flowconduit

Cooking meat & Jing

Worrying & stressing about loosing Jing- depletes Jing.

Beware of replacing one extreme with another.  Less worry and find a healthy middle way before gradually adding in some healthy habits.  Actually sounds like you've already this, so never mind.  Still adding things slowly one by one makes some sense in that you'll know which ones work best for you. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

I would urge you to caution about that plan.

Better to review your vegetarian approach during that past year and find out what has caused this reasoning.

Repeated meat/egg consumption will clog the central channel and produce blockages in your small circulation - and your liver, kidneys, etc. This is one of several things that has made it very hard for americans and europeans to gain progress in qigong in the past (and present) - hardness, rigidity, excess protein, fat deposits, mucus, etc.

Central channel flow, liver, and kidneys are important to generating qi flow in the whole body, and burdening them with big amounts of animal fats and making your system break down animals for qi can become actually more of an obstacle than a deficient vegetarian approach can be.

It would be worth the time spent doing more research into this before attempting meat/egg routine you describe.

-VonKrankenhaus

???

I've never met a vegetarian Chinese qigong or martial arts master. They eat everything, and enjoy it.

• Like 2

To restore and preserve jing, stand up, don't move.

That's basically Waysun Liao's condensing breathing, without the visualizations. His book states that the exercise will eventually make you generate fa jin

Worrying & stressing about loosing Jing- depletes Jing.

True! Once I figure out a solid protocol to minimize&counter the loss I don't even have to think about it anymore at all

I don't really worry about the stuff I did, I just just look back to it and laugh at myself, like what the hell was I doing

Edited by flowconduit

That's basically Waysun Liao's condensing breathing, without the visualizations. His book states that the exercise will eventually make you generate fa jin

I would say it's basically Zhan Zhuang :-)

i'm quite big on the yin tonics/superfoods. you could look into a herb 'dendrobium stem'. it's a flower and dragon herbs have a couple of products where it's the lead ingredient- 'healer's tea' and my go-to 'yin replenisher' tincture. that and a load of watermelon hooks you up real fast for yin jing. goji/schisandra are other ones and the obvious he shou wu/rehmannia seem to be good ones to take all the time, same for ginseng.

oh yeah and ant! ants have crazy amount of zinc/jing. here's some watermelon juice, you need to eat/use the rind which is where a lot of the magic (amino acid - citrulline) is. it gives it this orangey glow!  :ph34r:

mLYF8eN.jpg

Edited by wilfred
  • Like 1

Is that enough to trigger the alchemical process? that's 1 hour 30 minutes standing meditation, I could do a little more but I don't want to do too much or I get sharp pain in the right knee

Just a small point, but you may want to get your standing form / technique looked at. You should never get a sharp pain in your knee from standing meditation. Likely your alignment is off and you are bearing unnecessary weight on the joint.

Could be important if you are looking to increase your practice time - you don't want to cause a deeper injury. 

• Like 2

Just a small point, but you may want to get your standing form / technique looked at. You should never get a sharp pain in your knee from standing meditation. Likely your alignment is off and you are bearing unnecessary weight on the joint.

Could be important if you are looking to increase your practice time - you don't want to cause a deeper injury. 

I think it's because of my flat feet, I have to really focus on my feet or else the knees tilt a little in

Are the qigong masters you have seen really healthy and free from the way they are eating and living?

Well, the two really "big names" who I've met are Lam Kam Chuen and Yang Jwing-Ming, both pushing seventy and both with bodies that seem fourty years younger. Neither of them are vegetarians. I'll be eating a big t-bone steak with Sifu Lam in a few weeks, in fact.

The "Godfather" of the German Qigong Society Prof. Cong Yong-Chun, is much older and although I've not had the pleasure of meeting him directly I know from many sources that he radiates youth and vitality in the way only this kind of person can.

I've attended workshops with other Chinese masters and none of them have ever been vegetarians.

** NOTE: I (VonKrankenhaus) did not make this post, and another I did make has disappeared. I was able to edit this one despite not making it. Does anyone know what happened here?**

Edited by vonkrankenhaus
  • Like 1

I think it's because of my flat feet, I have to really focus on my feet or else the knees tilt a little in

When you stand, try to feel the weight very specifically along the outer edges of the feet. And do not "bend the knees slightly" the way it's stated in so many books (by authors who really should know better). Just "unlock" your knees, that's all.

To do this, first lock them intentionally, then slowly release the tension. That's it, basically. They'll give a little bit under your weight, and that light, effortless feeling is what you want to maintain throughout your practice. When the knees feel strained, do the little lock/unlock move again.

Re:

-----

"Well, the two really "big names" who I've met are Lam Kam Chuen and Yang Jwing-Ming, both pushing seventy and both with bodies that seem fourty years younger."

-----

OK. If Yang Jwing Ming looks 30-ish to you, you must be in a developed country looking at their citizens.

If this difference between someone who has been doing exercises for decades and a couch potato on the street looks like something significant, then what I am writing in this thread has little meaning.

Yes - most qigong and gongfu masters are not vegetarians. My questions were - are they aging, getting sick, and how are they dying.

I think that to understand my perspective, people might need familiarity with visual diagnosis. That, and maybe a few more years looking at these guys.

-VonKrankenhaus

It all does not matter if you keep your focus consistantly on the spot where it originates from. The center in all thing, including this body. Naturally all of these question are getting resolved through ones own transformation.

That is why when one is self-realized, one can eat what one wants, regardless of what it is. One could prior to that also, but one is no longer caught in the human bias of shoulds and wants.

One will then understand how meat will shape ones own mind (because all mind, all matter we intake forms our mind) and one can then clearly see if that is something one wants to do or not.

Our center is pure bliss. That means all your taste buds are created from that place and that feeling of "Mmmh delicous meat, I need to have, because otherwise I feel incomplete" is just a fragment of the entirety of said bliss. Meaning: You will no longer want meat or anything else.

So to speed up the process I would rather ask myself "What center is this and how do I perceive it?" - rather than wondering what to put in ones mouth.............................

My suggestion: Eat hamburgers until you explode but keep your focus on finding this center in meditation.

What will naturally happen is that you eat meat and what not and because your main-focus is on finding yourself in meditation, you will feel disturbed by the sluggishness certain food has as a byproduct. So you will naturally fine-tune your lifestyle. This is direct experience with life. Nobody transforms without the highest goal in mind. All else results in a back-and-forth process.

Edited by 4bsolute

On the standing gongs, it is important to open the Kua, and imagine a string attached to top of head and to the ceiling directly above you.

• Like 1

On the standing gongs, it is important to open the Kua, and imagine a string attached to top of head and to the ceiling directly above you.

yep, that''s what shifting the weight to the outside of the foot does, along with strengthening the feet/preventing flat feet.

• Like 1

** NOTE: I (VonKrankenhaus) did not make this post, and another I did make has disappeared. I was able to edit this one despite not making it. Does anyone know what happened here?**

Sometimes when cutting, pasting or quoting, things disappear or come out unexpectedly.  Sometimes shortcut cntrl's work, sometime they don't.   I don't think its anything nefarious.

Very sorry. I'm not sure what happened there but it was probably a technical snafu on my part. I'll see if I can rectify it somehow.

For the record, that post was written by me.

"I would say it's basically Zhan Zhuang :-)"

I agree that this will probably be the most beneficial for the problem indicated by flowconduit.

Just the most basic and simple zhan zhuang practice, done daily. Relax as much as possible.

Herbs may help as well, but daily zhan zhuang practice should really help.

There is no need to bend the knees too much. Just a little so the knees are not locked in.

Zhan zhuang acts by itself. There is no need for any special concentration, and just breath naturally.

Relax, relax, relax in the form. When you think you are relaxed, relax more...

That is zhan zhuang.

IMO, there is no need at all for complicated analysis or complicated solutions.

There is no need for any special diet, although certain foods and herbs can help to build the body's resources. Eat and drink enough to meet your needs, and eat healthy food.

:)

• Like 1

Re:

-----

"Very sorry. I'm not sure what happened there but it was probably a technical snafu on my part. I'll see if I can rectify it somehow."

-----

Thanks, and I never thought it was malicious. If my post could be replaced, that would be good, but if not, OK.

It's the 2nd time this has happened, where a post of mine was deleted accidentally, and that is okay too.

I am enjoying this thread because it has much to do with my own research and training over several decades. I find the way my postings to be recieved also to be very interesting.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

"I would say it's basically Zhan Zhuang :-)"

I agree that this will probably be the most beneficial for the problem indicated by flowconduit.

Just the most basic and simple zhan zhuang practice, done daily. Relax as much as possible.

Herbs may help as well, but daily zhan zhuang practice should really help.

There is no need to bend the knees too much. Just a little so the knees are not locked in.

Zhan zhuang acts by itself. There is no need for any special concentration, and just breath naturally.

Relax, relax, relax in the form. When you think you are relaxed, relax more...

That is zhan zhuang.

IMO, there is no need at all for complicated analysis or complicated solutions.

There is no need for any special diet, although certain foods and herbs can help to build the body's resources. Eat and drink enough to meet your needs, and eat healthy food.

:)

We're on the same wavelength :-)

Alrighty I slept too late and of course lost the jing and now I have to start all over again

Today's very special menu will be

BREAKFAST

- 50 grams of bee pollen

- 50-100 grams of goji berries

- 1 liter of coconut juice

LUNCH

- 6 organic eggs and 20 grams organic ghee with spinach & chili

SNACK #1

- a bar of dark chocolate

DINNER

- 1 pound of ox tail

- half pound of organic beef

SNACK #2

- 30 grams of spirulina, 15 grams of moringa leaf, 15 grams of chlorella

-  1 liter of tart cherry juice

By tomorrow I should be able to tell if this regenerates the fluid faster than my usual rice & sprouts + fruit diet, I'm slightly concerned how my digestion reacts to animal protein after 4-6 months break 

EDIT: I chose to cook the meat by boiling if for 3 hours, I hope this is the proper way to cook it while preserving the meat's jing

Edited by flowconduit

Re:

-----

"There is no need for any special diet, although certain foods and herbs can help to build the body's resources. Eat and drink enough to meet your needs, and eat healthy food."

-----

One thing to discover is that just about everyone is now on a very "special diet", which has never been followed by human beings before the modern era.

Not one person was eating like people do today when most of the classic cultivation & meditation techniques were developed.

Food is what mothers are making babies out of as they gestate, which is making how the baby will live and think as a human after it is born. And this human life is the gestation period of our spiritual existence.

People who advise "eat anything" are following advice that is not applicable to present time. This is only good advice when in the same situation as the one who first said it, and this advice comes from way before industrialized agriculture, commercial food manufacturing, and supermarkets.

Modern results of living this way and training old way are not the same as old results.

Modern nutritional science is interesting, but very incomplete, and thus of limited use in understanding qi cultivation - partly because it doesn't account for qi to even exist.

-VonKrankenhaus

Alrighty I slept too late and of course lost the jing and now I have to start all over again

Today's very special menu will be

BREAKFAST

- 50 grams of bee pollen

- 50-100 grams of goji berries

- 1 liter of coconut juice

LUNCH

- 6 organic eggs and 20 grams organic ghee with spinach & chili

SNACK #1

- a bar of dark chocolate

DINNER

- 1 pound of ox tail

- half pound of organic beef

SNACK #2

- 30 grams of spirulina, 15 grams of moringa leaf, 15 grams of chlorella

-  1 liter of tart cherry juice

By tomorrow I should be able to tell if this regenerates the fluid faster than my usual rice & sprouts + fruit diet, I'm slightly concerned how my digestion reacts to animal protein after 4-6 months break 

EDIT: I chose to cook the meat by boiling if for 3 hours, I hope this is the proper way to cook it while preserving the meat's jing

I think you exagerate.

A cup of tea with 20-30 berries in the morning is enough. For a week or two and then you take a break.

A small cup of coconut milk and/or oil in rice is just enough.

If you want a meat recipe, I like very much chicken livers and hearts stir fried with goji berries. Of course you can add all sorts of vegetables as in any stir fry Chinese fashion. But you don't need to eat that everyday, just once in a while.

A week ago I ate adelicious malayesian dessert with mung beans boiled in water with some coconut milk, tapioca pearls and cane sugar. it was awesome.

Ox tail usually is made as a long boiled soup or stew with plenty of chinese vegetables. The long boil can be made between 1 to 4 hours at low fire or in a stew cooker.

• Like 1

I think you exagerate. A cup of tea with 20-30 berries in the morning is enough. For a week or two and then you take a break. A small cup of coconut milk and/or oil in rice is just enough. If you want a meat recipe, I like very much chicken livers and hearts stir fried with goji berries. Of course you can add all sorts of vegetables as in any stir fry Chinese fashion. But you don't need to eat that everyday, just once in a while. A week ago I ate adelicious malayesian dessert with mung beans boiled in water with some coconut milk, tapioca pearls and cane sugar. it was awesome. Ox tail usually is made as a long boiled soup or stew with plenty of chinese vegetables. The long boil can be made between 1 to 4 hours at low fire or in a stew cooker.

That's only for one day, I don't think it's exagarated at all if you think how much food you need to generate semen & jing

By coconut juice I mean't the coconut water, nobody drinks a litre of coconut milk rofl. Coconut water is supposed to hydrate you 3-4 times more efficiently than normal water. Organ meats are just too much for me.... Yup I boiled the ox tail for about 3-4 hours and I just ate it, it was very nice and only 8.70 euros per kilo

regenerates the fluid faster

You want to be careful about your proper intention.

The goal is not to create fluid at all but rather to create qi energy.

So yeah obviously in the morning your jing energy is strongest - from 5 am to 7 am.

So what I do is I start the day - first thing I do when I wake up - is if I had any kind of pulsations, etc. then I stand in horse stance with the thighs parallel to the ground.

You gotta induce the Quick Fire breathing - because when the qi leaves the lower tan tien it turns into fluid and that is not what you want.

So what happens is during sleep your spirit descends into the lower body and so any subconscious information during the day then pulls down or deconverts the qi into the lower frequency of fluid energy.

So ideally before you sleep you have purified the energy.

What I do is before I sleep - I always do the "moving of yin and yang" standing with knees bent as much as possible. This always will clear out the colon real fast.

So then I would do full lotus meditation.

I used to rely on full lotus meditation but I didn't know the secret of how Quick Fire breathing is what has the power to convert the fluid back into qi energy.

So again ideally you just build up qi energy which actually means you then have retraction of the reproductive organ.

It's when people around me have lower frequency - usually younger females hitting on me - then it quickly pulls my energy down - or there are certain techniques used.

but anyway so then the qi would be quickly converted into fluid and the reproduction organ quickly responds.

That's why I started sitting in full lotus in public because I used to have females staring at my reproductive organ since they were attracted to my yin qi energy - and as soon as they looked at my reproductive organ the thing would spring up at attention. haha.

So - I mean - again actually there is supposed to be retraction. So then I now do "horse stance" at work if necessary.

Since I'm at home I can do bench press - as just taking about this stuff goes against the practice.

But obviously it depends how much exercise you're doing also - heavy lifting, etc. will all burn off your jing energy.

So there's yin jing from food but then yang jing as "yin qi" energy - you want to be building up your yin qi energy.

Another thing is that it's possible to convert other people's yin jing energy into yang jing and then send it back to them.

but that tantra is wrong since it uses up the "yuan qi" energy and also - takes in yin jing blockages since it's their lust energy.

But what is funny about that is - for example if your jing energy is strong then your voice gets deep.

This happens even for females. But I'd had where I sucked in female jing energy and then their voice got super high pitched - and my voice got super deep. I mean if you want a really deep voice then you just suck in direct jing energy - not food - but direct female jing energy. haha. Of course I was also sending out my yin qi energy so they liked that also.

But anyway someone mentioned before on here - how you could have the yin qi energy but not have the yin jing energy. But the crucial point is to keep building up the energy you need to keep building up the foundation.

It sounds like to me - you are not ionizing your yin jing energy into yin qi energy before you go to sleep - in other words purification, or lack there of.

If you keep losing the alchemical pill - it can be from various factors that you will have to figure out. You mentioned too rich of food at night. Otherwise it is usually from low frequency mind energy - from the wrong intentions.

That's why a good "Moving of Yin and Yang" with knees bent real well - that empties out the mind also as a good exorcism since with any good physical exercise you empty out the conceptual thoughts - so you want to make sure to get that Quick Fire breathing going - deep fast hard breathing. With the weight on the feet and the gravity differential between top of head and feet and knees bent - this all ionizes the energy and the moving of hands especially.

Yeah I'll go bench press to purify my energy now.