MooNiNite

Wang Liping Low Level?

Well I guess it depends on what we mean by "spiritual". In my thinking there are two aspects; mental spirituality and physical spirituality. Mental spirituality is tied into philosophy and psychological well-being. Physical spirituality has to do with the energetic development and growth of the spirit. What is the "spirit"? From a scientific standpoint I have no f*cking clue. All I know is that it is some sort of energetic aspect of the body that can be thickened and developed. If you have enough of this energy then you can project it into your external environment which gives rise to abilities like what Chang demonstrates.

Yeah. I think it's pretty simple. The whole slower-vibration to higher vibration kinda thing. Jing - Qi - Shen. Shen is more what people refer to as being of spiritual substance, but all three are linked, come from the same original source. If we are highly physically active, we rely on a lot of Jing, and if we have extra Qi and Shen those can densify into more Jing to support our needs.

It's pretty easy to see balance in the physical world. We can look at nature as kill or be killed, but that includes a bias that is afraid of death. One of the subtleties I've uncovered in taoist cosmology is that spirituality functions on the principle of non-attachment, non-identity, while physicality, the world of mass, functions on the principle of self-vs-other, inside-vs-outside. So in terms of these principles, we can logically come to understand how spiritual nature is not attached to fixed outcomes or preservation of self. Spirits people interact with are often described as not forcing their environment to do anything, but guiding, beckoning, inviting, without the ability (strength of mass/gravity) to force things to happen if they don't want to. Spirituality is inherently of a higher refinement, a higher vibration, and this higher vibration rides upon the lower vibrations, and is at the mercy of the foundation provided by these lower vibrations, i.e. the mass-based structure of the universe.

So it is easy to see the physical links of balance, the intricate web of life where one thing feeds on another and is fed on by another. Life is inherently a mix of spiritual and mass-based, and thus it operates in a balance between these principles. The self-vs-other dynamic is expressed in desire for personal growth, even at the expense of other life, and this allows life to evolve - when there are extreme changes, beings will expand to fill the gaps and intensify their effort to overcome obstacles. And thus we have evolution. Simultaneously, the interconnection of all things as one, the spiritual side of things, allows one life to feed another, and here death is not seen as an end, but a seamless transformation of form: the spiritual energy transforms based on the needs of a new physical form, and becomes one with that form, or with many new separate forms at many different levels.

While there may be much living and dying, there is a very delicate balance - if one thing pushes beyond one layer of balance, the other things that were operating within that layer of balance may become threatened.

The spiritual layer of balance operates on the same principles, where everything is linked and intricately influential upon everything else.

So when a large amount of spiritual energy is densified into qi that ignites into flame, this is an event on a larger scale. Others in these forms have mentioned the ability to start fires with their qi, and how they have no interest in wasting so much cultivated qi. Further, broadcasting such a feat to countless excited viewers creates a unique spiritual web of desire focused upon one individual and one particular operation of energy transformation - this spiritual web holds weight, and as the people within this web make attachments based on what they see and read, a collective intent is formed that begins to pull the collective momentum in some particular direction - but it's too large of a change and too rapid of a change for one person's qi to deal with easily, and so the effects of a large magnitude of change have their effect upon this person. Simple cause and effect.

Now I don't know the precise magnitudes involved here, or which directions the balance will shift, and what is required to remain stabilized at the focal point of such large fields of influence. Wang Liping seems to hold his own, as do others. But I'd imagine he understands how this all works, while some masters end up showing off and discovering just how real the subtle changes in their connection to the spiritual web can be - especially in terms of how many karmic ties there are to us, and how we feel them as we try to operate in the more subtle realms.

Cultivating spiritual substance relies heavily on one's higher vibration connections to the world. Thus virtuous conduct, maintaining equanimity within conflict, and cultivation of harmony everywhere one goes lead to stable spiritual development. it is easy to do drugs and have a temporary spiritual awakening - but to step into a consistent higher level state of spiritual awareness requires stability and the ability to adapt to one's environment without losing one's center. Then one begins to become aware of and see the web of spiritual connections and begin to understand the complexity of this layer of the web, and too of the ease at which we are able to influence this web, having consequences that are impossible to completely predict with fixed, logical mindsets.

Perhaps think of a big soapy block that we need to push around. We give a little push and it slides forward, gradually stopping. We try to push it one way, and hope it stops where we've marked an X, but it is just too easy to misjudge the push we make (like displaying some powers in front of a video camera) without even knowing how hard that push really is, and the block keeps on sliding, sliding, well past the point where we had intended it to stop.

So everything influences everything else. If we expect to understand this all logically, expect to always know the results of our actions, expect the world to step aside as we meditate in our cave, well we might be in for a surprise. By developing skill with using our intuition, slowly and gradually learning to trust the pull of our heart, we can hone this skill into just as keen a device as the logical mind, but now we have a device that is not blocking the flow of internal energy with its attachments, and are able to push just the right amount, simply by setting our intention upon the heart of things, and resting all else upon free-fall.

Just my perspective, just sharing for those who are interested. Dismantle all you want. We all have our own perspectives, but in the end they are all one. :wub:

• Like 2

A diamond doesn't "appear" if you remove the dust from a rock,

you need to get the right minerals in a significant amount and then condense them with a large amount of pressure over a large amount of time...

I would agree that the dust for some is more like tar and it takes some significant amount of work to get rid of the outer layers.

I would agree that the dust for some is more like tar and it takes some significant amount of work to get rid of the outer layers.

But we aren't born diamonds that simply need the dust cleared away. Your have to create the diamond through hard work and training.

• Like 2

What is a Buddha or a Taoist Immortal if not a superhuman of sorts?

Someone who realises who they already are

• Like 1

But we aren't born diamonds that simply need the dust cleared away. Your have to create the diamond through hard work and training.

That's not what pretty much the entire Buddhist cannon says, it says the opposite that all we need to do is clear the dust away from the diamond not create it.

• Like 1

I know this thread is supposed to be about Wang Liping but does anyone think it was an accident that the chopstick John Chang broke off had the splinter hit the center of the forehead of the only female in the group? A white female also. Just saying - that the center of the forehead is an important acupuncture point.

even having blood drawn may have been efficacious - just like the other fire starting qigong master also draws out toxins via blood.

Search Results
Moxibustion and Cupping are common treatments for to relieve all kinds of ... The amount of dark red or even purple blood drawn to the surface indicates the .

e.g. amassing & condensing.

Right on.

Someone who realises who they already are

Which would be an average human being with no energetic development.

That's not what pretty much the entire Buddhist cannon says, it says the opposite that all we need to do is clear the dust away from the diamond not create it.

I think Buddhists are referring more to the mind and mental spirituality rather than physical, energetic development.

• Like 1

https://books.google.com/books?id=jtCzNFOhd5UC&pg=SA16-PA17&lpg=SA16-PA17&dq=qigong+master+wang+liping+demonstration+of+abilities&source=bl&ots=2updeoC3k1&sig=AllLNNpCra4DdpY5EeG4GD_C1AQ&hl=en&sa=X&ei=d0RzVe6VOcGisAXMuIHYBQ&ved=0CEwQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=qigong%20master%20wang%20liping%20demonstration%20of%20abilities&f=false

This googlebook link has a great overview of the "official" recognition of both qigong and Wang Liping

So Wang Liping was part of the Haidan Qigong Research Institute -  leading the "Traditional Scholarship and Pedagogy Research  Unit."

Edited by Innersoundqigong

http://taijidandao.blogspot.com/

Luckily this is where the genius of Master Wang come in. He has invented (or discovered/rediscovered?) the group daigong method. Which is essentially a way to harness the power of the combined qi field of a group of people who do the practice together. Note that this is not he same as normal group meditation because you need someone who knows how to daigong, who can control and tune the qi field appropriately to do the job (But normal group practice is still definitely better than doing it on one's own).

As an example, say there are 20 students and an instructor who is capable of daigong-ing. Then the tuned qi field will be like 20 people helping you to cultivate at the same time. If this is multiplied by the "boost factor" of using a specially designed magnetic-patterned sitting mat and special technique such as Star Formation practice.

Then the final result may be that a day of practice under such condition (4-5 hours in the seminar) may be equaled to you practicing on you own for a month! (I don't remember how to approximate the benefits, but I remember Shen laoshi saying that doing a group practice with him for 10 days can be, if you work hard in the seminar, equal to doing it on your own at home for a year.)

In 2009 June, a young lady (early 20s and in good health) who was a complete beginner participated Shen laoshi's seminar for the first time, on the 6th day, she opened her Channel SHO! I know we talked about SHO a lot in this blog and you might think this is an easy achievement, well you are wrong! REAL channel SHO is a high level of achievement in inner alchemy, given how difficult it is to just complete the foundation, most people can't open their Channel SHO in their lifetime but she did it in less than a week!

Diamond is just carbon... with a luster.

Yes, time, temperature and pressure created the appearance of carbon... as a diamond.

Ever wondered why some people are born a psychic or with spiritual insight?

I sometimes wonder if that isn't the exception which ought to be the norm...

I still think of Baopuzi's comment that practice is not natural.

But then, our current state seems much less than 'perfect'...

• Like 1

Ever wondered why some people are born a psychic or with spiritual insight?

I don't really think they are. Some people might be born with the natural ability to quite their minds which is good for meditation, but I don't believe people are born with developed dan tiens.

Wow that first chapter of Wang Liping's rocks - it is definitely the real training and since he says to sit 6 hours full lotus to restore the yuan qi - that indicates it's also the real training.

What is a Buddha or a Taoist Immortal if not a superhuman of sorts?

A buddha has nothing to do with being superhuman, nor does a Daoist immortal. 

Then why do people here seem to think that Mo Pai is about setting paper on fire then?

That contradicts your claim.

I suspect people here don't think Mo Pai is about setting paper on fire. 

They are responding to folks who are infatuated with videos of people who seem to be setting paper on fire.  

There's a difference. 

But I can really only speak for myself.

• Like 2