dwai

Fear is the root of All suffering

Agreed, but since I cant help but expect a catch

"'Cos you know sometimes words have two meanings"

Stairway to heaven.

There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold

And she's buying a stairway to heaven.

When she gets there she knows, if the stores are all closed

With a word she can get what she came for.

Ooh, ooh, and she's buying a stairway to heaven.

There's a sign on the wall but she wants to be sure

'Cause you know sometimes words have two meanings.

In a tree by the brook, there's a songbird who sings,

Sometimes all of our thoughts are misgiven.

Ooh, it makes me wonder,

Ooh, it makes me wonder.

There's a feeling I get when I look to the west,

And my spirit is crying for leaving.

In my thoughts I have seen rings of smoke through the trees,

And the voices of those who stand looking.

Ooh, it makes me wonder,

Ooh, it really makes me wonder.

And it's whispered that soon, if we all call the tune,

Then the piper will lead us to reason.

And a new day will dawn for those who stand long,

And the forests will echo with laughter.

If there's a bustle in your hedgerow, don't be alarmed now,

It's just a spring clean for the May queen.

Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run

There's still time to change the road you're on.

And it makes me wonder.

Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know,

The piper's calling you to join him,

Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know

Your stairway lies on the whispering wind?

And as we wind on down the road

Our shadows taller than our soul.

There walks a lady we all know

Who shines white light and wants to show

How everything still turns to gold.

And if you listen very hard

The tune will come to you at last.

When all are one and one is all

To be a rock and not to roll.

And she's buying a stairway to heaven.

Edited by Karl
  • Like 1

Lovely song Karl, I never caught even half the lyrics,, which wouldve enriched my singing along,,, perhaps. But I have no idea what its supposed to mean. Can you break it down for a simple man?

• Like 1

Lovely song Karl, I never caught even half the lyrics,, which wouldve enriched my singing along,,, perhaps. But I have no idea what its supposed to mean. Can you break it down for a simple man?

No, that's not allowed :-)

Your words reminded me of the lyric 'and she wants to be sure 'cos you know how words have two meanings' . Then I read the entire thing and it means something to me because that's how I interpret it, but it's not necessarily the same thing to you.

Meps meps, .. For some reason I cant superimpose any interp on this whatsoever. Ooh and it makes me wonder if thats not due to fine craftsmanship , or , some cultural barrier. Im just drawing a blank. I cant even tell whos speaking .

• Like 1

Meps meps, .. For some reason I cant superimpose any interp on this whatsoever. Ooh and it makes me wonder if thats not due to fine craftsmanship , or , some cultural barrier. Im just drawing a blank. I cant even tell whos speaking .

Then it fits in well with our present discussion :-)

One moment a cloud looks like a bird and the next it's an unassociated shape-but always defined, conceptually as a cloud.

As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there.

He wasn't there again today,

I wish that man would go away. (Antagonish)

We passed upon the stair

He spoke of was and when

Although I wasn't there

He said I was a friend. ( David Bowie-the man who sold the world).

Edited by Karl
  • Like 1

Oh, these are lessons for a stubborn student, me, to apply my unconscious. Ok , Ill give it a go. The song is about a girl looking for truth and happiness , with drugs... the speaker was once too but eventually came to god instead.

The second is just a snip about a person who noticed the annoying nature of the superego.

I would say youre correct, that we arrange ideas which may not be connected in actuality into a semblance of coherency, which isnt provable or disprovable, and is individual in nature...

and holding to the theme the third subject on the stair would be ego.

Edited by Stosh

You have it distorted. Man is the animal that reasons. You have become enmeshed in falsehoods that have bypassed your reasoning faculty and become embedded directly in the subconscious. You are eschewing identity and subordinating yourself to rulers. It's a process by which the individual is reduced to a slave with the function of serving 'the greater good' or whatever thing the word weavers have conjured up this time. You are something, you are an individual with defined identity don't let that go.

I'm not talking about Pacifism or abdication of personal sovereignty.

Fear is life, fear is good. Life is suffering too. Suffering is good. How much life can you bare ? How much suffering is ideal for you ? A lot of fear, he said, and very little suffering. Leave me some serenity so I can enjoy what is taken.

Does suffering have roots? What makes it grow? What are the roots for? In what do they ground themselves? What goes through them? My niece said: I have to suffer so I can compare with Snow White and Cinderella. My roots are self love and will to grandeur. My needs are a Prince and fights so we love eachother. I am in fear of not suffering and getting a boring life. It is enough for me to feel alive. It is not too much so I don't realise I am dying. My niece goes dancing and singing "once upon a dream".

If life is a triangle and fear is the hypothenuse, then the square root of fear equals two squared stuff put together and there is something about a circle all around.

I am gRoot.

Edited by canacan

I just saw the title of the thread and turned it around in my head: suffering is the root of all fear.

Root is the fear of suffering.

Fear is the suffering of all roots.

Marvel is an arrangement of all words... It's also a producer of super heroes.

• Like 2

I just saw the title of the thread and turned it around in my head: suffering is the root of all fear.

But why do we consider "suffering" suffering? What makes a certain set of experiences suffering versus some others that are not suffering?

• Like 2

But why do we consider "suffering" suffering? What makes a certain set of experiences suffering versus some others that are not suffering?

I don't know. I think human suffering involves some amount of empathy, and love. Maybe the answer can be found by observing nature? Do animals suffer? My dog seems to really suffer when she's left alone. So, it's probably not strictly a human trait. But is my dog suffering because she's worried about me, or about herself? I'd like it to be the former, but it's probably the latter.

But my cats never suffer. They get indignant and impatient, but they're very selfish animals, no empathy to be expected from them.

What kind of animal are humans? I guess we're closer to dogs, so the seed of suffering is in us, perhaps it's attached to the seed of love.

blah blah blah ... I don't know :blush:

• Like 3

I don't know. I think human suffering involves some amount of empathy, and love. Maybe the answer can be found by observing nature? Do animals suffer? My dog seems to really suffer when she's left alone. So, it's probably not strictly a human trait. But is my dog suffering because she's worried about me, or about herself? I'd like it to be the former, but it's probably the latter.

But my cats never suffer. They get indignant and impatient, but they're very selfish animals, no empathy to be expected from them.

What kind of animal are humans? I guess we're closer to dogs, so the seed of suffering is in us, perhaps it's attached to the seed of love.

blah blah blah ... I don't know :blush:

Haha that was very honest of you. But that's not entirely correct that you don't know. We all know...don't we. If we don't know why we suffer, that is indeed a travesty. Suffering is a very personal thing...no one else can suffer on my behalf.

From my personal analysis of suffering, it seems to be a result of aversion to certain experiences or fear of losing certain experiences (pleasurable). What is this aversion (could be many things...aversion to pain, sorrow, stress, et ) if not fear?

Without the aversion, suffering would just be experience that exists in a moment in time and then subsides.

• Like 1

Ah-hah!

"All is the root of suffering fear."

Or something like that...

• Like 2

Ah-hah!

"All is the root of suffering fear."

Or something like that...

So you mean to say "We suffer fear?" -- yes we do. We simultaneously fear suffering too...

So you mean to say "We suffer fear?" -- yes we do.

Not always... and not everybody the same.

We simultaneously fear suffering too...

To fear suffering wee simultaneously.

Or maybe "all is the fear of suffering root?"

I don't really relate so I'm shooting in the dark...

• Like 1

Or maybe "all is the fear of suffering root?"

I don't really relate so I'm shooting in the dark...

I think that is getting closer and closer.

Shooting in the dark is a good way to kill your wife.

I do know one thing about suffering:  If you have a planter's wart on the heel of your foot and the root is not remove you will suffer again later.

With a plantar's wart, stepping on lego.  

That's pain.

Call that pain, you don't know you were born.....try a stone in the Kidney now that's proper pain. :-)

Call that pain.....that was luxury

• Like 2

I don't care.  It still fucking hurts.

sorry, I didn't elaborate on my grammar nazi moment as it was just a quick note written from my phone.

May reason for corresting your post wasn't so much due to the spelling but the misconception that, thanks to the homynym "planter",  plantar warts have something to do with being barefoot in the fields. Nothing could be further from the truth. The reason plantar warts (called so because they occur on the plantar skin, ie the sole of the foot) are so painful is that they grow inward, and push against nerves. The reason they grow inward is simply the fact that we stand on our feet. In theory, you could get the smae thing anywhere else on the body, if there were something restricting the wart from growing outward.

The common reaction to a plantar wart is to avoid going barefoot, but wrapping your feet in shoes or bandages only exacerbates the problem.

• Like 1