Sahaj Nath

max and the SF kunlun workshop

notably a set of Hindu practices where you not only visualize color but scenes with sounds and smells alternating between the left and right hemispheres, one by one and then going simultaneously -- e.g., a black dog barks in your left brain while a white tiger roars in your right one, a plum tree blossoms in your left one but you're smelling red roses in your right one, and so on.

Hindu practices? Because a Hindu taught it? No offense, just asking out of curiosity!

I thought Hindu practices used only Camels and Elephants :D .... Poor Patanjali must be turning in his grave :lol:

Edited by SiliconValley

Hindu practices? Because a Hindu taught it? No offense, just asking out of curiosity!

I thought Hindu practices used only Camels and Elephants :D .... Poor Patanjali must be turning in his grave :lol:

A Hindu is an adherent of Hinduism. What did you think it was, a nationality? :blink:

A Hindu practice is a practice created within the scope of Hinduism. Similarly, a Hopi practice would be one created within the tradition of the Hopi, and a Sufi practice is a Sufi practice, not a "Sufist" practice, and a Bon practice is a Bon practice, not a "Bonist' practice. Darn borrowings from goddamn foreign languages... why couldn't they all just keep it simple and follow the "Buddhist" pattern?.. but no, they don't! And darn Hindus, why couldn't they be a nation, the way so many good hard-working law-abiding citizens from sea to shining sea believe they are?.. but no, they aren't!

A Hindu is an adherent of Hinduism. What did you think it was, a nationality? :blink:

A Hindu practice is a practice created within the scope of Hinduism. Similarly, a Hopi practice would be one created within the tradition of the Hopi, and a Sufi practice is a Sufi practice, not a "Sufist" practice, and a Bon practice is a Bon practice, not a "Bonist' practice. Darn borrowings from goddamn foreign languages... why couldn't they all just keep it simple and follow the "Buddhist" pattern?.. but no, they don't! And darn Hindus, why couldn't they be a nation, the way so many good hard-working law-abiding citizens from sea to shining sea believe they are?.. but no, they aren't!

Well Taomeow,

You talk, usually in lengthy posts, way beyond my sane understanding at times, and some seem to like it; good for them. I am sure my limited Grey matter prevents true appreciation of your writings. Nothing personal here really :) Well, not a great preamble, but let me go on a bit more, now that I have started.

I would have asked, or tried to explain"

- that there is no "Hinduism", or that there is no limited scope for the same

- that there is what is called Sanatana Dharma that is defined by the four Vedas and other systems that originated from this Vedic thought till their culmination in the Upanishads

- or the necessity of the varna and ashrama for someone to be called a "Hindu" and that I perfectly understand that it has nothing to do with a country

- And that the geography, though not restricted to a country, is still a decisive factor on who can be called a Hindu (vide Manu Smrti)

- and that the British who divided the Indian Sub-continent decided to capture this Vedic thought or way of life within a sectarian word called Indus or Hindu, a term which none knew till then

- or asked where exactly a practice such as the one involving bulls and roses or something similar is taught in "Hinduism"

But I am sure it would make no difference. The reason being that the people who confidently speak of the scope of Hinduism have no clue whatsoever about what they are talking. This is true even with scholars like Max Muller, so what to speak of others who assume they "know" Hinduism. The word Hindusim is used insanely and the Indologists have written at length on this topic; there really is nothing new for me to say in this regard. After all, the Veda says ekam sat vipraah bahudhaa vadanti - One truth is stated variously by those who know. Of course, "Truth" and "those who know" only "state" is the key :) Hey, sorry, just remembered you hate foreign languages! Hope that doesn't extend to foreigners as well :(

At this point, I would really like to sit back for a moment and ponder over what Mat Black or the Upanishads (which are really the official torch bearers of "Hinduism") would think about the word "foreign" and my current inability to progress in that direction is what permits to continue with this post!

Everyone is learning and it is perfectly fine to err or make an incorrect statement or a statement reflective of partial truth, as long as one admits he is learning. But, When someone tries to push personal ideas or pass confident judgments based on rather poor understanding of a subject, all one can say is - "whatever" and move along! Which is exactly what I plan to do now :-)

By the way your posts seem to have gotten shorter? Kunlun effect? Oh and your search for "simplicity" in everything (ok, I am assuming stuff here) is good! Hope the same is reflected in your posts as well. Just kidding...hope the sense of humor is still sticking around ...bye and take care B)

Edited by SiliconValley

You lost me more than once. I described a practice I did and mentioned its source. I didn't take an oath of upholding the cause of the Upanishads or suchlike. I just meditated. I described the meditation, not the British colonial transgressions.

Thanks for demonstrating that anyone can have a problem with anything anyone else says on any subject in any shape or form if they so desire. :lol:

Could hybrid (kunlun1 + RP ) completely substitute kunlun1 ?

For example can I do instead

kunlun1 -- hybrid-- kunlun2--closing

just

hybrid--kunlun2--closing??

You reckon RP is more dangerous to experiment with than a mukhomor? :o

Of course, m'dear. With the mushroom, I know what and how. Still, I wouldn't do it now. Back then, I was too young to care.

Smile?

Would you please elaborate on why you felt that you were part of an experiment?

Who was irresponsible? Max for teaching it, or you for not telling others you had quit practicing after a few months, and even so continued to speak highly of Max and the practices encouraging others at times to stick with it?

Did you only practice Kunlun and not RP?

Is this something that you are feeling now only in retrospect?

I remember reading that you went to a handful of seminars and devoted lots of dirt time toward these arts...I'd really appreciate any feedback you are willing to share.

Thank you.

Hi mqd,

I believe I'm pretty open with everyone about my practices. RP had me go through lots of side effects while it was ok for others. Later I found out, Max added the closing part of PR in the follow up workshops. I didn't learn it in mine. It is an ongoing experiment with Max constantly adding things or removing things. It's not a bad thing. It's just the way it is.

I don't practice Max's version but I do practice the one I learned in Russia which is a little different. I already mentioned it a few times on this forum. As you won't get it from my teacher (I don't even know where he is or if he is alive) and I don't teach it, the only other options are Max and his "sister".

Hi KoHsuan

Do you think anyone will answer us :) (private joke)

I start off with the hybrid and drop into K1 once I feel I've had enough RP (usually 20min) so I like the sound of hybrid-K1-K2-closing.

How do you like RP? and how is k2 going?

Smile - just out of curiosity - what were your side effects?

Did you ever try the excersise from Asc Alchemy ('golden triangle' I think it's called)?... I find this exercise kicks in when I'm doing RP and K1...

The side effect was a headache that lasted for a week.

I got Asc Alchemy meditations but didn't practice them, not even once. No drive.

I used over $3,000 of their stuff though. At the time when gold was $283/oz :)

Smile showed me the version he learned in Russia. It's similar to Kunlun but a little different. Nothing to do with Red Phoenix.

I don't think Smile feels comfortable sharing it. I wouldn't explain it without his permission.

imo you shouldn't worry about it. The way Max teaches works.

This is a sign that the practitioner is trying too hard. It's more about "allowing" than "moving" the energy.

I have a problem with it...only rarely have a great session.

I don't think Smile feels comfortable sharing it. I wouldn't explain it without his permission.

imo you shouldn't worry about it. The way Max teaches works.

I wouldnt ask you to share without Smile's permission, natch. :o

I'm not worried about it, just interested.

Still, curiosity killed the cat, so maybe I should zip it.

;)

This is a sign that the practitioner is trying too hard. It's more about "allowing" than "moving" the energy.

Seems like trying too hard might be my issue as well. Although I pretty much stop RP as soon as I feel things starting to move. I get a "headache" but it's not like a painful migraine or even a "reach for a panadol" sort of headache (I actually never get headaches that need pain killers)Its more of a pressure sensation, just behind the 3rd eye, which is best described as a headache I guess.

Interestingly I sometimes get exactly the same sensation around 3~4 pm now that I'm playing with the eat once a day warrior diet. The similarity of the feeling is what got me trying PR again.

I am probably confusing things with my use of the term "visualization" too. I'm a Kinesthetic person and I go by the feeling of the action. EG to run a microcosmic orbit I might "visualize energy coming up my spine" but when I do it I "feel" the movement of that energy not a "picture" of energy moving. I can do pure visualization eg LBPR overlaying the visual of pentagrams in the air i.e. a hallucination but its very tricky for me, took LOTS of practice.

google "naga", "nagas", "kunlun nagas" look at the pictures, read the articles.

So, with a lot of respect, has anyone worked with these nagas somehow?

Me, i'm totally curious about shamanism and beings of any kind .... it's just interesting.

And also: Should this be made into another thread? And if so, how do i do that?

So, with a lot of respect, has anyone worked with these nagas somehow?

Me, i'm totally curious about shamanism and beings of any kind .... it's just interesting.

And also: Should this be made into another thread? And if so, how do i do that?

Yes they certainly have, and they are very curious ;)

I'm on the DVD already.

"9 days with Serpentor".

SerpentorMotivationalPoster.jpg

In all honesty, I've never communicated with or seen any reptilian Nagas.

For the people who do Taoist cultivation exclusively or deeply - Do you think these are the same as "Earthly Taos"?

I've had encounters with different types of beings and different . . . Things but never anything that looked like the guy that Destro concocted from the dna of the worlds greatest tyrants . . .

Do folks that deal with that sort of thing assume them to be benevolent, or malevolent? Can they cultivate beyond their current level?

I always heard about something similar to this, but the idea was that they wanted to take over peoples bodies because they can't cultivate themselves and need a human body to do it.

I'm on the DVD already.

I always heard about something similar to this, but the idea was that they wanted to take over peoples bodies because they can't cultivate themselves and need a human body to do it.

Where have you always heard this, wdq? Can you point me to some information? please thankyou.

Smile... .. could you mention name of your teacher?

Hi mqd,

I believe I'm pretty open with everyone about my practices. RP had me go through lots of side effects while it was ok for others. Later I found out, Max added the closing part of PR in the follow up workshops. I didn't learn it in mine. It is an ongoing experiment with Max constantly adding things or removing things. It's not a bad thing. It's just the way it is.

I don't practice Max's version but I do practice the one I learned in Russia which is a little different. I already mentioned it a few times on this forum. As you won't get it from my teacher (I don't even know where he is or if he is alive) and I don't teach it, the only other options are Max and his "sister".