Wells

Dzogchen, superior to Tantra. Really...?

Is this so hard?

watching the shadows on the wall in the Cave allegory ^= watching reflections on the surface of a lake / mirror in buddhist / bonpo / hinduist allegories

No not hard at all.  The allegories you quote do not match the explanation you gave above - so I concluded that your understanding is wrong.  I wasn't opening a debate about it - I just wanted to check you meant that cave allegory that's all.

Yes father did you call?

Maybe you could explain it to him because, frankly, I can't be arsed...

Maybe you could explain it to him because, frankly, I can't be arsed...

Wells,

Gatito was making the point that poor spelling can be dyslexia which in turn can be a sign of high intelligence.  So there was no need to take umbrage at my (obviously humorous remark as I finished it with a :) to show I was being light hearted) remark.  And you do not need to lecture us about the 'US' and language as neither of us are American.

• Like 1

Wells,

Gatito was making the point that poor spelling can be dyslexia which in turn can be a sign of high intelligence.  So there was no need to take umbrage at my (obviously humorous remark as I finished it with a :) to show I was being light hearted) remark.  And you do not need to lecture us about the 'US' and language as neither of us are American.

Thanks!

Appreciate it!

Speak for yourself.

The gurus make clear, that not every student is equal in his faculty:

1) inferior faculty

2) medium faculty

3) superior faculty ("he who understands immedeately")

The gurus also make clear that you need a guru. I was simply trying to offer some truly helpful advice on the path. Why waste your time?

• Like 1

Not exactly true.

Your quote says "can have"

and your assumption that I had dyslexia was simply a wrong one right from the start,

that's what I pointed out.

Plus that the assumtion that I simply had another mother language would have been more appropriate.

In fact, I knew that english isn't your mother tongue and I didn't assume that you were dyslexic...

• Like 1

Furthermore, I know that you have a high IQ but... the only that IQ tests measure is how good you are at doing IQ tests...

• Like 1

In fact, I knew that english isn't your mother tongue and I didn't assume that you were dyslexic...

It is usual to spell English with a capital 'e'.

It is usual to spell English with a capital 'e'.

I guess his spell checker doesn't know English.

• Like 1

The text quote says "can", possibly suggesting the possibility of a form of dyslexia independant to IQ additionally to a form to dyslexia due to low IQ.

So I can't see it as a compliment for my intelligence, if someone wrongly suspects me to have a problem,

which people of low, medium and high intelligence can have.

I think you may be demonstrating your lack of dyslexic high IQ.  I feel convinced.

What happened to jolly old Dzogchen?

When one attends a weekend retreat there is very little or no student teacher/interaction. The teachings are endless lectures with empowerment's which are only outer teachings with permission to practice. That is all it is and nothing more. If people think they are really receiving some mind altering transmission, they are just fooling themselves.

To receive the in depth teachings and there are a few Lama's that are not as strict, one must attend a 3 year retreat.

They don't receive some intense transmission, but they are more capable to understand the teachings than someone who is just learning through books. The written word is very different from listening to someone talk in person, in any subject matter. Also, if there are empowerments and practices given, that does a lot toward helping us get it. By practicing afterward, you gain that personal experience (and thus, revelation) which is impossible by only learning through books. The books are there to supplement learning, not to be the primary source.

• Like 1

Why?

They have their own self interest which is their own higher cause. The authoritarian higher cause is always the problem.

• Like 1

As your level of intelligence is (scientifically) only determined through your result in IQ tests,

having a high result in IQ tests means (scientifically) to have a high intelligence.

Meaningless self-referental circular argument like many of the advanced teachings that are actually designed to remove intellectual obscurations (like yours).

:)