Marblehead

"Well" and Anarchy

As far as I ma concerned I own every one of my posts.  If someone wants to remove them they have to give a reason.  By being a member I consent to the mods having these powers - but no-one else.  So I agree with you about not posting in those subs.  I suggest just start threads in General and Off Topic until this experiment is over.

i thought we had gone over this very thing when the wood goat appeared on this forum about a year ago?

anyways i look forward to the new art sean will post when the chinese new year arrives

• Like 1

i thought we had gone over this very thing when the wood goat appeared on this forum about a year ago?

anyways i look forward to the new art sean will post when the chinese new year arrives

I think I was disinterested/asleep/drunk at the time.

Edited by Apech

were you on mod duty then ???   :huh:

no but similar ... nod duty

what animal do we have to look forward to next then?

Edited by Apech
  • Like 1

As far as I ma concerned I own every one of my posts.  If someone wants to remove them they have to give a reason.  By being a member I consent to the mods having these powers - but no-one else.  So I agree with you about not posting in those subs.  I suggest just start threads in General and Off Topic until this experiment is over.

I agree with you that, basically, you are (or should be) the owner of your posts. That seems in keeping not least with international copyright regulations.

• Like 2

I agree with you that, basically, you are (or should be) the owner of your posts. That seems in keeping not least with international copyright regulations.

I got banned completely from a forum for suggesting that. It had become inundated with a progressive liberal left who got into positions of power and began purging all their opposition by removing posts arbitrarily and even modifying posts. Eventually I removed all my posts and refused not to do so again.

• Like 1

I agree with the concerns being expressed here. But the alternative puts the burden on the moderators. Being a moderator here is a thankless task - and worse - as past moderators testify and the recent attacks on Michael Sternbach amply demonstrate.

Personally I'm happy for the experiment of owner control to run a little longer. So far it hasn't effected me one way or another. I don't have owner permission and I don't intend on applying for it. I didn't know it applied to General Discussion and am pleased if that's been discontinued. I avoid discussions with certain people because I feel it would be useless to engage with them. And it seems these are the small minority of people causing problems. But these problems are not huge - and we need a diversity of people here. I can see a little of myself in everyone. I learn from darkness as well as light. 

My bottom line continues to be that Dao Bums is an excellent forum. It's the only social media that I use and I take both my participation here and the health of this site very seriously. It's a part of my personal cultivation. I greatly appreciate the effort of staff - especially Dawei - for the energy they devote for the benefit of us all.  Hence, I'd like to see how this owner permission thing pans out longer term.  

Edited by Yueya
  • Like 4

Good Morning.

I have nothing more to add and everything else is still owned by others and I don't touch stuff that is owned by others so I'll check in tomorrow.

Have a great day.

• Like 3

Ok listen up fuckers!

I happen to love one thing almost above all others, (except the stuff that I don't...) and that is grumpy old folks!

At least Grandmaster P popped in and said Hi, so I know we haven't totally lost him...

But if you chase off any more grumpy old folks, I'll have to go too, since I'm one of em.

and for THE LOVE OF TAO... STOP THROWING MUD AT MY HOUSE!

• Like 3

From Leonard Cohen.......

"Roshi said something nice to me one time. He said that the older you get, the lonelier you become, and the deeper the love you need. Which means that this hero that you're trying to maintain as the central figure in the drama of your life—this hero is not enjoying the life of a hero. You're exerting a tremendous maintenance to keep this heroic stance available to you, and the hero is suffering defeat after defeat. And they're not heroic defeats; they're ignoble defeats. Finally, one day you say, 'Let him die—I can't invest any more in this heroic position'.”

• Like 1

This was very much dawei's brainchild and to be fair he saw it in a wholly positive light, the idea being that it would permit self- moderation via "ownership" of threads.

I never saw it as anything other than the wishy washy brainchild of intellectual incompetence.

On the bright side what has been done may yet be undone.

Actually that is wrong on many levels.   It was recommended by a member.. and a group of admins discussed it...  And the vote was 3-1 to not do it...  you can guess who the one vote was.

But some folks are able to put aside their vote when asked to try the best to implement something.  

But some folks are able to put aside their vote when asked to try the best to implement something.  

Yes, just ask the ghost of Yamamoto about Pearl Harbor:

Yamamoto and Pearl Harbor

(I intend this as my second wry observation of the day on Dao Bums, not as a serious critique of the present policy.  Though I do have as I have said reservations about it.)

• Like 2

I respect your comments Chang.

Thoughts are sometimes horrible things and if the thoughts are put into action, well, what can I say?

Yes, we need a bright side.

Hi Marblehead,

Now is the time to reveal our tin foil hats,thoughts are streaming everywhere.

Some of us are prepared,go on get your foil hats,I've got mine ready,made some last minute adjustments cause Nungali reckons they work better with holes in them,or was that so they don't work so good.

The bright side,mmmpost-112539-0-06356700-1454036858_thumb.jpegpost-112539-0-76003600-1454036875_thumb.jpegpost-112539-0-38030400-1454036888_thumb.jpegpost-112539-0-44252200-1454036904_thumb.jpegpost-112539-0-67325900-1454036922_thumb.jpegpost-112539-0-19229400-1454036940_thumb.jpegpost-112539-0-78929400-1454036955_thumb.jpegpost-112539-0-39323400-1454036985_thumb.jpegpost-112539-0-77038600-1454037027_thumb.jpegpost-112539-0-13008800-1454037396_thumb.jpeg

post-112539-0-25425200-1454037003_thumb.jpeg

Edited by AussieTrees

Hi Marblehead,

Now is the time to reveal our tin foil hats,thoughts are streaming everywhere.

Some of us are prepared,go on get your foil hats,I've got mine ready,made some last minute adjustments cause Nungali reckons they work better with holes in them,or was that so they don't work so good.

I can just hear the mind control villains, "Rats, foiled again!"

(Well, rats, I was foiled myself since the editor would not allow me to reproduce the ever so chic foil headgear.)

• Like 1

i am so out of the loop i reckon,

let me get this straight,

if a teacher of some taoist system(or any other, ie voodoo, buddhism etc) starts a thread here now,

they can filter/censor the conversation?

like they could allow the positive remarks concerning their school

at the same time keep anyone from expressing concerns

or even hiding posts from anyone who has experience of that school

that does not bow down to the guru?

Eg.

LooDoo a little known offshoot of VooDoo,well there was a division,so we split.

We do all the same things as with VD,but we reserve the right to flush anything,that's the difference.

Dam it,we got rights,when someone shits in your toilet,they gotta flush,when they don't,bastards.

Kids don't flush,and the VD clan don't,bastards.

"Dam right,we got rights,and our ignorance is just ass good as yours ass."

Well, it looks like this is the only sub-forum I will be active in from now on.  All the other sub-forums are or have the potential for ownership and the power to remove anything anyone posts in them.

I really will miss talking about Taoism.

Have a great day.

You have posted almost 4,000 times since this was implemented less than a year ago...  what has really changed here ;)

• Like 1

You have posted almost 4,000 times since this was implemented less than a year ago...  what has really changed here ;)

This can easily be explained. Marblehead is a masochist. :D

• Like 1

Give me a fucking break.

My defense is an attack on him?

So am I to stand and let him punch and slap me  about as so pleases a small man with small mind and some power?

I have hands off him and not even call on him to prove things when he kept screaming at me for proofs that fit his definations.  I definately declined to prove things which are common sense and but made no sense to someone like him.  I had ask him to go to Davos  for that since that is in his neck of the woods.

I agree with the concerns being expressed here. But the alternative puts the burden on the moderators. Being a moderator here is a thankless task - and worse - as past moderators testify and the recent attacks on Michael Sternbach amply demonstrate.

Edited by shanlung