of Chinese citizens believe -- truly believe -- that Taiwan (Republic of China) is part of China (People's Republic of China). They believe that it does not have a legitimately separate government or military or economy or anything else. And the Chinese government has an interest in continuing to have them believe that. The CCP need the people to believe that they are the government of the only legitimate China; the only legitimate government.

And however wrong it might seem, I think it's in the USA's best interests to keep China pacified for the foreseeable future. Politically and in various other ways, China is way more important than Taiwan. It was more important in 1979 when official ties between USA and Taiwan were cut, and it's even more important now. So Trump's behaviour is really rather reckless.

Whatever one thinks about China -- and for most of us, a democratic state like Taiwan is preferable -- one cannot ignore the reality of China's modern power on the international stage, and that pissing them off without a really important reason is not a great idea. There are surely better ways of dealing with the China situation than yet more puerile 'tweets' from Trump.

Edited by dust
  • Like 2

As far as the phone call... Trump should have every right to make or receive a phone call to or from anyone he wants, right?

But the vast majority of Chinese citizens believe -- truly believe -- that Taiwan (Republic of China) is part of China (People's Republic of China). They believe that it does not have a legitimately separate government or military or economy or anything else. And the Chinese government has an interest in continuing to have them believe that. The CCP need the people to believe that they are the government of the only legitimate China; the only legitimate government.

And however wrong it might seem, I think it's in the USA's best interests to keep China pacified for the foreseeable future. Politically and in various other ways, China is way more important than Taiwan. It was more important in 1979 when official ties between USA and Taiwan were cut, and it's even more important now. So Trump's behaviour is really rather reckless.

Whatever one thinks about China -- and for most of us, a democratic state like Taiwan is preferable -- one cannot ignore the reality of China's modern power on the international stage, and that pissing them off without a really important reason is not a great idea. There are surely better ways of dealing with the China situation than yet more puerile 'tweets' from Trump.

He is not the president yet! Allegedly he is looking at building a new hotel in Taiwan.

Yes.... so pick up the phone :)

• Like 1

What I am seeing from some on this thread is the normalization of Trump's behavior as well as the past history of his chosen cabinet members. Normalize and any behavior becomes commonplace and not seen for what it is.

• Like 1

But the vast majority of Chinese citizens believe -- truly believe -- that Taiwan (Republic of China) is part of China (People's Republic of China).

Possibly.  But the vast majority of Taiwanese believe it is not. 

Ethnically most of the two are the same, but culturally they are truly citizens of distinctly different countries.  How it came about is a long story, but it came about.  One of my Taiwanese friends is a direct descendant of the naval commander who took Taiwan for the Qing emperor in 1683.  Guess what -- before that, Taiwan was colonized by the Spanish, before that, by the Dutch, and before that, for tens of thousands of years, inhabited by indigenous peoples, some of whom still survive, in the mountains and in places like Orchid Island.  And after China first grabbed it too, the history of Taiwan was colorful.  A few decades ago Japanese was spoken there more than Chinese.  The first Russian bakery in Asia was established in Taiwan (I still find familiar Russian pastries in Taiwanese bakeries in California.)  The American military bases contributed to a new direction...  and so on.  It is culturally cosmopolitan, and its inhabitants mostly feel like foreigners in mainland China, and are perceived as such -- on sight! -- despite no ethnic differences.  

So, I wouldn't discount the possibility that it wants to stay distinct and separate, and that a politician who notices what the population of a particular place thinks of where they do or don't belong is not all that unreasonable.  

Far as I know, for most Taiwanese the idea of being absorbed into mainland China is their worst nightmare, although the opposite view also exists...  

Oh, and it's never been a "democratic" country.  It was a puppet military dictatorship since its inception, in a semidemocratic wrapper.  Again, not all that unreasonable for a president who is a foreign affairs virgin to familiarize himself with what most Americans, presidents or not, haven't the foggiest about, and do it first hand...  unorthodox, but not unreasonable.  

• Like 2

Yes.... so pick up the phone :)

To reiterate, the USA broke off diplomatic relations with Taiwan in 1979. This is a sensitive problem with China and needs to be handled with careful diplomacy. Trump has no clue!!!

• Like 1

What I am seeing from some on this thread is the normalization of Trump's behavior as well as the past history of his chosen cabinet members. Normalize and any behavior becomes commonplace and not seen for what it is.

If he does get sworn in things will get normalized anyhow.  Might as well start early so you can be ahead of the game.

To reiterate, the USA broke off diplomatic relations with Taiwan in 1979. This is a sensitive problem with China and needs to be handled with careful diplomacy. Trump has no clue!!!

So what that we are friends with Taiwan?  We have been giving them weapons to defend themselves all along and still are today.  Why pretend they don't exist?  China has relations with Taiwan.  It is pretty much autonomous just like Mongolia is. 

We have a standing economic relationship with Taiwan.  Trump was saying "Hello" to a business partner.

So what that we are friends with Taiwan?  We have been giving them weapons to defend themselves all along and still are today.  Why pretend they don't exist?  China has relations with Taiwan.  It is pretty much autonomous just like Mongolia is. 

We have a standing economic relationship with Taiwan.  Trump was saying "Hello" to a business partner.

That is the problem. Relations between the US and Taiwan are unofficial.

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/35855.htm

Edited by ralis

In terms of normalizing Trump's behavior whether it is via the media, Trump's surrogates or the average person, I would recommend Hannah Arendt's works on the banality of evil in which she posits examples of.

Edited by ralis

Do we really need to add it up an call it "unofficial"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_US_arms_sales_to_Taiwan

Politics and documents are one thing... but not the whole picture.... 

Trump does not represent this country until the end of January. I would suggest that one such as yourself not overlook the past history of his cabinet picks. E.g. Jeff Sessions and why he was not confirmed as a Federal judge. But according to your previous comments one should just wait and see until it is too late.  https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/11/22/my-testimony-about-jeff-sessionss-racist-remarks-kept-him-from-becoming-a-judge/?utm_term=.6696d3353a6d

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1

Trump does not represent this country until the end of January. I would suggest that one such as yourself not overlook the past history of his cabinet picks. E.g. Jeff Sessions and why he was not confirmed as a Federal judge. https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/11/22/my-testimony-about-jeff-sessionss-racist-remarks-kept-him-from-becoming-a-judge/?utm_term=.6696d3353a6d

I'm not sure your meaning about January except maybe the recount stuff.. and that leads into the latter reference.

I don't know J. Sessions and don't know his past... I'm not going to look it up...  and I only care what they do once in their position.  That is why I don't judge picks yet.  But I respect that some have reservations and are outspoken about such people's past.   But I'll just reserve some comments till they actually do something in their appointment. 

I'm not sure your meaning about January except maybe the recount stuff.. and that leads into the latter reference.

I don't know J. Sessions and don't know his past... I'm not going to look it up...  and I only care what they do once in their position.  That is why I don't judge picks yet.  But I respect that some have reservations and are outspoken about such people's past.   But I'll just reserve some comments till they actually do something in their appointment. 

He is the President-elect and in no way can represent this country until he is sworn in, January 28th.

• Like 1

He is the President-elect and in no way can represent this country until he is sworn in, January 28th.

I hear you but really understand your point.  Once sworn in, he is just the president. Until then, just the president-elect.

Is there something we're really debating here?  

Maybe you're not fond of feeling he represents something about this country.  I've never thought this about any president elected and sworn in... but maybe you have this mindset.    That is fine.  

• Like 1