C T

Seeing, Recognising & Maintaining One's Enlightening Potential

Recommended Posts

Just now, steve said:

 

No, you are just being disrespectful and insensitive towards two people I like and admire.

 

I will leave here for awhile if that makes you happy. You have never come across like this to anyone here that I know of and why you are singling me out, I have no idea. I have already apologized. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, C T said:

 

Whose rules? Yours? Who made you TDB sheriff? Why are you here anyway? Whats your real intention? Who are you? Are you drunk? 

Wazzup bub? 
I be the drunk TDB high sheriff round here. One of, anyways

ah ralis is playing arm chair mod again?

 

DF not sure which citation style to use here: MLA, APA, Chicago, Turabian, IEEE, other?

 

from the second verse of Sturgill Simpson’s Make Art Not Friends 

   From his Sound & Fury album/ anime production// a must see, but I digress,,,

Im sure I didn’t get that citation quite right, yet 

here goes

 

I love saying “no” to all the “yes” men

just to see the look on their face

love how evrrybody knows what’s best

but nobody knows their place.

sucker born every second stack ‘‘em up to the sky

for every winner, there’s a hundred that die 

So you get yours, and stay out of mine

here’s to the memories, where do I sign?

 

to recap

@ralis

You filed a report concerning plagiarism half an hour ago and instead of waiting to allow mod action you decide to self appoint yourself as an unsworn deputy and take mod action yourself?

not good

consider this a one time informal warning and please stop your arm chair modding

 

Edit love not live

dammit my typo put me in serious violation of someone’s plagiarism rules

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, zerostao said:

Wazzup bub? 
I be the drunk TDB high sheriff round here. One of, anyways

ah ralis is playing arm chair mod again?

 

DF not sure which citation style to use here: MLA, APA, Chicago, Turabian, IEEE, other?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks for the daily laugh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ralis said:

 

I will leave here for awhile if that makes you happy. You have never come across like this to anyone here that I know of and why you are singling me out, I have no idea. I have already apologized. 

 

Whether you stay or go is your choice. You pissed me off and I expressed myself. It happens on occasion. I’m over it and appreciate the fact that you apologized. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ralis said:

There are rules for quoting and should apply here.

I am not aware of any mandate by Sean or trunk regarding this.

This forum exists outside of Academia.

Remember when I was the sole person on the firing line speaking out against bigotry in all forms here. Very few here including the mods supported me at that time.

Those mods are no longer mods. And I cannot agree that you speak out against bigotry in All forms. Imo you practice a form of it yourself.

 

I guess I am too much of a spiritual realist here for most to deal with. 


sure, you insult a couple of members here and when someone calls you out on that then you play the victim card.


maybe consider taking a break because my patience does have a limit, and these tendencies of yours have been burning my fuse awhile now

 

 

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, ralis said:

 

I had the impression that your native language is not English. If you are then, my mistake.

 

time for a little humor?

 

My many canine companions over the years were capable of communicating to / and being understood by almost everyone yet they never spoke a word!

Occasionally they might growl or bark....

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

knock knock

who's there? 

woof woof

woof woof who? 

grrrr... woof 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, natural said:

 

It worked!

Let’s hope so

because if I have to growl and show my teeth,,,,,

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ralis said:

I will leave here for awhile

as you routinely like to bully others with the phrase, I'll mirror it back to you... talk is cheap.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, steve said:

 

Whether you stay or go is your choice. You pissed me off and I expressed myself. It happens on occasion. I’m over it and appreciate the fact that you apologized. 

 

I have one thing to say regarding your criticism of me. Everyone else here including you, holds their teachers in high esteem, but when I mentioned Namkai Norbu this morning you pile on as if I am not allowed to speak a word about him. I have seen intense defense of gurus and teachers here and the mods say nothing. Yet I am singled out for some unknown reason!

 

BTW, one member this morning called me an "old man." Was he moderated for that discriminatory/derogatory remark? 

Edited by ralis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find the piling on of @ralis not only unnecessary (and frankly quite mean), but all too familiar.

 

While I find your responses to be natural reactions for protectiveness of members, wouldn't that same reciprocity also be necessary to ask him if he indeed had any malice instead of assuming it? This is exactly what happened to me before: assuming rather than asking and clarifying, then threatening action (and in my case, bans).

 

He could have worded things better, and this is probably the only part I'll agree on as I hardly observe him to be acting with malice or bigotry. Self-righteousness, perhaps, but nothing beyond that.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2nd time today I've posted this on a thread:

 

Four Agreements of Don Miguel Ruiz

 

-  Don't take anything personally

-  Don't make assumptions

-  Be impeccable with your word

-  Always do your best

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ralis said:

 

I have one thing to say regarding your criticism of me. Everyone else here including you, holds their teachers in high esteem, but when I mentioned Namkai Norbu this morning you pile on as if I am not allowed to speak a word about him. I have seen intense defense of gurus and teachers here and the mods say nothing. Yet I am singled out for some unknown reason!

 

BTW, one member this morning called me an "old man." Was he moderated for that discriminatory/derogatory remark? 

Nothing to do with Norbu, everything to do with your behavior.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Earl Grey

 

let’s not derail this fine thread any longer. Hope you read the second verse that I didn’t cite correctly.

I also wonder why you insist on having mod attention, nearly constantly,,,

I will start a thread in forum & support section today, if you feel you must respond to this post, patiently await that thread to open and respond there.

and thank you

Edited by zerostao
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ralis said:

Yet I am singled out for some unknown reason!

 

PM me if you need further explanation.

 

BTW, one member this morning called me an "old man." Was he moderated for that discriminatory/derogatory remark? 


First , I have heard of it. No report is in the box concerning it.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, zerostao said:

@Earl Grey

 

let’s not derail this fine thread any longer. Hope you read the second verse that I didn’t cite correctly.

I also wonder why you insist on having mod attention, nearly constantly,,,

I will start a thread in forum & support section today, if you feel you must respond to this post, patiently await that thread to open and respond there.

and thank you

 

No need; I've already stated my piece. Please don't assume about me or my intentions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

~ Dr. Thupten Jinpa

The Heart Sutra, in a nutshell

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Image of Sakra. Ming Dynasty. 

Location: Central urban Beijing. Zhihua Temple - the only remaining temple with Ming characteristics. Twice a day, visitors will be treated to a more than rare cadency of 17th century Buddhist rituals. 

 

No photo description available.

 

Sakra https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Śakra_(Buddhism)

Edited by C T
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we could have more discussion about referencing, quotations, and establishing credible and trustworthy sources. Branching into a separate thread perhaps?

 

On 6/22/2022 at 4:47 PM, ralis said:

It is proper to give credit to the author of any quote by correctly including the book title and page number where the quote comes from.

 

This is the academic view chiefly if you appeal to the respect for the author. There is no need to classify plagiarism if there is no competition or anything to lose or gain.

 

The best use of referencing simply acknowledges the reader and sets the threshold low. As an interested reader, I would rather prefer good meta information if something sounds especially appealing and worth discovering more.

 

On 6/22/2022 at 4:59 PM, C T said:

Nah. This is proper nuf. 

 

True enough for a casual discussion such as this.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, senseless virtue said:

I think we could have more discussion about referencing, quotations, and establishing credible and trustworthy sources. Branching into a separate thread perhaps?

 

 

This is the academic view chiefly if you appeal to the respect for the author. There is no need to classify plagiarism if there is no competition or anything to lose or gain.

 

The best use of referencing simply acknowledges the reader and sets the threshold low. As an interested reader, I would rather prefer good meta information if something sounds especially appealing and worth discovering more.

 

 

True enough for a casual discussion such as this.

 

 

 

And the words either resonate or they don't.  Truth has a ring to it.  Disregard that which doesn't ring.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, manitou said:

 

 

 

And the words either resonate or they don't.  Truth has a ring to it.  Disregard that which doesn't ring.

 

So, when opportunity knocks ignore it?

LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, manitou said:

 

 

 

And the words either resonate or they don't.  Truth has a ring to it.  Disregard that which doesn't ring.

 

It'd be odd to answer the phone if it ain't ringing! 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, C T said:

 

It'd be odd to answer the phone if it ain't ringing! 

 

 

That would explain that flat monotone sound I hear when I randomly pick up the receiver.  I've wondered about that for years.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites