JinlianPai

Golden Immortal

I have accomplished turning the light around. Question everything and know for oneself. I have told you what the golden flower is posted above. so again Gold stands for light the light of the mind itself. Flower represents the blossoming or opening up of the light of mind. Awakening of the real self and hidden potential.

It is like the light of the sky vaster than images, thoughts and feelings an unimpeded space containing everything without being filled, this can be developed, renewed and deepened without limit.

Non doing is spontaneous it takes no effort at all to accomplish this method. it it involves no thought or imagery. It is remote only in the sense that it is a use of attention generally unfamiliar to the mind habituated to imagination and thinking.

good luck with your non effort in achieving this practice that in itself is endless.

Thank you for sharing.

• Like 1

Jeff, that may be true at certain stages of one's cultivation. But at the levels that the author of the SotGF refers to, the golden light is real. And only gets GOLD-er. (So I hear.)

Hi rainbowvien,

I completely agree that such golden light is very real and can be percieved by others. But that "visible" light is an astral level perception. Sort of a "local mind" level translation of the energy radiation of the being. Like with different traditions having different numbers of chakras or dan tiens they "see" (3, 5, 6, 7, 12, etc...), each "lineage" has sort of it's own learned mental mapping of lights and colors.

Finally, I would also agree that a true master radiates like a "sun", but ultimately a truly great sun collapses into itself and becomes a "black hole". Such a black hole "pulls" on the obstructions/issues/fears of others, helping create new Suns. One notices a black hole not by any visible light, but by the gravitational effect of the Suns (and planets) around it.

Best wishes,

Jeff

Edited by Jeff
  • Like 2

Often what is seen or felt is not what is real, but the edge of what is real as it interacts with other things

So focus on the feeling is looking forward to how what is real is manifesting in creation. This is more using what is real than returning to what is real.

When we focus on emptiness and unity and allow change, we may experience all manner of expressions and feelings as the energies transform towards the direction of a more complete emptiness and unity.

Jeff, that may be true at certain stages of one's cultivation. But at the levels that the author of the SotGF refers to, the golden light is real. And only gets GOLD-er. (So I hear.)

Hi rainbowvien, I completely agree that such golden light is very real and can be percieved by others. But that "visible" light is an astral level perception. Sort of a "local mind" level translation of the energy radiation of the being. Like with different traditions having different numbers of chakras or dan tiens they "see" (3, 5, 6, 7, 12, etc...), each "lineage" has sort of it's own learned mental mapping of lights and colors. Finally, I would also agree that true master radiates like a "sun", but a ultimately a truly great sun collapses into itself and becomes a "black hole". Such a black hole "pulls" on the obstructions/issues/fears of others, helping create new Suns. One notices a black hole not by any visible light, but by the gravitational effect of the Suns (and planets) around it. Best wishes, Jeff

Well I think the golden light is a real thing. Plus Lama Dorje said that if ypu attain the golden dragon body that you should be able to emit light.

Now golden flower translates to golden light.

But heres the thing toaist and taoist practices has vast connections to nature.

I bet that the golden elixir is alchemical gold made inside the human body that is connected to gold in real life.

There are stories of hindu mystics that use to get gold and try to energetically pull the energy out of the gold and put it in their body.

Gold is in the core of every planet.

An plus theres this.

http://www.cttbusa.o...rthstore1_2.htm

Lu Xuan Chang immediately knelt down and said, “Vinaya Master, it's not that I did not make offerings yesterday but when I did, I could not enter your hut. More than a dozen miles radius around this hut shone with a golden light that was so bright I could not open my eyes. I could not see the roads in front of me. I asked the local earth Bodhisattva how come the golden lights were so bright up ahead that I could not proceed. The local earth Bodhisattva said, ‘Someone in the hut is a Bodhisattva in the flesh, a living Bodhisattva.’

Ok Now follow me on this.

Now if the golden elixir has an actual connection to gold then a few things make sense.

Since gold is at the center of the planet and all gold on this planet came from the sun....

So this could suggest that this attainment would require a deep earth chi but yet still be very yang.

Which brings me back to this

Chinese_Astrological_Circle.jpg

http://www.integralworld.net/powers1.html

In Buddhism this is called the Reality Body or Dharmakaya Truth Body. The theory of embryonic enlightenment is the goal of both Buddhist and Taoist meditation practices. By refining and reversing the body's energy back to its starting point, recreating conception within the body, enlightenment or the return to void is achieved.

This concept of a self-generated, golden, unified being dissolving into emptiness at the time of enlightenment underlies Flower Garland or Hua Yen Buddhism and esoteric or tantric Buddhism. In Tibet this is called “seeing the primordial face of golden non-duality.”

Earth is referred to as center and in some cultures center is also know as void.

Lu Dong Bin was not an astral-level Immortal. He wasn't commenting from that perspective.

It would be wonderful if most masters radiated like the sun. :) In Ancestor Lu's case, he radiates like the Golden Light he proved to himself. Much, much finer than the rays of the sun.

I was not trying to make any judgement about Lu Dong Bin.  Just explaining details around the process of translating perceived "energy flows" into colors. A good example is how various traditions translate the color "black". Many translate it as bad or a negative indicator, but given other traditions it is known as "clear light" or the highest form (beyond even golden).

Also, if one is proving to himself, he is still a "local self" and has not yet realized something like... "When your Heavenly Heart merges with that of the Universe, you become a Buddha. "

• Like 1

...A good example is how various traditions translate the color "black". Many translate it as bad or a negative indicator, but given other traditions it is known as "clear light" or the highest form (beyond even golden).

Just wondering what your source is where a link between "black" and "clear light" is made? i've not seen that before .

In Buddhism this is called the Reality Body or Dharmakaya Truth Body. The theory of embryonic enlightenment is the goal of both Buddhist and Taoist meditation practices. 
By refining and reversing the body's energy back to its starting point, recreating conception within the body, enlightenment or the
 return to void 
is achieved.

This concept of a self-generated, golden, unified being dissolving into emptiness at the time of enlightenment underlies Flower Garland or Hua Yen Buddhism and esoteric or tantric Buddhism. In Tibet this is called “seeing the primordial face of 
golden non-duality
.”

Hi JillianPai,

What you are describing above, is not the concept of becoming a "buddha" in either sutra or tantric buddhism.  Also, if one looks at the Heart sutra, you will see that your concept of "returning to void" is only a part of the buddhist framework.  The Heart Sutra says...

That the realization of emptiness is that both Form = Void and Void = Form and that the two are exactly the same thing.  

Your "return to void" is only the first half of the equation, or Form collapses down to void/nothingness.  Such a realization is only a starting point in buddhism (or any primordial path).

Best,

Jeff

Well if the golden elixir has anything to do with actual gold then you would have a connection not only to the earth and sun but every star in the universe.

Just wondering what your source is where a link between "black" and "clear light" is made? i've not seen that before .

It is most common in various Sufi traditions.

Hi JillianPai,

What you are describing above, is not the concept of becoming a "buddha" in either sutra or tantric buddhism.  Also, if one looks at the Heart sutra, you will see that your concept of "returning to void" is only a part of the buddhist framework.  The Heart Sutra says...

That the realization of emptiness is that both Form = Void and Void = Form and that the two are exactly the same thing.  

Your "return to void" is only the first half of the equation, or Form collapses down to void/nothingness.  Such a realization is only a starting point in buddhism (or any primordial path).

Best,

Jeff

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_Dragon

The yellow dragon does not appear in Japanese mythology: the fifth element in the Japanese elemental system is Void,

Well if the golden elixir has anything to do with actual gold then you would have a connection not only to the earth and sun but every star in the universe.

With true "golden elixir" you are "not only to the earth and sun but every star in the universe." :)

I believe you and I are speaking about different topics.

The Immortal path is all about merging, converging, condensing, refining. In a heavenly / Tao direction. :)

Ok.  Happy to discuss the specifics of the differences if you are ever interested. Any level of detail you would like.

Best wishes,

Jeff

With true "golden elixir" you are "not only to the earth and sun but every star in the universe." :)

Jeff do you know what makes a god.

A god is the representation of a force in nature.

Like the god of love and so forth.

It makes complete sense to me that the early alchemist used the element of gold to transmute the physical and spiritual bodies.

As gold is the most precious metal on this planet and a great conductor of electricity.

An plus I just remembered this I cant beleive I forgot this and I hate to do this but.

In the magus of java even john says that your true aura must be yellow or golden.

So theres something there.

Jeff do you know what makes a god.

A god is the representation of a force in nature.

Like the god of love and so forth.

It makes complete sense to me that the early alchemist used the element of gold to transmute the physical and spiritual bodies.

As gold is the most precious metal on this planet and a great conductor of electricity.

An plus I just remembered this I cant beleive I forgot this and I hate to do this but.

In the magus of java even john says that your true aura must be yellow or golden.

So theres something there.

JinlianPai,

As I stated above, there is definitely something to the radiating of a "golden light".  My original point was about the level (or layer) of "seeing" such a light, not the radiating it self. Such "pure light/energy radiance" is beyond the local body mind, hence the local mind "translates" it into seeing a golden color.  Anything one "sees" is like a reflection in "local mind", and hence subject to the local issues, fears and prejudices (or learned concepts) of the being.

And as you quoted in you OP, one merges their heavenly heart with the universe.  With such a true merger, one first "touches" the universe, but then expands to "be" the entire universe, which is the second part of the Heart Sutra that I mentioned above (or Void = Form).  With the realization of ultimate emptiness, one knows that both of those parts as the same, and the Dharmakaya that you mentioned is realized.  

What most call an "immortal" in taoism is more like the Sambhogakaya in classic buddhist sutra.

Best,

Jeff

• Like 1

JinlianPai,

As I stated above, there is definitely something to the radiating of a "golden light".  My original point was about the level (or layer) of "seeing" such a light, not the radiating it self. Such "pure light/energy radiance" is beyond the local body mind, hence the local mind "translates" it into seeing a golden color.  Anything one "sees" is like a reflection in "local mind", and hence subject to the local issues, fears and prejudices (or learned concepts) of the being.

And as you quoted in you OP, one merges their heavenly heart with the universe.  With such a true merger, one first "touches" the universe, but then expands to "be" the entire universe, which is the second part of the Heart Sutra that I mentioned above (or Void = Form).  With the realization of ultimate emptiness, one knows that both of those parts as the same, and the Dharmakaya that you mentioned is realized.  

What most call an "immortal" in taoism is more like the Sambhogakaya in classic buddhist sutra.

Best,

Jeff

Jeff,

Im questioning the spiritual and elemental make up of the golden elixir as it relates to golden immortals.

Jeff,

Im questioning the spiritual and elemental make up of the golden elixir as it relates to golden immortals.

Sounds like a very worthy topic. :)

But, such golden elixir does not relate to physical gold.  All of the components of the elixir are found inside "you".  Or, better yet, you could say that one clears away all of the "gunk" (obstructions) that blocks one from realizing that one has always been a golden immortal. The greater the "clarity", the higher the immortal.

• Like 2

Sounds like a very worthy topic. :)

But, such golden elixir does not relate to physical gold.  All of the components of the elixir are found inside "you".  Or, better yet, you could say that one clears away all of the "gunk" (obstructions) that blocks one from realizing that one has always been a golden immortal. The greater the "clarity", the higher the immortal.

Well how do you know?

Everything in our body relates to something in nature.

If the ancient masters called it golden elixir then there might be something to that.

Especially if there are such things as golden immortals.

JinlianPai,

Happy to discuss the tantric/alchemic process and the differences between some late stage Immortal and Buddha paths.

Would like it in generic terms or more specifically starting and explaining from your personal current energy body state?

Best,

Jeff

JinlianPai,

I have no doubt that such radiating of golden light is possible.  With the radiating, it is more a question of capacity of those attempting to "see it".  As, you earlier quotes describe, some were "trained" to be able to see it.  But, whether one sees it or not, all will feel it at least at some "subconscious" basis.

Such an immortal manifest at a "human" level is very rare, but can be "felt in the heart" by all.

Best regards,

Jeff

• Like 1

JinlianPai,

I have no doubt that such radiating of golden light is possible.  With the radiating, it is more a question of capacity of those attempting to "see it".  As, you earlier quotes describe, some were "trained" to be able to see it.  But, whether one sees it or not, all will feel it at least at some "subconscious" basis.

Such an immortal manifest at a "human" level is very rare, but can be "felt in the heart" by all.

Best regards,

Jeff

Well the golden lotus practices are said too.

So the question becomes is that the path to golden immortals and is that the same as the secret of the golden flower.

Because if it is true then this means that there has been a secret history of cultivators emitting gold light that may or may not doing sogf.

Edited by JinlianPai
  • Like 1

Oh Boy,take lead and mercury and turn that in into gold you can sell. True lead is not a physical substance and true mercury is not a physical substance as well. The gold produced is not a physical substance but shows its effects on the physical body and all near you. To seek authority on a subject people claim to see auras in different colors but this color is not seen by the physical eyes.

Seeing the unseen is truly seeing.The perception by some of the contents of this thread is misguided at best. Please use caution. To take heart and interest in internal alchemy one must seek a transmission of a spiritual being standing right in front of them.

• Like 2

Oh Boy,take lead and mercury and turn that in into gold you can sell. True lead is not a physical substance and true mercury is not a physical substance as well. The gold produced is not a physical substance but shows its effects on the physical body and all near you. To seek authority on a subject people claim to see auras in different colors but this color is not seen by the physical eyes.

Seeing the unseen is truly seeing.The perception by some of the contents of this thread is misguided at best. Please use caution. To take heart and interest in internal alchemy one must seek a transmission of a spiritual being standing right in front of them.

edited im sorry.

Edited by JinlianPai
  • Like 2