Junko

The origin of mankind

Nungers in furious defence of conventional history once again... <Yawn>

Do I really have to remind you how that ended the last time?

http://www.thedaobums.com/topic/40629-egyptian-origins/

But no worries... The Star-Lord knows what it was really like back in the old days!

Yeah, those guys knew how to party!

How it ended last time ???    I think you must have linked to the wrong thread ?    How does that one 'go '  ... its a book review ???    :unsure:

Actually speaking of how ' it went last time' ... how is that Atlantis book going ?    ^_^

Or are we still on 'permanent stall' ?  

I dont argue about these kinds of things, if you believe its all a hoax or total bullshit - that is your choice.  I wont waste my time trying to convince you of anything, as Id rather be doing something else.  If you enjoy ranting about it, go ahead and keep on going, but I wont respond to it.  Ive said my piece.

actually I was responding to the question you asked me .....

"  If you want to talk about what YOU know, go right ahead, I'm listening. "  

If a demonstration of people  actually doing these  things and proving how they could have been  done with simple but innovative stone age and bronze age 'technology'   and are able to demonstrate it -   is considered a  'rant'  .....     :huh:  

• Like 1

Are we related to dinosaurs?

I shall ask uncle brontosaurus. :-)

• Like 2

In a way, yes.  But then, viewed from a different perspective, no.  Birds are related to dinosaurs though.  We are closer to the lizard type creatures that existed prior to the evolution of the dinosaur.

(A different branch of the tree of life.)

• Like 1

All things are related to each other.  You are related to the rocks, the trees, the air, the stars, the black holes - all of it.

• Like 3

In a way, yes.  But then, viewed from a different perspective, no.  Birds are related to dinosaurs though.  We are closer to the lizard type creatures that existed prior to the evolution of the dinosaur.

Right. So it seems like humans and birds/dinos had a common ancestor in the reptilian world if you go back far enough. A being that had evolved from the amphibians, which in turn are the descendants of lung fish.

• Like 2

We are all descended from that first vertebrate creature that developed the first eyeball, the legacy of which exists as what is known as the "pineal gland" - a tiny gland in the center of the brain - which is still photoreceptive, it still responds to light, or photons - and recent evidence shows it is probably the primary source of DMT synthesis within the brain.  We already know it is the source of melatonin, which is a direct byproduct of DMT.  The pineal gland is often referred to as the "third eye" in esoteric and metaphysical literature.  

On a somewhat related note - as modern humans our most pervasive neurotransmitter is serotonin, but some of you may be able to imagine what life would be like if our most pervasive neurotransmitter was DMT... or even if the ratio was just a bit different than it is now.  

The crystalline connection

The earliest eyes were probably just simple eyespots that could only tell the difference between light and dark. Only later did some animals evolve spherical eyes that could focus light into images. Crucial to these image-forming eyes was the evolution of lenses that could focus light. Lenses are made of remarkable molecules called crystallins, which are among the most specialized proteins in the body. They are transparent, and yet can alter the path of incoming light so as to focus an image on the retina. Crystallins are also the most stable proteins in the body, keeping their structure for decades. (Cataracts are caused by crystallins clumping late in life.)

It turns out that crystallins also evolved from recruited genes. All vertebrates, for example, have crystallins in their lenses known as α-crystallins. They started out not as light-focusing molecules, however, but as a kind of first aid for cells. When cells get hot, their proteins lose their shape. They use so-called heat-shock proteins to cradle overheated proteins so that they can still carry out their jobs. Scientists have found that α-crystallins not only serve to focus light in the eye, but also act as heat-shock proteins in other parts of the body. This evidence indicates that in an early vertebrate, a mutation caused α-crystallins to be produced on the surface of their eyes. It turned out to have the right optical properties for bending light. Later mutations fine-tuned α-crystallins, making them better at their new job.

Vertebrates also produce other crystallins in their eyes, and some crystallins are limited to only certain groups, such as birds or lizards. And invertebrates with eyes, such as insects and squid, make crystallins of their own. Scientists are gradually discovering the origins of all these crystallins. It turns out that many different kinds of proteins have been recruited, and they all proved to be good for bending light.

In 2007, Trevor Lamb and his colleagues at Australian National University synthesized these studies and many others to produce a detailed hypothesis about the evolution of the vertebrate eye. The forerunners of vertebrates produced light-sensitive eyespots on their brains that were packed with photoreceptors carrying c-opsins. These light-sensitive regions ballooned out to either side of the head, and later evolved an inward folding to form a cup. Early vertebrates could then do more than merely detect light: they could get clues about where the light was coming from. The ancestors of hagfish branched off at this stage of vertebrate eye evolution, and today their eyes offer some clues to what the eyes of our own early ancestors would have looked like.

After hagfish diverged from the other vertebrates, Lamb and his colleagues argue, a thin patch of tissue evolved on the surface of the eye. Light could pass through the patch, and crystallins were recruited into it, leading to the evolution of a lens. At first the lens probably only focused light crudely. But even a crude image was better than none. A predator could follow the fuzzy outline of its prey, and its prey could flee at the fuzzy sight of its attackers. Mutations that improved the focusing power of the lens were favored by natural selection, leading to the evolution of a spherical eye that could produce a crisp image.

The evolution of the vertebrate eye did not stop there. Some evolved the ability to see in the ultraviolet. Some species of fish evolved double lenses, which allowed them to see above and below the water's surface at the same time. Vertebrates adapted to seeing at night and in the harsh light of the desert. Salamanders crept into caves and ended up with tiny vestiges of eyes covered over by skin. But all those vertebrate eyes were variations on the same basic theme established half a billion years ago.

• Like 1

Birds sit very comfortably on their branch of the tree of life. 

• Like 1

Birds sit very comfortably on their branch of the tree of life. 

Far better than I would be able to.

How it ended last time ???    I think you must have linked to the wrong thread ?    How does that one 'go '  ... its a book review ???    :unsure:

Actually speaking of how ' it went last time' ... how is that Atlantis book going ?    ^_^

Or are we still on 'permanent stall' ?  

Nope.

2rc7m6a.jpg

"Hulk no smash. Hulk no smash. Hulk... maybe smash a little."

http://www.thedaobums.com/topic/39928-atlantis/page-8#entry696206

• Like 1

Far better than I would be able to.

They may be able to fly off the branch better, but when it comes to sitting ... you are the champ !  

congorwandaSlider_NgagaCamp_WesternLowla

• Like 1

BTW  Watching TV this afternoon I found out:

The Gibbon is an ape.  That means it is on the same branch of the tree of life as we, the gorilla, orangutan, and chimp.

They got a ball and socket shoulder joint  -   No wonder they good at swinging around on things !  

1-6_english.gif

• Like 1

They can't use 'fork' like we use.

True.  But they can swing from tree to tree way much better than we can.

This is interesting. Animals have a ability which we human don't have, another way around what we human can do they can't do.....this is the key to find out about the origin I feel.

• Like 1

This is interesting. Animals have a ability which we human don't have, another way around what we human can do they can't do.....this is the key to find out about the origin I feel.

They say the moon is hollow and the rings of Saturn are engineered. It's even suggested Jupiter is an extinguished binary star and the canals of Mars were carved out by electrical discharge.

Of course they also said the Royal family murdered Princess Di.

I don't believe anyone unless they are dressed like Darth Vader.

• Like 1

They say the moon is hollow and the rings of Saturn are engineered. It's even suggested Jupiter is an extinguished binary star and the canals of Mars were carved out by electrical discharge.

I like those theories.

Yeah, it seems that each species has evolved as best it can to its environment.  I think the human brain is far more advanced in logic than it is in rationality.  And it all too often returns to its useless instincts.

But we are still evolving.  Who know what we and other species will be like 5 million years from now?

They can't use 'fork' like we use.

Indeed, they cannot. But who needs a fork to eat a banana ? 

A fox can eat off a plate, but a stork cannot.  A stork can eat out of a long jar but a fox cannot. 

There is a moral to that story . 

YES!   Which is why I was narrowing down what actually IS the thing that makes mankind different from the other animals  (not the things he does, but the function of the human that allows them to do these different things.

Yes .... you gotta watch out for  'them'  (  or 'they' )  ....   a nasty bunch they are   ;) 

• Like 1