Christopher

Going to China to learn inner alchemy

Good point dragon... and in the end, all our plans are really just intentional, projected illusions anyway.

The conditions where you arrive and your reactions to them, which are almost wholly automated will dictate the experience.  Keep the heart open and go man go!

• Like 1

If you are deeply interested in Qi Gong I can put you in touch with a fine teacher in an old tradition - contact me by mail here.

I do not remember where in China just now but I could give you an introduction.

• Like 3

Meditation is an extraordinary tool for inner alchemy - and all things in general.

It is easily misunderstood and often lost to trance.

With only a little proper guidance it is a great treasure.

No teacher will have even one answer for you - you already have all of them.

Finding a practice that suits your beingness and undresses you to it is what you seek - this will hold you through the grind and keep you fluid and light.

• Like 3

No teacher will have even one answer for you - you already have all of them.

Finding a practice that suits your beingness.....

As is sometimes said, "The guru is within you." And I feel strongly that there can be a great danger of "giving away your power" to the teacher.

Finding a practice that suits one is extremely important I think. And it can also be important to STICK WITH that practice, even when you feel like giving it up.

I've found that ego can persuade people to give up a practice just when the person is close to transcending. If ego feels threatened by a particular practice because one is about to have a breakthrough or transcend ego- that's when it's so important to continue the practice, but also when one is likely to be tempted to stop.

• Like 2

Hey there,

I had a strong calling to go to india and nepal some years back, and ask Ch. Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche where to look for a master that can teach and guide students in Ati-Yoga (Dzogchen) and he gave me several names and places to visit, I finally (sort of) settled in Tso Pema, started to study this godforsakenly strange tibetan language (felt like a total idiot for 2 years), did my ngondro (tantric priliminary practices - most western modern peoples don't seem to like those too much, I for my part think they are the most potent system of transformation I ever practiced, still form the main part of my daily sadhana)

build a trusting and close relationship with my lamas - and deepen that relationship still

best decission I made in my life

I hope it will be the same for you - and that you go straight to the essence without taking detours

Have a smooth awakening and some extra adventouring as well ;)

nothing better then questing for the holy grail in foreign strange countries :D

• Like 4

I think it depends on the type og ah-ha moment you are seeking...

Practicing the same thing will just get you stronger and more continuous effects along the same lines.

I've had plenty of different wow moments, but the biggest new wow was usually when i started practicing something different, a new method or formula, though not necessarily a new teaching style. I'm mainly self taught.

• Like 2

I think it depends on the type og ah-ha moment you are seeking...

Practicing the same thing will just get you stronger and more continuous effects along the same lines.

I've had plenty of different wow moments, but the biggest new wow was usually when i started practicing something different, a new method or formula, though not necessarily a new teaching style. I'm mainly self taught.

The rabbits way - Ah-ha moments - fleeting things you put in a pocket and show off to yourself. They should spur you to go deeper as validation of your practice - but nothing more - for you will transcend them by a wide margin if they have not become candy and trophy.

Seeking ah-ha moments - is a bit like looking for the latest circle jerk - it is why the turtle always wins.

The rabbits way - Ah-ha moments - fleeting things you put in a pocket and show off to yourself. They should spur you to go deeper as validation of your practice - but nothing more - for you will transcend them by a wide margin if they have not become candy and trophy.

Seeking ah-ha moments - is a bit like looking for the latest circle jerk - it is why the turtle always wins.

But its not always about winning...

We are not all the same, we are all different, there is no one best fit training method. There is nothing wrong with showing off to ones self, and nothing saying one cant be a turtle and a rabbit.

I'm going to Wudang in September for a month of training with Master Chen Lisheng.

http://www.wudangwuji.com/

The day of training is usually about ten hours and there is much emphasis on internal work, plenty of standing, sitting practice.

Master Chen teaches Bagua, Taiji, Five Animals Qigong and many other aspects.

On Wudang there are some more performance-esque schools although I am personally not interested in them.

• Like 3

It's affected my Qi Gong in a similar manner.  I'm fortunate that my Qi Gong practice albeit from a different teacher, is also Wudang and is compatible.

Hi silent thunder ... :)

After the seminar with WLP, have you incorporated the stuff you learned on the seminar in to your previous training or have you began with WLP system? 

• Like 2

On 6/28/2016 at 6:22 AM, Jox said:

Hi silent thunder ... :)

After the seminar with WLP, have you incorporated the stuff you learned on the seminar in to your previous training or have you began with WLP system? 

Whoa, missed this question.  It's been four years and I'm just encountering this post, apologies mate.  In case you, or anyone else is still interested...

At the time you asked this I was using both systems daily.  It had been a little over six months since I'd gone on retreat with Master Wang.

In the ensuing years...

There are times I have opted to oscillate between them, working one only, and times I abstain from both.  I am currently nearing the end of an abstinence period and will begin with both again soon. 

Master Zhou stressed that the Qi Gong he was sharing with us "plays well with others"; so long as one was played morning and others in the evening, or vice versa.   Master Zhou's moving forms compliment Wang Liping's stillness techniques to potent effect (for me)

The two systems seem related as I've experienced them.  They resonate and harmonize with each other in a remarkable fluidic feedback system.  

• Like 1