nine tailed fox

fear of dark and ghosts

Neither fear or death is real 

Can you provide uncontroversial proof of the validity and truth of your argument ?

Can you provide uncontroversial proof of the validity and truth of your argument ?

Common sense???  Your fear is not my fear.  My fear, if I have any, is not yours.  :)  I experienced "death" in my samadhi but yet I am still alive.  Go read up on the Tibetan Book of the Dead and to learn about the death bardo experiences.  A samadhi is nothing more than a min cycle of death you can experience while you are still alive, while your body is still functioning.  You really need to do more reading, and stop playing this mind game.... :)    

Edited by ChiForce

Common sense??? Your fear is not my fear. My fear, if I have any, is not yours. :) I experienced "death" in my samadhi but yet I am still alive. Go read up on the Tibetan Book of the Dead and to learn about the death bardo experiences. A samadhi is nothing more than a min cycle of death you can experience while you are still alive, while your body is still functioning. You really need to do more reading, and stop playing this mind game.... :)

Mind games ?

I'm only interested in establishing the truth regardless of any preconceptions or beliefs I might currently hold. You must decide if you want to know the truth on that same basis. If you do not then we are wasting our time.

That your fear is not my fear does not disprove the existence of fear as an independent emotion. That we have subjective experiences is not in dispute, but we can still broadly agree on our experiences even if the subject of them, or intensity of them differs. If you point to a colour and say it's blue, then that's what you call that colour. Unless one of us has exceptional colourblindness or other malady I think we will broadly accept this reasoning.

You are using an equivocation of the word 'death' to back your argument. If you want to refer to death as an absence of consciousness then this is acceptable to me even if this is not the normally accepted definition.

I must then ask how you will define the absence of life in a corpse. There is not simply an abscence of consciousness in a corpse. A corpse is not unconscious-unless you wish to define unconscious in your own terms which suits me. As long as we have the rule that once something is defined by you that it remains as that specific definition.

Edited by Karl

Mind games ?

I'm only interested in establishing the truth regardless of any preconceptions or beliefs I might currently hold. You must decide if you want to know the truth on that same basis. If you do not then we are wasting our time.

That your fear is not my fear does not disprove the existence of fear as an independent emotion.

You are using an equivocation of the word 'death' to back your argument. If you want to refer to death as an absence of consciousness then this is acceptable to me even if this is not the normally accepted definition.

I must then ask how you will define the absence of life in a corpse. There is not simply an abscence of consciousness in a corpse. A corpse is not unconscious-unless you wish to define unconscious in your own terms which suits me. As long as we have the rule that once something is defined by you that it remains as that specific definition.

Sigh.....you don't read much and you don't understand much and you obviously don't not even meditate (let alone to experience any of the meditative states)...yet, you know the truth and I don't.  Hhehehhehe....:)  Hmm...yeah, I am done here unless the OP is still alive.......

• Like 1

Sigh.....you don't read much and you don't understand much and you obviously don't not even meditate (let alone to experience any of the meditative states)...yet, you know the truth and I don't.  Hhehehhehe....:)  Hmm...yeah, I am done here unless the OP is still alive.......

Read lots Gita, SRM, Osho, SNM, Tolle, Adyashanti, patanjali, meditated for over 7 years twice daily, Pranayama, Sanyama, mindfulness, self inquiry. Even wrote a book on meditation and philosophy.

That aside, the books, meditation and practices mean nothing, give me no special authority, or afford me any special knowledge and neither does your ad hominem attack .

I respect your wishes not to pursue any further discussion. If you wish to discuss it at a future time then I'm open to it.

• Like 2

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

That brought me right back to my third week on an NLP practitioners course.

Did you get the answer you wanted ? :-)