DreamBliss

Throwing Out The Subconscious or Unconscious Mind

My knowledge of Jung's psychology is so weak I best just admit that I know nothing of it.

I do agree that there is an unconscious and that it is not all driven by sex.

I can accept only a small part of his "collective unconscious". (Genetically through the mother.)

No, I cannot blame my neighbor when I make a mistake. Collective sharing doesn't go there.

I do hold strong to the concept of responsibility but most of my attention is placed at the individual (I) level.

I will let go of the Jung references since they are not shared between us.

I guess we will have to start all over again from a different place.

What we share is not a code that translates between different domains. It is not like you are on one mountain top signalling to me on another. That I could blame you for one thing and myself for another is only possible because of an immense structure that places us in relationship to each other.

What is that structure and how did it come into being?

Hi Dawei

But your talking about it... so your aware of it... this suggest we can experience it... seems empirical

Now you talk of it as something has made up as 'unaware of'... So now I take it that you have no personal experience yet with reaching the subconscious... and therefore, it does not exist for everyone else too

Yes, there's no need to go round in circles...

Its a fool's game trying to discuss consciousness because its the one thing that can't and won't be conceptualised. Plus all the words mean different things to different people.

The notion of an individuated unconscious, as Freud conceived it, is not only empirically untenable, but a belief that will present a major obstacle to self-realisation.

Concsciousness is One and it is everything. It is not shared, because all the entities supposed to share it are themselves IT.

It is not something 'we all have', because all the people supposed to be conscious are themselves just fleeting shimmers of IT - consciousness.

If you say, as Marblehead did, that the unconscious is the place where dreams and inspirations come from then this is an extremely misguided and spiritually harmful view...unless you recognise that all objects, facts and perceptions come also from the unconscious. If you can do this then you have achieved the unity required and you can call it what you want, conscious, unconscious, the void or God.

Just do not break up consciousness, nor subject it to any gradations whatsoever. To do so is sin itself, and ignorance.

I can get quite passionate on this point... :)

Edited by Nikolai1
  • Like 1

I will let go of the Jung references since they are not shared between us.

Good call.

I guess we will have to start all over again from a different place.

What we share is not a code that translates between different domains. It is not like you are on one mountain top signalling to me on another. That I could blame you for one thing and myself for another is only possible because of an immense structure that places us in relationship to each other.

What is that structure and how did it come into being?

I'm not sure I understand what you are pointing to here.

That we are different manifestations of the One?

That we each see things from our own perspective?

That all things are relative to something else?

And we are still talking about the mind, Right? Both the unconscious and the conscious aspects.

If you say, as Marblehead did, that the unconscious is the place where dreams and inspirations come from then this is an extremely misguided and spiritually harmful view...unless you recognise that all objects, facts and perceptions come also from the unconscious. If you can do this then you have achieved the unity required and you can call it what you want, conscious, unconscious, the void or God.

Just do not break up consciousness, nor subject it to any gradations whatsoever. To do so is sin itself, and ignorance.

I can get quite passionate on this point... :)

Well, perhaps you misunderstood me or perhaps what I said is in conflict with your understandings.

Am I really misguided and being spiritually harmful by saying that our dreams reside in our unconscious mind? You are never consciously aware that you are dreaming while you are dreaming. It is only after you have awaken that you "realize" that the dream was a dream.

And spiritually harmful? Accepting the truth is spiritually harmful? WoW!

And to inspirations: these are thoughts that pop into our conscious mind without consciously bringing them forth. That is to say, they arise on their own. This is similar to day-dreaming. Our conscious mind becomes inactive and our subconscious mind takes over - running here and there - without objective.

Now, if you were talking about the brain, I would agree with you. The brain is a whole. But it has different areas that perform different functions. This is fact. If we lose one part of our brain other parts of our brain will try to compensate for the loss.

But I still suggest that it is important for us to understand what part of our mind is functioning at any given point in time. If we dream that we can fly and say, "Hey! I can fly." then jump off the roof of a ten story building expecting to be able to fly we are going to be gravely disappointed.

You are never consciously aware that you are dreaming while you are dreaming. It is only after you have awaken that you "realize" that the dream was a dream.

I have it happen a few times :)

I will attribute that to the flow of thoughts from the dream continuing while you are gaining consciousness after waking up.

Yes, at that point in time we really don't know if we are dreaming or not.

Schizophrenics are constantly plagued with that.

Good call.

I'm not sure I understand what you are pointing to here.

That we are different manifestations of the One?

That we each see things from our own perspective?

That all things are relative to something else?

And we are still talking about the mind, Right? Both the unconscious and the conscious aspects.

Yes, still talking about the mind.

We see things from our own perspective because we have that place to do it from.

How is it that such a place is possible? It is not a rhetorical question. What are the sufficient conditions?

The ego is a beautiful thing. Why can it exist?

• Like 1

Hi Marblehead,

You are never consciously aware that you are dreaming while you are dreaming. It is only after you have awaken that you "realize" that the dream was a dream.

This is only true for people who think there is a difference between the waking and dreaming states.

For me, the first step was the realisation that even broad waking reality has no intrinsic reality and is indistinguishable from a dream world.

Then I realised quite directly in my own life the Chuang-tzu question about the butterfly - which was no longer a thought experiment but an actual reality. Both dream and waking states are contained within this higher consciousness.

Then I no longer needed to 'wake up' to know that a dream is a dream. I am always aware of myself dreaming now. To dream for me is no different than being at the movies staring at a screen. The only difference between a dream and waking state for me now is that the waking scenes are longer and filmed on better quality film.

And spiritually harmful? Accepting the truth is spiritually harmful? WoW!

I confess you a mystery to me Marblehead. You're not exactly an occasional visitor to these forums. Everyday you read people discussing just what I've written above, based on direct experience usually, and still you consider the fact that the distinction between dream and waking is 'the truth'.

My point is: misunderstanding the true nature of consciousness is a serious business. if you are to understand your true spiritual nature, it is necessary that there are some serious changes in how we perceive reality.

The everyday notion that there are grades of consciousness requires a fixed reality against which we can measure the clarity of our perceptions. Thus, a dream is considered unreal when compared to waking. But there is no fixed reality!! The only reality is our own Selfhood. Discovering this is liberation itself.

The repetition of terms like unconscious vs conscious blocks this insight and is therefore spiritually harmful.

And to inspirations: these are thoughts that pop into our conscious mind without consciously bringing them forth. That is to say, they arise on their own. This is similar to day-dreaming. Our conscious mind becomes inactive and our subconscious mind takes over - running here and there - without objective.

Everything pops into our conscious mind. We can not consciously bring anything forth. Everything arises on its own which is why everything in reality is like a dream, or a dream is like reality.

When you see this is the case your heart opens up and embraces it all. Nothing is real, nothing unreal...nothing is private and nothing is shared. Its so liberating...and then we are free to love and enjoy it all as if we did consciously bring it forth - because that's exactly how it feels!

In waking and dream we have clues to the two aspects of the awakened consciousness we eventually reach. But you must stop considering them as qualitatively different states to get there.

Now, if you were talking about the brain, I would agree with you. The brain is a whole. But it has different areas that perform different functions. This is fact. If we lose one part of our brain other parts of our brain will try to compensate for the loss.

The brain is just a part of the dream. A pretty metaphor for the self. Enjoy it as a dream but don't take it too seriously outside of the dream. In the dream I feed my child dream food, and take care not to bang my head and damage my brain.

If we dream that we can fly and say, "Hey! I can fly." then jump off the roof of a ten story building expecting to be able to fly we are going to be gravely disappointed.

Why mix up dreams? If in one dream you don't believe you can fly then don't try. The next dream, less than 24 hours later, will have a different storyline, different rules apply. If you believe you can fly, go fly!

As for yourself - just be the guy who enjoys ALL the dreams!

Best wishes, Nikolai

Edited by Nikolai1

I once thought that I had woken up from a dream but I was not sure. To find out, I tried to fly but I all I got was a hop. But then I saw the same person in two different places; I laughed when I realized that I must be still dreaming. That's when I woke up for real.

Or so I think. :D

• Like 1

Yes, still talking about the mind.

We see things from our own perspective because we have that place to do it from.

How is it that such a place is possible? It is not a rhetorical question. What are the sufficient conditions?

The ego is a beautiful thing. Why can it exist?

Okay. Good. I just wanted to make sure we were talking about the same thing.

Your first question is the main reason why I do not hold to the concept of "universal consciousness".

There is individual consciousness. That is all that can be proven.

Ego is nothing more than realization of "self". A young human looks into a mirror and knows that the reflection is of itself. A dog looks into a mirror and thinks it is another dog.

Basically I have just said that other animals beside humans are capable of having ego - that is - a realization of self. But I would venture to say that it is only with humans that it play a very important role in their life.

Is ego only an element of our conscious mind or does it play a role in our unconscious mind as well? I haven't thought on this before but likely my short answer would be "Yes".

I once thought that I had woken up from a dream but I was not sure. To find out, I tried to fly but I all I got was a hop. But then I saw the same person in two different places; I laughed when I realized that I must be still dreaming. That's when I woke up for real. Or so I think. :D

But then you might still be dreaming.

My point is: misunderstanding the true nature of consciousness is a serious business. if you are to understand your true spiritual nature, it is necessary that there are some serious changes in how we perceive reality.

I have a small but persistent voice in my head that tells me: "don't take yourself so damned serious."

I find it to be good advice.

• Like 1

Is ego only an element of our conscious mind or does it play a role in our unconscious mind as well? I haven't thought on this before but likely my short answer would be "Yes".

still being attached to the serious side of me, i agree with that, I even suspect that it's quite a large part. What we're aware of, are the ruminations. Bot these are, i think, coming from unconscious patterns and emotions that we try to handle by this ruminations, something like that.

• Like 1

still being attached to the serious side of me, i agree with that, I even suspect that it's quite a large part. What we're aware of, are the ruminations. Bot these are, i think, coming from unconscious patterns and emotions that we try to handle by this ruminations, something like that.

Yeah. I hold to the understanding that ego plays a very important part in our conscious life. And it really, IMO, is very necessary in order to keep us in harmony with reality. But as with the mirror, we should maintain our ego so that it reflects our true value, not what we "think" we are worth.

And likely our unconscious mind is toying with our ego behind our backs. Our dreams will tell us we are other than what we really are. In our dreams we even go to war and defeat all our enemies and get even with those who have wronged us and even cause destruction of those we envy. (In reality we are playing games on a computer.)

I approach it from a totally different aspect.

What makes humans different ? Man as a toolmaker. Not an animal that can use a tool, pick one up or fashion it to the job at hand but one who can ' foresee ' possible variant needs and deign a tool for ( possible multi ) uses that may have applications for a future event. That is, it is part of the 'imaginative faculty' or as some have termed it 'the anticipation of consequences' . That faculty seems associated with the workings within our frontal lobes of the brain.

Who knows what can happen ? How do we figure this stuff out? Usually by certain main themes that 'run programs' of potentials (or consequences ) , of course the themes are not enough so the 'imaginative faculty' needs to calculate possibilities by transposing, reversing, modulating, etc. theme components. The same process can be seen in (and is a reflection of IMO ) mythological themes - which can be seen as outward expressions of this process . Both define what it means to be 'human'. And both I see as an expression of 'soul' - the 'desire' of the unconscious to express certain forms it feels are relevant, through the consciousness and into experimentation in the environment (for feedback for future refinement and development ( the feedback is usually conscious ). If the expression is restricted the 'soul' suffers and begins to throw up all sorts of things to 'get its way'.

It isnt a programme that can run consciously, it's far to complex, like a LOT of things we do; 'autonomous mentation'.

In a way , I see the unconscious as the insides, programmes, hardware, calculations of my computer and my consciousness as the screen. I have no need to know about anything inside my compyter and how it actually works, the screen will do fine.

Until it malfunctions .

• Like 2

I have returned. A few things to say, some off-subject.

It is irrelevant if there is a subconsious mind or not. What is relevant is this... What viewpoint empowers me? The answer is the view that there is only the conscious mind. In it are the things of which I am aware and the things of which I am not aware. This view enables me to take full responsibility for my level of awareness. It means I am not operating on some programming hidden away somewhere inside my mind. I can access anything, any belief, feeling or thought, and become aware of it. I can change these once I become aware of them.

I can not be programmed. It is not some difficult process to change my beliefs or thoughts. The only diffculty comes in being attached to any of that, or adverse to any of that. To make any of that a part of my identity. If I do that then I suffer. So it all comes down to awareness. Some things I do consiosly without awareness. Other things I do consiously with full awarness. My practice is to be fully aware, conscious and present.

I am done with believing what others say, if it disempowers me in any way, no matter what proof they may present. I don't care how authoritive or experienced the sources may be. I choose only those things that empower me and which have proven true in my own experience. Bringing me to what I intend to be some of my last words on LoA here at this forum.

I have proven the LoA teachings true in my own experince. I manifested the money I needed, without effort or trying on my part, without taking away from anyone or anything, to purchase a ticket to the, "I Am Light" conference happening in Portland, right across the river from me, on April 19th. I have no employemnt, and have been unemployed for some time now. Yet I earned well over $200.00. If you want the whole story, go here:

https://blisswriter.wordpress.com/2015/02/13/as-posted-in-a-comment-i-made-at-the-i-am-light-event-page-on-facebook/

I have seen no evidence that the universe does not operate exactly as Abraham, Seth and others of similar teachings have said, going back thousands of years. It is even in the Bible, the passage where Jesus says something about, "What father gives his child a stone when he asks for bread?" Also the whole, "Consider the lillies..." bit.

If you want to believe that the universe does not work that way, that is your choice. But for me, personally, I like the idea of a universe that gives you exactly what you ask for, whether you want it or not. I have already gone over the reasons at various places. But in short it makes people take responsibiity for their thoughts and ultimately for their life experience. It encourages awareness, consiousness and present-mindedness. It empowers people, yet removes all excuses. If your life sucks, you made it suck, and you have to make it un-suck. Plain and simple, same as any true teaching, in my expreience.

I feel the need to defend myself against the words of a certain poster in this thread. This person who said I was running away, putting my fingers in my ears, etc. Well I did, tried on some statements and swear words. But I have decided to delete these and replace them with these words. Because if I strike out against the things this person has said I will only give those statements power over me. This person can only be my enemy f I perceieve him or her to be. Their words can only affect me if I let them. It bothers me what they have said about me, but only my ego is concnered with appearances.

It also just occured to me that this person is suffering enough. That I want to create openess in others, space to change. I do not want to be the cause for someone to close themselves off, or cause anyone to suffer. It doesn't do them any good if I attack them, and it really doesn't do anything for me either. I might think it will make me feel better, but in all honesty, I think I would feel worse. I chose to do, say and think things that cause me to feel good. That open me, allow me to be receptive and make me feel lighter. Learning how to make this choice is also part of the LoA teachings.

I have had to live with people all my life who constantly, constantly say how they can't do that or afford this. Who blame others for the things that happen to them. Who continue to follow an obviously flawed religion and its associated beliefs. I have been surrounded by that my whole life, but I have chosen to think differently.

I will no longer argue with you. I will no longer try to change you. I will leave you, and people like my parents, to live the lives you have chosen. To play your game, your role. To walk your path. But your game, your role and your path are not mine! I have absolutely no interest in the things you believe and call true. Someday I will be in that place or state where you can not engage me. I will simply remain disengaged, fully aware, fully consious, fully present, just allowing you to be as you are, but not getting caught up in iin the things you do or say. I will be as I was, or more as I was, when I was able to sit there, eating my breakfast, while my brother threw stuff around the room. If i had been as I was before in that situation I would have gotten caught up in trying to change my brother, I would have engaged with him, and we would have ended up fighting. But not that time, and I will never forget it!

Christian teachings did not bring me there. Buddhist, Taoist and any other ist religious teachings did not bring me there. Manifestation teachings did. This stuff you call New Age. Eckhart Tolle, Ram Dass, Jane Roberts, Abraham-Hicks, Wayne Dyer. These are the teachers that brough me there. Advaitist teachers, from what I had read over a year ago, brought me there. To that place where I was in the ocean, not tossed about on the waves. I wish I had been able to be there during the time I have spent in this thread.

And that's really all I have to say about this. I am now in the process of manifesting money for food and travel expenses, as well as a room to stay in after the conference. For those interested in my progress, check in at my blog sometime near the end of next month. Once I have manifested the money I will be reserving a room and sharing my experiences.

Peace out!

Edited by DreamBliss
  • Like 2

Being or Source is limitless.

Being doesn't actually need anything. 

It is effortless for you to be right now. 

And if it is effortless to be right now, why continue to search for something you already effortlessly have?

Edited by idiot_stimpy
  • Like 1

.... This view enables me to take full responsibility for my level of awareness ...It means I am not operating on some programming hidden away somewhere inside my mind. ...

I can not be programmed. ... My practice is to be fully aware, conscious and present. ...

.... If your life sucks, you made it suck, ....

This is starting to sound like the rich westerners  ' karma '  argument.

I wonder what the worlds disadvantaged (compared to us ) masses think of that ?

international_security_image_6-_refugee_

• Like 1

To say you cannot be programmed is false.

We all rely on programming to communicate with each other.

Language and its use is programming.

When you're born no language had been learnt.

This has further implications, being, if no language had been learnt could there be a voice in their head that thinks in language.

Most people I have asked this question, refuse to answer it. 

DreamBliss, I think you're on an inspired and growthful path, and I'm quite comfortable with everything you've shared here. I think you're right in affirming your independence from others' perspectives. I'm very happy for you. Keep going and know that my love is in service to you from afar.

Also, I think you're absolutely correct in your assessment - if a concept shackles your mind and you're committed to being free, then you must let it go. And if the masses gather at your door and protest, sleep peacefully through it. They are only protesting their own freedom. When you wake up from your nap you can direct them to their own soveriegnty, which has nothing to do with you. Similarly, your life and your decisions have nothing to do with them, and their overzealous involvement in the management of your beliefs just shows how disconnected they are from their own soveriegnty. IME, a sovereign being does not worry what other people are thinking and believing.

You are free to manage and organize the content of your consciousness as you want. This is the basic premise of LoA and a good scientist, which I think you are, will not waste his or her time theorizing about what will happen when he puts on a particular lens. He will put the lens on and study what happens. The state that you are exploring is precisely that. Some people might not approve of how you're going about freeing yourself, but that's up to you whether to empathize with that. I take it as a lack of respect when someone is going out of their way to disapprove of me. What I know is that I respect myself completely and so I have no need to convince another person to respect me. They can feel however they want. I give them that freedom.

I believe in the LoA and used it a lot. I don't use it anymore because I don't really have a use for it. It taught me things, many of which I'm a little unclear about, but it definitely taught me.

I'm now very comfortable with my beliefs and find that they harmonize remarkably well with my society, my era, my peers, and my genetic and neurological proclivities. They are also effective at actively deconstructing thought forms that limit or disturb my consciousness. To use a metaphor: it's kind of as if certain thoughts that enter your consciousness act like allergens. Often these come from other people. They trigger inflammation and autoimmune responses and create symptoms of sickness. When we first start this process of mind refinment, we expose ourselves to these allergens by engaging controversial issues with others. In this way we develop, more or less subconsciously, the patterns and structures of information that establish the groundwork for our emerging wellness. Now my knowledge of myself and of the world is strong enough that most "allergens" are chemically deconstructed into benign substances and have no negative effect when they enter my system. I find I am happy even when I disagree with someone. My relationships rarely escalate into conflict and I have no emotional problem whatsoever with society. I have morals and I have opinions - I'm happy Keystone was vetoed for example, but the way things are does not infiltrate and inflame my heart region.

I just wanted to share some of my own experience. I think in time you will no longer need Abraham's teachings, as you will  have become them through becoming yourself. And it will probably not look like what you think it will look like. At least in my case, I have become profoundly ordinary in my thoughts and intentions and interests. I have no special divine connection or anything. I just love myself and think in a systematic way that ensures my harmony and contentedness amidst life's mutations.

You're exploring and experimenting with the liberty and sovereignty of your mind - LoA is a vessel for that and can be astonishing in its efficacy. You can continue breaking through any barrier that you want. Have you read Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman? This man taught me to love and respect myself in the way you are talking about. He taught me to smile and revel in myself, to need nothing. I can just say, keep going friend. You are the one on your path. Portland is a powerful city. I hope you have a good time there.

Much love,

Yasjua

Edited by Yasjua
  • Like 2

Wow Yasjua - that was amazing. And you put into words something that I've notice myself. I fully agree with the LoA principles. In fact,they express and contain everything I feel I have learnt in life. But I rarely if ever use them. I wonder what more I want in life and my mind draws a blank! I just notice them happening!

This is why I often say that trying to use the law to gain specific ends can be a risky behaviour because when you are so attached to an outome there is also fear that it won't happen. I would hate it of anyone starts to doubt the law because they feel they have tested it and it hasn't worked for them.

I also find dream bliss very inspiring to read...but I'm torn what to say because there is lot of fear in him about other people's reactions and the law won't fix that..rather the fear will block the law

Edited by Nikolai1

I also find dream bliss very inspiring to read...but I'm torn what to say because there is lot of fear in him about other people's reactions and the law won't fix that..rather the fear will block the law

That's okay. He doesn't need fixing.

Edited by Yasjua
  • Like 3

Nikolai1 and Yasjua, I really have no words... Just this feeling of appreciation.

I appreciate what both of you have said, what you have pointed out, and your support.

I think it is time I set an intention to be surrounded by people exactly like you, wherever I end up in the physical world, should I leave home as I intended this summer.

People who support you and help you grow, not by critisizng you, but lovingly challenging you. People who support you and are there for you when you need them. As both of you have been for me.

I want to be that person for both of you,, those I call friends here at Dao Bums and anyone else I encounter, whether I perceieve them as friends or not.

I am filled with so much love and grattitude for you right now, thank you!

Edited by DreamBliss
  • Like 2

To say you cannot be programmed is false.

We all rely on programming to communicate with each other.

Language and its use is programming.

When you're born no language had been learnt.

This has further implications, being, if no language had been learnt could there be a voice in their head that thinks in language.

Most people I have asked this question, refuse to answer it. 

Hehehe.  Yes we think in language (symbol).  No language, no thinking.  Honey bee mentality.

And yes, in a way, learning a language is being programmed, in a way.

To know that the word "tree" represents a woody plant and not a vending machine is important.

This is starting to sound like the rich westerners  ' karma '  argument.

I wonder what the worlds disadvantaged (compared to us ) masses think of that ?

I set an intention earlier today to go through everything you have said. To change my perception of you from an attacker to my teacher. You are a mirror, showing me something I need to be aware of. I will spend the time needed to become aware of it, to learn the lesson I drew you to me to learn. You are here, as far as I am concerned, because I asked for you to be here.

I did not ask for you to be here consciously. There was no awareness of my asking. But I did set an intention to master the manifestation teachings, or, as I think I would like to refer to it from now on, to become them. So they are not just some skill set I master and use, but they are a part of me and the way I live my physical life. That is the best form for a teaching to take I think. What point is a teaching if it is not lived?

Thank you for being a mirror and a teacher for me. I am setting another intention that if you drew me to you, that I serve as the mirror and teacher you asked for. Because it really is not all about me. It could very well be that you have been brought into my awareness by your own unaware, unconscious asking. Maybe there is something you wanted to learn or understand from me at some level.

So I will be for you whatever it is you drew me to you to be. If that is the case, instead of me drawing you. It could even be that we drew each other. That the Universe, seeing a much bigger picture, brought us together to serve some purpose for each other. I will waste no time trying to figure that out. I will set the intention to be what I need to be for you, and I have already set the intention to see what you are reflecting back at me or teaching me. I will ask for guidance and direction on this.

Everything happens for a reason. It does not have to have a reason to happen. There is no happening without reason. But all happening doesn't have a reason as a goal. The happening is all, every moment of it happening. We humans find reason in it, or are directed to the reason, or stumble onto it.

If we all, all of humanity, co-created this world and our collective as well as individual experiences, then some hand is putting the puzzle pieces into place. The movement of the pieces are the happening. If we are able, with our physical perception, through our filters, see the pieces coming together, that may be the reason. If not the complete and total reason, at least, to us, it is a part of it.

I am a human, using physical perception. To my knowledge I am not enlightened. I possess no greater sight then the vast majority of people. But looking at the puzzle pieces coming together in regards to the disadvantaged and poor, here is my opinion. Maybe I am seeing some truth here, maybe not. Maybe it will give you another way of looking at it.

The first thing is how we perceive these others. It takes criticism and judgment to point to someone living on the street and say, "He is disadvantaged.” or “He is homeless.” or “He is poor." You apply a label associating his current life experience with who he is. But that man is not disadvantaged, homeless or poor. He is a person, an individual, a point of consciousness or awareness, a part of God playing a role, at this moment having a life experience of being disadvantaged, homeless and poor.

His life experience is not who he is, it is the life experience he is having. So the first step is to stop throwing labels on everyone. To stop calling people things like disadvantaged, homeless or poor. To stop comparing people to yourself and other people and trying to define them that way. Such a viewpoint reinforces a victim role. Do you really want to contribute to someone playing a victim role?

I believe we are all collectively co-creating our collective and individual reality. If this is true, whether or not you believe it, you help to reinforce this sort of reality. You help to create it by criticizing, comparing, contrasting and judging people, placing them in groups, us VS them, duality, all that stuff.

Even if you do not believe that we create our reality, what makes you feel better? To see someone on the street you would call disadvantaged, homeless or poor, and feel sorry for them? Or have pity on them? Or to look at this person and see God in them. See Source in them. See a better life experience for them. Spend a few moments and see them doing some sort of work they love, smiling, happy, getting a paycheck, having a roof over their head, etc.

What feels better? To wallow in the problem, the undesired, or to invest a few moments in a possible solution, to think about what is wanted for that person? Do you want them to remain there, on the street, disadvantaged, homeless and poor, in your perception, or would you rather they be off the street, living the life they came here to experience? How do you choose to see these people?

The next thing is to realize that this is a societal issue. It must be addressed at the collective, societal level. The system currently in place, sometimes called materialism, is what is causing this to happen. This whole idea, this whole picture, of how a person should live. They should go through some mythical period called childhood. Graduate from high school in another mythical time period called adolescence. Go to college now as something called an adult. Graduate from college and live on their own. Get a house, a job and support yourself and your family. Work until you can't work anymore. Retire. Help raise your grandkids like you raised your children.

The cycle perpetuates itself. This system is broken and flawed, it is part of the cause of what you call the disadvantaged, homeless or poor. Ever watch the movie Divergent? Those people you are referring to are more like the ones that didn't fit into the system of four groups, as I recall. They are the ones that don't fit in with the system. In a properly designed system there can be none who do not fit in.

A properly designed system starts with throwing out the current system. If the economy collapses, let it. Sometimes things have to be broken before they can be rebuilt. The current system is not worth defending. so throw it out. Now, let people born into this world be lovingly supported instead of programmed. Let them have access to all the material they need, and let them find the life path that speaks to them. In others words, everyone should be following their bliss, doing what they love to do, that which compels them, draws them or speaks to them. Then have a system in place whereby people can support themselves and their families doing what they love.

One more issue I see contributing to the problem... Children are not brought into this world consciously. Humans mate, they do not, as a general rule, have spiritual sex. As I have said elsewhere, they mate like rabbits and have children like rabbits. There is sexual repression from humanity's various beliefs systems and religions.

Get rid of that, so that people are not ashamed of their bodies and do not feel fear or guilt when having sex. Teach people to relax during sexual intercourse, to take their time, to not rush. Yet also allow them to be free to have sex with whoever it is that is interested in having sex with them. Enable people to be fully aware and conscious during sexual intercourse, and then they can consciously bring life into the world. There will be less children born, and the children born will be far healthier. For more on this read Osho's, "Sex Matters."

The final issue is of course religion. But all I can really say about that is that everyone should be able to follow their own spiritual path. That they should be free to choose and should have easy access to all the materials of every religion. There should be a way for everyone to come together, peaceably, and support each other in their various spiritual paths. I can only speak in general of ideals here. I could wander on forever trying to figure out a solution. But those are puzzle pieces beyond my human perception at this moment.

The immediate, practical solution for every person you would call disadvantaged, homeless or poor is simple. Empower them. Support them. Help them come together and collectively create a better reality for themselves. Give them the resources they need. They have chosen, at an unconscious level, a level outside of their conscious awareness, to have that life experience.

Their beliefs and thinking has placed them right there. Give them the space so they can change. That space is given in love, not in trying to change them. So love and accept them as they are, in the life experience they have at that moment. Help them track down the belief systems and thinking that put them there. Help them change these, and their situation should change.

It will not be easy or instantaneous. They may have a lot of internal resistance blocking the manifestation of a better life experience. They may see themselves as worthless, enforced by those, like you, who essentially say that they are by seeing them as disadvantaged, homeless or poor. It is only when they see themselves differently, believe differently about themselves, think differently about themselves and ultimately feel differently about themselves that they can have a different life experience. They can only see themselves differently when you do.

You go to one of these "homeless camps" and start talking to people. Find out what they believe about themselves, about their lives, about life in general. Find out what they are thinking. Listen to the things they say to each other. I guarantee you will hear a lot of, "I can't..." “I'm not...” and “I don't...” They don't see themselves as any better, you don't see them as any better, they don't believe they are any better, or can be any better, or can experience any better, and you may believe the same.

They don't think they can be any better, they don't feel they can be any better, they don't think or feel that their lives can be any better, or that life can be any better. So for them it is not going t be any better. Only when their perception changes and they can see things differently, only when they have the openness created by love so they can change, will they be able to change.

If you care so much for people in those life experiences I have just given you some of the tools you need to help them. You can find the rest of it on your own. If this is a service that compels, draws or speaks to you, run after it! Don't walk or amble along in that general direction, run right to it! Because in doing that joy can find you. In doing that you can contribute to the solution, not the problem. Whether or not you believe that what I have told you is true, it may be just the sort of thing they need to believe to change their situation, and you can be the one to create the space for that change.

For the record I do not believe in destiny, fate, karma or sin. I have also never really seen myself as privileged, although I am sure some could step into my life experience and find it more desirable than their own. But from where I stand, here in these physical feet, my life experience is not what I desire, anymore than those others, standing in their physical feet, find their life experience desirable. So when I speak of things it is not from any belief in destiny, fate, karma or sin. It is also not from some position of wealth and privilege.

I am an armchair philosopher I suppose, but my chair was purchased used for $1.00 and the arms have huge holes in the material through which the foam underneath is showing. Note that I do not place blame for m life experience. I do not blame society, for example. As far as I am concerned, I created these circumstances for myself, at some level, whether or not I was aware of it or fully conscious of it. If I don't like them it is up to me to change them, which is exactly what I intend to do, and why I am becoming what I call the manifestation teachings.

Edited by DreamBliss