nine tailed fox

fear of dark and ghosts

guys pls help, i want to remove my fear of dark and ghosts completely

It's caused by Kidney weakness. Nothing to fear as EVERYTHING is in the MIND.

Read this info to heal the Water element.

Also: Five Spirits.

Meditating near water, walking meditation, Taijiquan, Baguaquan are excellent Kidney healing exercises.

Edited by Gerard

For me it works when carring about my body. Aromatherapy- buy some essential oils (lemon, bergamote, lavender, mandarin) good, quality food, quality oils, almonds. Wear bright colours, eat some good deassert, hang a talisman with mother marry on your neck. Pray to your guardian angel in the midst of panick, repeat a few times.

These fears simply will wanish. Just wait untill they gone, dont act stupid or harmfull things even if your mind brings some solutions. It simply needs to be faced but you can help with making yourself safe and delightfull

Edited by Kubba

besides the term "meditation" is a very abused one... for one could be deeply concentrated on and joyfully washing the dishes and that to would be a type of meditation - so buyer beware there are also some spooky or la-la land meditations that may be floating around along with the healthy and safe forms.

O thank you for posting that !

IME people are going around saying 'meditate this ... meditate that. '

What the hell are you talking about ? 

Others: "Ummm meditation ... you know ?"

No I do not ! You seem to think sitting in lotus eyes closed and 'looking spiritual' and being relaxed or 'not thinking' is meditation.

People say 'Let's meditate  together' and assume everyone knows what they are talking about - well the others do seem to know what others mean - until you ask them exactly . 

IME there are LOTS of types of meditations (or 'practices' ) we can meditate on empty mind or a thing or on how one thing is connected to everything , there is 'passive and active' meditation ... etc. 

But people think I am picky and a bit nuts and dont know  about meditation  ... like they do    :glare:

Ohhhh I loved it when the senior elderly Lama visited here ( at my place)  from Tibet ... all the spiritual wankers turned up ... all trying to act spiritual lama like  :D   ... he picked up on someone raving about 'meditation' and said 'Okay lets meditate.'

So they all automatically sat in lotus closed eyes and went off ... I watched .. and so did lama.

Then he screamed at them at the top of his voice ... that 'woke them up'   :D

And he asked "What was that? You were nearly all asleep then ... that is not mediation ... when you awoke startled for that one moment ... that was meditation !  Its not supposed to be about being asleep, its about being awake and aware ! 

Loved that guy !  I had a chat with him later ... very cool dude !  We laughed together and he slapped me on the back ... after, people from the Buddhist society told me they were very unimpressed with my disrespectful behaviour to him ... chatting casually like that   :blink:   

• Like 5

since i created this topic, i have had 2 nightmares lol

i dont know what has happened, its like i am consistently getting nightmares

it has just started happening from 1,2 months ago

first dream i had was where i was on my bike in a rainy night, and a bus past me, someone in that bus was showing me his hand, as a sign of five

after that my bike stooped near a black lady, she was young but she looked like a begger and she was trying to frighten me

and my bike was not starting at that point lol

and last night i saw a skeleton

actually my house is quite old and there is a possibility of treasure here, but i dont want that treasure, i have no intereset

so last night i saw that my aunt was saying to me that the treasure of this house slipped out of our hands, and i said i dont want this treasure pls dont even try, whoever is the owner of this treasure probably dont want us to take this

but she still opened a hole on the wall of my house, and there was a well made place on the wall , like a closet to hide something

and inside that closet was a skeleton

in the dream we were saying that it could be of the king or someone else

actually i had this treasure related dream quite a few time

i have mentioned that i had a dream about my room which scared the hell out of me

i saw a lady getting so angry over me , because i was trying to make a hole on the wall of my room and get the treasure

her eyes were red, and she was also wearing red

Well, it looks like the negative energy is coming from your house, and your room too.  Are you or your family the original owner of the house?  If not, what is the history of it.  Why you think there are some treasures hidden in this house?  Maybe is not treasure.....  Maybe some dark past about this house....  

Maybe the lady is telling you not to pursue it.  Is not going to work because the more someone is telling you not to find out what happened, you would go finding out what happened.  Can you change to a different room?  Maybe?    

Well we are not the real owners of this house 

What I know about this house is that it was probably the house of the lover of our area's king 

That's what I have heard,  I don't know how true it is

And there is treasure in my house for sure,  there are many people who can sense the treasure and quite a few people have sensed treasure in my house,  even told exact location 

But I have no interest in treasure,  seriously I don't want it,  and I don't wanna pursue it either 

But our family is living in this house from years,  but these dreams only started few months ago,  I don't know why 

In the first (original) post, you said  "i get nightmare every single night, i scream every night because of nightmares".   Now, you said  "since i created this topic, i have had 2 nightmares lol".   So,  you can consider  that  sharing  and asking for help has been useful. You have made progress.

I remember reading somewhere that dreaming a skeleton indicates that one is progressing in the PATH/dhamma.  But, i am not a  dream-analysis expert, so only you will know the real relevance of this dream to your life.   But,  Have you considered the possibility that the treasure in your dreams  is actually  referring  to the  treasure of dhamma  that you have lately  incorporated seriously  into your life (through meditation) ?  Consider that alternative too.  In fact,  this  more valuable  than any material  treasure,  if you have serious faith in the PATH.  Of  relevance would be the question of  how long it has been since you have take up spirituality  (seriously)  into your life and started related practices (like meditation) ? 

Edited by seekingbuddha

In the first (original) post, you said  "i get nightmare every single night, i scream every night because of nightmares".   Now, you said  "since i created this topic, i have had 2 nightmares lol".   So,  you can consider  that  sharing  and asking for help has been useful. You have made progress.

I remember reading somewhere that dreaming a skeleton indicates that one is progressing in the PATH/dhamma.  But, i am not a  dream-analysis expert, so only you will know the real relevance of this dream to your life.   But,  Have you considered the possibility that the treasure in your dreams  is actually  referring  to the  treasure of dhamma  that you have lately  incorporated seriously  into your life (through meditation) ?  Consider that alternative too.  In fact,  this  more valuable  than any material  treasure,  if you have serious faith in the PATH.  Of  relevance would be the question of  how long it has been since you have take up spirituality  (seriously)  into your life and started related practices (like meditation) ? 

That would make sense if he isn't living in a possible haunted house....with a woman spirit dressed in red warning him not to dig up the "treasure" inside the house. :) 

• Like 1

That would make sense if he isn't living in a possible haunted house....with a woman spirit dressed in red warning him not to dig up the "treasure" inside the house. :) 

:-) breaking our mental conditioning is a great taboo breaker. We live in a self imposed mental prison in which we are prisoner, prison warder and prison. There are no obvious walls or boundaries yet we create the illusion that there are and then add further illusions to make it appear as if we are free.

Our subconscious conditioning throws up all kinds of warning flags to discourage us from breaking these carefully crafted illusions.

Your analysis of the OPs dream seems sound. I also think this is why there is a use of 'I' and 'you'. It's a subconscious way of holding the belief 'it is this way for everyone, that is normal'.

I remember when I believe the first breaking of this boundary happened to me. I was gripped with terror for what seemed like hours. It was if I was being murdered by some invisible foe and fighting for my life. I began to regret meddling with meditation at that point. The only way I managed to resolve it was simply to give in to the fear, to give up control and accept whatever fate was in store. Within minutes I began to relax and then things got really serene. It only happened once and I've never experienced anything like it either before, or after.

:-) breaking our mental conditioning is a great taboo breaker. We live in a self imposed mental prison in which we are prisoner, prison warder and prison. There are no obvious walls or boundaries yet we create the illusion that there are and then add further illusions to make it appear as if we are free. Our subconscious conditioning throws up all kinds of warning flags to discourage us from breaking these carefully crafted illusions. Your analysis of the OPs dream seems sound. I also think this is why there is a use of 'I' and 'you'. It's a subconscious way of holding the belief 'it is this way for everyone, that is normal'. I remember when I believe the first breaking of this boundary happened to me. I was gripped with terror for what seemed like hours. It was if I was being murdered by some invisible foe and fighting for my life. I began to regret meddling with meditation at that point. The only way I managed to resolve it was simply to give in to the fear, to give up control and accept whatever fate was in store. Within minutes I began to relax and then things got really serene. It only happened once and I've never experienced anything like it either before, or after.

It has nothing to do with mind game or some fancy conceptualizations.  This house is haunted, period.   :)  No amount of psychologicalization would work here, period.  His cultivation level isn't advanced enough to live in this house and in his room with an open heart.  If his heart is open and shinning with a bright luminous light, he wouldn't be dreaming about an angry woman in red.  Hehehehehe....  Instead, he would have encountered her with a sense of understanding and compassion.  He would have been told the story about this treasure.

Try to spend a day walking around in an old cemetery and getting close and personal with the tomb stones and mausoleums.  See if your mind and your heart can remain clam afterward.  See if you get strange dreams too..heheheh...:)         

For the OP, here is the deal.  This house used to be a residence of an old king's lover.  So, there are secrets that shouldn't be revealed due to the nature of the relationship.  Something embarrassing maybe.  The woman in red is probably the lover herself.  It could be a treasure but a treasure that may reveal some embarrassing element of the king's relationship with the lover.  More than likely an embarrassing moment for the lover more than for the king.  

If you are planning to live in this house and in this room, you better tell your family about this dream you have and why they should just drop their treasure hunting....   

It has nothing to do with mind game or some fancy conceptualizations.  This house is haunted, period.   :)  No amount of psychologicalization would work here, period.  His cultivation level isn't advanced enough to live in this house and in his room with an open heart.  If his heart is open and shinning with a bright luminous light, he wouldn't be dreaming about an angry woman in red.  Hehehehehe....  Instead, he would have encountered her with a sense of understanding and compassion.  He would have been told the story about this treasure.

Try to spend a day walking around in an old cemetery and getting close and personal with the tomb stones and mausoleums.  See if your mind and your heart can remain clam afterward.  See if you get strange dreams too..heheheh...:)         

I spent most of my childhood playing in the graveyard we lived right next door to. It was always a calm and peaceful place even at night.

I spent most of my childhood playing in the graveyard we lived right next door to. It was always a calm and peaceful place even at night.

But you were a child...not a thing to care about in the world with a small ego.  :) 

But you were a child...not a thing to care about in the world with a small ego.  :) 

I was happily trying out tents and climbing gear in the churchyard trees right up to my mid 20s. Dead bodies are just that. There are no spirits, ghosts or ghouls except those that infect the imagination-I've witnessed those visually too. I'm as happy in a graveyard now as I was then.

I was happily trying out tents and climbing gear in the churchyard trees right up to my mid 20s. Dead bodies are just that. There are no spirits, ghosts or ghouls except those that infect the imagination-I've witnessed those visually too. I'm as happy in a graveyard now as I was then.

Try it again.  This time, try a larger old city cemetery with graves dated back to 18th century or even 17th century.  Instead of minding your own business, try to read the names of the tomb stones and the date the deceased died.  Imagining their lives.  Some burials are grouped in a family with several generations.  Walking up to some of the old, old  mausoleums.  Feel the air surrounding them and to breathe in the moist, damp air.  If possible, to meditate next to them.  Do that for 5 hours or so.  Not long ago I used to hike around my local historic cemetery.  Is so big that you can not finish the hike in 1 day.  So, I went back again the next 4 days.  On my 4th day, I got nauseated and feeling dizzy in the middle of the day.  And I felt unusually cool as well...excessive yin energy...for the next 2 weeks.   A cemetery has certain smell.  I came up on a very sad grave site.  A grave site of a 10 month-old infant girl.  She was from South Africa and died in South Africa.  Apparently, she was buried in the US.  I google her name and apparently she died from some medical condition.  She died in her sleep. 

I had one interesting dream but fortunately I have no spirits attaching me.  There are reports that spirits getting attached to the individuals visiting the cemetery.  Just because you close your mind to the spirit world, it does not mean they don't exist.....your mind game would only carry you so far.  Certainly, it won't help you in your cultivation process, not at all.....

No, you don't get smarter or wiser because you aren't connected to the spirit world, but only to your mind and your ego.  They are normally very limiting....     

Edited by ChiForce
  • Like 1

Try it again.  This time, try a larger old city cemetery with graves dated back to 18th century or even 17th century.  Instead of minding your own business, try to read the names of the tomb stones and the date the deceased died.  Imaging their lives.  Some burials are grouped in a family with several generations.  Walking up to some of the old, old  mausoleums.  Feel the air surrounding them and to breathe in the moist, damp air.  If possible, to meditate next to them.  Do that for 5 hours or so.  Not long ago I used to hike around my local historic cemetery.  Is so big that you can not finish the hike in 1 day.  So, I went back again the next 4 days.  On my 4th day, I got nauseated and feeling dizzy in the middle of the day.  And I felt unusually cool as well...excessive yin energy...for the next 2 weeks.   A cemetery has certain smell.  I came up on a very sad grave site.  A grave site of a 10 month-old infant girl.  She was from South Africa and died in South Africa.  Apparently, she was buried in the US.  I google her name and apparently she died from some medical condition.  She died in her sleep. 

I had one interesting dream but fortunately I have no spirits attaching me.  There are reports that spirits getting attached to the individuals visiting the cemetery.  Just because you close your mind to the spirit world, it does not mean they don't exist.....your mind game would only carry you so far.  Certainly, it won't help you in your cultivation process, not at all.....

No, you don't get smarter or wiser because you aren't connected to the spirit world, but only to your mind and your ego.  They are normally very limiting....     

Well, if you go looking for spirits then you will most certainly find them that is very true.

Well, if you go looking for spirits then you will most certainly find them that is very true.

Looking for spirits?  Hardly....you want to get acquainted with the history of the people buried there.  That's no different than reading a history book or a family tree.  Instead, this is more hands-on.      

• Like 1

Looking for spirits?  Hardly....you want to get acquainted with the history of the people buried there.  That's no different than reading a history book or a family tree.  Instead, this is more hands-on.      

Why ?

Why ?

Why the cemetery and why dealing with death?  Meditation.  To understand death and the deceased.  Many choose to meditate in a cemetery.  Me?  I was doing cemetery photography.  Trying to capture stories about various grave sites.  To give voice to the deceased.  It was fun since the historic cemetery is soooo scenic...is so beautiful.  Is very quiet and unlike anywhere else in the city.   

What happens if you go visit a cemetery without a very purified good intention??  Good luck to you..... :)

Here is one of my favorite shots.  Husband and wife being buried together and the 2 redwood trees symbolized them..This was shot in 35mm film, black and white.

10201878116_7477f652c8_b.jpg

A bit history here....

10618387274_f95ecdaf92_b.jpg

Edited by ChiForce

Why the cemetery and why dealing with death?  Meditation.  To understand death and the deceased.  Many choose to meditate in a cemetery.  Me?  I was doing cemetery photography.  Trying to capture stories about various grave sites.  To give voice to the deceased.  It was fun since the historic cemetery is soooo scenic...is so beautiful.  Is very quiet and unlike anywhere else in the city.   

What happens if you go visit a cemetery without a very purified good intention??  Good luck to you..... :)

Here is one of my favorite shots.  Husband and wife being buried together and the 2 redwood trees symbolized them..This was shot in 35mm film, black and white.

10201878116_7477f652c8_b.jpg

A bit history here....

10618387274_f95ecdaf92_b.jpg

Its not something I want, or need understand, but I can feel your passion to bring the people to life. I can appreciate it. However if someone has become irrationally fearful of some aspect of their inner conceptualisation then there is suffering. You have rationalised your own conceptualisation. It has become a source of unbound creativity, just as a climber enjoys the rationalisation of his mental fear of falling and becomes a creative mover. There is equilibrium in the mind of the climber. However it is not necessary to be a climber in order to be relatively comfortable with heights.

I once saw a documentary on TV, where an old Arab traditional ghost remover, explained that the jinn (Arab ghost) are in the toilet room, and enter the man when he shit's, and posses him.

Its not something I want, or need understand, but I can feel your passion to bring the people to life. I can appreciate it. However if someone has become irrationally fearful of some aspect of their inner conceptualisation then there is suffering. You have rationalised your own conceptualisation. It has become a source of unbound creativity, just as a climber enjoys the rationalisation of his mental fear of falling and becomes a creative mover. There is equilibrium in the mind of the climber. However it is not necessary to be a climber in order to be relatively comfortable with heights.

I think you are the one who has to make up some mind game and rationalization to psychologicalize...hmm....death and fear.  They are part of us, and is our eventuality.  :)  I also practice the skeleton meditation.  To meditate on death is just natural.  Early Buddhist monks meditated on death because seeing and feeling death can purge one's ego...and to destroy it.    

• Like 2

I think you are the one who has to make up some mind game and rationalization to psychologicalize...hmm....death and fear.  They are part of us, and is our eventuality.  :)  I also practice the skeleton meditation.  To meditate on death is just natural.  Early Buddhist monks meditated on death because seeing and feeling death can purge one's ego...and to destroy it.    

What is there to rationalise ? Fear is real, death is real. You do not see either as they are, because you don't accept the self as it is.

Death is the end. There is nothing beyond it. Fear of death is natural and real there is no requirement to gild it. Both are perfect as they are.

There is no 'purging of ego'. It's a choice. Either be self or think yourself other than self. Reality does not alter, self does not alter. We are as we are. It's a conceptual nicety to talk about a false self, but none such exists.

What is there to rationalise ? Fear is real, death is real. You do not see either as they are, because you don't accept the self as it is. Death is the end. There is nothing beyond it. Fear of death is natural and real there is no requirement to gild it. Both are perfect as they are. There is no 'purging of ego'. It's a choice. Either be self or think yourself other than self. Reality does not alter, self does not alter. We are as we are. It's a conceptual nicety to talk about a false self, but none such exists.

There goes again, your mind game.  hehehehe.....  Neither fear or death is real.  :)  Fear is relative.  Death is only to your body, not your "mind."  :)  Even a murderous criminal who died would have its mind wondering in the hell realm because of his karma and his current life habitual energy.